PDA

View Full Version : Boston Meet in Sept/Oct Poll.....We have a date...Sept 23!

goofy4tink
06-06-2007, 05:17 AM
Okay New Englanders....we're heading back to Boston. It's been awhile since we invaded, we think it's time to go again. Thinking about doing a group Duck Tour and then Fire and Ice..or vice versa.
While I'm not the planner on this one, I did offer to get the poll up and running this morning. So....check out your calenders and see what days fit best and then vote. We'll grab the day that works best for the most people.
One other thing...since we have to pay up front to get a group rate/booking for the Duck Tour, we are going to have to ask for payment in advance...so figure that in also. We'll have more details to follow as soon as we get a feel for who can go when.
Thanks!!

Editing to add.....our date is Sunday, Sept 23. Let us know who can make it so we can get a list going. I'm going to start a new thread for this.

travelin' tigger
06-06-2007, 07:34 AM
I voted for Sept. 30 as my other weekends are busy. Also, October 6 & 7 are Columbus Day weekend - didn't know if a lot of people go away that weekend.

Never done the Duck Tour before!!! :goodvibes

TLinden16
06-06-2007, 07:46 AM
The October dates are out for me, as I will be in Disneyland then.

One thing to factor in. Fire & Ice is about $5 cheaper per person if you go on a Saturday as opposed to a Sunday. Saturday lunch is around $10 per person, and Sunday brunch is around $15 or 16 per person. Doesn't make a difference for me, as I am just paying for myself, but I know it makes a difference to people on a budget, especially since the duck tours will also run us in the $27 for adults for under 20 people, and $23 for over 20 people.

Alicnwondrln
06-06-2007, 08:16 AM
I dont know I dont like to go into Boston if I dont have to and I am not as close. I did have a blast meeting everyone at the rainforest meet in burlington a couple years ago though. HMMMM

magiroux
06-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Hi guys :wave2:

Thanks for setting up the poll, Di.

Duck Tours and a bunch of crazy New England DISers :crazy: ...can't think of a better way to spend a day :thumbsup2

We have been talking about doing this one for a while and I would love to have it happen. We always have a blast at these meets and the more the merrier, so don't be shy....

This is the scoop on Duck Tours...

Over 20 people can be booked at group rate of $23/adult, $17/ age 3-11, $5/under 3 - these can book early so if we have the participants, I would advice booking as soon as a date is set and payment is settled

Under 20 can be booked on-line 5 days in advance $27/adult, $18/age 3-11, $5/under 3, plus a $3.50 per ticket surcharge 5 days in advance.

Soooo, if we get a group of 20 or more we can try to arrange the group rate. This would need to be done ASAP since they say popular dates (read: weekends) can sell out very early.

...or, we can book on-line 5 days in advance.

Another option is to "rent a duck" for $805 which includes 5% BSTS (tourist tax) & 10% gratuity. A duck holds a max of 32 people.

I will make the arrangements for whatever works for the group. Like Goofy4tink said the Duck Tours would require payment up front since they need to be reserved in advance and it is NON-REFUNDABLE. This may make people uneasy to give money to a total stranger, but I assure you I am trustworthy and have been a part of this community for quite some time. And anyways, there are those here who know where I live :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Since this could be a costly day I think it is nice that people have an option to just do the Duck Tour or just attend Fire & Ice for a meal, or both.

TLinden16
06-06-2007, 09:54 AM
I will make the arrangements for whatever works for the group. Like Goofy4tink said the Duck Tours would require payment up front since they need to be reserved in advance and it is NON-REFUNDABLE. This may make people uneasy to give money to a total stranger, but I assure you I am trustworthy and have been a part of this community for quite some time. And anyways, there are those here who know where I live :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

And if it makes people feel better, I know Mary Ann, and trust her. And I'm sure Goofy4Tink will vouch for her as well. So, while the DIS takes no responsibility for advance payments on meets, you have two moderators who vouch for this person.

Oh, and Mary Ann, I believe the ducks only hold 32. If we rented a boat, and had a full boat, it would be $25 per person.

kaytieeldr
06-06-2007, 10:51 AM
And if it makes people feel better, I know Mary Ann, and trust her. And I'm sure Goofy4Tink will vouch for her as well. So, while the DIS takes no responsibility for advance payments on meets, you have two moderators who vouch for this person.

