PDA

View Full Version : New York City / NY / Brooklyn / CT / Northern NJ Anyone?

QuantumSheep
06-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Hi DISers! Sooooooo ... as you've probably guessed by now, I'm looking to organize a meet in the New York City area sometime this summer ... anyone game?

:grouphug:

Take care and have a blessed day!

TLinden16
06-06-2007, 04:54 PM
If you happen to plan something the weekend of August 4th, I'll be in town and will try to attend.

tap & dap
06-11-2007, 08:18 PM
we will be thee 4 my b-day in july let us know :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

RickinNYC
06-14-2007, 11:40 AM
I'd be glad to swing by to meet more fellow DIS'ers!

QuantumSheep
06-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Not sure when would be a good time to do this, but I figured the perfect place to meet might be Alfredo's of Rome (http://www.alfredos.com/) in Rockefeller Center, the same restaurant which is located in Epcot's Italy pavilion!

Might have to swing by the World of Disney store after that and get some Mickey chocolate ...

Any other ideas? How else could we make it Disney-related?

reggiemcp
06-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Count me in. Will have lots of free time and little money, as I just quit my job to stay at home with DS. It sounds like fun. we are in Bay Ridge but taking the subway into city would be fine. Any ideas on where you would like to have meet?

scottny
06-14-2007, 07:02 PM
well i live in NYC so let me know

MUFFYCAT
06-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Not sure when would be a good time to do this, but I figured the perfect place to meet might be Alfredo's of Rome (http://www.alfredos.com/) in Rockefeller Center, the same restaurant which is located in Epcot's Italy pavilion!
Might have to swing by the World of Disney store after that and get some Mickey chocolate ...

This is sad. I work at Rockefeller Center and never knew that. :sad2:

QuantumSheep
06-15-2007, 11:02 AM

Ha ha ha ... well, you learn something new everyday! It's kind of off to the side of Rockefeller Center, if that's any consolation ... 49th Street between 5th & 6th. It's kind of surreal eating at an Alfredo's in the middle of NYC ... !

So, is a dinner sometime in July in order?

:stir:

MUFFYCAT
06-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Ha ha ha ... well, you learn something new everyday! It's kind of off to the side of Rockefeller Center, if that's any consolation ... 49th Street between 5th & 6th. It's kind of surreal eating at an Alfredo's in the middle of NYC ... !

So, is a dinner sometime in July in order?

:stir:

We'll be in Lake George during July.

Roxy217
06-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Alfredo's of Rome is a great place to meet! We were just there at Christmas time. The is a room downstairs that can accomidate a nice size group.:grouphug: Please let me know when this may take place.

GOVAC24
06-21-2007, 08:57 PM
We're from Orange County NY & would love to come! Let us know when!:goodvibes

QuantumSheep
06-22-2007, 08:28 AM
Will do! From what I'm hearing on here, it's looking like one day in August, hopefully a nice balmy Saturday or Sunday ... :smickey: Anyone have any preferences this far out?

Roxy217
06-28-2007, 08:00 AM
If you can pick a date that doesn't fall into our vacation, that would be great. If majority rules, maybe we can catch you next time:goodvibes

KatGarcia
06-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Count me in. Will have lots of free time and little money, as I just quit my job to stay at home with DS. It sounds like fun. we are in Bay Ridge but taking the subway into city would be fine. Any ideas on where you would like to have meet?
I live in Bay Ridge too! Nice to know there are other DISers nearby!

This ia a GREAT idea and i have been trying to get one organized for a while- i'd love to help you plan it fi you need any help!!!!!

My husband works in Rock Center too! What a small world, even on the DIS!

KatGarcia
07-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Bumpity-Bump-Bump!

cinderella73
07-02-2007, 05:25 PM
I am about a hour and 15 mins away. But I go into the city a lot . I would love to go myself. Sounds like fun. And I havent been in the disney store in NYc in over a year. I would love to go back!

Simbee3
07-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Well I live on the Lower East Side and would love to meet up. Though we will be in WDW from August 22nd- September 8th. So just let me know what the plans are going to be.

QuantumSheep
07-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Well let's see ... personally I think Simbee3 should take all of us along to WDW and we'll have our meetup there!! :goofy:

But if that isn't an option, let's try to a Saturday or Sunday afternoon/evening in the first half of August (i.e. August 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, or 19) ... so what I need from all of you is to start posting your preferences -- which day(s), time preference (i.e. 2PM vs. 5PM), how many people you'll be bringing along, and so on. We'll try to have a day picked soon so we can make reservations!!

