PDA

View Full Version : Boston DIS Fall Meet....9/23/07 (aka 'the anti-Ronda meet')

goofy4tink
06-15-2007, 08:01 AM
Here's the latest and greatest from our Duck Tour leader Mary Ann......

***8/4 updated info

Fire & Ice Brunch 10:30AM ($13.95/pp)
Duck Tour 2PM - Meet at the Prudential Ctr at 1:30PM

Updated attendance

goofy4tink (3)
magiroux (4)
jerry!! (1)**
camcolt (4)
HRRH (aka TLinden, Karen, Jerry's keeper!!)
yearbook50 (1)
kittychan (3)
Improvgal (1)**
allshookup (4)
jonestavern (2) maybe 3
newholidayx2

** - attending brunch only

This revised info is being typed by me, magiroux. goofy4tink is just editing her page #1 post for me. When I refer to PM'ing, I am refering to my PM box, not goofy4tink's. She is going to WDW and will not be able to re-direct them to me

OK, according to this list we have 20 people attending the Duck Tour - I have reserved a a group rate for Sept 23rd at 2PM which needs to be paid for by August 23rd. The charge is $24.15 per adult $17.85 (3-11). That is the listed group rate and includes the 5% tax. If this attendance list is accurate and I can reserve this "group rate", it will save $7.50 per person from the on-line (less than 20 people) rate. That is a sizable savings, especially for those with larger parties attending.

***tipping- If you would like to include your tip in your payment to me, that would certainly make it easier. However, knowing tipping is very subjective and if you would perfer to handle it differently, that is quite all right with me. Just a suggestion

I will be sending out a PM later today to all that have responding in the past saying they are attending with all the details of where to send payment. PLEASE respond to my PM, via pm, so that I may keep better track of this. I will need to know how many people are attending and the break down of number of adults and children. I need to give them a break down ASAP.

If you haven't signed up already and are interested in attending the Duck Tour portion of the meet, please PM me ASAP. I may or may not be able to increase the count if I wait too long to add persons

Since full payment for the group reservation is due to Duck Tours on August 23, I really need to get responses and payments ASAP. If I can't get 20 "confirmed" participants I will have to cancel this group, resulting in cancelling the "group rate".

OK folks, I think that is all, but any questions and/or concerns, please ask away

Thanks Di for revising it for me

(DH) (ME) (DD-11)

Hope this is right!!!

yearbook50
06-15-2007, 04:11 PM
I'll be there!!!

TLinden16
06-15-2007, 04:55 PM
I never said I was coming.

And what about Jerry?

magiroux
06-15-2007, 05:12 PM
I never said I was coming.

And what about Jerry?

Ummmm, don't even go there, you're coming :cool1:

CamColt
06-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Since its a Sunday I will likely be there. DH will probably come too since I wont drive in Boston. I make him deal with that. If other kids are going I will probably bring the boys, but I guess I have time to decide on that one.

I'm tasting those banana chocolate chip pancakes already! :rolleyes1

magiroux
06-15-2007, 06:04 PM
We can get a group discount if we have more than 20 people, but that has to be paid for up front, rather than at the time of tour.
If we have fewer than that, we will just go as is.

Oops, a little correction here......

No matter how we reserve this; Group Discount, Rent a Duck, or reserving 5 days in advance (on-line) with a group of less than 20, I will need payment up front. The only way you can reserve Duck Tours the "day of" is to be at one of the reservation locations as soon as they open, and all spaces usually sell out by 10AM on popular days (weekends). If we have less than 20 people the only chance we have to reserve as a group is to do it 5 days in advance as soon as reservations open on-line. I am willing to do all that organizing however, once reserved, these tickets are also NON-REFUNDABLE, therefor I would need payment beforehand.

I have copied the post regarding options for the Duck Tours from our previous thread "Poll thread".

This is the scoop on Duck Tours...

Over 20 people can be booked at group rate of $23/adult, $17/ age 3-11, $5/under 3 - these can book early so if we have the participants, I would advice booking as soon as a date is set and payment is settled

Under 20 can be booked on-line 5 days in advance $27/adult, $18/age 3-11, $5/under 3, plus a $3.50 per ticket surcharge 5 days in advance.

Soooo, if we get a group of 20 or more we can try to arrange the group rate. This would need to be done ASAP since they say popular dates (read: weekends) can sell out very early.

...or, we can book on-line 5 days in advance.

Another option is to "rent a duck" for $805 which includes 5% BSTS (tourist tax) & 10% gratuity. A duck holds a max of 32 people.

I will make the arrangements for whatever works for the group. Like Goofy4tink said the Duck Tours would require payment up front since they need to be reserved in advance and it is NON-REFUNDABLE.

I think the best way to handle this is to PM me if you are attending the Duck Tour, along with the number adults and children. Once I hit 20 people, I will call and request reservations for a group tour for our date. I can not reserve the date for a "Group" Duck Tours until I have a confirmed party of at least 20 people, and the longer we wait to call, the less chance we will have of reserving our desired date.

Remember, you do not have to attend both parts of the meet. You can attend either or, or both Fire & Ice and Duck Tours.

goofy4tink
06-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Oops, a little correction here......

No matter how we reserve this; Group Discount, Rent a Duck, or reserving 5 days in advance (on-line) with a group of less than 20, I will need payment up front. The only way you can reserve Duck Tours the "day of" is to be at one of the reservation locations as soon as they open, and all spaces usually sell out by 10AM on popular days (weekends). If we have less than 20 people the only chance we have to reserve as a group is to do it 5 days in advance as soon as reservations open on-line. I am willing to do all that organizing however, once reserved, these tickets are also NON-REFUNDABLE, therefor I would need payment beforehand.

I have copied the post regarding options for the Duck Tours from our previous thread "Poll thread".

This is the scoop on Duck Tours...

Over 20 people can be booked at group rate of $23/adult, $17/ age 3-11, $5/under 3 - these can book early so if we have the participants, I would advice booking as soon as a date is set and payment is settled

Under 20 can be booked on-line 5 days in advance $27/adult, $18/age 3-11, $5/under 3, plus a $3.50 per ticket surcharge 5 days in advance.

Soooo, if we get a group of 20 or more we can try to arrange the group rate. This would need to be done ASAP since they say popular dates (read: weekends) can sell out very early.

...or, we can book on-line 5 days in advance.

Another option is to "rent a duck" for $805 which includes 5% BSTS (tourist tax) & 10% gratuity. A duck holds a max of 32 people.

I will make the arrangements for whatever works for the group. Like Goofy4tink said the Duck Tours would require payment up front since they need to be reserved in advance and it is NON-REFUNDABLE.

I think the best way to handle this is to PM me if you are attending the Duck Tour, along with the number adults and children. Once I hit 20 people, I will call and request reservations for a group tour for our date. I can not reserve the date with Duck Tours until I have a confirmed party of at least 20 people, and the longer we wait to call, the less chance we will have of reserving our desired date.

Remember, you do not have to attend both parts of the meet. You can attend either or, or both Fire & Ice and Duck Tours.

Thanks for the correction Miss Mary Ann!!!

SeaSpray
06-15-2007, 07:02 PM
YAY! I see you guys changed it to a Sunday, therefore changing to BRUNCH at Fire & Ice!! :banana:

So please add me and my DH CapeCAD to the list! princess: pirate:

Hmm... just thought of something... I'm going to be getting tickets to see the play "Wicked" for September... I should try and get tickets for Saturday night or Sunday (I was looking at this exact weekend) and make a full Boston Weekend out of it! :cool2:

At any rate, we'll be at the brunch and the Duck Tour! Quack!

goofy4tink
06-16-2007, 06:35 AM
YAY! I see you guys changed it to a Sunday, therefore changing to BRUNCH at Fire & Ice!! :banana:

Hmm... just thought of something... I'm going to be getting tickets to see the play "Wicked" for September... I should try and get tickets for Saturday night or Sunday (I was looking at this exact weekend) and make a full Boston Weekend out of it! :cool2:

Cool beans!! We'll get you guys added. We're going to 'Wicked' on Oct 7...tickets are going fast, better stir your stumps so to speak. Loved it last year and I refused to take dd to NYC to see it, so spent waaay too money on really good seats for Oct!!!

Kitty-chan
06-17-2007, 07:21 PM
I've got it on my calendar, yay!

I also might bring DS10, if there are other kids his age going. Anybody bringing kids?

magiroux
06-18-2007, 07:15 AM

WOW - that would be quite a weekend!!! FYI - We are looking at a 10:30 brunch and a 2:30 Duck Tour.

magiroux
06-18-2007, 07:18 AM
I've got it on my calendar, yay!

I also might bring DS10, if there are other kids his age going. Anybody bringing kids?

Yes, my DD (11) will be going :thumbsup2 . Maybe we can add the kids attending to the roster on the first post - Di ;)?

TLinden16
06-21-2007, 09:38 AM
bump

goofy4tink
06-25-2007, 11:07 AM
:bounce:

kaytieeldr
06-25-2007, 11:43 AM
Feel free to retitle this thread - and the resulting get-together - the "Anti-Ronda Meet".

Kitty-chan
06-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Feel free to retitle this thread - and the resulting get-together - the "Anti-Ronda Meet".