Oh, and Mary Ann, I believe the ducks only hold 32. If we rented a boat, and had a full boat, it would be $25 per person.

Ah, but who’s going to vouch for goofy4tink? :umbrella:

This meet simply cannot occur any time between September 22 and September 29. I said so :teeth:

Because I like calculating (okay, fine, I like Excel :)), let's see how this transfers:

32 people = $25.16 each
31 people = $25.97 each
30 people = $26.83 each
29 people = $27.76 each
28 people = $28.75 each
27 people = $29.81 each
26 people = $30.96 each
25 people = $32.20 each
24 people = $33.54 each
23 people = $35.00 each
22 people = $36.59 each
21 people = $38.33 each
20 people = $40.25 each
19 people = $42.37 each
18 people = $44.72 each
17 people = $47.35 each
16 people = $50.31 each
15 people = $53.67 each
14 people = $57.50 each
13 people = $61.92 each
12 people = $67.08 each
11 people = $73.18 each
10 people = $80.50 each

If we/you all do Rent A Duck, it makes sense to me (but probably not to the parents here :)) to split the cost evenly.

goofy4tink
06-06-2007, 11:00 AM

:p

magiroux
06-06-2007, 12:25 PM

Thanks for the correction, Karen. Seems like today I can't tell the difference between a 2 and a 5. Hmmm, wonder why :scratchin :rolleyes1

magiroux
06-06-2007, 12:41 PM

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I agree, if we were to rent an entire duck, just for the sake of logistics and less headaches for me, I would rather split it evenly per seat. Heck, I'll tell ya what - If it works out that we can swing a full duck I will foot the bill for the extra $50.00 to have them pick us up in front of Fire & Ice :cool1:

What say you?? pirate: pirate:

TLinden16
06-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Heck, I'll tell ya what - If it works out that we can swing a full duck I will foot the bill for the extra $50.00 to have them pick us up in front of Fire & Ice :cool1:

It's only about a five minute walk from Fire and Ice to the duck tour departure point.

magiroux
06-06-2007, 01:15 PM
It's only about a five minute walk from Fire and Ice to the duck tour departure point.

Oh, then that would be silly wouldn't it? (not to mention a waste)

Nevermind:rolleyes1

maine_jennifer
06-06-2007, 01:33 PM
I went ahead and voted for my dates. I'm in WDW 21-26 so that's out. Sundays really aren't good for me, either.

Depending on how freaky my family is, I may be able to get 2 to 12 more people to join. They can't plan this far out though. :(

Cheers!

Jennifer

MEG&MINNIE
06-06-2007, 08:03 PM
So far any of the dates look good at this point for me and dd:thumbsup2 . Just pick a date and we'd love to go !
We went on a Duck Tour last summer and had a great time ...our tour guide "The Cowgirl" was comical and full of info! She also let the kids have a try at driving the boat for a while in The Charles River ! Hoping for a sunny day !:thumbsup2

magiroux
06-06-2007, 10:04 PM
So far any of the dates look good at this point for me and dd:thumbsup2 . Just pick a date and we'd love to go !
We went on a Duck Tour last summer and had a great time ...our tour guide "The Cowgirl" was comical and full of info! She also let the kids have a try at driving the boat for a while in The Charles River ! Hoping for a sunny day !:thumbsup2

We had the "Viking", but when I saw John Lennon drive by us, I have to admit, I wished he was our conDUCKtor :hippie: :hippie: :rotfl:

CamColt
06-07-2007, 12:23 PM

I don't know??? Would you trust someone who looks (and drinks) like this? :rotfl2:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid223/p8d00304589f30848302a758e8749d3f4/eb1030f6.jpg

CamColt
06-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Ok, once again I am going to be no good in helping to pick a date. ;)

Those dates have us back into soccer season (can we finish it up first? ;)), so all I can really say is a Sunday would work better for me.

magiroux
06-07-2007, 12:44 PM
I don't know??? Would you trust someone who looks (and drinks) like this? :rotfl2:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid223/p8d00304589f30848302a758e8749d3f4/eb1030f6.jpg

Now come on, I think that is a lovely, honest looking gal :lmao:

OK, everyone, sing along with me now.....

"I'm so pretty, oh so pretty...." :dance3: (where the heck did I put that darn singing spoon anyway)

goofy4tink
06-07-2007, 01:51 PM

Now, that is funny. Oh how well I remember the night. Miss MaryAnn, so inebriated that she was just 'flat out' sozzled!! What a night.
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I loved brunch at Fire and Ice....perhaps we should narrow it down to brunch days!!! Yummmmmm!

newholidayx2
06-07-2007, 02:08 PM
I would be interested but I do NOT drive into Boston - could I meet up w/anyone for a ride? (willing to share gas, tolls, etc)

CamColt
06-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Now, that is funny. Oh how well I remember the night. Miss MaryAnn, so inebriated that she was just 'flat out' sozzled!! What a night.
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I loved brunch at Fire and Ice....perhaps we should narrow it down to brunch days!!! Yummmmmm!

ROFL! Yes, and if I recall correctly she spilled some drinks and even ended up on the floor! :rolleyes1

goofy4tink
06-07-2007, 05:36 PM
ROFL! Yes, and if I recall correctly she spilled some drinks and even ended up on the floor! :rolleyes1

Quite frankly, I was very embarrassed to be seen with her. She started dancing with complete strangers...you remember, those religious women?? She was not well behaved!!!
But, she has been pretty well-behaved in other situations. I think maybe she was just feeling a bit flat and sort of blah that night, so perhaps imbibed a wee bit too much. I mean, really, two bottles of beer at once??

magiroux
06-07-2007, 08:59 PM

Quite frankly, I was very embarrassed to be seen with her. She started dancing with complete strangers...you remember, those religious women?? She was not well behaved!!!
But, she has been pretty well-behaved in other situations. I think maybe she was just feeling a bit flat and sort of blah that night, so perhaps imbibed a wee bit too much. I mean, really, two bottles of beer at once??

Hardy-har-ha.....Is everyone having fun??? (at Flat Mary Ann's expense) :rolleyes1

Funny how I just don't recall any of these things you all speak of :confused3

Will I ever be allowed in JellyRolls again?

...or, better yet, is there a mugshot of me at the entrance of every park???? :rotfl:

yearbook50
06-07-2007, 09:58 PM
As long as a date is picked by mid August, I will be able to come :D

Only time that isn't good for me is Oct 13/14 since I'll be in Disney.

momrek06
06-07-2007, 10:30 PM
I would be interested but I do NOT drive into Boston - could I meet up w/anyone for a ride? (willing to share gas, tolls, etc)

I am with you "new", us Central MA girls do NOT drive to Boston!!! :rotfl2:

But I am subscribing to this thread anyway! I did not vote on a day as I work most weekends. I will wait and see what the majority votes! :yay:

kaytieeldr
06-08-2007, 05:22 AM
Oh, well, then okay - I suggest an alternative. A Friday evening, 5 PM or later? Not that I'm being self-serving or anything, but I'll already be IN town, and this way I won't have to go home until traffic dissipates :teeth:

goofy4tink
06-08-2007, 06:31 AM
Hardy-har-ha.....Is everyone having fun??? (at Flat Mary Ann's expense) :rolleyes1

Funny how I just don't recall any of these things you all speak of :confused3

Will I ever be allowed in JellyRolls again?

...or, better yet, is there a mugshot of me at the entrance of every park???? :rotfl:

Geez...look at your face MaryAnn...does it surprise you that you remember nothing??!!!
But, I think you'll be safe by Dec....you seem to have 'plumped' out a bit, and don't have that pasty white skin anymore. I think you can get in anywhere. Just tell them 'Karen from Boston sent me'!!!

Hey Ronda...Friday nights??? I know I can't be there on a Friday night, but if it works for others so be it.

magiroux
06-08-2007, 09:24 AM

I'm pretty sure I already have a full vehicle with people (and Jerry :rotfl: ), like yourself, who do not drive in Boston. Why doesn't anyone like driving in Boston - weekends especially are a breeze :confused3 When the final count is in with the number of kids going, I will know better. If there is a seat still I would be more than happy to add you to the bus :thumbsup2

As long as a date is picked by mid August, I will be able to come :D

Only time that isn't good for me is Oct 13/14 since I'll be in Disney.

