PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Favor to Ask

BernardandMissBianca
06-04-2007, 02:31 PM
When ya'll are out and about at Walmart and your local grocery store can you look to see if they have Bit o' Honey candy?? You don't need to send me any, although I have been dying to have some (found a mixed bag of candy today) but none of our stores have it including the gas stations. It's weird! But it still shows up as a product on Nestle's web site (I think it was Nestle).

I'm wondering what's up??? Is it the honey bee epidemic that is stopping production? But if so why is there still jarred honey on the shelf?

TIA! And I told you it was stupid! :rotfl2:

Mickeyteacher
06-04-2007, 02:42 PM
I will gladdly check when I go out tomorrow. If no one finds it I had a student who dad works for Nestle, I can call them and ask them.
S :)

PrincessNancy96
06-04-2007, 02:55 PM
I'll check tonight when I go out...but now that you mention it.. I only see it about the time Halloween candy comes out...but I'll be sure to look tonight...
I love bit o' honey...but won't eat honey from a jar! Figure that one out!

New England Eeyore
06-04-2007, 02:55 PM
I'll check my store, but I'm not sure I've ever seen Bit o' Honey around here? Maybe just cause I never looked for it though.

maria34a
06-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Are these the things that just pop up in that head of yours???? :lmao:

Things that make you go hummmm........ :rotfl2:

AlexWyattMommy
06-04-2007, 03:47 PM
I too only remember seeing them alone around Halloween. Not sure when I'll be allowed to go shopping, but I'll check when I do.

BernardandMissBianca
06-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Are these the things that just pop up in that head of yours???? :lmao:

Things that make you go hummmm........ :rotfl2:

noooooo!!! Silly Maria! I have been craving bit o' honeys for about a month now. And no I am NOT preggers. Remember that ship has sailed!! LOL I get on these food kicks, last week it was beef jerky. I have to consume enough to feed an Army then I don't want it anymore.

Anyway, I have looked at the gas stations, Stop and Shop, and 4 Walmarts. Nothing, not even a back tag!!!!
They used to come in a bar and then most recently a bag but no one has them. And I just looked it up again and it is a Nestle product.

KAMommy
06-04-2007, 08:37 PM
I have seen them around here...I'll look when I go out again.

kaylajr
06-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Bit o' Honey is my fave Halloween candy
I havnet' seen it around here in a LONG time

New England Eeyore
06-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Hi Kayla! :wave2: Good to see you around!

kaylajr
06-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Hi Kayla! :wave2: Good to see you around!

Thanks
I hope to be around alot more now:)

Poohs Wishing Star
06-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Hi!

If you just have to have your Bit-O-Honey, and if you are willing to purchase it online, try:

Old Time Candy
www dot oldtimecandy dot com/bit-o-honey dot htm

Groovy Candies
www dot groovycandies dot com

In product search box, enter bit-o-honey. Be sure to use the dashes.

Or, if you do not like these stores, there are others. Do a Google search for Bit-O-Honey.

RJ

BernardandMissBianca
06-04-2007, 11:30 PM
Hi!

If you just have to have your Bit-O-Honey, and if you are willing to purchase it online, try:

Old Time Candy
www dot oldtimecandy dot com/bit-o-honey dot htm

Groovy Candies
www dot groovycandies dot com

In product search box, enter bit-o-honey. Be sure to use the dashes.

Or, if you do not like these stores, there are others. Do a Google search for Bit-O-Honey.

RJ

I did google it, thanks. If all else fails I'll order it online. I was just wondering if it was a regional thing or everywhere. I found it strange that they just vanished without notice. B-O-H has been around forever.

ddavis860
06-05-2007, 06:58 AM
Food Network had a show about candies, and it showed how they make this stuff...really cool...

I'll check around here for you Buffy...

YodasMom
06-05-2007, 08:55 AM
I know they were around last Halloween because WDW was giving them out at the MNSSHP. I've seen them around here, too, but haven't looked recently. I wll when I go to the store which will be today.

MissBubbles
06-05-2007, 12:26 PM
My mom & I had breakfast at Cracker Barrel Sunday morning, and would you believe, they had Bit O Honey for 59 cents a bar. I'm trying to come up with an inexpensive birthday present for a baby boomer so I noticed them. Let me know if you want me to send you some...

BernardandMissBianca
06-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Thanks but I have a feeling they would melt in the mail.
We have a Cracker Barrel about an 1 1/2 hours from us. Now I just need to convince DH to get some biscuits and gravy!

logan&tylersmama
06-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Buffy,
Check CVS They always have stuff like that. That where I find those orange circus peanuts for my mother.
Jennifer

ariel & eric
06-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Do you have a Walgreens? I think I may have seen them there.

maria34a
06-06-2007, 04:11 PM
You know what Buffy, I think the Michaels here had a display of Circus candy or Old Fashioned candy???? Try that, I bet they might just have some!!! You never know!!!!

BernardandMissBianca
06-06-2007, 04:52 PM
I looked at Michael's and they didn't have any.
I have a Walgreen's and a CVS, in the same town no less. I think I will look there tomorrow. Of course I was in said town today but didn't even think to look! Thanks!!!!

AlexWyattMommy
06-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Our Walmart only had them in a grab selection bag mixed with a bunch of yucky candy. No Bit-O-Honey alone. :sad:

ksjayhawks
06-07-2007, 08:03 PM
I think our walmart carries them in the bags that are on the pegs. I will look next time I go.

BernardandMissBianca
06-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Our Walmart only had them in a grab selection bag mixed with a bunch of yucky candy. No Bit-O-Honey alone. :sad:

Same here. I threw 3/4 of it away.

BernardandMissBianca
06-07-2007, 08:19 PM
I think our walmart carries them in the bags that are on the pegs. I will look next time I go.

Walmart here used to carry them that way but they revamped the aisle and now there is nothing good.

SusieStone
06-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Now, I feel that I must join the Bit O Honey search.

BernardandMissBianca
06-07-2007, 09:25 PM
LOL I'm going to end up with like 50 lbs of bit - o - honey aren't I???

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I am just wondering if it's just my area or not. I hope to hit CVS tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for looking for me!!

beavismom
06-07-2007, 10:45 PM
They are all over here in Texas, but the South has the best candy anyway :). I bring candy care packages to my SIL in North Carolina all the time. She loves the peanut patties and Big Hunk bars. Yummmmmmy. Now I want some candy. I would send you some too if you want it.

logan&tylersmama
06-08-2007, 07:07 AM
Buffy,
I saw them in their own bag at Joanns in Newington by the register. Do you want me to pick you up some?
Jennifer

BernardandMissBianca
06-08-2007, 07:39 AM
Buffy,
I saw them in their own bag at Joanns in Newington by the register. Do you want me to pick you up some?
Jennifer

Joanns huh?? I have to go get sushi for DS10 for lunch today and there is a Joanns there. I'll see if they have any and then if no I''ll let you know!
Thanks!!

Mickeyteacher
06-08-2007, 08:59 AM
I looked here and nothing. Do you want me to ask my Nestle connection?
S :)

AlexWyattMommy
06-08-2007, 10:12 AM
I have to go get sushi for DS10 for lunch today

:rotfl: I love that statement.
My sister says it all time to me about her DD10 as she calls me on her commute home.

BernardandMissBianca
06-08-2007, 12:13 PM
I found them :yay: I found them :yay: I found them!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for looking for me!! And a special thanks to logan&tylersmama, I found them at Joann's and the girl said they just re-did the plan-o-gram so it would not be changing any time soon!!!

YAY!!!

You guys rock!!!