PDA

View Full Version : Charging Meals

zaztooe
05-30-2007, 10:32 AM
We are going this Sept...with free Dining Plan. It will be me, DH, DS(17), DS(13), DD(2) & DD(8 months)...:banana:
My question is how is the charging privileges set? There will definately be time that the boys will want to take off on thier own. THey will want snacks and we are going to the PSB dinner at Akerhous with the girls but have not included the boys in the ADR. THey have no interest. Can't say that I blame them :love:

I want the boys to be able to use their snack credits not ours popcorn:: if they are on thier own. ALso they will need to get something to eat when we are at the princess dinner.

What are your best recomendations for this?

Thanks

flipcar
05-30-2007, 03:05 PM
As long as you have key to the world for the boys there will be no problem. Each key is geared to the total of credits to the room. You can go to Norway and boys can eat counter or table or whatever. Credits come off the total for occupants on plan. Say it is a 4 day stay, you have 20 table credits and the 2 boys eat alone then the receipt will say 18 table left. 5 minutes later you DH and DD eat at Norway, your reciept after dinner will read 15 table left. Computer doesn't know whose snack credits are whose only the total. It does know child vs. adult for meals but since both boys are considered adults it doesn't matter. Remember that total is for entire group. if boys only wanted counter service for example, they could always eat just counter and you would have their table credit for you. (Just used as example). Only variance would be an adult using a child credit. That is not allowed.

mkycrzy1971
05-30-2007, 03:15 PM
I would suggest asking your children to make certain they save their receipts and give them to you so that you can keep track of how many credits were used or so you have them if there is a mistake in how many credits were used---saves confusion and a lot of headaches. We just came back from a trip and this is what we did...worked great.

illiniowl
05-30-2007, 03:33 PM
To amplify what the PP said, you're going to have to be comfortable with giving your sons DDP charging privileges (at least temporarily, as I think you can both activate and deactivate the charging privileges via your hotel front desk) that encompass all of your family's credits. AFAIK, when DDP charging privileges are enabled on any room key card (aka keys to the world, aka KTTWs), that card can be used to access all of the credits in the account at that time (except one cannot purchase more adult TS or CS meals at one time than the number of the adults on the reservation, 4 in your case).

Of course, you wouldn't have to TELL your sons that their charging privileges were unlimited...you could cross your fingers behind your back and tell them that each of their cards only has "his" credits on them...:rolleyes1 ;)

bicker
05-31-2007, 05:54 AM
Just to clarify: Charging privileges on room keys is unrelated to using Dining Plan credits on room keys. None of our room keys had charging privileges, yet all of them still provided ready-access to the Dining Plan credits for the room.

So there is no decision to be made in terms of giving those room keys access to the Dining Plan credits -- the decision is whether or not to trust the children with the room keys (and therefore, the ability to go off on their own) given that they can use up as many of the Dining Plan credits as they wish.

Cindy's Mom
05-31-2007, 03:25 PM
We are going this Sept...with free Dining Plan. It will be me, DH, DS(17), DS(13), DD(2) & DD(8 months)...:banana:
My question is how is the charging privileges set? There will definately be time that the boys will want to take off on thier own. THey will want snacks and we are going to the PSB dinner at Akerhous with the girls but have not included the boys in the ADR. THey have no interest. Can't say that I blame them :love:

I want the boys to be able to use their snack credits not ours popcorn:: if they are on thier own. ALso they will need to get something to eat when we are at the princess dinner.

What are your best recomendations for this?

Thanks

I would give each boy $20 and tell them to make it last. unless you totally and completely trust them not to over use the snack credit.