PDA

View Full Version : Artist Point June 13, 2007

disney dumbo
06-14-2007, 08:07 PM
So many of you helped me with all your post... thought I'd share my limited 2 cents...

We ate at Artist Point last night. Asked for window seat, as some of you suggested, but wait would have been 1 hour... took table in center of restaurant. I can see why some have suggested being toward the window area... and not in the back... for "atmosphere" sake. In the center, we had no view... but what I like is that tables were placed in spacious manner, not all shoved together.

Prices had gone up again... based on the menu I saw on the web dated 6/07. Salmon was $45 (not $32 as I saw)... delicious too. My two favorite parts were the mixed salad... huge and wonderful... and the mushroom soup... yummy! The bread was great too. I might go again one day just for soup and salad! We also enjoyed the buffalo steak.

We tried the cobbler and loved the fresh fruit (surprised it wasn't cooked) and the ice cream... didn't care for what they must have called "cobbler". Also tried "coffee two ways" dessert... didn't like the bread pudding... but the creme brulee was good... wouldn't order that one again though.

Daughter didn't like child's penne pasta with cheese sauce (not that she's a very good judge!)... children's appetizer of watermelon was wonderful. She thought the White Chocolate Mickey Puzzle with Cookies ($5) was the greatest dessert ever! It was very cute... served on a plate shaped like an artist palette plate (I know wrong restaurant!). 3 mickey shaped dabs of "paint" with white chocolate puzzle to put together and paint brush to paint it... and 2 cookies... choc chip and sugar cookie.

Prices of course are high... service was a little too slow... even though I enjoy not being rushed... we sat a long time before ordering... and waited to get drinks... etc.... even to the coffee in the end. Guess they want your time to equal the money you spend!

Thanks to everyone for their reviews! Hope this helps someone.

Schucraig
06-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the review!:thumbsup2

Minniespal
06-15-2007, 04:53 AM
Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

CampbellScot
06-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Isn't that mushroom soup FANTASTIC?! Oh my goodness I thought it was the most heavenly thing I ate while I was at disneyworld!!! We were on our honeymoon and were given a window seat...unfortunately a group with about 10 children all together came in and were seated at a large group of tables near us. They proceeded to scream, throw things, knock down chairs and climb over each other from the moment they sat down...parents ignored them and talked about the wine selection...:rolleyes:

So...we moved to another area of the restaurant...we were the fourth table surrounding the obnoxious brood to do so!

Hopefully when my husband and I return for our Anniversary dinner we won't be surrounded by hooligans masquerading as children!

thanks for the review! You reminded me of what I have to look forward to!:love: (we're leaving the kiddos at Cub's den for the evening!:thumbsup2 )

Beth E. (NJ)
06-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the review. I've never been to Artist Point and I look forward to trying it one day.

madcoco
06-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Great to hear you enjoyed most of your meal. Just wondering if the steep price increase was due to AP maybe using wild Copper River Salmon which runs Mid May through app mid June. They fetch a premium due to quicker processing, shipping and to some, hype.;)

JPoppins
06-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Great Review:thumbsup2

This will be our last Dinner at WDW when we go in November for our Honeymoon. I will be sure to try the mushroom soup!! :goodvibes

shovan
06-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the factual detailed & honest review!

ufgator
06-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks for your review. I love Artist Point. I agree with madcoco that is sounds like the salmon was more expensive because they're using Copper River. Plus, we just ate there in May and the salmon didn't cost that much.

DVC Kathy
06-25-2007, 07:30 AM
It was the Copper River salmon that cost $45. We ate there on June 10th.

It was delicious. Well worth the extra money.

Kathy

DisneyBride'03
06-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the review:)
We are actually now thinking of dining here...our DD will be 14 mths old...she is well behaved and loves dining:)
Since we are now CL, I am thinking just doing 2 TS dinners. CG and Artist Point...