just wondering how your friend was?
Did everything go ok?

PrincessNancy96
06-06-2007, 07:15 AM
Ditto.. How did things go for her?

BernardandMissBianca
06-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Sorry I forgot to post.
The surgery went well. He did cut her open (like a c-section) to root around and found no major problems other than her uterus. So he took only that. She had the surgery on Friday and came home on Sunday.
She is in a lot of pain though. She has staples and stitches so getting up and down is tough. I did not talk to her Mon or Tues because she is pretty tired. I'm going to give her a call later this morning.
The place she is renting was foreclosed last week but she was able to talk to the bank and is now paying them rent until she is better. I am so glad they are working with her. They didn't have to but after explaining her health issues they agreed to let her stay for the summer.

I told her I asked for prayers here and she said I was nuts! :rotfl2:

Thanks for all your well wishes!!

maria34a
06-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Wow, that's cool that the bank is working with her! I can't imagine renting a place and paying my rent on time and everything then finding out that I have to vacate because it went for forclosure!!! YIKES!!! She must have FREAKED!!! Tell the bank we all love them!!!! :thumbsup2

BernardandMissBianca
06-06-2007, 09:03 AM
And to boot the lady that owned the property asked for rent $$ about 3 weeks ago. My BFF was like um no. Then the owner tried to show it (to sell) last Monday, the forecloser was final on Wed.

BFF and her DH tried to buy it but the owner was firm on the price even though the dishwasher was broken, the cabinet doors were falling off, etc. BFF's DH is a handy man by trade so he was fixing things as he went but she was still being a pain about price. The DH's sister is a realtor so she was helping them get the papers in order to buy but the owner was such a brat (really an other b word) they said forget it, we'll buy it at auction for 1/2 the price.
It's a trailer near the airport so it's not like it's a hot property ya know.

kaddjr
06-06-2007, 09:21 PM
And to boot the lady that owned the property asked for rent $$ about 3 weeks ago. My BFF was like um no. Then the owner tried to show it (to sell) last Monday, the forecloser was final on Wed.

Foreclosure takes a little while, doesn't it?

DH and I had a gem of a landlord like your friend's when we were first married. DH had to go to Myrtle Beach on business, so I tagged along with him. He was supposed to be there for the weekend only, but due to some complications, we were there the following week also. My sister had called (she lived/worked with/for us at the time) early in the week to say that the landlord had stopped by asking for rent (about a week and a half early). This person claimed they were going on an extended trip. When DSis told the landlord we were away on business, this person asked my DSis for the money! THEN the landlord asked if DSis had access to our personal checks and if so, could DSis just go ahead and write them the check?!!!!:scared1: I told DSis that I would overnight the check. Well, I kinda put it off (strange feeling about it all) and that Thursday, I called DSis to tell her we were coming home the next day, so I would just call the landlord to let them know that I would just give it to them when we got home. DSis told me that there had been a couple of men at the house and they had informed her that the landlord was losing the house as of the following Monday. They left a phone number to call them when we got home. DH called the landlord right after I got off the phone- yep, landlord was losing the house. I can't remember the exact reason, but it had something to do with a court case and zoning, but not foreclosure. We found out that we had until Monday to either get out or sign a new lease with the new landlord. I called DSis back and told her to start packing (we were moving when the lease was up a month later anyway). We arrived home at 7:30 pm on Friday night and closed the door on the house for the last time at approximately midnight Sunday night!:eek: Everything went into storage until we found a new place, btw.

Oh, and to add insult to injury, the landlord asked if they could put their appliances in OUR storage!!! Uh, I don't think so! They wouldn't have fit (storage was FULL) and even if they could, do you really think I want to do you any favors after you tried to RIP US OFF??

BernardandMissBianca
06-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Oh, and to add insult to injury, the landlord asked if they could put their appliances in OUR storage!!! Uh, I don't think so! They wouldn't have fit (storage was FULL) and even if they could, do you really think I want to do you any favors after you tried to RIP US OFF??

Yep!! Same thing here! They were still asking for money thinking the bank and lawyers were not keeping BFF informed.

Foreclosure does take a bit of time so she has obviously taking the money and running with it. Apparently the landlords had left some stuff in the shed that they wanted out. Pulled up in a brand new SUV. :rolleyes: After coming back after vacation to FL.

Talked to BFF today. She is feeling much better and sounded rested alert, not groggy. She wonders why anyone would opt for an elective c-section though. She hurts! Her DH was making her laugh last night and she was in so much pain.
She also said that her skin already looks better. The last few years her skin has been really dead looking and dry and ashy. She said when she when she got out of the shower today she didn't even have to put lotion on.
I hope she continues to do well.