:sad2: :rotfl2:

kaytieeldr
06-25-2007, 01:32 PM
:sad2: :rotfl2:

Oh, good - as long as nobody thinks I'm actually upset! I mean, I could do a Duck Tour any day. I'll just have my OWN meet. I enjoy my company :teeth:

TLinden16
06-25-2007, 02:22 PM
Who's designing the No Ronda Allowed t-shrits for this meet? I think the backs should should say, "Having fun without Ronda is the best way to have fun."

kaytieeldr
06-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Oh, let me! Let me! I'll start working on Zazzle.com tonight... :teeth: And on the front, on the left shoulder (classier than spread across the whole front of the shirts) could be a picture of me with the "no" symbol over it - the red circle with the line through it?

goofy4tink
06-26-2007, 07:34 AM
And so, we have a new thread title...per her most royal highness, Queen Ronda's, wishes :thumbsup2 :lmao:

TLinden16
06-26-2007, 07:37 AM
And so, we have a new thread title...per her most royal highness, Queen Ronda's, wishes :thumbsup2 :lmao:

Excuse me. I'm the only Royalty around here.

kaytieeldr
06-26-2007, 08:04 AM
I'll share. I know you're Queen of All Things DIS, but on the AOL boards I'm Queen of All Things Disney World :teeth: In fact, at Disneyland I was able to get not my name embroidered on my gold Mickey Ears... but "Queen"

goofy4tink
06-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Excuse me. I'm the only Royalty around here.

Of course you are dear!!! You are the true 'Queen' of all things!!!!

I'll share. I know you're Queen of All Things DIS, but on the AOL boards I'm Queen of All Things Disney World :teeth: In fact, at Disneyland I was able to get not my name embroidered on my gold Mickey Ears... but "Queen"

I think you can be Queen of all AOL things....not that that is a lesser queen, just a different queen.

Ladies....there are no small queenships, only small queen attitudes!!!!princess: +princess: = a bunch of fun!!!

SeaSpray
06-27-2007, 08:32 AM
I just took a quick peek at the DIS Meet pics from last weekend, looks like you all had a great time! Looking forward to Sept 23! :sunny:

goofy4tink
06-27-2007, 01:01 PM
I was posting earlier today with Ed (edcrbsoul or whatever the heck he is) and he wanted to know if Jerry was there at CLP and if there was any cavorting going on. I assured him that there was much cavorting and Sir Jerry was in attendance. Asked him why he wasn't there, he said he hadn't heard about it. Told him about the Sept meet..hopefully he can join us again. Or perhaps that first Jerry meet did him in. It may be time for the Jerry teeshirt to come back out in Sept!!

TLinden16
07-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Jerry has been practicing quacking for th meet. He's not very good though. It sounds more like a moo.

jonestavern
07-05-2007, 02:04 AM
Count Chris & I in for duck & brunch

It's raining out now, so no TV (satellite) & I've spent enough $$ shopping on line, so I'm jumping on this, now!
I wouldn't mind seeing Wicked, either!
I don't think Patrick will be making this--senior year HS & if we start quacking it'll be a loooong time before we ever see or hear from him again! :rotfl2:

late night, not enough tranquilizers,
Jean

magiroux
07-05-2007, 07:51 AM
:cool1: YEAH, The Jones are coming, The Jones are coming :cool1: (and quacking is mandatory)

Also, he is not a DISer, but my brother would like to join us if that's OK? He's a pretty cool dude :cool2: .

And it looks like DH will also be gracing us with his presence :worship: :worship: :worship: so there will be 4 from my clan now.

Hey...it looks like we are up to 14 people. IF CamColt's DH & DS's are joining that would be 17. We are almost at the point where we can call in a "group" reservation. This would make it cheaper ($7.50/pp)for everyone!!!

goofy4tink
07-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Well, since Jimmy is coming along, I may just have to twist George's arm and have him come too...and Kate also!! So, that will add a few more peeps!

magiroux
07-11-2007, 05:06 PM
:Pinkbounc bumpity-bump :Pinkbounc

ImprovGal
07-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Count me in for the Fire & Ice brunch!

ImprovGal, party of 1

magiroux
07-22-2007, 10:21 AM
:cool1: YEAH!!! Welcome aboard the Duck, ImprovGal. :cool1:

I'll post details for arranging payment and such in the next week or so.

ImprovGal
07-22-2007, 10:28 AM
:cool1: YEAH!!! Welcome aboard the Duck, ImprovGal. :cool1:

I'll post details for arranging payment and such in the next week or so.

Oops. I guess I wasn't clear. Count me in for just the brunch at Fire & Ice, not the Duck tour.

allshookup
07-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Hi Everybody! Is it too late to join in? If not put 4 of us down for the Duck Tours & Fire & Ice! Sounds like a blast! :woohoo:

magiroux
08-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Hi Everybody! Is it too late to join in? If not put 4 of us down for the Duck Tours & Fire & Ice! Sounds like a blast! :woohoo:

:woohoo: :woohoo: So glad you can make it :woohoo: :woohoo:

Not too late at all...

We'll, well Di, will add you to the attendance list.

allshookup
08-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks Maryann! Can't wait!!! :thumbsup2

CamColt
08-02-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm sorry guys. :sad2: I have been so out of touch lately, I havent even been thinking of this meet being so far off. I'm lucky if I make it through the day, nevermind whats going on months away. I have to get my butt in gear!

Ok, so I don't have to read through all of this and try to figure it out, do we have a definite plan yet... date time cost etc...? Make it easy for me, LOL! ;)

magiroux
08-02-2007, 09:25 PM
Hey There :wave2:

Hope you are busy having a great summer.

We'll make it really easy for you....all the info is on Post #1. I don't think you ever said whether your DH and the boys were coming.

I will send out PM's but I am looking to have payment sent to me (via check or money order) by August 23rd for the Duck Tour portion of the meet only. That will give everything a chance to clear. I will ask Di to add this info on Post #1, but I will also PM this info to all who have signed up already.

Oki Dokie, artichokie :goodvibes

CamColt
08-03-2007, 07:22 AM
Got it! I think! ;)

Is the $16.00 per person at F&I the same for kids? (This coming from someone who just spent 11.00 at Chef Mickeys for DS to eat 1 bite of a bagle, 1/2 of a mini muffin, and 1 inch sized cake square.:headache::rotfl: )

yearbook50
08-03-2007, 07:52 AM
I for one am excited about the duck tour.

My fiance would never go on it with me (him being from Carver makes him unexcited about such things, me being the transplant always wanted to do it :banana: )

magiroux
08-03-2007, 05:30 PM
I for one am excited about the duck tour.

My fiance would never go on it with me (him being from Carver makes him unexcited about such things, me being the transplant always wanted to do it :banana: )

..and, it is well worth doing, Melissa. Even if you are born and raised here, like me :goodvibes . It's going to be a blast

magiroux
08-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Got it! I think! ;)

Is the $16.00 per person at F&I the same for kids? (This coming from someone who just spent 11.00 at Chef Mickeys for DS to eat 1 bite of a bagle, 1/2 of a mini muffin, and 1 inch sized cake square.:headache::rotfl: )

I just called Fire & Ice and they stated there is no "children's price" for the brunch :rolleyes:

magiroux
08-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Revised Meet information posted on page 1

goofy4tink
08-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Mary Ann, you may be able to ask Karen to make any changes...she's like a bigger mod than I am so she may be able to make some needed changes if she has to....check with her and see what she says. I'v taken my Lunesta and this post has taken me about 20 mins to post since my eye hand coordination is awful and I have to keep changing things. Off to bed soo. And Karen...if you're out there reading...I still love ya, even though you bust me all the time. I'm tough, I can take it. I have to behave a little bit since George and Katie are coming to this meet. AND, I already paid Mary Ann!! I may be the first one booked. So, now after way too much food with roasted garlic in it (poor kate to my right, and poor George to my right, yep, I'm sure I'm going to be quite odiferous. Why the heck didn't you stop me!!!! Well, evidently the Lunesta is kicking in...I'm having a bit of a hart time typing, so I'll say goodnight and good by. Behave for the short time I'm gone. Karen, want to head over to Transp and make sure they're behaving at least moderatly. Thanks you guys..oh man, I'm getting woozey. I think it's time for face washing/teeth brushing and sleep. I apologize for any errors here. Talk to everyone when we get back....CARRY-ON!!!!:grouphug: :sad2:

magiroux
08-05-2007, 09:19 AM
OMG, Di - there should be some law against posting while popping Lunesta :rotfl: .

OK, everyone that has responded in this thread that they will be attending the Duck Tour portion of the meet should have a PM in their box. If everyone could RSVP back to me ASAP, that would be very helpful in the planning of this event.

If you have not stated previously in this thread that you are interested and now want to join us, again, please PM me ASAP, so that you may be included in the count.

The more the merrier......

CamColt
08-05-2007, 07:27 PM
OMG, Di - there should be some law against posting while popping Lunesta :rotfl: .

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Hope your trip is off to a good start, Diane!

Mary Ann, the check is in the mail. Woohoo! It's so nice to be official now! I may need to start qucking. :donald:

magiroux
08-10-2007, 10:00 AM
:donald: :donald: Just giving us a little bumpity-bump :donald: :donald: Quack, Quack

Kitty-chan
08-10-2007, 10:42 AM
I need to update my RSVP -- DH has decided to join us, yay! He's not a Disney fan :eek: but can't resist the lure of the ducks. :rotfl:

I'm sending in a check for all three of us to magiroux. Is there anything else I need to do? We'll all three be coming for lunch too.

magiroux
08-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Between cancellations and not being able to get hold of DISers by way of PM's we have just dropped below 20 people. If you were thinking about joining up on the Duck Tour part of the meet and have not signed up yet, we have available space.

I will keep everyone posted as to what is going on!!!!

yearbook50
08-18-2007, 07:26 PM
Between cancellations and not being able to get hold of DISers by way of PM's we have just dropped below 20 people. If you were thinking about joining up on the Duck Tour part of the meet and have not signed up yet, we have available space.

I will keep everyone posted as to what is going on!!!!

I sent my check on wednesday!

magiroux
08-18-2007, 08:26 PM
I sent my check on wednesday!

Yep, got it, Melissa. Thanks :thumbsup2 . I am not cashing anything yet - not until I know we can keep the group rate.

CamColt
08-19-2007, 11:11 AM
How many do we have?

Did that stiff, Jerry not send in his check?

kaytieeldr
08-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Well, I just stopped by to point out that I would have sent my check already... if this meet's dates weren't selected with the sole intention of excluding me...

goofy4tink
08-19-2007, 04:41 PM
It seems that Jerry is planning on hiding out in my bag!!! Cheapie that he is.
Anyway...I'm back from WDW but not at all rested. Looking forward to the duck tour!! And of course, Fire and Ice!!

newholidayx2
08-19-2007, 06:06 PM
anyone find room in their car for one? central MA area

yearbook50
08-19-2007, 06:16 PM

I do as long as there is parking near Fire & Ice

magiroux
08-19-2007, 10:10 PM

I have room (since Di seems to have a chauffer now):lmao: .

You are welcome to join us, Barb

magiroux
08-19-2007, 10:13 PM
How many do we have?

Did that stiff, Jerry not send in his check?

We have 19 confirmed and paid for. I will have DD bring a friend if I have to, although it is going to be an expensive day and would rather not spend the extra $40+ if it can be avoided. My reservation is for 23 persons which I will have to adjust by the 23rd.

magiroux
08-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Well, I just stopped by to point out that I would have sent my check already... if this meet's dates weren't selected with the sole intention of excluding me...

.....donations will be happily accepted :hug:

magiroux
08-19-2007, 10:28 PM
I do as long as there is parking near Fire & Ice

There is a parking garage around the corner. However, since it is Sunday the chances of you finding a parking space (for free) right near the restaurant could be very good, especially that early on Sunday.

yearbook50
08-20-2007, 06:45 AM
There is a parking garage around the corner. However, since it is Sunday the chances of you finding a parking space (for free) right near the restaurant could be very good, especially that early on Sunday.

Yay thats good

newholidayx2
08-20-2007, 06:59 AM
thanks for the offer Melissa

MaryAnn - I sent you a PM and thank you

so you can add one more to the count

Hygiene99
08-22-2007, 07:08 PM

http://www.cruisetoberfest.com/phpBB2/images/avatars//15727902843d9189730a8f.gif
Should be plenty of Parking on the street... We always find a Spot..:)

Sorry, would LOVE to do this but ......

I have to work...... ;) :woohoo:

7 days a week until November....:scared: :hourglass

No more big dig!
this
http://www.gloucestertimes.com/punews/local_story_152115733

But i am meeting lots of nice people... :rotfl2:
Peter

Think I will do a virtual duck tour for others :rotfl2:

Starting at the MOS (http://www.mos.org/)... the other start location.

As we leave the MOS, soon cross over a bridge, this is the bridge that every 4th of july causes a nightmare with traffic, as people head up the Charles river to the half shell/the Esplanade (http://www.july4th.org/), for the Boston fireworks.
Soon entering an area also known as ]Leveritt Circle (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1048920397037405927oUqbAm)This is a before look at the area, You will soon see the New area on your real Tour...
All i can say is this Area came out Really nice, part of the Big Dig..

The person responsible for this part of the Project (me) took alot of pride in the work done here.
Right Karen!
it was also one Warm morning, I sparked up a conversation with a person with a Kewl Disney Jacket on, on her way walking to work... and asked her if she knew of the boards.. She Did...
on with the tour, after heading thru the Circle, we are now headed down Martha Road.
this is where our little tour is going to end for this evening!

magiroux
08-23-2007, 07:53 AM
Ugh, Peter - 7 days a week until November? You are going to need a really long vacation after that :goodvibes . Wish you and Jenn could join us, maybe next time. I'll make you mushrooms :thumbsup2

Just wanted to let everyone know I made payment this AM for 20 people and we are all set. I can add persons to the Duck Tour until Sept 9th, so if anyone wants to join in, but hasn't already, there is still time. PM me if you are interested.

Now, to work on the Fire & Ice Portion.......

Is everyone that is attending Duck Tours also going to do the Fire & Ice Brunch? Please let me know so that I may make a reservation - Thanks!!!

Kitty-chan
08-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Yup, count us three in for brunch too! :)

yearbook50
08-23-2007, 10:16 AM

Is everyone that is attending Duck Tours also going to do the Fire & Ice Brunch? Please let me know so that I may make a reservation - Thanks!!!

I'll be at the Fire and Ice Portion.

I went there on Tuesday meeting someone from another board I'm on...so yummy! Especially the pomegranate martini.

allshookup
08-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Count four more of us in for brunch too! We've never been to Fire & Ice, but DH & I have been talking about trying it for a few years & now we finally get the chance! :woohoo:

Thanks for all your work on this Mary Ann!!! :thumbsup2

goofy4tink
08-24-2007, 07:56 AM
Hey Mary Ann...count on all three of us for Fire and Ice...yum, pomegranate martini's...gonna have to give them a try.

Hey, just had a thought......it may be a good time for 'paperplate Karen'!!!!!! Payback is such a 'you know what'!!!

magiroux
08-24-2007, 07:39 PM
Hey Mary Ann...count on all three of us for Fire and Ice...yum, pomegranate martini's...gonna have to give them a try.

Hey, just had a thought......it may be a good time for 'paperplate Karen'!!!!!! Payback is such a 'you know what'!!!

After what she did to WM (tortilla) Kathy.......

you betcha :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

BTW, who's bring the camera??????

kaytieeldr
08-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Oh, I will! I will!!! Of course, I won't be bringing it to this meet, but...

goofy4tink
08-25-2007, 08:48 AM
After what she did to WM (tortilla) Kathy.......

you betcha :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Well, I'll have my camera with me, but I have no idea how to get them from my camera to the internet...so I won't be much help. Of course I could email them to someone more savy than I and they could post them!

yearbook50
08-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Well, I'll have my camera with me, but I have no idea how to get them from my camera to the internet...so I won't be much help. Of course I could email them to someone more savy than I and they could post them!

imageshack.com

its how i get all mine posted.

newholidayx2
08-26-2007, 08:50 AM
whats the details for this DISmeet?
brunch cost? includes what?
when/where is the duck tour? cost?
thanks everyone - just a few more weeks

CamColt
08-26-2007, 12:19 PM

Sorry, I'm just seeing this now. Are there other kids going to F&I? If so all 4 of us will be there.

Hygiene99
08-27-2007, 03:46 PM
Ugh, Peter - 7 days a week until November? You are going to need a really long vacation after that :goodvibes . Wish you and Jenn could join us, maybe next time. I'll make you mushrooms :thumbsup2

NOW
DECEMBER XX, 2007 :woohoo:

Seems, we have run into to a bit of a set back.. :)

Thank you, for the Mushroom offer!!!!!!!!

They are the best!!!!!

magiroux
08-27-2007, 07:24 PM
whats the details for this DISmeet?
brunch cost? includes what?
when/where is the duck tour? cost?
thanks everyone - just a few more weeks

Questions, questions, questions :goodvibes :goodvibes

Details & costs of the Duck Tour/F&I Brunch DIS Meet can be found on post #1.

Duck Tour is $24.15 I believe I PM'd you my address already - Did you get that???? Are we still riding together??????

More info can be found at http://www.bostonducktours.com/ I am not going to give too much away about the tour. I will only say it is a hoot for ALL ages and you learn a little history along the way from some very colorful conDUCKtors. Just pratice your quacking, OK :rotfl:

Brunch is $13.95 and the info on what is included can be found here http://www.fire-ice.com/locations/boston.html (click the "printable menu" for the details)

magiroux
08-27-2007, 07:29 PM
Sorry, I'm just seeing this now. Are there other kids going to F&I? If so all 4 of us will be there.

Yes - my DD, Julia - kittychan's DS (10, I think) - goofy4tink's DD, allshookup's DD & DS, so yes, there will be quite a few kids :thumbsup2

...and I know my DD will want to sit as far away from the 'ole parents as possible ;)

yearbook50
08-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Brunch is $13.95 and the info on what is included can be found here http://www.fire-ice.com/locations/boston.html (click the "printable menu" for the details)

So, who's up for sharing an IceBowl? :rolleyes1

newholidayx2
08-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the links MaryAnn
and yes I would still appreciate the ride
If its ok I'll drive up to your house and leave my car?
What time should I plan on arriving?
only about 4 more weeks now - cant wait :banana:

magiroux
08-27-2007, 08:55 PM
So, who's up for sharing an IceBowl? :rolleyes1

I think that "shared" in Shared Libations is just a suggestion :rotfl: :rotfl:

magiroux
08-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the links MaryAnn
and yes I would still appreciate the ride
If its ok I'll drive up to your house and leave my car?
What time should I plan on arriving?
only about 4 more weeks now - cant wait :banana:

Sure, no problem. I'll PM directions. I will be looking to leave 9:30-9:45

yearbook50
08-27-2007, 09:05 PM

Haha...

I once had an entire bucket from the Boynton that I 'shared' with my fiance. I think I was good for the night! And the Sole Bowls from the Sole Proprietor.

At least it would make for an interesting Duck Tour..

allshookup
08-28-2007, 12:52 PM

I wonder if they'll just give me a straw for my pitcher of Sangria? :confused3 :laughing:

magiroux
08-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Haha...

I once had an entire bucket from the Boynton that I 'shared' with my fiance. I think I was good for the night! And the Sole Bowls from the Sole Proprietor.

At least it would make for an interesting Duck Tour..

I wonder if they'll just give me a straw for my pitcher of Sangria? :confused3 :laughing:

Now aren't we just going to be a classy bunch of DISers invading Boston Proper :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Don't worry, they won't even notice you after they see how I guzzle 'em down :rolleyes1

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid223/p8d00304589f30848302a758e8749d3f4/eb1030f6.jpg

magiroux
08-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Just wanted to pass on the ressie is confirmed for 21 people for 10:30AM on the 23rd. :woohoo:

I can add more (or cancel :sad1: ) right up to the last minute for the Brunch part, so there is plenty of room if anyone else is thinking of joining

goofy4tink
08-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Yummy, I love brunch at Fire and Ice!!! So looking forward to this. And we all know how paperplate Mary Ann is...obviously from that photo, she's no lightweight!!!

newholidayx2
08-29-2007, 05:17 AM
just wondering
how long did we put aside for the brunch? what time is the duck tour?
I really am looking forward to this

Mary Ann - I did print out your address and will mapquest once the date gets closer - thanks much

gotta remember to bring back my autograph book - I know I didnt bring it to Canobie

Who has WDW trips coming up? maybe we can discuss plans, etc. Anyone recently back? Id love to hear about your trips

yearbook50
08-29-2007, 05:47 AM
Who has WDW trips coming up? maybe we can discuss plans, etc. Anyone recently back? Id love to hear about your trips

I'm going Oct 12 - Oct 21, part with each individual parent, part solo. Very excited. I have 6 F&W events booked. Most of my trip just involves Epcot and its yummyness. I think on my solo days I'm not even going to be solo for most of it but thats ok.

goofy4tink
08-29-2007, 05:52 AM
I just got back from Aug 5-10 at BWV, then 4 night cruise. Going back for MouseFest on Dec 6-12, then back yet again with my 32 y/o dd, who has never, ever been to WDW...May 2-8 for Flower and Garden Fest. Yippee!!!

magiroux
08-29-2007, 12:54 PM
just wondering
how long did we put aside for the brunch? what time is the duck tour?
I really am looking forward to this

Mary Ann - I did print out your address and will mapquest once the date gets closer - thanks much

gotta remember to bring back my autograph book - I know I didnt bring it to Canobie

The Duck Tour is at 2PM - you need to be there at least 30 minutes before. Brunch is at 10:30 - by the time we meet, get seated & settled I figure it would be pretty close to 11AM, We need to be out of there by 1PM. I will map it beforehand, but it is my understanding it is only a short walk to the Prudential where the Duck TOur leaves from. That leaves us 2 hours to brunch. I thought that would be enough time, no:confused3 . Oh, I didn't notice it listed, but the brunch also serves pancakes.

I'm going Oct 12 - Oct 21, part with each individual parent, part solo. Very excited. I have 6 F&W events booked. Most of my trip just involves Epcot and its yummyness. I think on my solo days I'm not even going to be solo for most of it but thats ok.

I went to F&W once not understanding how popular it was. There werejust these super long lines everywhere for everything. Next time I will have a better stradegy

I just got back from Aug 5-10 at BWV, then 4 night cruise. Going back for MouseFest on Dec 6-12, then back yet again with my 32 y/o dd, who has never, ever been to WDW...May 2-8 for Flower and Garden Fest. Yippee!!!

I can't believe a DD of yours has never been to WDW:goodvibes

yearbook50
08-29-2007, 01:33 PM
I went to F&W once not understanding how popular it was. There werejust these super long lines everywhere for everything. Next time I will have a better stradegy

I think 2 hours should be more than enough time to eat. Pancakes! I was hoping they would have those.

When I'm grazing around the world - I'll start right when it opens for the more popular venues because of that fact. I will not graze too much in the evening because of how crazy busy it gets. This is my 6th or 7th F&W festival - except this is the first time I've actually be able to partake in the second part of the name.

kaytieeldr
08-29-2007, 03:27 PM
I am not going to give too much away about the tour. I will only say it is a hoot for ALL ages Actually, it’s a quack for all ages.

Who has WDW trips coming up? maybe we can discuss plans, etc Well, I do but you won’t be able to discuss it with me… everybody voted against me on scheduling this meet :( I’m not being obstinate – just, about the time you start eating, I’ll be boarding Magical Express.

I can't believe a DD of yours has never been to WDW I can’t believe she’s got a daughter almost as old as she is!

goofy4tink
08-29-2007, 04:27 PM
You know...I'm thinking Ronda may need some help on this trip. So, rather than indulge my love of Fire and Ice, and share the good times, quacking away, with my DIS buddies, I think I may just have to go with her to WDW!!!
If you could only see the grey hairs...I've earned every single one of them..mostly by that WDW newbie DD...her older brother gave me some, but she is the reason for the most part!!!!!

ImprovGal
08-29-2007, 05:03 PM

Here's my recent/upcoming Disney travel list:

June/July -- DLP followed by 10 night Disney Magic Med Cruise

Labor Day Weekend -- WDW

9/27-10/1, 10/11-10/15, 10/31-11/4 -- 3 weekends of Epcot Food & Wine

12/19-12/25 -- solo trip for holiday season at WDW

Whew!

kaytieeldr
08-29-2007, 07:17 PM
You know...I'm thinking Ronda may need some help on this trip. So, rather than indulge my love of Fire and Ice, and share the good times, quacking away, with my DIS buddies, I think I may just have to go with her to WDW!!! Not a problem. You just need to pay for your airfare, your eight day park hopper, and of COURSE your space on the Duck Tour because you promised to go :)

goofy4tink
08-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Not a problem. You just need to pay for your airfare, your eight day park hopper, and of COURSE your space on the Duck Tour because you promised to go :)

Looks like it's just airfare then..have my AP in hand, already paid for the Duck Tour!!! Gotcha!

kaytieeldr
08-30-2007, 07:31 AM
Come on down! You just need to let me know in advance - I requested a king bed, and while I like you, I don't know you THAT well. I'll cancel that request!

allshookup
08-30-2007, 02:34 PM
We were at BWV 8/6-8/17 & we are going to be at SSR 11/1-11/6. Taking the kids out of school for a couple of days. :rolleyes1 We will be attending MNSSHP on 11/2 & we plan to spend the weekend sampling food from the F&W booths. This will be our first time attending both events so I'm really looking forward to this trip. I just hope it isn't too crowded. :confused:

goofy4tink
08-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Come on down! You just need to let me know in advance - I requested a king bed, and while I like you, I don't know you THAT well. I'll cancel that request!
:scared1: Ah, I think I'll stay here!! I just love quacking at strangers!!!!!

We were at BWV 8/6-8/17 & we are going to be at SSR 11/1-11/6. Taking the kids out of school for a couple of days. :rolleyes1 We will be attending MNSSHP on 11/2 & we plan to spend the weekend sampling food from the F&W booths. This will be our first time attending both events so I'm really looking forward to this trip. I just hope it isn't too crowded. :confused:
Wish I had known...we were there from 8/5-10 before our first cruise. Would have been nice getting together.

allshookup
08-30-2007, 06:55 PM
:scared1: Ah, I think I'll stay here!! I just love quacking at strangers!!!!!

Wish I had known...we were there from 8/5-10 before our first cruise. Would have been nice getting together.

Thanks Di! It would've been nice seeing you too! I'm surprised we didn't run into each other at the pool or something! :confused: We became really good friends with the bartenders Lynda, Mike & Ty at Leaping Libations! :laughing:

yearbook50
08-31-2007, 12:54 PM
Just in case anyone wants to join us, Barb (newholidayx2) and I are going to the Nashoba Valley Harvest Festival on Sept 8th from 12 to 5.

Free wine tastings inside their shop - or a winery tour for $3.

Harvest Festival
"Our most popular fall festival celebration featuring special family fun side shows and walk-around entertainment. Our annual Harvest Festival is the kick off event to our apple picking season with a return engagement from The McMurphy band as well as magic by Steve Charette, balloon sculpting and juggling shows and entertainment by Jugglin John. Hay Rides for the kids. Enjoy the barbecue, old fashioned ice cream truck and the best apple picking in the area. Voted "Best Place to Pick Apples". "
http://www.nashobawinery.com

More details to come.

newholidayx2
08-31-2007, 03:04 PM
thanks for posting Melissa - the boss finally left for the day! yippee

I figure I need to learn which wines I enjoy and which I dont. Gonna be drinking wine & champagne for 3/4 days at the Food & Wine festival in Nov

magiroux
09-01-2007, 08:43 AM
Just in case anyone wants to join us, Barb (newholidayx2) and I are going to the Nashoba Valley Harvest Festival on Sept 8th from 12 to 5.

Free wine tastings inside their shop - or a winery tour for $3.

Harvest Festival

http://www.nashobawinery.com

More details to come.

I looked at it on-line and the festival looks like so much fun. I will let you know by Friday - is that OK? Nashoba has an awesome Sunday Brunch, but I really don't care for their wines :duck:

newholidayx2
09-01-2007, 09:09 AM
Ahhh quick please!
what is the amount for the duck tour check and where do we send it? I honestly missed that part of this thread! Id like it to go out in the mail today - Im sorry

goofy4tink
09-01-2007, 02:46 PM
I looked at it on-line and the festival looks like so much fun. I will let you know by Friday - is that OK? Nashoba has an awesome Sunday Brunch, but I really don't care for their wines :duck:

May have to check my calender for that. I'll let you know if it's a go. Kate will have rehearsal, but I may be able to get away. Sounds like fun.

CamColt
09-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Ive missed a lot again. Yikes!

Ok, I cannot seem to find the link to printable menu that you mentioned. :confused3 What am I missing? Banana chocolate chip pancakes...yummy! :thumbsup2

We went to WDW in July (4 nights PC/3 nights CR tower MK view) and as you can see from my countdowns I have the Disney hat trick coming up in the next year...WDW in Dec, DL in Feb, and DCL in July. :cool1: Looking forward to the Jellyrolls meet in Dec!

magiroux
09-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Ive missed a lot again. Yikes!

