PDA

View Full Version : Jiko-Use 2 credits?

Tramp&TheLady
05-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Should we use 2 credits for Jiko? Or pay out of pocket? It looks to me that the menu isn't all that expensive compared to some other 2-credit restaurants. Thoughts?

amee
05-30-2007, 04:09 PM
We used our last four credits for Jiko, on our trip last March. It was fantastic.......my guess is you couldn't get as much food as we did with the DDP, by paying cash. That said, all of the portions were huge, and we might have spent less paying cash, as we wouldn't have ordered as much. We were also using our last credits before going home!

It is really worth it.............

amee

Tramp&TheLady
05-30-2007, 04:17 PM
We used our last four credits for Jiko, on our trip last March. It was fantastic.......my guess is you couldn't get as much food as we did with the DDP, by paying cash. That said, all of the portions were huge, and we might have spent less paying cash, as we wouldn't have ordered as much. We were also using our last credits before going home!

It is really worth it.............

amee

I can't wait to try it. We love Cali grill and I was reading that Chef Grecchi Gray was one of the original chefs there.

Sandi
05-30-2007, 05:30 PM
We're using 2 TS credits for Jiko for our August trip. There is always one day during our trips when we plan to not have a TS. It's sort of a liberating day in the middle of our vacation.

We've never been to Jiko and are looking forward to it. Were we to pay, we would probably skip the appetizer and/or dessert -- AND, I wouldn't let DD12 order a drink because she takes about 2 sips (that's her favorite thing about DDP -- she can get drinks without Mom getting mad).

Kristmay
05-30-2007, 05:44 PM
My boyfriend and I are using 2 TS credits there in September. We'll pay out of pocket for one entree, and share the appetizer and desert that we'll get with the dining plan. It should be more than enough food for the two of us :thumbsup2

Tramp&TheLady
05-30-2007, 06:05 PM
My boyfriend and I are using 2 TS credits there in September. We'll pay out of pocket for one entree, and share the appetizer and desert that we'll get with the dining plan. It should be more than enough food for the two of us :thumbsup2

That's a clever approach. I think that we might try that too. I couldn't really justify using 4 credits for the meal. When we ate at Cali grill I got sushi as an appetizer and that was like $20. That justified using the extra credit. But, with Jiko most of the prices look similar to what you would pay at one credit restaurants (like le cellier).