PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Fire. :[

BabyPiglet
06-21-2007, 09:10 PM
So we've heard lately about the fire in Jamie's area. And the horrible fire near Jess. I have another to add.....

My mom was at work, when the power went out, and her computer *popped*. So her and the people that were working overtime, went around and turned off all the computers. The other people left, and my mom stayed to do something with a case. She heard her supervisors running down the hall yelling fire. So they all headed out where the stairs and elevator was, when the saw the circuit breaker box literally on fire. Smoke everywhere. But people on the second floor were still working. So they walked down to the
2nd floor to warn them. They had gotten most people out, when they heard screaming from the elevator. No I am not kidding or making this up, this actually happened. Sondra, our co-worker, was stuck in the elevator, with her daughter and 2 grandchildren. One of which was 2 weeks old, the other was 3 years old. The elevator was stuck between two floors. They got the door open and told them to jump out before the elevator crushed them. They pulled the children out, then both adults jumped out.

By then, the smoke was rolling out of the elevator shaft, and out of some doors. Finally, they got out of the building. By then the building worker electrician worker person was there and was running up to the third floor, where the fire was. The firemen were arriving, and they told my mom and the others to just go home, that they had it under control.

My mom is home now, and we don't know what has happened to the building.
:[ I just...I'm just tired of hearing about all these fires.

VolleyballQt07
06-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Wow. I'm glad your mom is alright Jenny. :hug:

::Snow_White::
06-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Aww I'm sorry Jenny. I'm glad your Mom is ok. I hope nobody is going to get hurt.:hug:

We had a fire in October. 4 houses down from ours. Just down the road a little ways. Someone set it on fire after the people there moved out. But anyways it was about 9:30 and all these cop cars go by our house. We run outside. And BOOM. Huge flames probably 30 feet up. No Joke. It scared the heck out of us at first. They had all these firefighters. The house beside it, the people were gone, and nobody was around. So, they let it burn and now there is a new trailer there someone is living in. It kinda freaked us out but nothing happened to anyone so it was ok. Everyone was outside looking though.

VMK_MagicalLadee
06-21-2007, 09:21 PM
OMG JENNY... :hug:

Did I tell you all the fire near me was ruled arson..?

BabyPiglet
06-21-2007, 09:23 PM
OMG JENNY... :hug:

Did I tell you all the fire near me was ruled arson..?
No, never heard that.

Yeah, the flames hadn't started rolling out of the windows or anything yet, but apparently, you could see a ton of smoke.

HSMndLKfan92
06-21-2007, 09:31 PM
That's horrible. I'm glad that everyone's okay, and that the building doesn't suffer from too much damage.

Pirate Me
06-21-2007, 09:51 PM
Happy everything's fine now. :hug:

keypooh90
06-21-2007, 10:00 PM
That's awful. I'm glad your mom is ok.

tigger/winnie/tink
06-21-2007, 10:02 PM
oh wow its that type of stuff hat makes you think

TOT_Princess_412
06-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Im so sorry. I am glad your mom and everyone is ok. :hug:

BabyPiglet
06-21-2007, 11:15 PM
Well this is what I've heard. 3/4 of the third floor (where me and my mom work) and a small part of the 2nd floor has a lot of fire/burn damage. Plus the whole building has smoke damage.

I don't know what's happened to all the files and such. The electrical system is completely fried. We don't know what's going to happen.

C.J. Sparrow
06-21-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm so sorry. I hope that your mom is alright. :hug: