PDA

View Full Version : Boma Breakfast - not as great as I'd heard

BaldEmu
06-11-2007, 07:54 PM
We just returned from a Memorial Day weekend visit, staying at GF. I finally prevailed on my DW to make a booking at Boma for breakfast. For dinner, Boma is one of my favorite 1 table-service restaurants, beaten only by Le Cellier. So we planned to head to Animal Kingdom for extra-magic hours, and then return to Boma for a late breakfast.

Overall - I was very dissapointed. The breakfast doesn't hold a candle to the dinner. In general, the breakfast has a lot of variety. Lots of pastries, fair amount of fruits, cereals etc. However - the vast majority of the menu is not particularly interesting - just standard food. So that leaves the 'special' food to make the meal interesting and worth a special trip. And this is where I felt it wasn't so great.

The Frunch was actually quite nice. The pork loin and breakfast ham was extremely dry and overcooked. The Bobotie was rather neutral tasting, and the sausage and biscuit concoction was so fatty as to make it tasteless. Finally, the Kenya pot was, at best, medium strength.

All in all, I think Boma would be a nice plus if you happened to be staying at AKV (almost certainly better than most breakfast buffets) but certainly not worth a special trip. By way of contrast, Boma at dinner is definitely worth a second trip!!!

srdipert
06-11-2007, 09:11 PM
We really like the Boma breakfast but it isn't anything as exotic as the dinner. They do have a lot of choices though and much better than any of the character breakfast.

Minniespal
06-12-2007, 05:23 AM
We really enjoyed the breakfast at Boma recently and we were staying at AKL.

wildernesslodgelover
06-13-2007, 09:59 AM
I am just CRAZY for that sausage biscuit casserole. It is the only WDW dish I have recreated at home (with much success, I might add!) I agree there could be a few more exotic choices on the line. I find the frunch way too sweet and yeah, the last time we had the pressed pot of coffee it was not as strong as the first time we had breakfast there. The ham and pork were cooked perfectly when we were there....I had several slices of each. *insert pig smilie here*

I love Boma for breakfast and dinner. Isn't it amazing how so many different people can have such varied experiences at restaurants? Sorry you were disappointed, and thanks for the review.