Can't wait to hear from everyone -- !
Scott

KatGarcia
07-16-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm good for whatever day in August...whatever is good for everyone else I will be there, its a mere train ride away. Our best bet would probably be to have an early dinner just so it isn't so busy, right? If any planning help is needed i'm here!

Roxy217
07-16-2007, 07:55 PM
We are going to WDW on the 14th so we would like to meet up before then. My son got a lot of cool things from THE DIS that he would like to share. Please let me know what day everyone plans to meet:cheer2:

disneypryncess
07-17-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm VERY interested, too!!! I live in Jersey but it's quick for me to get there & I've always wanted to go to Alfredo's!!! We should probably try & pick a date & time that the Disney store is definitely open so we can go there, too.

QuantumSheep
07-18-2007, 10:04 AM
Hi all! Well, it's nice to see some buzz on this forum!! So let's try this: I'll throw out a date and a time and see what kind of responses I get. How about:

Alfredo's of Rome - 4 W49th St. between 5th & 6th Avenues
Saturday, August 4 at 3:30pm

It's before the dinner crowd arrives, it should allow out-of-towners time to get in (and to get home!) and should let us walk up to the World of Disney store on 5th Avenue (before or afterwards).

Let me know how that sounds! Oh -- and if you plan on attending, let me know how many people will be with you!

scottny
07-18-2007, 10:16 AM
sounds good to me

KatGarcia
07-18-2007, 04:52 PM
I am IN!!! MY husband and I would love to come! The time sounds great!

disneypryncess
07-20-2007, 01:13 PM
I think I should be good but I'm going to double check the date!!!

QuantumSheep
07-25-2007, 08:26 AM
Well so far I have the following confirmations:

QuantumSheep - 1
scottny - 1
KatGarcia - 2
disneypryncess - 1

C'mon people, I know that more of you expressed an interest ... ! GOVAC24? Roxy217? cinderella73? Simbee3? TLinden16? tap & dap? RickinNYC? reggiemcp? MUFFYCAT? Where is everyone?

Let me know if you can attend!!

Alfredo's of Rome (http://www.alfredos.com) - 4 W49th St. between 5th & 6th Avenues

-QS

Simbee3
07-25-2007, 08:45 AM
:thumbsup2 I think that the date and time are great, I just need to double check with hubby as his birthday is two days after. He should be home in couple of hours.
Also, is anyone bringing their children? And are we planning on also going to the World of Disney NYC?

This sounds great.

And is the menu the same as it is in Epcot? Or is there anywhere on the web that I can find it?

Thanks sorry for all for all of the questions.

cinderella73
07-25-2007, 10:06 AM
I didnt realize that there was a decided on date. I really would LOVE to go. I love going into the city and would love to meet everyone. But Aug 4th might not work. :sad2: I am going to see what I can do but I am supposed to be helping a friend with her party that day. I am not ruling it out completly yet though. Gotta see what I can work out. It sounds like sooo much fun though! If I cant make it please take lots of pics so I can feel like I went. :guilty:

QuantumSheep
07-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Hi all! As far as children, I assumed this would be an "anyone welcome" lunch/dinner ... any thoughts on that? I imagine that would make it easier for more people to go since people wouldn't have to find babysitters, etc ... let me ask all of you, would you be more in favor of children included or "adults only"?

Menus are indeed online at Alfredo's website: http://www.alfredos.com/menus/nylunchdinner.html

I am sure a trip to World of Disney would be in order after we eat!! :mickeybar

:thumbsup2 I think that the date and time are great, I just need to double check with hubby as his birthday is two days after. He should be home in couple of hours.
Also, is anyone bringing their children? And are we planning on also going to the World of Disney NYC?

This sounds great.

And is the menu the same as it is in Epcot? Or is there anywhere on the web that I can find it?

Thanks sorry for all for all of the questions.

Simbee3
07-27-2007, 09:13 AM
Well, I am offically in. Just waiting for the rest of the information.:cool1:

KatGarcia
07-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Hi all! As far as children, I assumed this would be an "anyone welcome" lunch/dinner ... any thoughts on that? I imagine that would make it easier for more people to go since people wouldn't have to find babysitters, etc ... let me ask all of you, would you be more in favor of children included or "adults only"?

Menus are indeed online at Alfredo's website: http://www.alfredos.com/menus/nylunchdinner.html

I am sure a trip to World of Disney would be in order after we eat!! :mickeybar

I def see no problems with people bringing their children! It would hopefully get more people to come out! So whats the count up to now?? Maybe another thread of the date and time would be helpful in getting more people?!