Ok, I cannot seem to find the link to printable menu that you mentioned. :confused3 What am I missing? Banana chocolate chip pancakes...yummy! :thumbsup2

We went to WDW in July (4 nights PC/3 nights CR tower MK view) and as you can see from my countdowns I have the Disney hat trick coming up in the next year...WDW in Dec, DL in Feb, and DCL in July. :cool1: Looking forward to the Jellyrolls meet in Dec!

Hmmmm, it looks like they have removed it since I first posted the link. I wonder what's up with that - price increase coming maybe :confused3

CamColt
09-04-2007, 09:53 AM
LOL! Ok, at least I'm not crazy...or at least not in this matter. :rotfl:

newholidayx2
09-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Sat Sept 8 - Nashoba Valley - meet time?
Melissa, MaryAnn, Di (and whoever else can make it) what time would you like to plan to meet up at Nashoba? Harvest Fest is 12-5. Im busy in the morn but open rest of day

magiroux
09-04-2007, 01:09 PM
Sat Sept 8 - Nashoba Valley - meet time?
Melissa, MaryAnn, Di (and whoever else can make it) what time would you like to plan to meet up at Nashoba? Harvest Fest is 12-5. Im busy in the morn but open rest of day

I am a definate..."maybe". Sorry to be so non-commital, but I have a few things going on this week that may or may not ruin any weekend plans. I won't know until Friday.

If I *can* make it I will be free all day so whatever time will be fine with me.

yearbook50
09-04-2007, 01:17 PM
I'll prolly get there around noon.

newholidayx2
09-04-2007, 02:34 PM
so Melissa how will we know its you? I'll have some type limegreen thingy with me, k?
do you know the place?
meet in front of the wine tasting area noontimeish?

yearbook50
09-04-2007, 03:56 PM
so Melissa how will we know its you? I'll have some type limegreen thingy with me, k?
do you know the place?
meet in front of the wine tasting area noontimeish?

I'll be the young looking bigger blonde wearing jeans, a disney tee, and carrying a black disney purse bag with a bit of lime green tied to it.

magiroux
09-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Sorry Melissa & Barb....

Looks like I can't make it after all. It looked like such a blast and I'm sorry I have to miss it. BTW, you should wear the least amount of clothing as possible - they say it's gonna be a HOT one!!!!

Have fun and if you take pitcures, we'd love you to share them.

newholidayx2
09-08-2007, 04:58 AM
Melissa - see you at noontime

MaryAnn - sorry you cane make it. 2 more wks till the ducks!

yearbook50
09-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Barb - It was fun this afternoon! I'm glad you enjoyed most of the wines we tasted. I hope this afternoon works out for you!

newholidayx2
09-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Melissa - it was nice meeting you this afternoon. This afternoon worked out very well. Not only did I go to the tat place to discuss putting Tinkerbell on the back of my left shoulder but she is now in residence! Friend and her daughter met me there, we spoke w/the owner and he put her on right then and there. Changed her chin a little, made her dress limegreen and added pixie dust.
We then went to an outdoor restaurant for a drink, ended up talking to the group next to us and went for a motorcycle ride!
2 more things off my "before I turn 50" to do list!

yearbook50
09-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Wow! Congrats! Just make sure you keep good care of it the next couple days so that you dont bleed out a bit of the color! Like...don't wear a white shirt over it because it will bleed out on your clothes tomorrow (not that I don't know this from experience or anything :rolleyes1 my poor white skirt)

goofy4tink
09-09-2007, 06:21 AM
Melissa - it was nice meeting you this afternoon. This afternoon worked out very well. Not only did I go to the tat place to discuss putting Tinkerbell on the back of my left shoulder but she is now in residence! Friend and her daughter met me there, we spoke w/the owner and he put her on right then and there. Changed her chin a little, made her dress limegreen and added pixie dust.
We then went to an outdoor restaurant for a drink, ended up talking to the group next to us and went for a motorcycle ride!
2 more things off my "before I turn 50" to do list!

Oh dear God!!! I think it's a good thing things didn't work out for me yesterday and I had to miss seeing you guys!!! Sure, I spent a ton of money on new family room furniture, but at least I won't 'bleed on my clothes'...Way to go Barb..sounds like you had an interesting day. Can't wait to see the new adornment in a few weeks!!!

newholidayx2
09-09-2007, 06:29 AM
OMG! the more my DH & I look at her the more she looks like she's holding either a whip or a mace! yikes
Suppose to be a trail of pixie dust coming out of her hand instead it looks like a whip w/a red ball attached! OMG
My Tink is tough! Noones gonna mess with her!

newholidayx2
09-09-2007, 06:47 AM
just wondering if anyone plans on going to Wachusetts Applefests in Oct?

Kitty-chan
09-09-2007, 07:12 AM
OMG! the more my DH & I look at her the more she looks like she's holding either a whip or a mace! yikes
Suppose to be a trail of pixie dust coming out of her hand instead it looks like a whip w/a red ball attached! OMG
My Tink is tough! Noones gonna mess with her!

Excellent!! This makes me want to run right out and get some fresh ink myself, maybe Tink with a big ol katana? I can imagine a whole new line of tattoo flash, all images of a well-armed Tink. :idea:

I wouldn't worry too much right now. You might already know this if you have other tattoos, but any new tattoo looks awfully red and swollen for the first couple days. And any reputable artist will do touch-up for you later if you don't like how it turned out.

goofy4tink
09-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Everyone getting ready to meet and greet in a few weeks?

Kitty-chan
09-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Everyone getting ready to meet and greet in a few weeks?

Yes. I am even planning to make a duck costume for my Pal Mickey, because I am a geek!

I made him a pirate costume for the PPP last month, and now he just doesn't want to go anywhere without a festive outfit.

yearbook50
09-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Yes. I am even planning to make a duck costume for my Pal Mickey, because I am a geek!

I made him a pirate costume for the PPP last month, and now he just doesn't want to go anywhere without a festive outfit.

Wait...

Did I miss the memo...

we're bringing our mickey's?

magiroux
09-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Yes I AM!!! (where is that smilie that does back flips over and over)

I could use a day of filled with DIS Talk, laughter and quacking right about now :goodvibes .

...and just for you, Barb

http://www.stingraybodyart.com/

Allston's on the way home - perhaps Tink could use some, ummm, touch up :rolleyes1

magiroux
09-12-2007, 06:39 PM

Very Cool :thumbsup2

Kitty-chan
09-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Wait...

Did I miss the memo...

Well, I'm bringing mine at least . . . Dan and Eric (from one of my favorite podcasts) threatened to kidnap him on last week's show, and now he doesn't like to be left home alone. :rotfl:

I'm sure he'd enjoy company if anybody else wants to bring theirs.

newholidayx2
09-12-2007, 07:17 PM
lol Mary Ann

I dont have a Pal Mickey but I do have a Celtic Pluto

goofy4tink
09-13-2007, 07:10 AM
Wait...

Did I miss the memo...

Oh dear god!!! Can't you just see it now...all those Pal Mickeys??!! Too funny.

Yes I AM!!! (where is that smilie that does back flips over and over)

I could use a day of filled with DIS Talk, laughter and quacking right about now :goodvibes .

...and just for you, Barb

http://www.stingraybodyart.com/

Allston's on the way home - perhaps Tink could use some, ummm, touch up :rolleyes1

Ah...I am so NOT going to Allston on the way home. Thank heaven I have to head to Quincy to see my dad...phew.:scared1:

CamColt
09-13-2007, 08:55 AM

Hysterical! I love it! :lmao: I cant wait to see him. :thumbsup2

newholidayx2
09-14-2007, 01:59 PM
has anyone done the 10 day forecast for the 23rd yet? (yes I do realize its 9days away)

goofy4tink
09-14-2007, 02:58 PM
has anyone done the 10 day forecast for the 23rd yet? (yes I do realize its 9days away)

Nope, I figure it will say...'chance of rain 90%, temps in the 40's, with a chance of snow'...that's about how my luck is running lately!! I figure it will be what it is..I'm going rain, shine, or snow!!!

allshookup
09-14-2007, 04:15 PM
The weather channel forcasts it to be sunny & 75! Keep your fingers crossed! :dance3:

CamColt
09-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Nope, I figure it will say...'chance of rain 90%, temps in the 40's, with a chance of snow'...that's about how my luck is running lately!! I figure it will be what it is..I'm going rain, shine, or snow!!!

ROFL! But that would be good...you know it will change drastically from whatever it is at this time. ;)

ImprovGal
09-14-2007, 09:52 PM
I'll be at a couple of the events tomorrow for a food & wine warmup for Epcot. <G> Anyone else?

CamColt
09-16-2007, 06:50 PM
1 week and counting. :cool1:

I think I am going to stop eating now so I can have some of EVERYTHING at brunch. That was so good last time! :thumbsup2

CamColt
09-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Here's the latest and greatest from our Duck Tour leader Mary Ann......

Updated attendance

goofy4tink (3)
magiroux (4)
jerry!! (1)**
camcolt (4)
yearbook50 (1)
kittychan (3)
Improvgal (1)**
allshookup (4)
jonestavern (2) maybe 3
newholidayx2

** - attending brunch only

Is there someone missing from this list??? Or did she decide to take a dive? ;)

goofy4tink
09-17-2007, 08:26 AM
Is there someone missing from this list??? Or did she decide to take a dive? ;)
Ah yes, the infamous 'dive'!!! Evidently Miss Karen may have to work that weekend, so asked for her name to be taken off the attendee listing. We're still hoping she'll be able to make it at the last minute...even just to Fire and Ice...all know how she loves it there!!!
I can't wait for those chocolate chip/banana pancakes!!!!!

