PDA

View Full Version : AP Holders and Free Dining?

NancyK
05-30-2007, 07:53 PM
I know this has probably been asked before, but I haven't been successful using the search function. We are AP holders going for the free dining in September. I had to buy a 1 day MYW ticket for each of us. Will that ticket be on our resort ID, or is it on a separate paper ticket? If the 1-day ticket is actually on the resort ID, will it still be valid next trip? I was thinking that I would apply it towards a new AP or MYW park hopper in a couple of years.
Thanks in advance.
Nancy

n2mm
05-30-2007, 08:06 PM
We are long time AP holders and have done the free ddp several times. Your one day ticket is on your room key and does not expire. We always save ours to apply to our AP renewal price months later. I actually just write on the card when I return home to remind me what is on the card. We got 2 one-day tickets August 06 and I used one in October 06 for my AP renewal and I just used the other one April 07 for DH's AP renewal. No problem either time. Those babies are worth $71 each, so hold on tight to them for the future.

NancyK
05-30-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks!:)

ANNABETH
05-31-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm a little confused about this. I'm an annual pass holder (just bought my first one last month). Now, if I have a one day MYW pass from a previous trip and want to apply it to my AP renewal, how is this done. Do I need to be at WDW and go to a ticket booth to do this or can the renewal be mailed back. If it's mailed back how do they know you have this ticket; do you have to put it in the mail too ???

Thanks for your help

n2mm
05-31-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm a little confused about this. I'm an annual pass holder (just bought my first one last month). Now, if I have a one day MYW pass from a previous trip and want to apply it to my AP renewal, how is this done. Do I need to be at WDW and go to a ticket booth to do this or can the renewal be mailed back. If it's mailed back how do they know you have this ticket; do you have to put it in the mail too ???

Thanks for your help

It has to be done in person. It's all about the timing since you can renew 30 days before or after. I renewed my pass once in September and it wasn't due to expire to the end of October.

BrianD
05-31-2007, 01:48 PM
So, then I guess we could do the following?

We are planning on going to WDW during the free dining time and are planning to purchase APs for the trip (wasn't considering the package). So we could book the free dining package with the one day tickets and then when we go to our first park, upgrade those one day tickets to APs? And we would get the full value for that one day MYW ticket? For that matter I suppose we could get the ticket for the length of the entire trip and then use that value to upgrade to APs, and it would be the same thing right?

If this is true, then what a deal!

mrzrich
05-31-2007, 08:21 PM

We are planning on going to WDW during the free dining time and are planning to purchase APs for the trip (wasn't considering the package). So we could book the free dining package with the one day tickets and then when we go to our first park, upgrade those one day tickets to APs? And we would get the full value for that one day MYW ticket? For that matter I suppose we could get the ticket for the length of the entire trip and then use that value to upgrade to APs, and it would be the same thing right?

Yup..the CM booking my package even suggested it!:thumbsup2

Pooh Girl 71
05-31-2007, 10:12 PM

We did this last year and plan to do it again this year.

clkelley
05-31-2007, 10:56 PM
I have read that if you are planning on using the ticket at a later time to upgrade to AP OR upgrading to AP for this trip, it is best to drop by your Resort Concierge desk and ask to have the one-day ticket removed from your Resort ID and have it issued on regular stock.

1) That removes your name from the ticket for unforseen future circumstances.

2) If you remove it from your ticket and upgrade it on the current trip, there is no chance that your resort key and dining credits get messed up when you upgrade the ticket at the park.

Let me put it this way, the resorts personnel are better trained on Resort IDs, but don't handle APs in any way.

The guest services folks at the parks know how to upgrade individual tickets to APs, but may not be well trained on Resort IDs.

It will mean an extra stop at your resort desk, but may save you a trip back to your resort to fix your Dining Credits if they get messed up at the park.