PDA

View Full Version : Where should Kevin dine next?

ptrbryant
06-14-2007, 09:59 AM
I really love Kevin's restaurant reviews, though I'm not sure if that's mainly for the information or for the humor and delivery. In any case, thank you, Kevin! But, there are a number of popular WDW restaurants that honestly do get very mixed reviews. I would love Kevin to go to any/all of them and give us his candid opinions:

Whispering Canyon Cafe

Chef Mickey's

Prime Time Cafe

Sci-Fi Dine In

Any others?

Karla B.

Alicnwondrln
06-14-2007, 10:01 AM
like said in the other thread

Nine Dragons! and Pete should go with him !:banana: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :thumbsup2 ;)

rlduvall
06-14-2007, 10:18 AM
I agree. I love Kevin's reviews. They are so descriptive and thorough. I actually picture myself there eating with them. (Okay . . . did I go to far;) )

I would love to see a review on Yachtman's Steakhouse and LeCellier. Hope I haven't missed those in the archive shows. :cool2:

scarlett873
06-14-2007, 11:10 AM
I would like to hear reviews of Whispering Canyon Cafe & 50's Prime Time Cafe. Has he done Portobello Yacht Club or Fulton's Crab House yet? I can't remember...

Alicnwondrln
06-14-2007, 11:15 AM
I did Fultons in 2004 and it was really good

sconnell
06-14-2007, 01:36 PM
I don't have any more suggestions, but I would love to hear some of these!

I<3EvilQueen
06-14-2007, 01:42 PM
I would like to hear a Jiko review. We always say we are going to go there, but end up at Boma as we love it. So would be interested to see what Jiko is like.

kabbie
06-14-2007, 02:52 PM
I would like to hear a Jiko review. We always say we are going to go there, but end up at Boma as we love it. So would be interested to see what Jiko is like.

I know Kevin has mentioned that Jiko is one of this favorite Disney restaurants, but I went through the show archives and didn't see a review. I see that's he reviewed Hollywood Brown Derby, Coral Reef, Bubba Gump, Tomorrowland Terrace, Artist Point, Narcoossee's, and Ohana's.

mickeywho?
06-14-2007, 07:04 PM
I know Kevin has mentioned that Jiko is one of this favorite Disney restaurants, but I went through the show archives and didn't see a review. I see that's he reviewed Hollywood Brown Derby, Coral Reef, Bubba Gump, Tomorrowland Terrace, Artist Point, Narcoossee's, and Ohana's.

Would love to hear a review of Raglan Road! With a name like Kevin I'm sure he'll feel at home!

cocowum
06-14-2007, 08:31 PM
I vote for Wolfgang Puck Cafe. DH would really like to try this restaurant but I'm not so sure.:rolleyes1

DisneyKevin
06-15-2007, 10:09 AM
Hi Guys...

Several of the restaurants mentioned are on the list of places to go....some are in the immediate works.

I cant tell you what the next one will be....I dont want to give them any warning. :lmao:

Jiko is by far my favorite "high end" Disney restaurant. I have never had anything but stellar meals and service. It's pricey...but worth it.

Thank you for the kind words.
Kevin

Cruz Family
06-15-2007, 12:24 PM
Hi Guys...

Several of the restaurants mentioned are on the list of places to go....some are in the immediate works.

I cant tell you what the next one will be....I dont want to give them any warning. :lmao:

Jiko is by far my favorite "high end" Disney restaurant. I have never had anything but stellar meals and service. It's pricey...but worth it.

Kevin

Kevin you are just awesome!!! I think I enjoy listening to your reviews almost as much as I like eating at the restaurants, well except Jiko.... YUMMMMOOOOOO!!!!!:cloud9:

escape123
06-15-2007, 09:43 PM
i would like you to check out cali grill but any of those listed would be great.
and your reviews are great. like i have heard people before you really feel like you there. :thumbsup2 good job mr kevin

Lewanc
06-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Hi Guys...

Kevin

Hi There DisneyKevin -- Agree with your assessment of Jinko. Love to dine there and sit at the counter, but the best is to relax and be served in the private dining room. Always had excellent food and service, and don't feel the cost is pricey, as you get what you pay for. My other favorites and Victoria & Alberts and The Chef's Table at the Grand Floridian, The California Grill at the Contemporary, and the Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht/Beach Club.

There are so many places to enjoy an excellent meal at Disney, a week's visit could easily pack on 10 pounds.