CamColt
09-17-2007, 10:28 AM
KAREN!!!! :eek: You can't miss a Boston Dis meet. That's just not right. :sad2:

Hope you can work something out.

newholidayx2
09-18-2007, 02:13 PM
ok once again
whats the time schedule for sunday?
fire and ice from ?
what time are the ducks?

and whats good to eat at fire & ice thats also good for a "diet"?
Mimosas?

CamColt
09-18-2007, 03:47 PM
and whats good to eat at fire & ice thats also good for a "diet"?
Mimosas?

Diet? At F&I???:rotfl2: ;)

Not good for a diet, but I can vouch for the pancakes with bananas and chocolate chips. I'm sure Diane will too. :thumbsup2

I guess bananas are healthy. ;)

yearbook50
09-18-2007, 03:51 PM

Not good for a diet, but I can vouch for the pancakes with bananas and cholcoate chips. I'm sure Diane will too. :thumbsup2

So pancakes with bananas and a ice bowl
Great sunday breakfast :D

magiroux
09-18-2007, 04:29 PM
KAREN!!!! :eek: You can't miss a Boston Dis meet. That's just not right. :sad2:

Hope you can work something out.

I agree - HRH will be missed :worship: :worship: :worship: . We will have to shout out a couple of WooHoo's (or quack, quacks) in her honor

magiroux
09-18-2007, 04:42 PM
The weather looks pitcure perfect for Sunday :cool1: :cool1:

We are meeting at F&I at 10:30AM and need to be at the Prudential Center by 1:30 (at the latest) for the 2pm Duck Tour. According to the reservation man at F&I, this should be plenty of time.

I don't think there is much in the way of "diet items" at F&I, or is it that I have never bothered to look for them? :scratchin :lmao: :lmao:

All together now..."QUACK, QUACK"!!!!

magiroux
09-18-2007, 04:43 PM
I'll be at a couple of the events tomorrow for a food & wine warmup for Epcot. <G> Anyone else?

How was this??? Foxwoods is such a fun place.

goofy4tink
09-18-2007, 05:13 PM

Not good for a diet, but I can vouch for the pancakes with bananas and chocolate chips. I'm sure Diane will too. :thumbsup2

I guess bananas are healthy. ;)

Oh yum!! I was just explaining about the choc chip/banana pancakes to my Katie today!!! Have to have breakfast first, then I can move on to the more substantial offerings.
The weather does, indeed, look wonderful. Can't wait to see everyone!!!
Quack, quack, quack!!!:donald:

ImprovGal
09-18-2007, 10:13 PM
How was this??? Foxwoods is such a fun place.

It was great! I went to the grand tasting in the afternoon and then the Masquerade event at night. Lots of great food, a few good drinks (in the afternoon anyway; had to stop in plenty of time for the drive home at night). I got to see demos by Dave Lieberman (my new chef crush, i think) and Masaharu Morimoto. Plus, I got to chat briefly with a couple of chefs who will be at Epcot F&WF when I'm there. (Attention chocoholics! Andrew Shotts from Garrison Confections will be doing a demo on Thurs Nov. 1 and also the Party for the Senses on Nov 3.)

newholidayx2
09-19-2007, 05:32 AM
anyone going to the Union Station wine event Oct 27? I'll be there

magiroux
09-19-2007, 06:35 AM
It was great! I went to the grand tasting in the afternoon and then the Masquerade event at night. Lots of great food, a few good drinks (in the afternoon anyway; had to stop in plenty of time for the drive home at night). I got to see demos by Dave Lieberman (my new chef crush, i think) and Masaharu Morimoto. Plus, I got to chat briefly with a couple of chefs who will be at Epcot F&WF when I'm there. (Attention chocoholics! Andrew Shotts from Garrison Confections will be doing a demo on Thurs Nov. 1 and also the Party for the Senses on Nov 3.)

Wow, sounds like it was a great time. I take it you are really into good food - me too. I used to love the steak restaurant that was/is at Foxwoods. I still dream of their Layonaise Potaotes. I was nine months pregnant w/DD when I ate there last and I ate so much I thought I was going to burst open :rotfl:

magiroux
09-19-2007, 06:42 AM
Just some more info on the meet that I should have included in my previous post

Fire & Ice address is 205 Berkley St - Boston. Here is the website that has a link to Mapquest for directions http://www.fire-ice.com/locations/boston.html .

Duck Tours is at the Prudential Center (rear, I think), but it is just a short "waddle" from the restaurant so we could just all head over together from the restaurant.

CamColt
09-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Oh yum!! I was just explaining about the choc chip/banana pancakes to my Katie today!!! Have to have breakfast first, then I can move on to the more substantial offerings.
The weather does, indeed, look wonderful. Can't wait to see everyone!!!
Quack, quack, quack!!!:donald:

I was telling the boys too. ;) Cam wants bagles. I tried explaining this isnt a breakfast buffet, but hes not getting it. :rolleyes: Do you remember some of the other foods? Those pancakes are sticking out in my mind and I can't remember anything else. :rolleyes1

quack quack quack....

CamColt
09-19-2007, 09:43 AM
So pancakes with bananas and a ice bowl
Great sunday breakfast :D

What is an ice bowl?

goofy4tink
09-19-2007, 10:07 AM
What is an ice bowl?

Oh, I think it might be along the 'buckets of booze' line!!!!!
And, looks like HRRH may be at brunch after all!!!:dance3:

CamColt
09-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Oh, I think it might be along the 'buckets of booze' line!!!!!
And, looks like HRRH may be at brunch after all!!!:dance3:

Woohoo!!! On both accounts. :cool1:

Do I see a repeat in the works???
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid195/p05b054ad5b1c9270a6ee8bab1e5e3c03/f1295d4c.jpg

goofy4tink
09-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Woohoo!!! On both accounts. :cool1:

Do I see a repeat in the works???
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid195/p05b054ad5b1c9270a6ee8bab1e5e3c03/f1295d4c.jpg

Yep, there we are...esteemed moderators...:dance3: great example we are!!!!

newholidayx2
09-19-2007, 12:06 PM
names names we need names please

CamColt
09-19-2007, 01:08 PM
names names we need names please

Lets see....Mary, Susie, and Jane. Yep, thats it. :rolleyes1

Hedy
09-19-2007, 01:28 PM
I always miss Boston meets. :(

goofy4tink
09-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Lets see....Mary, Susie, and Jane. Yep, thats it. :rolleyes1

Yeah, that's the ticket!!!!! Knew I liked you!!! Look at that Susie...she just can't keep up with the big time drinkers...what a sissy!!!!:rolleyes1

goofy4tink
09-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Hey everyone....the weather looks to be absolutely terrific for Sunday!! What a great time to be in the big city!!! See you all at Fire and Ice!!!!

CamColt
09-20-2007, 09:19 AM
Susie the sissy! :lmao:

I have a couple duck questions.

Does anyone know how long the tour lasts? Does it take breaks or just drive straight through.

I was on their site while trying to find that and I saw it mentioned a gratuity not included in the cost of a charter. MaryAnn do we owe you this? Or do we pay individually there? Somthing else??? :confused3

goofy4tink
09-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Susie says......there are no breaks in the duck tour. I think they last about 90 mins tops, but could be wrong. I hope it's not much longer because we have to hop in the car and head to Quincy right after the duck tour!!
I believe Mary Ann said the gratuities were up to each person. I know I'm planning on giving what I feel is appropriate!

CamColt
09-20-2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks Susie! :thumbsup2

I have the news on right now, they are talking about the next possible hurricane developing...JERRY! Luckily it looks like Jerry won't be coming to this meet. Sunday looks gorgeous!!!!

goofy4tink
09-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Thanks Susie! :thumbsup2

I have the news on right now, they are talking about the next possible hurricane developing...JERRY! Luckily it looks like Jerry won't be coming to this meet. Sunday looks gorgeous!!!!

Yeah, there's a thread over on the TPA board...wants to know if Jerry is going to have any impact....so, I sit there and wonder how Jerry is going to impact WDW if 'he's' with us on Sunday!!!! What an appropriate name for a TS.

magiroux
09-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Hey everyone....the weather looks to be absolutely terrific for Sunday!! What a great time to be in the big city!!! See you all at Fire and Ice!!!!

Couldn't ask for a better day :thumbsup2

Susie the sissy! :lmao:

I have a couple duck questions.

Does anyone know how long the tour lasts? Does it take breaks or just drive straight through.

I was on their site while trying to find that and I saw it mentioned a gratuity not included in the cost of a charter. MaryAnn do we owe you this? Or do we pay individually there? Somthing else??? :confused3

I think it is a little over an hour and no breaks.

Unless you included the gratuity in your check payment I would prefer you tip the conducktor directly.

Susie says......there are no breaks in the duck tour. I think they last about 90 mins tops, but could be wrong. I hope it's not much longer because we have to hop in the car and head to Quincy right after the duck tour!!
I believe Mary Ann said the gratuities were up to each person. I know I'm planning on giving what I feel is appropriate!

Would that be "Boozie Susie"?:duck: :lmao:

Yeah, there's a thread over on the TPA board...wants to know if Jerry is going to have any impact....so, I sit there and wonder how Jerry is going to impact WDW if 'he's' with us on Sunday!!!! What an appropriate name for a TS.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I always miss Boston meets. :(

Sorry you are going to miss it....next time though!!!

goofy4tink
09-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Boozie Susie????? Why, I resent, no, I resemble, no..that's not it!! Boozie Susie...look what CamColt has started!!!

CamColt
09-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Boozie Susie????? Why, I resent, no, I resemble, no..that's not it!! Boozie Susie...look what CamColt has started!!!

