PDA

View Full Version : Need help from the Moms here

New England Eeyore
05-28-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm working on a baby album for a friend and to paraphrase one of my favorite movies "I don't know nuthin about no babies" so I need some help.

I want to do a "Milestones" layout for all the firsts: steps, tooth, etc. Can you tell me what I'm missing, and can you tell me what order I should list them in?

Rolled Over
Sat Up
Crawled
First steps
First word
First tooth
First Haircut

Thanks!

mantaz
05-28-2007, 10:16 PM
First food, first smile, first laugh and anything esle that stuck me as cute. I even have DD's first raspberry. Also I took a picture of her each month on the date she was born. Very cute idea to do for a friend.

Good luck!

ddavis860
05-29-2007, 05:07 AM
First bath, Cruisn, check out the pics from Buffy's thread too. Some great ideas there...http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1455931

Nice idea!

vanyel
05-29-2007, 09:36 AM
How about favorite toy or first toy? To be different - first night baby slept the whole night?

New England Eeyore
05-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Yep, I got lots of ideas from Buffy's thread for pages. I should have been more clear - this is specifically just for a milestones page. I want to have a journaling block with
"First Steps ____________
First Words _____________"
etc in a list format for her to enter the info, and a few photo mats for whatever pictures she might have. What else would you put on that list, and I need to know roughly what order to list them? ie Do babies talk before they walk, etc?

ddavis860
05-29-2007, 10:27 AM
OOOHHHHH....ok, got it... Here are a couple of lists that I googled. These might help...as for timing, they all do it different anyway, teeth early, teeth late...you just never know...

* dressed in their first outfit
* ride in a car seat
* smiles
* bath
* trip out in the buggy
* solid food
* teeth
* sitting up
* drinking from a cup
* feeding him/herself
* crawling
* walking with the furniture
* steps/walking on their own
* hair cut
* halloween
* Christmas

- Baby's birth
- First feeding
- Being weighed at the hospital
- Baby's first bath
- Baby being introduced to siblings
- Meeting grandparents, aunts, uncles
- First car seat ride
- First time in a stroller
- First time eating solid food
- First time using a straw
- Holding head up
- Crawling
- Sitting up
- First time "cruising" - using furniture to walk
- First steps
- First teeth
- First hair-cut
- First holidays - Halloween, Christmas, Chanukah
- Baby's first birthday

New England Eeyore
05-29-2007, 01:20 PM
That's great - thanks so much!

MyLittlePiglet
05-29-2007, 03:44 PM
first time saying dada first time saying mama first time sleeping through night were biggies for us