Lewanc
06-15-2007, 11:03 PM
i would like you to check out cali grill but any of those listed would be great.
and your reviews are great. like i have heard people before you really feel like you there. :thumbsup2 good job mr kevin

Hi - Will reply later, got a phone call.

Lewanc
06-15-2007, 11:13 PM

Hello -- You should check out the California Grill, sure you will like it. Have dined there many times, and never disappointed. An added plus to dining at the CG is to be there at firework time. The lights are dimmed, and the view of the castle with the fireworks for a back drop, puts the icing on the dining experience, it's really awesome, you'll be glad you decided to dine at the CG.

Have a great vacation.

Lewanc
06-15-2007, 11:23 PM
I vote for Wolfgang Puck Cafe. DH would really like to try this restaurant but I'm not so sure.:rolleyes1

Hello -- Wolfgang Puck's has good food, but in my opinon, is too noisey. Not a place for relaxed dinner conversation. Your reservation/ hesitation about this one is right!!!

Happy dining.

Demosthenes
06-16-2007, 09:19 PM
I'd like to hear a review of Shula's, Blue Zoo, Maya Grill, Mama Melrose's and Citricos.

ericafny
06-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Has he done Portobello Yacht Club or Fulton's Crab House yet? I can't remember...

Portobello Yacht Club is REALLY GOOD! We had a great experience there. It is a bit pricey but worth it. We sat outside and had a nice view of Saratoga Springs.

Kevin- any chance you will be reviewing a buffet anytime soon?? I am really interested in either Hollywood & Vine or Cape May Clam Bake Buffet...

DisneyKevin
06-18-2007, 08:21 PM
The next review is a buffet....but I cant tell you where.

I can tell you that it's not one of those two.

:rolleyes1

ericafny
06-18-2007, 08:51 PM

Oh darn it! I still look forward to all of your reviews though! They are great! :thumbsup2

tinkerbellblondie19
06-19-2007, 10:33 PM
Well, if he has done something deserving punishment, Nine Dragons. To be serious, I think that a review of CRT would be good. Everyone always goes for the princesses, but how is the food? Does it work for families with teenagers/older children/boys? Would it be fun for adults?

Jennygt
06-20-2007, 10:15 AM
How about some CS locations? I have a few favorites, I have a hard time at MGM, any thoughts?

tinkerbellblondie19
06-20-2007, 04:57 PM
How about some CS locations? I have a few favorites, I have a hard time at MGM, any thoughts?

No offense, but I don't think that would be all that interesting. CS stays fairly consistent, menu-wise, throughout the world. Just my opinion.

PrincessBelle39
06-20-2007, 09:08 PM
I vote for California Grill. Would love to hear a detailed review especially from at the time of Wishes.
Would also love to hear about Boma and 50's Prime Time.

tinkerbellblondie19
06-20-2007, 11:21 PM
Oooh, Boma. Great Desserts.

Jennygt
06-21-2007, 04:07 PM
No offense, but I don't think that would be all that interesting. CS stays fairly consistent, menu-wise, throughout the world. Just my opinion.

This is true, perhaps just a favorite from each park, not a full review.

Fredd's Girl
06-22-2007, 07:10 AM

Hi Jennygt! I'm with ya! I have a hard time at MGM with food in general! We are trying Brown Derby again on our next trip (since Kevin's review was favorable) but overall, I think MGM is seriously lacking in this area!!

happy2go2wdwmom
06-22-2007, 07:18 AM
Hi Jennygt! I'm with ya! I have a hard time at MGM with food in general! We are trying Brown Derby again on our next trip (since Kevin's review was favorable) but overall, I think MGM is seriously lacking in this area!!

I think I still have a tummy ache from the ABC Commisary food (I begged DH and DS not to eat there as it went against all of my dis-research data, but they were starving and said, "It can't be THAT bad." Schyah! I can't even watch ABC shows any longer.

We had a pretty decent meal at Sci Fi, but two times ago we had a hostess to rival Ill Muleeenos wait staff!

Fredd's Girl
06-22-2007, 07:26 AM
I think I still have a tummy ache from the ABC Commisary food (I begged DH and DS not to eat there as it went against all of my dis-research data, but they were starving and said, "It can't be THAT bad." Schyah! I can't even watch ABC shows any longer.

We had a pretty decent meal at Sci Fi, but two times ago we had a hostess to rival Ill Muleeenos wait staff!

