PDA

View Full Version : Using too many TS Meals!!/ Best CS ??

Ginas
05-31-2007, 03:02 PM
This is our first time using the DDP and I want to take full advantage of best meals etc (like everyone else!) ....we have 5 TS credits and the problem I am having is that the Cinderella Royal Lunch takes 2 TS credits and our Coral Reef lunch is TS because we couldn't get in for dinner which leaves me without a TS dinner two nights(unless of course I pay for it out of pocket:laughing: ). Can anyone suggest a CS meal that might be like an actual dinner at Downtown Disney , Epcot or even at our resort POR. Thanks!

Cindy's Mom
05-31-2007, 03:07 PM
Go to allears.net take a look at their menus and figure out which TS you should pay OOP.

For Coral Reef - I would make it the latest time and consider it an early dinner. Can you do that?

We never used a TS for lunch - just seems like a waste, but that is our personal preference.

n2mm
05-31-2007, 03:10 PM
We have used our TS credits for lunch at Coral Reef and it is well worth the price (last month our lunch meal for 2 was over $100). Many of the food courts at the resorts serve a dinner style meal using CS credits. I'm sure there is a dinner choice at your resort. This is always a good choice of CS credits. The desert choices are always much better than the standard CS ones.

atisikitabasket
05-31-2007, 03:17 PM
Here are some CS places you might want to try at downtown disney

Earl of Sandwich
Cooke's of Dublin
Wolfgang Puck Express - You can get a half roasted chicken with potato's and veggies big platter of food.

Or you can eat at CSR Pepper Market and get a steack for a CS if you want a big meal. We really didn't like pepper market when we were there but they may of had a off night.

Terk-1
05-31-2007, 03:20 PM
Unless CRT is an absolute must, I'd probably use the credits at 2 other restaurants.

There is a TS restaurant at POR, but there is also a foodcourt there and over at POFQ.

Tusker House at AK is a CS, but the food is more like TS. Good sized portions and the food is great.

I think you get the most bang for your buck using the DP at dinner, as most meals are more expensive at dinner versus lunch.

The Crystal Palace is a great buffet.

illiniowl
05-31-2007, 03:22 PM
I'd suggest paying OOP for CRT lunch and adding 2 TS dinners. Failing that, you'd get the best bang for your CS credit at Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD.

Tink3Belle
05-31-2007, 03:27 PM
Wolfgant Puck Express was better than some Table service meals and its a Counter Service Credit.:cheer2:

guelde96
05-31-2007, 06:47 PM
There are several other princess meals that only take 1ts. Cinderella's Gala Feast at the Grand Floridian or Princess storybook dinner at Akershus (Norway) in Epcot.

We really enjoyed Mexico's cs in Epcot excellent food. Right on the lagoon.

mommyaof2
05-31-2007, 07:00 PM
I would not use 2 TS credits for CRT. If you have the money to just pay out of pocket for it I would. It is not a good value on the plan. We did CRT for lunch and I am glad that we did not use our 2TS credits for it. This is just my 2 cents worth though. :)

englishrose47
05-31-2007, 11:03 PM
Ichecked out the menus for all the Princess meals and 1900 was the best for us and only 1 ts.I can't see using 2 ts for any 1 meal!!Just my opinion!!

ballarinamom
06-04-2007, 07:34 PM
We really wanted to do CRT when we were there on DDP. We took into consideration the price for OOP as opposed to 2 TS credits. We did lunch for several reasons- better food choices/ 3 courses, would rather spend time in the park when the lines were short then eating, didn't want to get up extra early to be finished before rope drop. The additional cost was only about $5 per person. We added what the cost would be to eat at two TS service restauarants and compared it to the cost of CRT. Paying OOP for CRT and eating at 2 TS meals instead was a better value. But if you are set on not paying OOP, it was a great experience eating in the Castle and the Major Domos Pie was really really good. They switched the dessert from a blueberry buckle to a chocolate cream cheese dessert with ice cream-yum!

mkycrzy1971
06-04-2007, 10:33 PM
This is our first time using the DDP and I want to take full advantage of best meals etc (like everyone else!) ....we have 5 TS credits and the problem I am having is that the Cinderella Royal Lunch takes 2 TS credits and our Coral Reef lunch is TS because we couldn't get in for dinner which leaves me without a TS dinner two nights(unless of course I pay for it out of pocket:laughing: ). Can anyone suggest a CS meal that might be like an actual dinner at Downtown Disney , Epcot or even at our resort POR. Thanks!

The create your own pasta bar at POR food court is VERY good and a very large portion to boot...it is far better than burgers or chicken fingers. It is a CS meal (of course) and includes a piece of garlic bread (VERY GOOD!!)...very filling and not so "fast food".

mkycrzy1971
06-04-2007, 10:35 PM
There are several other princess meals that only take 1ts. Cinderella's Gala Feast at the Grand Floridian or Princess storybook dinner at Akershus (Norway) in Epcot.

We really enjoyed Mexico's cs in Epcot excellent food. Right on the lagoon.

We like this too...good food and usually a cool breeze...however, watch your food...the birds are thiefs!!!

ballarinamom
06-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Tangierine Cafe in Epcot is also very good. The selection is different from other things offered at CS. Also, they have chicken tenders and fries for the kids if they tend to be pickier eaters. Check out the menu on allearsnet

surfergrl31
06-05-2007, 10:54 AM
I agree with paying OOP for CRT it would just make more sense. If you break down the math you only get around 18.00 per credit, not really a good use of a credit. If you must use it (I know it is rather expensive) then I would def. do Wolfgang Express. We went there one day for lunch and ended up changing our dinner reservation because we were so full. This is not your ordinary pizza fare, I couldn't even finish a whole one!

For Epcot I would try the cantina in Mexico, you can sit right on the water and the food is fair. We were there right before illuminations and it was wonderful.

dis2cruise
06-05-2007, 12:51 PM
please forgive me if i am hi jacking this thread.....

we are on the dp and are light eaters and are excited about eating at
Narcoossee's, but not happy about 2 ts credits. :sad2:

would it pay for us to do oop & save those 2 credits? what do you think?

ballarinamom
06-05-2007, 04:51 PM
This could be a consideration. Use one meal on DDP. And order one entree OOP. That way you can split an appetizer and dessert. That would take a total of 2 ts credits instead of 4 but you will only pay for one entree and it's tax and tip

mom2willnash
06-05-2007, 05:26 PM
My favorite CS meal of the whole trip was in France at Epcot. At the pastry shop you could get either a ham/cheese or turkey sandwich (on a baguette) or a quiche plus one of the delicious french pastries (creme brulee, flan, napoleon, chocolate eclair, apple tarts, etc..) and a drink. Great deal and great food. They also had nice tables outside with umbrellas that gave a nice shady place to sit down.