Simbee3
07-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Just wondering if there are any updates.

QuantumSheep
07-30-2007, 08:04 AM
Alfredo's of Rome (http://www.alfredos.com) - 4 W49th St. between 5th & 6th Avenues

Well, with Simbee3 on board, the tally looks like this:

More or less confirmed:
QuantumSheep - 1
scottny - 1
KatGarcia - 2
disneypryncess - 1
Simbee3 - 5? (I assume the whole family is coming?)

Not sure yet:
cinderella73

I'm going to make reservations today and I'll post the results. Maybe I'll try to make a reservation for 15 in case there are stragglers (and I can always reduce it later if necessary).

Anyone else? OVAC24? Roxy217? TLinden16? tap & dap? RickinNYC? reggiemcp? MUFFYCAT?

RickinNYC
07-30-2007, 08:49 AM

Well, with Simbee3 on board, the tally looks like this:

More or less confirmed:
QuantumSheep - 1
scottny - 1
KatGarcia - 2
disneypryncess - 1
Simbee3 - 5? (I assume the whole family is coming?)

Not sure yet:
cinderella73

I'm going to make reservations today and I'll post the results. Maybe I'll try to make a reservation for 15 in case there are stragglers (and I can always reduce it later if necessary).

Anyone else? OVAC24? Roxy217? TLinden16? tap & dap? RickinNYC? reggiemcp? MUFFYCAT?

So, it's this Saturday at 3:30pm at Alfredo's? Might be able to make it. Can someone confirm?

QuantumSheep
07-30-2007, 09:02 AM
Details for late lunch at Alfredo's of Rome, Rockefeller Center, New York City

Reservation for 8 CONFIRMED for Saturday, August 4 at 2:00pm
*** 2 slots left!! ***

OK everyone -- please note the time change!!! I made a reservation for 8 (that's 2 more than have confirmed so far), but the closest seating they had was at 2PM. There were absolutely no seatings available for any parties larger than 8 people so that's the best I could do.

Please let me know if this works for you!!

More or less confirmed:
QuantumSheep - 1
scottny - 1
KatGarcia - 2
disneypryncess - 1
Simbee3 - 1

Not sure yet:
cinderella73
RickinNYC

Anyone else? OVAC24? Roxy217? TLinden16? tap & dap? reggiemcp? MUFFYCAT?

RickinNYC
07-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Details for late lunch at Alfredo's of Rome, Rockefeller Center, New York City

Reservation for 8 CONFIRMED for Saturday, August 4 at 2:00pm
*** 2 slots left!! ***

OK everyone -- please note the time change!!! I made a reservation for 8 (that's 2 more than have confirmed so far), but the closest seating they had was at 2PM. There were absolutely no seatings available for any parties larger than 8 people so that's the best I could do.

Please let me know if this works for you!!

More or less confirmed:
QuantumSheep - 1
scottny - 1
KatGarcia - 2
disneypryncess - 1
Simbee3 - 1

Not sure yet:
cinderella73
RickinNYC

Anyone else? OVAC24? Roxy217? TLinden16? tap & dap? reggiemcp? MUFFYCAT?

Any idea what you all might be doing afterwards? I can likely meet you guys if you plan on going for a cocktail or to wander the streets or somethign.

KatGarcia
07-31-2007, 12:22 AM
Unfortunately we are going to have to bow out of lunch but we would love to meet up with you all at the Disney Store! If lunch is at 2pm then u'd prob be at the store around 330 or so right? we could set up meet #2 at the entrance to the store??? Any takers?

QuantumSheep
07-31-2007, 07:46 AM
I was just notified of an availability at 5PM on Saturday. Does this work better for more people? I already snagged the reservation so now I have both of them held (2 pm and 5 pm). There are options for wine or cocktails afterwards as well but maybe we can play that by ear.

So .... 5PM? Better? Do-able? Let me know your thoughts!
pluto:

QuantumSheep
08-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Hello all!

I have had a couple of people change their availability from "definitely" to "maybe" and I haven't heard from anyone regarding the choice of times (2pm vs. 5pm) in 2 days now ... since Saturday is only two days away and so many people are still up in the air, I'm going to go ahead and cancel both reservations if I don't hear from more people by the end of work (5pm Eastern Time) today -- after all, I don't want to be the only one who shows up for a reservation for 8 people!! :)

Still hope to hear from you -- and if not, we'll go for a different day, perhaps in September ...

