PDA

View Full Version : Pray for good busting waves...

KAMommy
06-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Okay, we are supposed to leave Friday morning...and DH and I spent the morning in the ER. He has his first ever kidney stone. It is about half-way out and is stuck (the urologist looked at the xray and said - I quote - that's not gonna come out). So, tomorrow morning we go have the procedure where they bust the stone up. The doctor said he should be fine to go, assuming this works, which it almost always does.

Anyway, right now we are just hoping it will sit still, because as long as it is lodged, he doesn't hurt much. Wish us pixie dust...PLEASE. Not only do I not want him to hurt, but I want to leave on time!!!!

New England Eeyore
06-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Prayers and Pixie Dust!!

That procedure does work very well - good luck tomorrow!

kaylajr
06-04-2007, 08:40 PM
:wizard: :wizard:
lots of good busting wave vibes headed your way:wizard:

PrincessNancy96
06-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Lot's of PixieDust to DH... Poor guy!!!

I'd like to hear his trip report on this subject... I could only imagine what he would come up with!!!

In all seriousness tell your DH that PN96's family is sending him lots and lots of PixieDUST!!!
BTW, you all have to come up to Indy soon.. The children's museum has a whole new permanent STAR WARS exhibit!!!! Yep, some guy donated it...
here is the article...http://childrensmuseum.org/pressrelease/archives/starwars_acquisition/press_2007_05-10.htm

Mickster
06-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Holy cow! pixiedust: to all of you. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. :hug:

BernardandMissBianca
06-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Pixie Dust to DH!!!

Permission to be a bit....um...uncouth KAMommy??? ;)

StitchIsOurHero
06-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Please, she hangs out with me. . .she's used to uncouth!!

You know I'm sending you much Pixie Dust!! I'm also available to come over and help drag his knocked out body into the car so we can hit the road on Friday!! ;)

BernardandMissBianca
06-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Please, she hangs out with me. . .she's used to uncouth!!

OK she can blame you then if DH gets mad. LOL

This is so bad, but at least he knows what childbirth is like now.

AlexWyattMommy
06-04-2007, 09:22 PM
PixieDust to your DH!!!

KAMommy
06-04-2007, 09:23 PM
OK she can blame you then if DH gets mad. LOL

This is so bad, but at least he knows what childbirth is like now.

THAT'S WHAT I TOLD HIM!!!!! :lmao:

Although SIOH said it best, she accused him of going to extremes to fit one more Cape May clam in!

Thanks for all the PD guys. I will let you know how things go tomorrow.

KAMommy
06-04-2007, 09:24 PM
You know I'm sending you much Pixie Dust!! I'm also available to come over and help drag his knocked out body into the car so we can hit the road on Friday!! ;)

I don't see why not! He has drugs.....and there are some good ones in my kitchen right now!

aroyer
06-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Ugh- lots and lots of pixie dust! pixiedust: I have had 3 kidney stones in my life- first one at age 16. They are NOT fun. After having 2 kids, I think that kidney stones are worse. Mine just usually knock me on my back for a few days and then after that I am usually ok.... so here's hoping that's how it is for him!!

BernardandMissBianca
06-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Although SIOH said it best, she accused him of going to extremes to fit one more Cape May clam in!

That's funny!!!

aprilvaca04
06-05-2007, 05:44 AM
Sorry to hear about your husband:sad2: Hope things work out well and you have a wonderful trip:thumbsup2

Lisa
06-05-2007, 06:15 AM
Pixie dust for his speedy recovery. And :grouphug: for you.

ddavis860
06-05-2007, 06:56 AM
:wizard: Lots of PD for DH!! That procedure worked really well for a coworker of mine. She didn't really have any down time from it, maybe a day or 2. It pulverizes the stone into dust...well that's how she put it. Peeing in the sieve, now THAT was the part she hated!

Hope DH feels all better and can enjoy the trip!!

party of 3
06-05-2007, 07:26 AM
pixie dust to him!!!! hope all goes well. i JUST had my 1st one last month and let me tell you it was HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! when i had the mri to see where it was the lady doing the mri said, you see how much pain you are in? multiply that by 1000 and that's what a man feels!!!!! wowzer! my reply was "now they know what childbirth is like!!!!"

really good luck to him. hope you have a great trip to the beach. good recovery time for him.

Mickeyteacher
06-05-2007, 08:25 AM
:grouphug: and :pixiedust: to you and DH. I can not wait to read your trip report for this trip.

S :)

maria34a
06-05-2007, 08:55 AM
All I can think about is the Seinfeld episode where Kraimer has the stone and it comes out at the circus and he starts screaming and you can hear the screams all over NYC!!!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

My BF had them and his doctor said he must have passed them, because they couldn't find them in the second MRI, and by then the pain was pretty much gone anyway.

Good luck to your hubby!!!! Have fun at the beach!!!

Downrivermama
06-05-2007, 10:05 AM
PD for dh! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

KAMommy
06-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Hey all!

We are home from the hospital. DH is fine, a little sore, but okay. The doctor told me the stone just "disappeared" from the scans when they hit it with the waves. So I guess the PD for the good busting waves worked!

Thanks all.

ddavis860
06-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Hey all!

We are home from the hospital. DH is fine, a little sore, but okay. The doctor told me the stone just "disappeared" from the scans when they hit it with the waves. So I guess the PD for the good busting waves worked!

Thanks all.

Turned his stone into "pixie dust" :tink:

PrincessNancy96
06-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Great to hear KAM!!!
I'm so glad that our PixieDust did the trick!!!

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

AlexWyattMommy
06-05-2007, 01:16 PM
That is great news!

Have fun on vacation!!

party of 3
06-05-2007, 05:50 PM
that pixie dust works wonders!!!!!!!

have a great vacation!!!!!!