Lisa
06-07-2007, 05:31 AM
Sending PD for your friend. She certainly has enough to think about as she recovers, she doesn't need the problems her landlord is causing on top of it.

ddavis860
06-07-2007, 05:48 AM
It just amazes me how unethical people are! It is probably a good thing that your friend isn't buying that property. Something better is coming for her. As for the owner, what goes around, comes around...she will get it in the end. Karma is a powerful thing!

Lots of :tink: PD for your friend's continued good recovery.

kaddjr
06-07-2007, 06:49 AM
Yep!! Same thing here! They were still asking for money thinking the bank and lawyers were not keeping BFF informed.

Foreclosure does take a bit of time so she has obviously taking the money and running with it. Apparently the landlords had left some stuff in the shed that they wanted out. Pulled up in a brand new SUV. :rolleyes: After coming back after vacation to FL.

Talked to BFF today. She is feeling much better and sounded rested alert, not groggy. She wonders why anyone would opt for an elective c-section though. She hurts! Her DH was making her laugh last night and she was in so much pain.
She also said that her skin already looks better. The last few years her skin has been really dead looking and dry and ashy. She said when she when she got out of the shower today she didn't even have to put lotion on.
I hope she continues to do well.

It's really sad that some people are just so dishonest.:sad2:

Sounds like your friend is on the road to recovery- I hope she continues to do well.:)

BernardandMissBianca
07-12-2007, 10:30 PM
BFF had her follow up apt today. Everything is wonderful, she goes back to the GYN in a year. She has never gone longer than 4 months without seeing him. So that seems weird to her.
They biopsied her uterus and I don't know know how to pronounce it but it's a huge word!!! Basically endometriosis grows on the outside of your uterus, well hers was on the inside. Which can never be diagnosed without a hysterectomy. He suspected this was what it was but didn't know for sure.
He then told her if she had not done the surgery the only way to stay not pain free but have tolerable pain was to perform a D & C every other month for the foreseeable future.
All of her female problems have been connected to contracting HPV at age 19, and getting early onset Cervical Cancer because of it. That was the longest 2 years of our lives. DH and I were stationed in Hawaii when she got the news, it was tough not being there for her.
With everything that has happened, the DR is amazed that she had 2 babies go to term.

SO I am stepping on my soap box now! Please if you have a daughter, consider getting the HPV vaccine!!! Talk to your DR to see if it is a good course of action for you to take. It could save her from going through what BFF went through.
BFF does not frequent this board but does know I am telling people. I will keep her name private but if she can help save 1 girl from going through this I have her blessing to tell her story.

Thanks again for asking about her and listening to her story. She was truly touched by the outpouring of well wishes from people she doesn't even know.

party of 3
07-13-2007, 04:42 AM
thanks so much for the update! i'm sure she's thrilled to not have to see him for a year!!!!!! i know for me once a year is ENOUGH!!!!

PrincessNancy96
07-13-2007, 05:39 AM
Thanks for the updated.. We have that visit scheduled on Monday for DD already! DD is not happy...but I explained the possible outcomes... and read her abit of what you had posted about your BFF..and she said that option 1 was better than option 2...

Faerie
07-13-2007, 07:33 AM
As a sufferer of endometriosis I feel for your BFF. It can be a miserable existence and I'm in search of a new doctor because my current one isn't taking my concerns seriously enough for my taste.

I hope your friend is feeling better Buffy. That's major surgery to go through but I"m sure she's glad they found the root of the problem.

BernardandMissBianca
07-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the updated.. We have that visit scheduled on Monday for DD already! DD is not happy...but I explained the possible outcomes... and read her abit of what you had posted about your BFF..and she said that option 1 was better than option 2...

uh yeah. If she refuses tell her Auntie Buffy will come down there and take her to the DR myself.

PrincessNancy96
07-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Monday afternoon at 2:20.. be on standby because if she gives me grief she can talk to you.. I'll tie her to the sit and drive while you lecturer her!!!
She talked to me more about it today and asked why it wasn't an option for me growing up.. I told her that it took some ladies unfortunately dealing w/ the issue to take it serious enough to do research..and that because of this research they are hoping they can prevent occurances of this.. and that if she needed a support system I had a dozen or so mommies on the DIS that would let her know WE are doing the right thing!

New England Eeyore
07-13-2007, 07:59 PM
I'm so glad your friend is doing well, Buffy!

I've been on the soapbox about the vaccine ever since it came out. Most people don't realize how prevalent HPV is - the CDC estimates that as many as 50% of women (and men) will have the virus at some point in their lives. It is THE most easily spread STD - not even condoms are likely to prevent it. The vaccine is not effective for all forms of HPV but when you're talking about such serious possible effects, it's a no-brainer.