Have a Disney Day!!

scottny
08-02-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm up for either. Maybe September would be better when it is not 90 degrees outside especially if we are going to walk up to the Disney store.

Simbee3
08-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Either one is fine with me. Just let me know.:thumbsup2

KatGarcia
08-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Hey maybe working on a date further ahead would work out better and get a better turn out??!! We could make a new post to "advertise" since there may eb some people from NJ or something that wanna go...i'll have to go thru my sub treads because I was on another thread trying to organize a date too, maybe we can combine our efforts and get a good party goin! If you need help with the posting or whatever let me know! I really can't wait to meet you all!!!

disneypryncess
08-02-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm sorry! I've been completely out of the loop on this! Work has been ridiculous. I guess that it might be better towards September but I am looking forward to it!!!

QuantumSheep
08-02-2007, 09:41 PM
OK everyone,

It sounds like this Saturday is not the best time for everyone ... no problem! We'll figure out a day in September when more people can come. Does anyone have days they definitely CAN'T do it? Let's try to pick a date early so everyone can set the time aside ...

Take care and I'll see you one of these days ... !

scottny
08-02-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm open so just let me know.

QuantumSheep
08-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Hi all!

OK, gonna throw a date out here & just see what happens ... how many would be interested in a get-together at Alfredo of Rome (http://www.alfredos.com/) in Rockefeller Center on Saturday, September 15, followed perhaps by a trek up to World of Disney?

Let me know!
Scott

scottny
08-07-2007, 08:22 AM
sounds good to me.

TwitterMouse
08-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Cool! I'm up for that :)
Just gotta double check that I can go, but I'm fairly sure I can.

QuantumSheep
08-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Hi all --

Saturday September 15 is three weeks away -- does anyone have any ideas about this, i.e. can you definitely go, can you definitely not go, is another date better for you, and so on? I'd really love to make something happen --

Take care and have a great day!
Scott

scottny
08-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Hi all --

Saturday September 15 is three weeks away -- does anyone have any ideas about this, i.e. can you definitely go, can you definitely not go, is another date better for you, and so on? I'd really love to make something happen --

Take care and have a great day!
Scott

I can go, just let me know.

disneypryncess
08-27-2007, 05:56 PM
I can't go that weekend! It's my b-day & my friends are taking me to CT for the weekend to hang out & see a comedian!

KatGarcia
08-27-2007, 08:47 PM
So what is the latest idea? If not the 15th, how about the 22nd??

KimAshton
09-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Oh I just found this thread and I would love to do the 22nd. Unfornately I have plans with my college roommate on the 15th. I have to subscribe to this thread so I don't forget about it.

Northern NJ here. If I drive into the city early enough I can get there in 30 minutes.

scottny
09-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Either is fine by me.

Any Sunday is out for me.

scottny
10-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Well I guess September did not work out. Is anyone up for October/early November meet?

I was thinking 10/27 or 11/03. Or any dates really. let's see if we can get a group together and meet.

KimAshton
10-09-2007, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE=scottny;21174074]Well I guess September did not work out. Is anyone up for October/early November meet?

I was thinking 10/27 or 11/03. Or any dates really. let's see if we can get a group together and meet.[/QUOTE

Any of those dates work for me.

RachelTori
10-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Hmmmm - seems like y'all are having a bit of trouble coming up with a date for the meet. Might be easier if you all planned to meet at WDW!! :lmao: (JK!) I grew up just across the GW bridge and would love to plan a trip back "home" when you set the date! :)

scottny
10-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Hmmmm - seems like y'all are having a bit of trouble coming up with a date for the meet. Might be easier if you all planned to meet at WDW!! :lmao: (JK!) I grew up just across the GW bridge and would love to plan a trip back "home" when you set the date! :)

:laughing: that is true. Ok january 20th at AK. I am booked and my trip is paid off already so i am set.
Not many people want to meet. We could do a small group. Let's see what happens.

RachelTori
10-10-2007, 02:30 PM
:laughing: that is true. Ok january 20th at AK. I am booked and my trip is paid off already so i am set.
Not many people want to meet. We could do a small group. Let's see what happens.

Well, darn! I don't arrive until January 26th. (1/26-2/1 SSR & AKV)

scottny
10-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Well, darn! I don't arrive until January 26th. (1/26-2/1 SSR & AKV)

well I will look for you. we are down there till the 28th.

RachelTori
10-10-2007, 05:04 PM
well I will look for you. we are down there till the 28th.

Sounds good! I'll look for you too! :)