PDA

View Full Version : OT- painting my walls

MomNeedsVacay
06-20-2007, 09:09 AM
I don't know where else to go for help... I'm painting my daughter's walls pink (well one accent wall is pink).... I had previously painted her name in cursive on her wall (probably a foot and a half wide for the whole name). I used a black craft paint on a cream background wall. Now, I'm trying to paint over the black writing, and it keeps "bleeding through" the pink. Any tips? Advice? Should I go to another board? Thanks!

ddavis860
06-20-2007, 09:39 AM
Sand it down if it's raised. Use KILZ as a primer, then paint pink. Should be good to go....

BernardandMissBianca
06-20-2007, 09:56 AM
yep, KILZ is the way to go!!!
I just finished our living room last night and the kids had scuffed up the walls in places so I put a coat of KILZ on it and it worked great. You can find it at pretty much any home improvement store or hardware store that carries pint. I think Walmart even has it.
Good luck!

MomNeedsVacay
06-20-2007, 07:19 PM
You don't know how many ignorant people I asked at Home depot this very question. Thank you. We'll see how it goes :goodvibes

ddavis860
06-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Hope it works for you! Sometimes you have to wonder why home improvement and craft stores hire people that are so clueless about what they are selling...

vanyel
06-21-2007, 12:58 PM
Another vote for kilz. I think there is one that's specifically "high-hiding" for problems. We used it to paint over a dark red wall and it worked great.

hercamore
06-21-2007, 05:35 PM
We just painted our hallway and primed it with Kilz. It worked great hiding the scuff marks I couldn't wash off.

Now, we're going to use the primer to hid the stenciled wallpaper border in our l.r. before jpainting in there.

Good luck. You can get a small can, too. for about$5 at H.d>

herc.