Ugh! ABC Commissary is the WORST!!! Honestly, the less of all the evils for us is Pizza Planet. At least we know what that food is going to taste like. I got the Reuben last time at Sci Fi...I don't know how you screw up a rueben, but this sandwich was horrible!! The milkshake was good though. :confused3

At MGM more often than not, this is me...popcorn:: Can't go wrong with popcorn.

tinkerbellblondie19
06-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Ugh! ABC Commissary is the WORST!!! Honestly, the less of all the evils for us is Pizza Planet. At least we know what that food is going to taste like. I got the Reuben last time at Sci Fi...I don't know how you screw up a rueben, but this sandwich was horrible!! The milkshake was good though. :confused3

At MGM more often than not, this is me...popcorn:: Can't go wrong with popcorn.

A bad rueben? Is that possible? The only way I can think of to mess up a reuben is to put ranch dressing on it or something.

Turf Club (At SSR) has fantastic reubens, but they're only on the lunch menu. It's right by the boat dock, so if you are at Downtown Disney want to get lunch, you can get on the boat over.

And the pizza sause at Pizza Planet is nasty.

happy2go2wdwmom
06-23-2007, 12:28 PM

RE: CS---I dunno, I actually find CS reviews interesting, esp. since at the end of my four month long trip planning, all that was left up in the air were some CS choices, but yes, the TS, etc. are more intersting...heck, it's ALL interesting to me!
:hippie:

tinkerbellblondie19
06-23-2007, 01:02 PM
I just got back from Disney a couple days ago, and I'm already "home" sick!

Disneybridein2k3
06-24-2007, 07:27 AM
Portobello Yacht Club is REALLY GOOD! We had a great experience there. It is a bit pricey but worth it. We sat outside and had a nice view of Saratoga Springs.

Kevin- any chance you will be reviewing a buffet anytime soon?? I am really interested in either Hollywood & Vine or Cape May Clam Bake Buffet...
Second the Cape May Clam Bake Buffet request! I think it was Corey who said they love it but I would like the "official Kevin report" :goodvibes

Disneybridein2k3
06-24-2007, 08:16 AM
It's not really a restaurant review, but I'd love a quick play by play on the best desserts in The World. We are going during free dining this Sept and I'd love the Orlando Team's opinions.

cobbler
06-24-2007, 11:51 AM
I haven't read the entire thread but I would like to see a review on the new Turf Club at Saratoga Springs.

tinkerbellblondie19
06-24-2007, 01:01 PM
I haven't read the entire thread but I would like to see a review on the new Turf Club at Saratoga Springs.

Turf Club has fantastic reubens and burgers. And their fries are some of the best on property.

happy2go2wdwmom
06-24-2007, 07:02 PM

I am rooting for good ol' Chef Mickey's!

rtobe
07-04-2007, 02:07 PM
I don't remember the name but there is a Japanese restaurant in Swan or Dolphin - would love to hear a review of that one.

tndisneyfans
07-04-2007, 08:19 PM
I would love to hear about the quick service counter service. It would be great to hear not only about the food, but secret places that you can escape from the crowds. My favorite escape is Columbia Harbor House. The food is just chicken and fish,but whenever I've been its relatively empty.

I love the Podcast and cant wait for Tuesday

calypso*a*go-go
07-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Well I personally feel we should all start a petition begging for decent counter service @ MGM! I've tried all of them and have been nothing but disappointed. :(

I'm another that wishes Kevin might do some reviews of the restaurants that are considered somewhat onsite (but not necessarily Disney) like the ones at SOG, Swan/Dolphin, DTD hotels, etc. as I'm sure there are some great places that are fairly close that I would never think to go to.

How 'bout it Kevin -- are you ready to take one for the team? :teeth:

surfergrl31
07-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Well I personally feel we should all start a petition begging for decent counter service @ MGM! I've tried all of them and have been nothing but disappointed. :(

I'm another that wishes Kevin might do some reviews of the restaurants that are considered somewhat onsite (but not necessarily Disney) like the ones at SOG, Swan/Dolphin, DTD hotels, etc. as I'm sure there are some great places that are fairly close that I would never think to go to.

Amen!! I usually just leave MGM for lunch or just suck it up and go for a time cosuming table service.

I second the motion that Kevin might do some reviews of resturants somewhat on property, but not really disney owned. So all those in favor say "I?":flower3:

DisneyKevin
07-06-2007, 11:20 AM
I am trying to do as many of these places as possible and will hopefully get around to each and every one of them.

I can tell you that I have just recently dined at Chef Mickey's. Watch for the review in an upcoming podcast.

Kevin

Cyrano
07-06-2007, 04:07 PM
I can tell you that I have just recently dined at Chef Mickey's. Watch for the review in an upcoming podcast.

