PDA

View Full Version : Tusker House to be TS for all meals?

Simba's Mom
05-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Maybe I'm a little slow, but I just figured out that the changes at Tusker House will impact all the meals. Doesn't the fact that they'll be a buffet for lunch and dinner mean that we'll have to use a TS credit to eat there? I wonder if they'll start taking ADRs or if they'll join the very short list of TS resturaunts that don't take ressies. But isn't Yak and Yeti going to have a CS side? Will it offer full meal choices, or just a few snacks? I certainly hope we can get full meals there, because I'd hate to see AK reduced to having only 2 CS choices.

bicker
05-31-2007, 05:46 AM
Tusker House will apparently be TS for all meals. It isn't clear yet whether they'll take dining reservations, but my suspicion is that they certainly will.

Note that there is not yet any reason to believe that Yak and Yeti will participate on the Dining Plan. My guess would be that it will not participate.

n2mm
05-31-2007, 09:13 AM
Maybe I'm a little slow, but I just figured out that the changes at Tusker House will impact all the meals. Doesn't the fact that they'll be a buffet for lunch and dinner mean that we'll have to use a TS credit to eat there? I wonder if they'll start taking ADRs or if they'll join the very short list of TS resturaunts that don't take ressies. But isn't Yak and Yeti going to have a CS side? Will it offer full meal choices, or just a few snacks? I certainly hope we can get full meals there, because I'd hate to see AK reduced to having only 2 CS choices.

Actually they will have 3 unless Yak adds one too (then 4).

Pizzafari
Flame Tree BBQ
Restraurant-saurous
Y&Y -- waiting to hear.

Mom of 3
05-31-2007, 10:25 AM
That still doesn't sound like a lot of CS choices for the size of AK.

A pizza place
A McDonalds style place
A BBQ place

Last year when I visited the pizza place was so SLOW. I really don't want to eat McDonalds style food and I'm not sure the kids will eat at the BBQ place. We really liked Tusker House, IMO it was the only decent CS and it won't be there in Sept.

bicker
05-31-2007, 01:16 PM
Number of eateries doesn't matter as much as number of seats. I'd love to know how many seats are available (both indoors and outdoors) at CS eateries for the various parks, as compared to the parks' average attendance.

jcemom
06-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Supposedly Y&Y will be TS and CS. That makes 4 CS just as it's always been, with Y&Y instead of Tusker. It's 3 TS instead of the one they have now, in addition to RFC there will be Tusker and Y&Y.

That still doesn't sound like a lot of CS choices for the size of AK.

DCDisney
06-02-2007, 09:10 PM
I think a few of the snack stands are also providing CS DDP meals now. I remember one with hot dogs and another with a few types of sandwiches. But I don;t think any of those have tables.....

Yvonne

wildernessDad
06-02-2007, 10:03 PM
I loved the great selection at TH. I think that this decision to make TH a buffet sucks.

englishrose47
06-03-2007, 12:21 PM
I kinda like the idea of TH being buffet We are Buffet fans and AK had so little choices for restaurants either TS or CS. I loved the breadstix at Pizzafari and they are a sc. We ate at Donalds for breakfast and enjoyed itbut we are simple taste people and buffets just suit us.