PDA

View Full Version : Can you eat with non-DDP'ers?

MarkyMouse
05-28-2007, 09:24 AM
We will be having my nephew with us for most of our meals while down there but he is staying off property. Can he eat with the rest of our party (8 of us), even though he doesn't have the DDP?

TDC Nala
05-28-2007, 09:38 AM
Yes, you can tell your server who will be using the dining plan and who won't.

lyzziesmom
05-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Yep, it will be no problem. Just like at a regular restaurant when you split the bill between two or more parties. Simply tell your server before you order who is on the DDP and who is not, and they will take care of it. In fact, they will probably ask, for exactly this reason. I've always found WDW servers to be very helpful, whatever the situation is.

MarkyMouse
05-28-2007, 10:46 AM
This may not be related but why do they make everyone in your room bye the plan?

TDC Nala
05-28-2007, 11:01 AM
This may not be related but why do they make everyone in your room bye the plan?

Because it's marketed as a package. All persons in the room must buy the same package deal. Everyone has to buy the same kind of ticket, also.

I'm sure I wouldn't want to be in a check-in line behind a group who wanted half the party on the dining plan and the other half not, in the same room.

dizfanz
05-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Thinking of fratenizing with the enemy ehhh???:sad2: ;)

Wish_I_Was_At_WDW
05-29-2007, 10:40 AM
If you don't mind me tagging on a question to your thread, is it okay if some are on the dining plan and the rest have a DDE card? Will they still allow the DDE card to be used for those not on the DP? Thanks!

BCV23
05-29-2007, 10:45 AM
If you don't mind me tagging on a question to your thread, is it okay if some are on the dining plan and the rest have a DDE card? Will they still allow the DDE card to be used for those not on the DP? Thanks!

Yes, they wil with no problems at all. Just advise your server at the beginning of the meal as there will be two different checks. Alcoholic beverages for those on the DDP can be on the DDE check as well.