:cool:

goofy4tink
09-20-2007, 05:09 PM
:cool:

When are you arriving in WDW in Dec? Why does your counter say 2 months 2 weeks 2 days and mine says 2-2-3??? Thought we were arriving the same day...I even get there before you!

yearbook50
09-20-2007, 05:29 PM
By the way my MQP is going, I"m going to Boozi Meli.

I'm looking forward to this sunday for a nice break.

magiroux
09-20-2007, 08:01 PM

Well, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...........

TeeHee

CamColt
09-21-2007, 05:30 AM
When are you arriving in WDW in Dec? Why does your counter say 2 months 2 weeks 2 days and mine says 2-2-3??? Thought we were arriving the same day...I even get there before you!

The 6th! And yes, you do arrive a few hours before me. Hmmm????

I'm looking at a calendar here...2 months is Nov 21, a Wed...2 weeks from that is is Wed Dec 5 and 1 day is Thurs the 6th. Sounds like you arent aririvng until the 7th. Bummer! :lmao:

newholidayx2
09-21-2007, 05:39 AM
anyone been to Salem? a friend wants to go in Oct
Im thinking of the Pirate museum, witch dungeon, witch history museums, lunch and shopping
Any other ideas? is there a "do not miss"?

Calling in sick Mon so at 5pm today Im off for 3 days! :banana:

finally going furniture shopping tonight - DS15 has been needing a new bed - he's still sleeping on a bunk bed - and getting a new LR loveseat while there too

goofy4tink
09-21-2007, 06:19 AM
The 6th! And yes, you do arrive a few hours before me. Hmmm????

I'm looking at a calendar here...2 months is Nov 21, a Wed...2 weeks from that is is Wed Dec 5 and 1 day is Thurs the 6th. Sounds like you arent aririvng until the 7th. Bummer! :lmao:

Oh man...wait 'till I try to explain to Miss Karen why I'm not on the plane Thursday morning!!!! She is not going to be happy!!!

Well, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...........

TeeHee
And to think this is the best I can do for friends!!!:lmao:

Im thinking of the Pirate museum, witch dungeon, witch history museums, lunch and shopping

finally going furniture shopping tonight - DS15 has been needing a new bed - he's still sleeping on a bunk bed - and getting a new LR loveseat while there too
Stay away from Rottman's.......I went there a few weeks ago, just to see what was there. Yeah, right. Came out thousands of dollars poorer!!! But, I've got a nice new family room sectional coming in 6 weeks!!!

allshookup
09-21-2007, 11:04 AM

We live VERY close to Salem & we're there all the time. Don't miss Pickering Warf. It's right by a Marina with restaurants & gift shops, plus there is an old ship you can tour. The following is the link to Haunted Happenings which goes from Oct. 4th-31st. There is a list of calendar events. Just keep in mind that the traffic & parking can be horrendous this time of year, so go early!

http://www.hauntedhappenings.org/

Minnie&Nana
09-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Darn! As always for the last year, missing home (Cambridge) and so sorry will not be there for this Meet!

You guys are going to have such a great time!!!Be suire to post lots of pictures real soon!!!

magiroux
09-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Looking forward to the meet tomorrow and seeing everyone. We had talked about this kind of meet for a while and I am so glad we were able to pull it off. The weather still looks great (you know the saying about New England ;) ) and all the ressies have been confirmed so we are good to go.

Fire & Ice reservation is for 10:30am and if we could all try to make it there on time, the more time we will have to eat & relax at the restaurant before the Duck Tour.

Bring your appetites and your best quacking impression :cool1:

allshookup
09-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Looking forward to the meet tomorrow and seeing everyone. We had talked about this kind of meet for a while and I am so glad we were able to pull it off. The weather still looks great (you know the saying about New England ;) ) and all the ressies have been confirmed so we are good to go.

Fire & Ice reservation is for 10:30am and if we could all try to make it there on time, the more time we will have to eat & relax at the restaurant before the Duck Tour.

Bring your appetites and your best quacking impression :cool1:

I can't wait! I hear a pitcher of Sangria calling my name! :goodvibes

CamColt
09-22-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm really looking forward to tomorrow...seeing some old friends and meeting some new faces to put to the names. :thumbsup2

QUACK! :donald::duck:

yearbook50
09-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Whose bringing the camera?

I'm debating if I should search for my battery charger or not

newholidayx2
09-22-2007, 09:09 PM
did you find your charger
see you in the morn - i better get to bed soon

oh ya - quack quack - lol

goofy4tink
09-23-2007, 06:46 AM
I always have my camera but I still can't figure out how to post photos...not so technically proficient!!
See you all in a few hours!!! quack!!

TLinden16
09-23-2007, 07:32 AM
Hi all,

Have a great time! This meet just wasn't meant to be for me. First I had to completely cancel because there was a good chance I would have to work. Then I found out I wouldn't have to work so I was going to go to the brunch. But I fell back to sleep and missed the only train that would get me there by 10:30. So, overall, not a good meet for me.

Karen

CamColt
09-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Hi all,

Have a great time! This meet just wasn't meant to be for me. First I had to completely cancel because there was a good chance I would have to work. Then I found out I wouldn't have to work so I was going to go to the brunch. But I fell back to sleep and missed the only train that would get me there by 10:30. So, overall, not a good meet for me.

Karen

I hope it turned out to be a good meet for you, Karen. Im so glad I checked the Dis before we left. It was worth being late for. ;)

I had a such a great time with everyone. It was great seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones. I swear, Boston has the best Disers. We always have awesome meets. Thanks again for all your hard work, MaryAnn

Pics are coming in a minute. Quack Quack Quack!

CamColt
09-23-2007, 04:14 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pa2a5f67f994f6702895b44c99a788c16/e7b09faa.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pc91e26dd9f09d25d222a42707aae04b2/e7b09fac.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p1b9c1d0a5b80d1216b9cd6f0fb7be40b/e7b09fab.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pe2bf3cd99fc5a5a50eaf5a210cbb5baa/e7b09fad.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pc57c6eae32736cf977f7c26c30f75a49/e7b09f72.jpg

Bye, Karen & Alan! :sad1:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p7e484d78027b83dd7bbd2614e67d3203/e7b09f65.jpg

allshookup
09-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the pics! They came out awesome! Except for the lush in the pic with the beautiful two fisted drinker! I look trashed & I barley took a sip of my drink yet! :lmao:

I had a blast & it was great meeting everyone! :thumbsup2

Edited: I took the beautiful ladies name out, because I thought I should ask permission first before saying who is who! Sorry! Just used to our cruise meets thread where if you go to a meet....you can be sure your name & pic will be posted!

yearbook50
09-23-2007, 06:53 PM
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' s Rhonda!

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/3858/p1000096ot4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

CamColt
09-23-2007, 07:38 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pc57c6eae32736cf977f7c26c30f75a49/e7b09f72.jpg

:lmao: :laughing: :rotfl: :rotfl2: I just noticed the guy on the bike....IT'S JERRY!!!!!

goofy4tink
09-24-2007, 04:49 AM
OMG.....love the photos you guys!!! They are so terrific. Thanks Melissa..great Ronda shot. Oh and by the way Miss Ronda, if you get a chance to check this out...a glass was raised to you several times.
It was a lot of fun....dh George said it was fun. Now, that my friends, is the true seal of approval. He has decided that I have found some really nice people on the intenet....go figure.
The kids all looked like they had fun..well, except for Diane's poor ds..hope his head is feeling okay this morning!!!!

TLinden16
09-24-2007, 05:01 AM
It was a lot of fun....dh George said it was fun. Now, that my friends, is the true seal of approval. He has decided that I have found some really nice people on the intenet....go figure.

He's known me, Katie, and Mary Ann for years. He should have realized that long ago. Is George a little slow? ;)

goofy4tink
09-24-2007, 06:00 AM
He's known me, Katie, and Mary Ann for years. He should have realized that long ago. Is George a little slow? ;)

Ah, he has met you and Katie, but not Mary Ann....I think it was Jimmy that gave him the idea that we're lots of fun. He really enjoyed meeting the 'menfolk'!!!

CamColt
09-24-2007, 06:37 AM
Ah, he has met you and Katie, but not Mary Ann....I think it was Jimmy that gave him the idea that we're lots of fun. He really enjoyed meeting the 'menfolk'!!!

After that night at Jake Ivorys, how could he not think we are fun...oh wait...that was the bachelorette party, not us. :lmao:

goofy4tink
09-24-2007, 06:50 AM
After that night at Jake Ivorys, how could he not think we are fun...oh wait...that was the bachelorette party, not us. :lmao:

I'll bet our group was the only group there that night who can actually remember anything that happened that night!! Those young ladies were not looking like they were going to be in great shape the next day...but I guess that's what happens when you play with light sabers all night!!!!!:rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

travelin' tigger
09-24-2007, 07:04 AM
I'll bet our group was the only group there that night who can actually remember anything that happened that night!! Those young ladies were not looking like they were going to be in great shape the next day...but I guess that's what happens when you play with light sabers all night!!!!!:rolleyes1 :rotfl2:
What a show that night!

Anyway, just wanted to chime in that I'm sorry I couldn't get to this meet, but funds have been VERY tight lately. You had a perfect day weather-wise and by the looks of CamColt's photos, everyone had a alot of fun. One of these days I'll get there! :goodvibes

goofy4tink
09-24-2007, 07:13 AM
What a show that night!

