PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed re: Mickey Ears

eacatwork
06-21-2007, 07:46 AM
Friends of ours went to WDW in February and secretly bought my DH a personalized pair of Mickey Ears for our upcoming October trip (DH's first to WDW). I'm really torn. Our 100-day mark is approaching and I wanted to do something to mark the day in Disney fashion. I *think* I want to give him his ears. But part of me (a big part) wants to hold onto them until the morning we leave and give them to him when we arrive at the airport.

What would you do? :earsboy:

CA/RA2000
06-21-2007, 08:00 AM
I would until the the day of the trip and surprise him. The look on his face would be more priceless then!

dburg30
06-21-2007, 08:01 AM
I personally would hide them and give them to as you were walking out the door to goto the first park :).

Kies99
06-21-2007, 09:28 AM
Hold them and make him wear them on them on the airplane down. Make a big deal out of it when talking to airport employees and others. Make it out like it's your "childs" first time to Disney! :rotfl:

dburg30
06-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Ohhhh.. see I dont think I would appreciate that much. Once we get on a bus that's is WDW or at the hotel or thru the arch welcoming you to WDW fine, but not before we get there.. That's just me though, I'm up for all the fun stuff at WDW but there is a point where I would have to draw the line

eacatwork
06-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Oooo...you guys have inspired me. What if I gave him the ears as soon as the plane lands at MCO? Or as soon as we get on the Magical Express? This could work! Because the more I think about it, the more I realize DH would be very unlikely to keep his ears on for flight to Philly and then to MCO. Getting on the Magical Express might just be the thing!

Now...any ideas for what to do to "celebrate" the 100-day mark in our countdown?

dburg30
06-21-2007, 06:49 PM
LOL cook him mickey waffles for breakfast :)

Or go buy him some disney boxers or something :banana: :woohoo:

BlakeNJ
06-21-2007, 06:54 PM
I'd save it. That's something really special. I usually try and pick up at shirt at the Disney Store--usually I get lucky and they are on clearence. Or, disneyshopping.com has men's golf shirts with a small mickey on the chest on sale for $7.00--and code "shipfive" will get it shipped (and anything else you want) for only $5. A good deal!

Have a great trip!