PDA

View Full Version : Who else gives you on board credits?

Kurby
06-03-2007, 04:35 PM
We are planning a 4 night cruise in about 16 months (just waiting for the prices to come up)

I've heard some ta's give $50 per room, dreams gives something, not sure if disney does if you don't book while you are on a cruise.

we are (like everyone else i guess) looking for the best rate for a cat 5 with verandah and looking for a good cabin credit to bring down a bit of the cost (of course we'll book without one but we'd like a credit if they exist)

thanks.

Beck's mom
06-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Through 12/31/07, if your travel agent books your cruise online for you through the Disney travel agent website, Disney will give you a $25 OBC.

cdndizzylizzy
06-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Hi Karen,

From hanging around on the DIS for a few months, there appears to be some TA's in the US that offer credits, but I have not heard yet of any in Ontario.:confused3

If you happen to find a TA in southwestern Ontario that offers on-board credits, please update this thread and let the rest of us Ontarian DIS-ers know about it! :thumbsup2

I booked our cruise with a local TA in my home town, who is reasonably knowledgeable about DCL (her agency specializes in cruises) but she never breathed a word about OBCs. I wanted to book with her so that she would help us with flights etc., but gave up the credits as a result. From what I have read, if I book our next cruise while on board in Feb 2008, then I can get the OBC and still transfer the cruise to her later. But if I could find a Canadian TA that offers credits, that would be great!!!!!

disneytraceyl
06-03-2007, 05:06 PM
If you use your Disney credit card, you get $50 in credits.

Henlady
06-03-2007, 07:10 PM
If you book "online" directly with DCL, you get a $25 on board credit. If you use your Disney Visa, you get an additional $50 credit, plus the disney rewards points ($1 for every $100 spent) that can be added to your on board credit. The disney rewards rack up from anything that you charge to your card, not just the cruise cost.

WDWLVR
06-03-2007, 07:35 PM
While not a credit if you want to go a little more affordable go with a cat 6. The only difference is that they are on deck 5 & 6 instead of 7. Everything else is the same.

Anal Annie
06-03-2007, 08:39 PM
DU can actually book it via the DCL website - so you'll get the DCL $25 credit from their website + the corresponding credit from DU (on the 3 & 4 n. it's $25 for booking a Cat. 8 - 12 and $50 for booking a Cat. 1 - 7). The DU shipboard credit amounts are based on the room / category and the length of the cruise. You can also get additional credit if you book with the Disney Visa.

KatRob
06-05-2007, 01:51 PM
When I booked our cruise with DU using the Disney Visa I thought I was getting a $25 obc, walked in Thursday and there were receipts for $25 from DU and $50 from DCL...nice surprise. Rebooked online (cat 10) and got $100 from DCL and the agent said if I transfered it to DU I might get something from them also. Checking with Merrie at DU right now.

binks
06-05-2007, 02:44 PM
I booked 11 months in advance with Dreams Unlimited and got a $200 OBC for at Cat 6. They said I would also get the $25.00 for using my Disney Visa.