Anyway, just wanted to chime in that I'm sorry I couldn't get to this meet, but funds have been VERY tight lately. You had a perfect day weather-wise and by the looks of CamColt's photos, everyone had a alot of fun. One of these days I'll get there! :goodvibes
Hey Barb...I was thinking of you yesterday and wondering how the heck you are. Thanks for stopping by here and saying hello. You would have added to the fun yesterday. It was a great day, great weather, great friends both old and new!!!!

travelin' tigger
09-24-2007, 07:29 AM
Hey Barb...I was thinking of you yesterday and wondering how the heck you are. Thanks for stopping by here and saying hello. You would have added to the fun yesterday. It was a great day, great weather, great friends both old and new!!!!
Believe me, I was thinking of you guys too! Will try to make the next Boston area meet, though!

newholidayx2
09-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Yesterday was fun - thanks everyone
It was nice seeing ole friends again and meeting new
thanks for posting the pictures

Hope all with upcoming trips have a great time!

allshookup
09-24-2007, 02:42 PM
OMG.....love the photos you guys!!! They are so terrific. Thanks Melissa..great Ronda shot. Oh and by the way Miss Ronda, if you get a chance to check this out...a glass was raised to you several times.
The kids all looked like they had fun..well, except for Diane's poor ds..hope his head is feeling okay this morning!!!!

DS never mentioned his ear again, so I suspect he is just fine! :goodvibes

magiroux
09-24-2007, 05:31 PM
It was great seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones. I swear, Boston has the best Disers. We always have awesome meets. Thanks again for all your hard work, MaryAnn

Pics are coming in a minute. Quack Quack Quack!

As always, it was a pleasure to spend time with you and your family :) .

Thanks for the pitcures, they look great.

Thanks for the pics! They came out awesome! Except for the lush in the pic with the beautiful two fisted drinker! I look trashed & I barley took a sip of my drink yet! :lmao:

I had a blast & it was great meeting everyone! :thumbsup2

Edited: I took the beautiful ladies name out, because I thought I should ask permission first before saying who is who! Sorry! Just used to our cruise meets thread where if you go to a meet....you can be sure your name & pic will be posted!

Hey, had to live up to my paper plate, cyber-rep :rotfl: :rotfl:

So glad we had some time to talk trash :goodvibes ;)

Ronda....you look MARVALOUS!!! Although, I think you need a toothpick. :rotfl: :rotfl:

:lmao: :laughing: :rotfl: :rotfl2: I just noticed the guy on the bike....IT'S JERRY!!!!!

There is no bike rider in my copy of the pitcure (that Jerry is tricky, isn't he), and Melissa is not hiding :thumbsup2

Well, unless you have a "New George" I met him at the first CLP Meet. Guess I must have made quite an impression :rolleyes1

Believe me, I was thinking of you guys too! Will try to make the next Boston area meet, though!

Sorry you couldn't make it, definately next time. Are you going to JellyRolls in December?

DS never mentioned his ear again, so I suspect he is just fine! :goodvibes

What happened??

Just wanted to say my family had an awsome time yesterday. DH always moans when I get him involved with my DIS friends at WDW and on the cruises, but ALWAYS talks about what a great time he had and how nice everyone is. I am so glad we were able to pull it off and really enjoyed meeting new friends and seeing old timers (sorry, Melissa - couldn't resist ;) )

Sooooo, where are we going next??????

TLinden16
09-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Hey, did any of you even notice that you road by me as I walked to try train. Right near where the duck took the turn to ride on the street between the common and the public garden. I even stopped and waited until the duck went by, waving to you. A few people waved but what's wrong with the rest of you? ;)

CamColt
09-24-2007, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE=magiroux;20973971]
[COLOR="magenta"]There is no bike rider in my copy of the pitcure (that Jerry is tricky, isn't he), and Melissa is not hiding :thumbsup2

Ok, am I crazy? First I cant find the menu, now I'm seeing Jerry! :lmao:

In the group shot, outside, on the left of the group (to the right of the green duck), there is a guy in a pink shirt and grey bike shorts on a bike. Someone else tell me you see him???? :scared:

magiroux
09-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Hey, did any of you even notice that you road by me as I walked to try train. Right near where the duck took the turn to ride on the street between the common and the public garden. I even stopped and waited until the duck went by, waving to you. A few people waved but what's wrong with the rest of you? ;)

Well I was stuck on the "inside" of the duck so I could never see the sidewalk...sorry. I certainly would have given the "Royal Wave".

magiroux
09-24-2007, 05:51 PM
[QUOTE=magiroux;20973971]
[COLOR="magenta"]There is no bike rider in my copy of the pitcure (that Jerry is tricky, isn't he), and Melissa is not hiding :thumbsup2

Ok, am I crazy? First I cant find the menu, now I'm seeing Jerry! :lmao:

In the group shot, outside, on the left of the group (to the right of the green duck), there is a guy in a pink shirt and grey bike shorts on a bike. Soemone else tell me you see him???? :scared:

Yep, you're crazy :upsidedow . Seriously, she took several shots and it seems that not everyone has the same copy.

I'll mail you a copy of mine :thumbsup2 .

TLinden16
09-24-2007, 06:31 PM
I think the biker is the one I took with Katie's camera. Different angle.

CamColt
09-24-2007, 06:41 PM
I think the biker is the one I took with Katie's camera. Different angle.

Yes, I was referring to the picture I posted. Thanks Karen...I was really getting worried there. :rotfl2:

CamColt
09-24-2007, 06:45 PM

Oh thats too funny. I missed ya! :(

allshookup
09-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Hey, had to live up to my paper plate, cyber-rep :rotfl: :rotfl:

So glad we had some time to talk trash :goodvibes ;)

Is there any other way to talk? ;)

What happened??

[COLOR="Red"]Cade walked into somebody's elbow! :rolleyes1

Just wanted to say my family had an awsome time yesterday. DH always moans when I get him involved with my DIS friends at WDW and on the cruises, but ALWAYS talks about what a great time he had and how nice everyone is. I am so glad we were able to pull it off and really enjoyed meeting new friends and seeing old timers (sorry, Melissa - couldn't resist ;) )

My DH too! It was really a great time! :thumbsup2

Sooooo, where are we going next??????

How about a two day cruise out of Boston? :laughing:

:goodvibes

goofy4tink
09-25-2007, 05:48 AM
I was over on the other side....couldn't see that side of the street...sorry. You know the royal wave would have come out for you!!!

And as for allshookup's poor ds...see, we were standing around, downstairs at Fire and Ice, waiting for the latenicks....I, as always, was not aware of exactly where my arms were flying about at. Diane's ds just cropped up, I didn't see him standing there, off to my left, and I raised my arm and he took an elbow to the side of his head!! Poor kid...nice way to make him feel welcome, don't you think?? I won't be surprised if he refuses to attend anymore meets. I knew it hurt like heck and I felt so bad for him. But, he was a brave little soldier.

And yes...I did see Jerry. It wouldn't have been an issue. I had him very nicely contained in my backpack. But, Karen just had to open it and let him out!! And what does he do? Goes out and swipes some poor person's bike. Man....you just can't take Jerry anywhere. I am so not responsible for him anymore. Of course, it could have been that he was upset that Karen, his most favorite DISer, wasn't on the tour with us. So, perhaps he was off in search of her. Maybe he found her, walking down the street, waving to her royal subjects!!!!

Kitty-chan
09-25-2007, 07:34 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1330/1437257983_52ef4c5430_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/85488761@N00/1437257983/)

Now, aren't we a good-looking bunch?

goofy4tink
09-25-2007, 08:20 AM
A very impressive group. Now, all those other meets, around the country, will have really high standards to live up to!!! A professional photograph of our meet....we are so uber cool!!!

seashoreCM
10-03-2007, 03:56 PM
I have a few pictures of the group taken at the Duck Tour loading area. The pictures are quite large files, 2 to 3 megabytes each. It would be nice to be able to share them and let you all make personal copies and do custom cropping and resizing. Unfortunately I don't know of a public web site big enough to upload them to.

Kitty-chan
10-04-2007, 08:40 AM
I have a few pictures of the group taken at the Duck Tour loading area. The pictures are quite large files, 2 to 3 megabytes each. It would be nice to be able to share them and let you all make personal copies and do custom cropping and resizing. Unfortunately I don't know of a public web site big enough to upload them to.

Have you tried flickr? If I remember right, they can handle files up to 5MB each.

kaytieeldr
10-05-2007, 07:12 PM

OMG! You mean I was there after all? Strange... I could have sworn I was "Soarin'" right about that time...

Anyway, thanks for the image, and the toasts! And, BEFORE you all start planning next year's Meet - I will be at Walt Disney World from September 22 through October 2 next year. Please plan to plan it around MY schedule ;)

goofy4tink
10-06-2007, 06:42 AM
We will try our best to be accomodating!!!!!

seashoreCM
10-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Got a few pictures I took of the 9/23 DIS meet up on Flickr.

In Flickr do a search for ajaynejr (you've probably seen that word in many of my posts). Once the first picture appears, click "see more pictures" to see the rest.

Some day I will figure out how to make it easier to search Flickr.

These pictures are the ones in the 2 to 3 megabyte (and 2100x1600 pixel) range and parts can be cut and pasted as desired.

Kitty-chan
10-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Got a few pictures I took of the 9/23 DIS meet up on Flickr.

In Flickr do a search for ajaynejr (you've probably seen that word in many of my posts). Once the first picture appears, click "see more pictures" to see the rest.

Some day I will figure out how to make it easier to search Flickr.

These pictures are the ones in the 2 to 3 megabyte (and 2100x1600 pixel) range and parts can be cut and pasted as desired.

Cool pictures! I found your user page at http://www.flickr.com/photos/14655317@N05/, with links to all the images of course.

goofy4tink
10-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Thanks Alan....that is truly a fine looking bunch of people!! Sure do wish we had had room for you and Karen though. You had to feel badly for those poor people, all 8 or so of them, that were on the amphib with us. I think they probably wanted to jump off into the Charles!!!