PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried Crocs sassari wedge style?

pcgmom
06-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Have you tried this Sassari wedge sandal? If so, how does it fit? Where did you find it? I would like to try one on in person, but I have found them nowhere. Is it more narrow than the regular style?

jagafen
06-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Check out this website. I just bought a pair of Maryjanes to try out. I saw wedges too, but didn't pay attention to style name. No Tax, free shipping...pretty good deal. Also, coupon code ACCESS gets you $5 of $25 purchase. If you sign up before you buy, they will deduct an additonal 10% off your order. When it was all said and done, the $32 pair of shoes cost me less than $25.....good luck:thumbsup2

cryssi
06-15-2007, 03:35 PM
I just ordered the black/white from shoebuy! Go to msn.com first and they have a $10 off a $30 purchase link...scroll to the bottom of the page, it is on the right hand side in the "advertisements" section. I ordered 2 pairs, size 7 and size 8. I will return the one I don't want... With the extra 10% I believe they cost $26...

LanaJae
06-15-2007, 03:45 PM
I just received the silver and red in size 8, I hated the color, but I wanted to try them and all stores are sold out.

I LOVE THEM! (even the color)

I wear an 8, but was afraid they'd run big (wear a 7 in Scutes and a SM in Disney). 8 fit perfect. I don't know if I could do WDW in these, but I could do half a day in them.

Thanks cryssi for the tip that they have black and white in stock - I just ordered some. They'll be gone by tomorrow I bet.

LanaJae
06-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Use ebates too - first put the shoes in your cart through the MSN link, then go to ebates.com and search shoebuy, then open that link and they'll still be in your cart. You get $5 bonus for signing up at ebates, then another 10% rebate off the final total at shoebuy.

So that's $10 off $30, an additional 10% off, then an additional 10% off, plus $5 if it's your first ebates.com purchase. ebates checks are mailed 4 times a year. I use it for ordering at disneyshopping.com too.

cryssi
06-15-2007, 03:50 PM
no prob! I'm hoping that the 8's work...I posted in another thread that I'd just ordered the black/black from shoesonashoestring.com and had to pay $37.99 + shipping! ack. But shoebuy doesn't have black/black, so...

I wear 7.5-8 in regular shoes, and wear 7's in Athens. I would probably get the Disney's in small, b/c the mediums are waaay too big. I have 7's in primas (too small) and 7's in cleo's (also too small, going to return them). I printed out that crocs sizing chart and they recommend I wear an 8...I'm crossing my fingers! ;)

cryssi
06-15-2007, 03:51 PM
forgot about that...yup, I use ebates, too! :thumbsup2

btw, I almost did what you did, order the red/silver for sizing, even though they are hideous...I probably would have liked them, seeing as how you say you love them! lol

LanaJae
06-15-2007, 04:19 PM
no prob! I'm hoping that the 8's work...I posted in another thread that I'd just ordered the black/black from shoesonashoestring.com and had to pay $37.99 + shipping! ack. But shoebuy doesn't have black/black, so...

I wear 7.5-8 in regular shoes, and wear 7's in Athens. I would probably get the Disney's in small, b/c the mediums are waaay too big. I have 7's in primas (too small) and 7's in cleo's (also too small, going to return them). I printed out that crocs sizing chart and they recommend I wear an 8...I'm crossing my fingers! ;)

Do you like Primas? The 8's felt too small for me so I didn't get any. Last summer, that's all I wanted for my birthday in July so my husband ordered them from Bloomingdales in May. He got a card in the mail that said they would arrive on November 15th! So he cancelled the order and I never got to see any until this year.

I bet the 8's will be perfect in the Sassari for you.

LanaJae
06-15-2007, 04:22 PM
forgot about that...yup, I use ebates, too! :thumbsup2

btw, I almost did what you did, order the red/silver for sizing, even though they are hideous...I probably would have liked them, seeing as how you say you love them! lol

I thought they were the ugliest color combination ever, but I have them on now and they ain't coming off all weekend :)

cryssi
06-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Do you like Primas? The 8's felt too small for me so I didn't get any. Last summer, that's all I wanted for my birthday in July so my husband ordered them from Bloomingdales in May. He got a card in the mail that said they would arrive on November 15th! So he cancelled the order and I never got to see any until this year.

I bet the 8's will be perfect in the Sassari for you.

no, the primas suck because they are too tight. I tried on the 8's at macy's, and they were a bit too big. I wonder if I could shrink those in the dryer (might be why the 7's are too small...I put them in the dryer). I don't really want to try, though...

LanaJae
06-15-2007, 06:07 PM
thanks, I don't feel bad about not having any now - still have the Sassari's on, it's 91 out, I've been outside and went to the grocery store and they still feel great... and I feel really tall ;)

cryssi
06-15-2007, 06:29 PM
woo hoo! I can't wait! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Up2late4clay
06-15-2007, 11:13 PM
I ordered a pair and really like them. They are the most comfortable wedgies I have ever worn! :cloud9: (so unlike my leather ones with the cork heel that make my feet bleed after 5 minutes of walking)

They look really cute too, so unlike the other ones (of which I have 2 pairs and still can't get passed the goofy look of them) The heel is a tad narrow, which your foot will probably fit on okay unless you have wide feet...but as far as walking it's a little trickier. I think I'm just spoiled from wearing regular crocs and sneakers all the time though. But the Sassari's look super with skirts.

Oh, I was reading online reviews on some shoe site and people kept saying that the Sassari's ran big so get a smaller size and I accidentally ordered two sizes smaller. :confused3 Thankfully, I ordered them from Shoebuy and they have free return shipping. So I normally wear W8 in Cayman and I wear W7 in Sassari.

BTW, Shoebuy has a 15% discount code (google for code, it's a bunch of numbers that I don't remember) and if you are signed up to get their emails, they consider you a "member" and take off an additional 5%. :thumbsup2

jagafen
06-16-2007, 09:14 AM
Use ebates too - first put the shoes in your cart through the MSN link, then go to ebates.com and search shoebuy, then open that link and they'll still be in your cart. You get $5 bonus for signing up at ebates, then another 10% rebate off the final total at shoebuy.

So that's $10 off $30, an additional 10% off, then an additional 10% off, plus $5 if it's your first ebates.com purchase. ebates checks are mailed 4 times a year. I use it for ordering at disneyshopping.com too.

Thanks for the heads up on ebates.com. I love the idea of "cash back", and since I do a lot of online shopping (I loathe malls), this could turn out to be very dangerous for me!

FYI, shoebuy is having a 20% off sale this weekend.....that means 2 more pairs of crocs, plus my 10% discount....just under $50!!!

4daubers
06-16-2007, 10:07 AM
I must be clueless this morning. Where is the MSN link to order shoes?

Thanks!

LanaJae
06-16-2007, 10:20 AM
it's on the right side of msn.com in a box that says "advertisements" - today it is 20% off. Some days it's $10 off $30 and other days it's 15% or $10 off $40. It won't say "shoebuy" but will say something like: "Shoe sale: Save 20% + free shipping"

LanaJae
06-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the heads up on ebates.com. I love the idea of "cash back", and since I do a lot of online shopping (I loathe malls), this could turn out to be very dangerous for me!

FYI, shoebuy is having a 20% off sale this weekend.....that means 2 more pairs of crocs, plus my 10% discount....just under $50!!!

ebates has a lot of good stores, plus, you get $5 everytime you refer someone and they buy something, so if you have friends that also shop online, you might come out pretty good on your first check.

Watch for the daily double every day - one store's rebate is doubled. On the site's birthday, I got an 18% rebate on shoebuy.

If anyone sells on eBay, you might make out well buying the Sassari black and whites - they have been going pretty high.

cryssi
06-18-2007, 12:28 PM
yup, black/white is all sold out in the middle sizes 6-9...

can't wait for mine! :thumbsup2

WeLuvDCL
06-19-2007, 07:51 AM
I wear an 8, but was afraid they'd run big (wear a 7 in Scutes and a SM in Disney). 8 fit perfect. I don't know if I could do WDW in these, but I could do half a day in them.

Great to know! I wear an 8 and was worried too since the other stils seem to run big. I was so excited when I saw Crocs come out wiht these but I can't find them in any stores and I'm one of those that really likes to try shoes on before I buy, especially when they are $40. So, I bought the pink and white ones off eBay for $30 and they should be arriving soon. I really hope they are as comfortable as the other Crocs.

LanaJae
06-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Great to know! I wear an 8 and was worried too since the other stils seem to run big. I was so excited when I saw Crocs come out wiht these but I can't find them in any stores and I'm one of those that really likes to try shoes on before I buy, especially when they are $40. So, I bought the pink and white ones off eBay for $30 and they should be arriving soon. I really hope they are as comfortable as the other Crocs.

Actually I think they are more comfortable than other Crocs - I have Beach, Mary Jane and Scute and the Sassaris feel like you are walking on marshmallows (maybe the bigger heel?), and are so much dressier, but not too much so. I hope you love them as much as I love mine, at least they would be easy to resell on eBay if you don't like them. That was a good price for the pink/whites.

cryssi
06-19-2007, 12:34 PM
mine are on the truck "out for delivery"

:banana: :banana: :banana:

WeLuvDCL
06-19-2007, 03:36 PM
Actually I think they are more comfortable than other Crocs - I have Beach, Mary Jane and Scute and the Sassaris feel like you are walking on marshmallows (maybe the bigger heel?), and are so much dressier, but not too much so. I hope you love them as much as I love mine, at least they would be easy to resell on eBay if you don't like them. That was a good price for the pink/whites.

Great! I love the look and if the are comfy I'm stocking up! You have me wanting to go order the black on black and gold on brown right now for work! :goodvibes But, I will try to be patient and wait until my pink ones arrive, do a two day test and then go on a buying frenzy! :cool1:
I'll still have to waer my Disney Crocs to the park though, of course.

LanaJae
06-19-2007, 04:42 PM
I'll still have to waer my Disney Crocs to the park though, of course.

But you could wear these out to dinner there ;)

cryssi
06-19-2007, 04:58 PM
LanaJae, do your feet slide forward in the sassari's? or do the "circulation nubs" keep them from sliding? just curious! mine are still on the truck... :( lol not that I could get them or anything until I get home, though!

LanaJae
06-19-2007, 06:13 PM
LanaJae, do your feet slide forward in the sassari's? or do the "circulation nubs" keep them from sliding? just curious! mine are still on the truck... :( lol not that I could get them or anything until I get home, though!

I think they do help, I haven't noticed it at all, plus the angle is good where the toes fit in, it sort of keeps that part of your foot where it's supposed to be.

I wore them all day today.

Hope they come tomorrow!

cryssi
06-19-2007, 07:17 PM
woo hoo! at my door! :banana: :banana: :banana:

now to leave work and go check them out! :yay:

ooh, perhaps I should add that it's my size 8 black/black's are here...the black/whites are due on friday!

cryssi
06-20-2007, 12:25 AM
darn darn darn...they are too big! :( :( :( I took some pics...I don't know where the card reader is, so I'll try to post them tomorrow...dangit! They're really funky shoes, but I really wanted to wear them tomorrow. :( so sad. I paid $8 shipping for these, and will have to pay to send them back, so it might be eBay for these puppies...I don't know.

Well, my last hope will be for the 7's that arrive on Friday. Cross your fingers...

LanaJae
06-20-2007, 12:33 AM
darn darn darn...they are too big! :( :( :( I took some pics...I don't know where the card reader is, so I'll try to post them tomorrow...dangit! They're really funky shoes, but I really wanted to wear them tomorrow. :( so sad. I paid $8 shipping for these, and will have to pay to send them back, so it might be eBay for these puppies...I don't know.

Well, my last hope will be for the 7's that arrive on Friday. Cross your fingers...

That's rotten! I am sure you will get all your money back on eBay for black/black - were they too long or too wide? I hope the 7's fit! Sorry - I was hoping for a post as mental as mine was lol

cryssi
06-20-2007, 12:46 AM
That's rotten! I am sure you will get all your money back on eBay for black/black - were they too long or too wide? I hope the 7's fit! Sorry - I was hoping for a post as mental as mine was lol

LOL! am I a freak for obsessing about these dumb shoes?

Anyway, they are too long. You kind of expect crocs to be a bit wide, so that's ok. I wear a 7.5-8 shoe, so I kind of expected these to be a little big. I wonder if the 7's will be too small, though? I had Cleos in 7 and they were a tiny bit too short, but the 8's were too big and looked funny. Sooo...I'm sure you're not quite as mental as I am...:rotfl:

P.S. OP, so sorry for hijacking your thread. I hope you get some good insights to your sassari purchase! :thumbsup2

I found a USB cable so I can show example pics:

here's my foot lined up with the front of the shoe:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a107/cyumickey/shoes005.jpg

lined up with the back of the shoe:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a107/cyumickey/shoes004.jpg

top view:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a107/cyumickey/shoes002.jpg

I admit, I'm a freak.

LanaJae
06-20-2007, 01:22 AM
The gap when you have your heel to the back makes me think the 7's will be good. I'd post mine if I had feet that looked like yours!

There are no freaks when it comes to shoes and women - there are even Hallmark cards dedicated to the shoe dept. at Nordstrom's - don't get me started on Nordstrom's or we'll see who the real freak is around here (I don't buy, I visit).

Also sorry to the OP - hope you got a pair!

cryssi
06-20-2007, 01:28 AM
LOL! It's a rare occasion that my toes are actually painted...well I'm really trying not to be so lazy about it these days! I've become obsessed with crocs, the new ones anyway!

those black/blacks look pretty sharp though, huh? If the 7's are it, I might just have to get me another pair... :rolleyes:

LanaJae
06-20-2007, 03:43 PM
LOL! It's a rare occasion that my toes are actually painted...well I'm really trying not to be so lazy about it these days! I've become obsessed with crocs, the new ones anyway!

those black/blacks look pretty sharp though, huh? If the 7's are it, I might just have to get me another pair... :rolleyes:

They are! If shoebuy had them, I'd be ordering them right this second. I would've rather had black/black than the black/white, but I'm still thrilled about getting those and I wouldn't never checked if you hadn't posted. They're arriving tomorrow. YIPPEE

cryssi
06-20-2007, 03:47 PM
:banana: mine come on friday...I should have had them sent to work so I'd get them earlier, but they already make fun of me that I order so many shoes...when a package comes for me here at the office, they say "shoes again??" :rotfl:

cryssi
06-21-2007, 12:43 PM
did ya get them in?? :teeth:

LanaJae
06-21-2007, 01:30 PM
did ya get them in?? :teeth:

Just a minute ago, you're shoe-psychic! Of course I love them and they even came in a real shoe box wrapped in paper lol

cryssi
06-21-2007, 03:37 PM
:thumbsup2

cryssi
06-22-2007, 02:53 PM
yahoo!!!:banana: :yay: :banana:

the 7's fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm wearing them right now (I've been wearing my athens all morning! lol)

score...I'm going to have to get the black/blacks now...and maybe fuschia/white...:rolleyes: DH is gonna kill me...lol

LanaJae
06-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Great news! I say get all the colors, they are cheaper than tools ;)

cryssi
06-28-2007, 11:54 AM
I am proud to report that I've worn my sassari's every day to work! :thumbsup2

I really need those black/black, though...:rotfl: and I'm seriously considering the red/silver, even though no one wants them (they're the only color left at shoebuy!) lol

LanaJae
06-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Hi Cryssi from you fellow Sassari addict... um, make that pusher. I think you need the red/silver too because if you love wearing black and white, then you must love gray too and silver is gray and everyone needs a hint of red.

I wore my black/whites to the clinic today and lots of people were looking at them, but no one said anything - don't know if that's a good or a bad thing!

I want black/black too - I wonder why shoebuy doesn't list them? Are they exclusive to Bloomingdales? (who charges $49.99 I think)

cryssi
06-28-2007, 02:50 PM
You can get the black/black at crocs.com, I got mine at www.shoesonashoestring.com for 37.99 + 8 shipping. It would cost me just as much to send them back for an exchange, though, so I'm not sure what to do...

LanaJae
06-28-2007, 04:32 PM
You can get the black/black at crocs.com, I got mine at www.shoesonashoestring.com for 37.99 + 8 shipping. It would cost me just as much to send them back for an exchange, though, so I'm not sure what to do...

Do they have a 7 in stock? I've sometimes gotten a return shipping refund if I've requested it when returning something - esp. might work with Crocs since their sizes are pretty misrepresented. Also, if they didn't come in a shoe box, you might be able to stick them in a tyvek envelope and send them back for much less than $8 since they don't weigh much. The priority mail ones are free at the post office. Any exchanges are usually shipped free back to you from most places.

I'd order from them or buy yours, but I just can't bring myself to pay that much when shoebuy is around, and I don't really need them, I've got black shoes scattered all over my bedroom and closet, and to top that off, I had a pair of Beach Khakis come today that I forgot I even ordered! 9 pairs of Crocs with only 24 hours in a day lol (not to mention I live in a state where we have about 3 good months for wearing them)

cryssi
06-28-2007, 04:38 PM
you know what? people must have discovered them, because they don't have 7's anymore! :( so sad...

they did come in a box, so oh well...

shoebuy is slow at getting things, so they may get them in a few months...