PDA

View Full Version : I will be MIA for a bit

BernardandMissBianca
06-12-2007, 07:40 AM
I have a humongo case of poison ivy all over me, mostly my hands so I'm not typing much. It has gone from itchy to painful in the past few days.
I'm going to the DR today to see if he can give me some steroids and more powerful creams. The kicker is, I have no idea where the poison ivy came from, I haven't been near the stuff. It's in the yard but I have been avoiding it. :confused3

If you need something specific send me a PM or post a "B&MB thread". I will have DH help me pop in on occasion. And behave, I'm watching you!!!:rotfl2:

bobcat
06-12-2007, 07:59 AM
Ouch! Hope the Dr can help. I had a horrible case two years in a row and avoid the stuff like the plague.

aroyer
06-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Feel better soon!! And I am sure that we will all behave. :rolleyes1

PrincessNancy96
06-12-2007, 09:03 AM
Feel better soon... if you need to chat have the kids hit me on speed dial.. I'm home all day today..
I'll try to keep everyone in line!!! :) :lmao:

AlexWyattMommy
06-12-2007, 09:32 AM
We will behave ourselves.

Hope you find some relief!!

New England Eeyore
06-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Feel better soon Buffy!

maria34a
06-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Well.... I can't promise to behave!!! :rolleyes: But I do want you to feel and get better so you can come back and play!!!

YodasMom
06-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Yep...Better get yourself to the doctor! It's miserable and tends to spread! Take care of yourself....Been there, done that...and lost sleep! Yuk!:eek:

Lisa
06-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Sorry to hear you are uncomfortable with it. You must have gotten it working out in the lawn. See it doesn't pay to mow the grass.;)

Hope you get over the itchies soon.:eek:

MissBubbles
06-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Get better soon! We'll certainly try to behave, but it's so tempting.....

party of 3
06-12-2007, 04:16 PM
hope you feel better soon. pn96 will take care of us!!!!

just a side note:

my mother had it really, i mean REALLY bad a few years ago and someone told me to go to stop and shop and buy kosher salt and have her soak in it. (i mean legs, arms hands, feet....she was covered). so i thought, kosher salt? really? well i did it and snap! it was cleared up in a jiffy! worked like a charm.
hope this helps!

kaylajr
06-12-2007, 06:56 PM
:wizard: :wizard:
Feel better

Downrivermama
06-12-2007, 07:17 PM
:flower3: :hug: Yuck, that stinks. Hope you feel better.

Beth E. (NJ)
06-13-2007, 07:15 AM
You poor thing! I hope the doctor is able to do something for you.

patchchild
06-13-2007, 08:29 AM
Yuck and more yuck! I have lots of sympathy for you. I practically look at the plant to get it and it takes way to long to clear all the way up. Caladryl clear is my savior. It covers it to dry it out and helps keep it from spreading any more.

vanyel
06-13-2007, 10:21 AM
That sounds awful! Hope you feel better soon.

maria34a
06-13-2007, 10:21 AM
Feeling any better today???

MyLittlePiglet
06-13-2007, 11:23 AM
ewww (sorry :) Hope you feel better quickly!

BernardandMissBianca
06-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Little better today, my hands don't itch(right now) to bad but the backs of my legs are on fire!!!

patchchild
06-13-2007, 12:55 PM
B&MB, can you at least usethis as an excuse to have your husband do everything for you? ;)

Mickeyteacher
06-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Little better today, my hands don't itch(right now) to bad but the backs of my legs are on fire!!!

Feel better soon!
S :)

BernardandMissBianca
06-13-2007, 02:39 PM
B&MB, can you at least usethis as an excuse to have your husband do everything for you? ;)

yeah right, sure. :rotfl2:
I am currently painting the living room. For some reason the latex paint makes my hands stop itching. It did the same thing when I painted to boys room, I had poison ivy then too and my hands didn't bother me while I was painting. Plus I can't go outside so I may as well do something right?! And the prednisone makes you have insomnia so I was up til 2 am painting.:rolleyes:

aprilvaca04
06-13-2007, 04:16 PM
That doesn't sound fun...hope things get back to normal for you soon.:flower3:

maria34a
06-13-2007, 07:13 PM
yeah right, sure. :rotfl2:
I am currently painting the living room. For some reason the latex paint makes my hands stop itching. It did the same thing when I painted to boys room, I had poison ivy then too and my hands didn't bother me while I was painting. Plus I can't go outside so I may as well do something right?! And the prednisone makes you have insomnia so I was up til 2 am painting.:rolleyes:

So paint the back of your legs!!!!! :banana: :banana: What color are you painting the living room!!! Will it match any outfits you are wearing??? :rotfl2:

aroyer
06-13-2007, 07:21 PM
So paint the back of your legs!!!!! :banana: :banana: What color are you painting the living room!!! Will it match any outfits you are wearing??? :rotfl2:

I was thinkin the same thing!! :lmao:

maria34a
06-13-2007, 07:53 PM
I was thinkin the same thing!! :lmao:

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:
Are we being bad???? :rolleyes1

aroyer
06-13-2007, 08:08 PM
:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:
Are we being bad???? :rolleyes1

NEVER!! :rolleyes1

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

BernardandMissBianca
06-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Trouble makers! LOL

Trust me I have thought about painting my legs LOL I'm typing right now to stop from scratching.
The living room is a dark buttery yellow it's actually called bee pollen from Earth elements at Lowes. I love it!! I have a blue grey couch and DH bought some espresso brown bookcases for me so we are going to put those up this week. And don't worry I'm taking pics along the way.;)

I want to have it done by Sat so I can finish revamping my scrap space (I got a new cabinet). Then I'll start painting the kitchen. I am taking the next 6 months to get this house ready to sell so every room is getting a makeover. We never paint or hang pics til we get ready move but this time I might actually get to enjoy the space before we leave it.
Of course I love the color so much I will be painting the next house this color too, maybe in my new scraproom!! This is #1 on my wish list for the house.

maria34a
06-14-2007, 08:05 AM
Where are you moving to????

BernardandMissBianca
06-14-2007, 12:44 PM
hopefully to Asheville NC. DH is from the south and he loves it there and I'm tired of winter. Plus I can't afford to live in CT anymore. It's getting way to expensive.
If we stayed in CT we would probably move back towards Mass and RI. We liked it better up there. But I think we want to live somewhere where there are more non winter months.

lewdyan1
06-14-2007, 12:50 PM
But I think we want to live somewhere where there are more non winter months.

Florida!:)

rlovew
06-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Asheville is beautiful but having lived both in Connecticut and the Ashville area of North carolina I don't think the difference in the winters was very noticable. (Of course we lived near the coast in Connecticut.

Rebecca

BernardandMissBianca
06-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Florida!:)

to hot!!

Asheville is beautiful but having lived both in Connecticut and the Ashville area of North carolina I don't think the difference in the winters was very noticable. (Of course we lived near the coast in Connecticut.

Rebecca

We live about 30 minutes from the ocean so we get a good bit of snow. But also in NC you get a longer summer too. I just want to be able to utilize a back yard and pool and outdoor kitchen for more than 3 months. KWIM!

kaddjr
06-14-2007, 09:18 PM
I hate poison ivy- hope you get better soon!:)

Asheville is beautiful! I would love the falls there- so colorful!:cloud9: DH and I have camped in the Smokies a few times and are skipping Disney next year, but are thinking of taking the kids camping there for a few days instead.

BernardandMissBianca
06-14-2007, 10:51 PM
skipping WDW this year too. I think we may drive down to NC to look around and see what the kids think.

PrincessNancy96
06-15-2007, 06:56 AM
Bamb,
Just make sure you have room for my family to visit or a nice hotel near by!!
I love the NC area..and SC too....

BernardandMissBianca
06-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Bamb,
Just make sure you have room for my family to visit or a nice hotel near by!!
I love the NC area..and SC too....

absolutely!!! Besides we still have that drive no matter where we are in 2009. I figure I'll camp at your house for a day or 2. ;)
Or send the boys on to Minneapolis and me and DD will hang with ya'll for a week.

SusieStone
06-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Come closer to the coast and be near me!

skipping WDW this year too. I think we may drive down to NC to look around and see what the kids think.

BernardandMissBianca
06-17-2007, 12:46 AM
Come closer to the coast and be near me!

DH is partial to Asheville. He has wanted to live there since he was a kid. And I'm more of a mountain person than an ocean person. I don't do water. :rotfl2:

But thanks for the offer!!!

PrincessNancy96
06-17-2007, 08:51 AM
absolutely!!! Besides we still have that drive no matter where we are in 2009. I figure I'll camp at your house for a day or 2. ;)
Or send the boys on to Minneapolis and me and DD will hang with ya'll for a week.

Sounds good to me!!! ;) Maybe be 2009 I can have the house done so we can enjoy our visit!!! :)

Grumpy's Gal
06-18-2007, 09:15 PM
oh dear, I'll be thinking of you!

My dd had it once and the dr said you can get it thru the wind -- we think someone had mowed thru a batch of it near her school and she got it that way.

Take care of yourself!