Looking forward to it :)

surfergrl31
07-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Oh thank you for Chef Mickey's! I have never eaten there and we are going with the kids for the first time in October. I hate buffet, but I'm hoping this one will be better than your run of the mill buffet. Thanks Kevin!!

Cruz Family
07-09-2007, 11:04 AM

Kevin

I can't wait to hear it. I think my family is one of the few who do not like Chef Mickeys. It is nice to see the characters but for us the food is just not that good. I have agreed with you on every review thus far, I wonder about this one??:confused3

Jennygt
07-09-2007, 11:19 AM

I am glad that it is just not me with issues at MGM regarding cs, I think that we always wind up at the backlot place. I would love a good alternative at MGM, I guess just a snack and eat at the hotel.:confused3

Fredd's Girl
07-09-2007, 12:24 PM
A bad rueben? Is that possible? The only way I can think of to mess up a reuben is to put ranch dressing on it or something.

Turf Club (At SSR) has fantastic reubens, but they're only on the lunch menu. It's right by the boat dock, so if you are at Downtown Disney want to get lunch, you can get on the boat over.

And the pizza sause at Pizza Planet is nasty.

Thanks for the tip on the Reuben. I was baffled at how Sci Fi screwed up the Reuben...I've never left over half a Reuben uneaten!!

I agree with the poster that said we should petition for better food at MGM!! Really kind of makes that park a downer...

Ottawacruiser
07-09-2007, 06:11 PM
I really enjoy the podcast and especially Kevin's reviews.

I would vote for a review of the Prime Time Cafe!

Regards,
... Mike (aka Ottawacruiser)

dpuck1998
07-10-2007, 11:29 AM
We need a post with a list of all the resturants reviewed to this point, anyone? Anyone??

I'd like to see a review of Nacroosses if it hasn't happened yet. I was very disappointed with this resturant and am hoping it was an "isolated" experiance.

DisneyKevin
07-10-2007, 11:38 AM
I apologize that I dont have a list of the restaurants I have reviewed.

I can come up with most I think...

Coral Reef
Ohana
Narcoossee's
Il Mulino
Chef Mickey's
Princess Celebration at Norway

I'm sure there are more....I cant think of them at the moment.

I thought Narcoossee's was a wonderful experience and reccommended it highly.

Kevin

Cruz Family
07-10-2007, 11:45 AM
I apologize that I dont have a list of the restaurants I have reviewed.

I can come up with most I think...

Coral Reef
Ohana
Narcoossee's
Il Mulino
Chef Mickey's
Princess Celebration at Norway

I'm sure there are more....I cant think of them at the moment.

I thought Narcoossee's was a wonderful experience and reccommended it highly.

Kevin

Grand Floridian Cafe

BTW Kevin, your review of CM was totally on spot. You described what it is perfectly. I am shocked when people comment on how good the food is! :eek:

Lewanc
07-11-2007, 10:14 PM
We need a post with a list of all the resturants reviewed to this point, anyone? Anyone??

I'd like to see a review of Nacroosses if it hasn't happened yet. I was very disappointed with this resturant and am hoping it was an "isolated" experiance.

Hi There -- Think you must have experienced an "isolated" incident at Narcoossee's. Have eaten there many times, the service/food has always been to my satisfaction, and I'm pretty picky.

Disney Kevin made the following post regarding Narcoosee's just yesterday. -- "I thought Narcoossee's was a wonderful experience and reccommended it highly". Kevin

Sorry you had a bad experience. Mishaps can occur at any given time, and unfortunately, that trend also extends to the happiest and most magical place on earth.

Have a great day.

dpuck1998
07-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Hi There -- Think you must have experienced an "isolated" incident at Narcoossee's. Have eaten there many times, the service/food has always been to my satisfaction, and I'm pretty picky.

Disney Kevin made the following post regarding Narcoosee's just yesterday. -- "I thought Narcoossee's was a wonderful experience and reccommended it highly". Kevin

Sorry you had a bad experience. Mishaps can occur at any given time, and unfortunately, that trend also extends to the happiest and most magical place on earth.

Have a great day.

Perhaps I'll give them another shot. Our food was good but our service was on the level of Kevins review of Il Mulino (I think that was the one). Can't beat the view however. I do have to add one thing. This wasn't isolated to just Narcoosee's. If they tell you on the phone to arrive 10 mins early for your ADR then perhaps the resturant should be open when you get there? We had a 5:30 ADR and the resturant didn't open until 5:30. By the time we were seated it almost 6:00. Maybe they shouldn't take ressies that early if they don't open the doors until 5:30.

