PDA

View Full Version : Spoodles 06/09 dinner ..mm..mm..good!

Luv2Roam
06-10-2007, 08:34 AM
We dined at Spoodles last night (2 adults using DDE).
I can honestly say that was the best meal I had eaten in a LONG time. Not that I have not had good meals. However this was an I-will-remember-this-and-return-specifically-for-this good!

I had an ADR, but one was not really necessary for our time period. We were there at opening (5: p.m.) and the place was not busy at all. Although it was starting to fill in pretty good within a half hour.

We were celebrating my b-day. Spoodles was my choice as we had only dined here one other time and even that had been over a year ago. I just wanted something different. And I made my ADR mid week last week.

At first I knew DH was disappointed only because their menu options were slim.
Although I knew what I wanted; he ordered what he did only because nothing else sounded good.
We were both very hungry so I ordered an appetizer. Often we do not, as the meal is plenty for us. I :love: hummus, so I ordered that.
We were told it was made fresh that day. And the pita wedges were warm, soft and VERY tasty. It was VERY good. :goodvibes We said we each could have ordered a salad and had this appy and that would have been just fine! (However I am sure glad we did not!!) :yay:
In addition, we received a nice metal basket holding a variety of fresh breads and a oblong plate of olive oil with various spices. The oil had LOTS of stuff in it, like minced garlic, peppercinis, olives, and whatever else we could not determine. It was GOOD. :wizard:

Next came the main food. :worship:

DH ordered the Pan-roasted Fillet of Red Snapper - with saffron Israeli couscous, wilted greens and spicy tomato broth.
I had Lemon-Garlic Shrimp Linguine - with preserved lemons, Italian parsley, shaved garlic and butter.
:love: :lovestruc :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

We both really enjoyed our meals. I would have eaten only half of mine and taken the remainder home. But we were not going straight home. I did not want shrimp sitting in a hot car for hours. :scared1:
DH helped me finish off my plate, and he even said how good it was. The shrimp was cooked perfect, and tender and tasty. The pasta ---mmmmmmmmm garlic, cream, butter. Just GOOD. And cooked perfect too. Not overdone, not under cooked.

DH confirmed he was disappointed at first by the lack of menu selections. But he said he was very happy with what he ate. He said it was very good. I asked if it was as good as my dish. He said mine was pretty good. But not better than his.

The server was excellent. She even told us right up front that everything was made to order and we could order whatever we wanted and how we liked it. That was not necessary for us. But it was very nice of her to say that. I don't recall any other WDW restaurant server telling us this.

In the end I received a small birthday cupcake (for free) :cake: I think I ate three small slivers since I was already stuffed. DH finished it off. The cake part was nothing to talk about (dry). But it had a ton of frosting on it -- which DH just could not resist! :lmao:

When I made my ADR I mentioned it was my b-day celebration. and I was wearing a button I got at Guest Services, Epcot. At Spoodles they even filled in my name on the button, since GS did not and I did not have a marker on me.

Very, very good. Well worth checking out!! :teacher: party:

Ron from Michigan
06-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the great review. Spoodles is one of our favorites. :)

TigerKat
06-10-2007, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the review, we LOVE Spoodles and can't wait to go back!:thumbsup2

wilma-bride
06-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Sounds great. Unfortunately, we can't fit Spoodles in to our next trip but may have to consider it for April.

whensrnexttrip
06-10-2007, 05:28 PM
My DH and I ate at Spoodles for the first time this past week and I have to agree - WOW! The dipping oil was awesome! I could have made a meal just out of that! Kalamata olives, carrots, red onion, garlic... mmmmmm!!!! DH and I shared the margherita pizza appy, mediterrean dips appy, and the rigatoni meal. WOW again! Spoodles is on the must eat at list for future (near future :) ) visits!!!

guelde96
06-10-2007, 05:37 PM
We have reservations at Spoodles in September for our first time. I was a little concerned about this choice. I am very happy to hear your great review and am now looking forward to Spoodles.:rotfl:
Thanks

Minniespal
06-11-2007, 05:13 AM
Excellent review ~ Belated birthday wishes.

akghutton
06-11-2007, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the wonderful review. We will be dining at Spoodles the first night of our trip in September. This will be our first time at Spoodles. It sounds like we made a good choice for our first meal.:thumbsup2

Schucraig
06-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the great review! I can't wait for my ADR at Spoodles!:cool1:

smep013
06-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Really excited for this meal on our upcoming visit!
Can't wait for the hummus!

crossfamily
06-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the awsome review.. I am going for the first time this November and now I really can't wait.. :yay: :yay:

lynninpa
06-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the great review! We will be trying Spoodles for the first time-2 weeks from today! :upsidedow

hardingk
06-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the great review! We have a reservation at Spoodles for our upcoming July Disney trip!!!

familyS
06-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the review. We plan on trying Spoodles on our next visit :goodvibes

TINKB72
06-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Great review :thumbsup2 DBF and myself have an ADR for Spoodles in December. I was a bit nervous about it, because of the limited menu choices (I'm a bit of a picky eater!) but I've been reading alot of good reviews lately, so I'm back on the Spoodles bandwagon :goodvibes

Luv2Roam
06-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Saturday was warm and muggy anyway. But DH and I were both VERY thirsty that night after our meal. We don't add salt to our food on a regular basis. Our food did not seem overly salty. But later we were both thirsty the entire evening. And I avoided being near people as my mouth felt like troops had been walking in it. :lmao: :crazy2:
Breath mints on the way out would have been great. That was my only complaint, which is not much. Just wish I had something on me that evening.
Spoodles -- Have an enjoyable meal, and be near water and breath mints afterwards. :rotfl:

Meredisney
06-25-2007, 07:40 AM
So wonderful to hear Spoodles getting such great reviews!!!! :goodvibes

It's one of my favorites and I've seen some negative posts about it on this board.