PDA

View Full Version : can anyone tell me what Jiko is like?

Tramp&TheLady
05-31-2007, 07:50 PM
We may be doing Jiko on the DDP and I was wondering what everyone thought about it. The atmosphere and the food?

Kata
05-31-2007, 08:09 PM
I had the best meal of my life at Jiko!!!!!!!I had the chicken flatbread, tenderloin and mac and cheese and chocolate pistachio creme brulee. I loved it so much I will be eating there 2 nights when I stay at AKL for 3 nights in December. I may be wrong but of all the restaurants I have seen reviews on this website it seems to be the one that seems to get the most positive reviews. Personally if I good dine at only one WDW restaurant I would choose Jiko.:)

wheelie
05-31-2007, 08:18 PM
I was thinking of going to this restuarant but I am wheelchair bound. Do you think that there would be any problem with my chair? Is there plenty of space for wheelchair users?

PrincessMinnie28
05-31-2007, 08:19 PM
DBF and I ate there on our trip last week. Everything was really delicious and our server (I unfortunately can't remember his name) was excellent. I had the maize and sweet potato tamales, filet with mac & cheese, and the flourless chocolate cake. DBF had the cucumber/tomato/watermelon salad, the short rib, and the pistachio creme brulee. We really enjoyed everything... very unique and very yummy. I'm not sure what type of atmosphere you're looking for (romantic, fun, family), but our ADR was for 8:00 p.m. and there were very few children in the restaurant at that time and the ones that were there were very quiet, so it really was a very relaxing and enjoyable dinner. Enjoy!!!

Maggi May
05-31-2007, 08:26 PM
I cannot wait to eat there next week!

wheelie, :welcome: to the DIS Boards

There was actually a recent review that mentioned wheelchair access at Jiko that might be helpful. Check out the pictures and review on the first page of this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1467257

snowbell
05-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Jiko was great!!! I went there last February (06) with my mom. The food was sooo good. I wish it was at a theme park so it would could become a part of every trip... HAVE FUN! :)

GraLaur07
06-02-2007, 03:38 AM
sounds good to me:banana:

englishrose47
06-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Is it 1 or 2 TS??