Well, hopefully we will have 20 people and have everything will be reserved by August :banana:

Oh, well, then okay - I suggest an alternative. A Friday evening, 5 PM or later? Not that I'm being self-serving or anything, but I'll already be IN town, and this way I won't have to go home until traffic dissipates :teeth:

Fridays are no good for me either.

I am with you "new", us Central MA girls do NOT drive to Boston!!! :rotfl2:

But I am subscribing to this thread anyway! I did not vote on a day as I work most weekends. I will wait and see what the majority votes! :yay:

I hope it works out for a weekend you can make. Why is Central Mass so intimidated by Boston :goodvibes. As long as you understand the rules (red lights and stop signs are just a suggestion, and yellow lights mean "pedal to the metal" folks) you really are fine ;) .

Geez...look at your face MaryAnn...does it surprise you that you remember nothing??!!!
But, I think you'll be safe by Dec....you seem to have 'plumped' out a bit, and don't have that pasty white skin anymore. I think you can get in anywhere. Just tell them 'Karen from Boston sent me'!!!

You know, I just may have to make the trip to Jelly Rolls this December in an effort to defend/redeem myself

OK, a little background on Flat Mary Ann. I could not make it Karen's infamous JellyRolls Meet last year, so my most thoughtful friends came up with a way to sneak me in their luggage. Although, I did hear that someone left me on top of their frig back in Boston :sad2: (didn't think I knew about that, did ya?) By all accounts, I am a falling down, slobbering, no class, two fisted Drunk. Hey, what are friends for?:grouphug:

So, the moral of the story, you better come to the Boston meet or we will make Flat DISers in your image and do compromising things and then post them on the internet for all to see...no pressure, though :rotfl:

yearbook50
06-08-2007, 09:29 AM
I get away with not driving in Boston with driving into Elewife and just taking the T in b/c this southern transplant can not handle Boston drivers.

TLinden16
06-08-2007, 10:39 AM
I have more pictures of paper plate Mary Ann that I can post this weekend. She is such a lush.

Diane squealed about me leaving the original Paper Plate Mary Ann on my fridge! I think it's still there.

SeaSpray
06-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Hi everyone! :wave2:

YAY, Count us in! DH and I have never done a Duck Tour before, so that'll be something new... and we're always up for brunch at Fire & Ice.

I didn't vote because any of those Sundays would work for us, as our schedules stand right now :)

P.S. Thanks Mary Ann for letting me know about this! :sunny:

goofy4tink
06-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Okay guys....Sept 22 looks to be the most popular date. I think we'll post a final date by the end of this week so people can plan accordingly. Stay tuned. Spread the word to others who may be interested.

kaytieeldr
06-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Popular, shmopular. It's fixed, I know it is. The election is rigged. I'm not going to BE here on September 22, and I'm taking the decision personally. So there. :tongue:

TLinden16
06-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Popular, shmopular. It's fixed, I know it is. The election is rigged. I'm not going to BE here on September 22, and I'm taking the decision personally. So there. :tongue:

The only dates you were available are the ones I'm not available for--I'll be in Disneyland!

burberryplaid
06-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Hi all!

I just stumbled upon this thread and thought I'd pop in. I might be interested in joining if there is room for one more. I live just south of Boston and on the T so getting there is no problem. We are back from Disney on 9/10 so any date posted would be ok with me. I'm anxious to make some new friends on the Dis since I have yet to really make any.. I'll be looking forward to more details...

magiroux
06-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Hi everyone! :wave2:

YAY, Count us in! DH and I have never done a Duck Tour before, so that'll be something new... and we're always up for brunch at Fire & Ice.

I didn't vote because any of those Sundays would work for us, as our schedules stand right now :)

P.S. Thanks Mary Ann for letting me know about this! :sunny:

Your welcome, Terry. It would be nice to meet up with you & DH again. BTW, the 22nd is a Saturday...hope this still works for you guys

Awww, don't take it personally. :flower3: I am sure there will be other meets real soon. Hey, there is even one next Sunday at CLP...c'mon down (or up, as it were)

Hi all!

I just stumbled upon this thread and thought I'd pop in. I might be interested in joining if there is room for one more. I live just south of Boston and on the T so getting there is no problem. We are back from Disney on 9/10 so any date posted would be ok with me. I'm anxious to make some new friends on the Dis since I have yet to really make any.. I'll be looking forward to more details...

