PDA

View Full Version : National Certification for Teachers?

rlovew
05-27-2007, 03:39 PM
I am thinking about working on National Certification next year. Has anyone here done it or looked into it?

Since my husband is looking at begining a careeer in which we may move a lot I thought it might be a good thing to look into so I don't have to jump through as many hoops between states.

Rebecca

patchchild
05-27-2007, 06:32 PM
It depends on which states you move to. I know Massachusetts doesn't give it any more value than a certificate from another state. They still make you recertify. I'd check and see which states accept it flat out, and which will make you still get recertified before you make a final decision.

Faerie
05-29-2007, 05:51 PM
a friend is getting hers and in Palm Beach County, she'll get a $9800 a year raise for getting the certification

DawnM
06-05-2007, 11:09 PM
I am seriously looking into it for school counseling. I have gone through the website but still have some questions.

Our district will reimburse about 90% of it after you have paid and passed the program.

dawn

Macca1111
06-28-2007, 11:22 PM
I've never even heard of this! Could someone point me in the direction of the website you mentioned? I'd be interested in finding out about this...no plans to move, but maybe it would be a good idea.

chiefdragon
06-29-2007, 01:27 PM
I have achieved National Board Certification in Career and Technical. The raise that I got from the State of Delaware was around $6000. This process really makes you take a look at your teaching style and what you are involved in dealing with the students and your students. Not everyone passes the first time. The best suggest that I can give anyone is to go on the website and read what is required for your area.

ChgoLaniteVal
07-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Do you have to be a teacher? Or can you have a BA, BS, etc. I have been trying to become a teacher (youngest DD will be in Kindergarten). Any suggestions, websites? :teacher: