PDA

View Full Version : Homeowners, MUST read..

mbb
06-15-2007, 12:16 PM
LOTS of new homeowners visiting us, hope you'll all stay to participate and add your opinions and suggestions to folks here thinking about a villa/townhome/condo vacation.:goodvibes

Usually Kilee and I try to send along a pm/note to any new posters that own rental homes in the Orlando area, but I don't think I can keep track of all of you this week to send a note to..

So a few tips and suggestions that might make your participation here a little more comfortable:

You must read, and practice the DISBoardRules for Posting.

*Absolutely no for sale, rent or "late availabilty" posts are permitted.
*No "I sent you a pm" posts to folks looking for suggestions about a rental.
*No direct links to your website in your posts or signature.
*Complaints from DISers about pm solicitation will not be tolerated.

These may result in warnings, infraction points, or even loss of posting priveleges.

OK, now..what is ok to post:)
*We will permit you to offer suggestions about your community, and provide links to your community information website (it has to offer more than just your home for rent, though), if the thread is asking for that type of info
*We will permit you to offer suggestions about home rental, private rental or managment company rentals - if the thread is asking for that type of info.
*We will permit you to provide links to websites your home is listed on - again, if the thread is asking for that type of info.
*General information about Orlando rentals.

Hope this helps...but remember, your participation here, active or no, can be a double-edged sword.

Good reviews stay, just like the not-so-good ones do.

Again, welcome!

:sunny:

mbb
06-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Thanks for reading.:)
Lift up for the night folks.

mbb
06-16-2007, 02:56 PM

safetymom
06-17-2007, 05:26 PM
bump

mbb
06-25-2007, 08:35 AM
:goodvibes :goodvibes

*disgal*
06-26-2007, 12:13 PM
I am not a homeowner but I have a question.

I take it that these rules are for non homeowners also?? Since yesterday I provided a link for someone as a suggestion (a vrbo.com link) as to what is out there for their family and I got a warning.

I don't want to break any rules, but being that I am not a homeowner (besides my house here in NY) or a condo owner or anything, I find it odd that I can give someone a link to a hotel but not a condo or house.

Thanks. :)

5mins2disney
06-26-2007, 12:21 PM
*We will permit you to offer suggestions about your community, and provide links to your community information website (it has to offer more than just your home for rent, though), if the thread is asking for that type of info
*We will permit you to offer suggestions about home rental, private rental or managment company rentals - if the thread is asking for that type of info.
*We will permit you to provide links to websites your home is listed on - again, if the thread is asking for that type of info.
*General information about Orlando rentals.

I just got a warning for posting a link to a community information website and my post was removed, I've been in contact with the moderators, since this is supposed to be allowed, yet I received a warning from a webmaster, who told me this is not allowed since my home came up on the community information site. Definitely some clarification is needed here!

*disgal*
06-30-2007, 03:00 PM
bump

ducklite
07-01-2007, 06:03 AM
Thanks for bumping this. While I think it's great when renters post opinioins of various homes, I also think that it's crass for owners to post things about their homes--especially when they aren't forthcoming that they are the owner.

I also want to say that there are two or three owners who are active on this board and are extremely helpful to people planning a trip to the area, and they are to be commended for their unbiased participation! :goodvibes

Anne

mbb
07-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Just to let you know, I've forwarded this thread on with your questions and concerns.:thumbsup2

If we have some posting policy changes coming, I'll be sure to let you all know!:goodvibes

disneysteve
07-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Bump

I'd also like to know what non-owners are allowed to post. Sometimes people ask about specific homes that we've rented. I'd like to be able to share info on owners we've dealt with and would recommend to others.

mbb
07-04-2007, 10:19 AM
Bump

I'd also like to know what non-owners are allowed to post. Sometimes people ask about specific homes that we've rented. I'd like to be able to share info on owners we've dealt with and would recommend to others.

As far as Kilee and I are concerned, it is perfectly fine for renters to post links to homes they've rented, either in response to a thread/question about a home rental, or in a review for the Reviews Board.:goodvibes

But as I posted previously, I've forwarded this thread on, and asked for further clarification.

There may be posting policy changes in the works - in ways that will still provide access to information about home rentals for folks, and allow for homeowner participation as well.

I promise I will let you know as soon as I do:goodvibes

In the meantime, please feel free to ask questions, provide comments, suggestions or your thoughts.
The DIS is a privately owned Board, moderated by volunteers, and works hard to help you plan your best Orlando vacations (...I know my little family would still be stuck in hotel rooms if it wasn't for the OH&A:goodvibes )