SamSam
07-12-2007, 08:57 AM
I really enjoy your reviews Kevin, you give plenty of details so people can make up thier own minds about whether to try a restaurant or not.
My Dh and I have never eaten at the Maya Grill or Rose and Crown and would love to hear a review of them.
Also, we've eaten at Jiko's many times but would still enjoy hearing you review it. Keep up the great work.

DisneyKevin
07-12-2007, 09:44 AM
While not a full review, we really enjoy the Rose and Crown and Jiko is one of our all time favorites.

We will be visiting a Disney restaurant tonight to be featured in next week's show.

Talk to you soon.

Kevin

dpuck1998
07-12-2007, 10:06 AM
While not a full review, we really enjoy the Rose and Crown and Jiko is one of our all time favorites.

We will be visiting a Disney restaurant tonight to be featured in next week's show.

Talk to you soon.

Kevin

Give us a hint ;-) Resort, Park?

rlduvall
07-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks for all the great reviews. I love hearing them and really do base some of my final decisions for dining because of your reviews. :thumbsup2 Keep up the "hard" work . . . .

DisneyKevin
07-12-2007, 10:24 AM
I'll tell you the location after dinner tonight....I promise.

Now I have to rest up for the "hard" work ahead of me.

I truly am the luckiest guy in the world.

Kevin

Cruz Family
07-12-2007, 10:35 AM

Kevin

You sure are!!!
I going to guess Whispering Canyon or 50's PTC. What ever it is I look forward to your review.

dpuck1998
07-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Hmm..so now we have to guess...with no clues...

I'll pick Yachtsman and Cape May Cafe (two of my favs)

DisneyKevin
07-12-2007, 10:09 PM
This evening's dining adventure was at the Whisper Canyon Cafe in Disney's Wilderness Lodge.

Review's a comin....

Kevin

calypso*a*go-go
07-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Yee Haw !!!

SamSam
07-12-2007, 11:29 PM

Kevin

You truly are! My husband and I would love to make our living doing restaurant reviews; the ultimate dream job. :) For now, I am thoroughly enjoying listening to your reviews.

happy2go2wdwmom
07-13-2007, 12:14 AM

Kevin

Do tell!

Cruz Family
07-13-2007, 06:01 AM
This evening's dining adventure was at the Whisper Canyon Cafe in Disney's Wilderness Lodge.

Review's a comin....

Kevin

Wooooh Hooooooo!!!!! I was right!!!! (even a broken clock is right twice a day, LOL:rotfl: )
Boy is this going to be an interesting review!:woohoo:

cocowum
07-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Oooo, I love WCC. I hope you had a good server. Last time we ate there our server (Bullfrog) fed my MIL the vegetables that she didn't finish. It was soo funny. In the pics she looks livid! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Can't wait to here your review.:surfweb:

mommyceratops
07-13-2007, 07:43 AM
I would love to hear Prime Time! It used to be my favorite but the last time it had really gone downhill...I would love to hear a review and hope the food is better Kevin.

mommyceratops
07-13-2007, 07:46 AM

Review's a comin....

Kevin

:banana: :banana: Oh I can't wait! I love your reviews!!!! :love:

Cool-Beans
07-13-2007, 01:35 PM
WCC, IMO, has been going downhill the last couple years. Eager to see what others think. :)

I'm new to the podcast and don't know if Restaurant Marrakesh has been reviewed, but it ought to be. It's the red-headed stepchild around these boards, but it's my favorite. That and San Angel.

SamSam
07-13-2007, 10:44 PM

I already love Jiko's, so even though I would like to hear you review it, I would really love to hear why you like Rose and Crown. It's a restaurant that we always mean to try and just never fit it in, so I would love to hear why you enjoy Rose and Crown.

labbott
07-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Kevin,

Love your reviews and humor. Thank you and the crew for all you do.

Jhalkias
07-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Is there a Chuck-E-Cheese in Orlando?

That is where I for one would like to see Kevin go . . . I bet that review would be a real hoot! Pizza Planet at MGM is close, but nothing beats that big old pizza rat!

OK back to reality . . . I would like to see a review of Prime-Time too . . . last time we were there, we did NOT have a good experience. The CM waiting on us seemed totally bored with the Schtick, it frightened our 6 year old, and the food was BAD. Several years ago we enjoyed it, so it was sad.

Jhalkias
07-23-2007, 08:41 PM
Hold the phone!

Chuck-E-Cheese
7419 International Drive Orlando FL

Go for it Kevin!

(Please make him do it Pete, Please, Please!)