There's always room for more :thumbsup2 . Glad you want to join us.

SeaSpray
06-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Your welcome, Terry. It would be nice to meet up with you & DH again. BTW, the 22nd is a Saturday...hope this still works for you guys

Saturday works for us, too...although I LOVE the Sunday Brunch at Fire & Ice. But lunch or dinner there is fine, too. Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the Boston Bunch again! :grouphug:

Hi Karen, Hi Diane! :wave2:

goofy4tink
06-12-2007, 07:34 PM

Ahhh, Ronda, there is always the Canobie Lake Park meet......

The only dates you were available are the ones I'm not available for--I'll be in Disneyland!

Don't try to make us feel badly for you...it just isn't going to work!!

Saturday works for us, too...although I LOVE the Sunday Brunch at Fire & Ice. But lunch or dinner there is fine, too. Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the Boston Bunch again! :grouphug:

Hi Karen, Hi Diane! :wave2:

Hi Terry!!!!! So glad you're going to try and be there....always good to see you guys!! Have to say that I also love the brunch at Fire and Ice....sure do wish more could be there on Sunday, the 23rd...come on people....can't any of you make it on the 23rd???

CamColt
06-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Hi Terry!!!!! So glad you're going to try and be there....always good to see you guys!! Have to say that I also love the brunch at Fire and Ice....sure do wish more could be there on Sunday, the 23rd...come on people....can't any of you make it on the 23rd???

I didnt vote, but Sundays work best for me.

TLinden16
06-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Saturday's work better for me because my train only runs every three hours on Sunday, and I have no access to bus service :(

TLinden16
06-13-2007, 09:18 PM
OK, here is some more adventures of Paper Plate Mary Ann:

Here she is getting Mickey-fied with Camcolt and Goofy4Tink
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid221/p148b6a6d91fd98f4e9666cf6b6baffe5/eb7f0fea.jpg

She begged me to take a picture of her with her favorite piano player Christian right after she put a $100 tip and her room key on his piano

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid221/p0d31b01f7483960f2601e46dd213a7e7/eb7f0fac.jpg

Goofy4Tink sang a song (I think it was a Billy Joel song) to Paper Plate Mary Ann
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid221/p473b7d2727ebb66bbe64077c851da8dd/eb7f0fa9.jpg

Paper Plate Mary Ann even did the Unicorn Dance
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid221/p2e41470ab15f8826e56d4bcb4e5119c3/eb7f0d30.jpg

Paper Plate Mary Ann just can't hold her liquor
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid221/pb7de7e4ee9ce3fbd65e93094ac0edd82/eb7f0ef5.jpg

goofy4tink
06-15-2007, 05:24 AM
Allrighty then people.....we've been hearing a lot of noise for Sunday's brunch. And since Miss Karen felt compelled to post those dubious photos of me and flat Mary Ann, fluffed out Mary Ann and I have decided to go with Sunday, Sept 23...just to make life difficult for Miss JR!!
So....we'll be posting a new thread later today to let everyone know of the date. Hope a lot of you can make it on that day!!!

magiroux
06-15-2007, 06:28 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

The Sunday Brunch WAS quite delicious - and now it will "officially" be a Fall Boston DIS Meet :goodvibes

magiroux
06-15-2007, 06:32 AM
Goofy4Tink sang a song (I think it was a Billy Joel song) to Paper Plate Mary Ann
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid221/p473b7d2727ebb66bbe64077c851da8dd/eb7f0fa9.jpg

BTW, before we lock up this thread, been meaning to comment.......

After viewing this photo, I don't think PP Mary Ann is the ONLY one who can not hold her liquor :rotfl2::rotfl2: :rotfl2:

TLinden16
06-15-2007, 07:12 AM
I'm busy on Sept. 23. That's my laundry day.

goofy4tink
06-15-2007, 07:56 AM
BTW, before we lock up this thread, been meaning to comment.......

After viewing this photo, I don't think PP Mary Ann is the ONLY one who can not hold her liquor :rotfl2::rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I know...isn't a shame about poor Danny!!!

I'm busy on Sept. 23. That's my laundry day.
Yeah, I forgot, that's my hairwashing day!!!! Get over it!

Sunday, Sept 23 is herewith, officially designated as the Boston DIS Fall Meet day!!!