PDA

View Full Version : So, what would you like to hear?

WebmasterPete
05-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Hi everyone:

First, I want to say a sincere 'thank you' to everyone that's been listening to the show. We're having a great time doing it and coming up with new ideas for segments. Along those lines, I wanted to put our a request for any topics you'd like to hear us cover - and any suggestions you have for 'where to send Bob' (I really want to send him to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and get him all done up as Princess Bob - but he won't let me :))
Also, we'll take requests for restaurants to review if there are any specific places you'd like to hear Kevin cover.

Thanks again for making this show so much fun for us.

Pete

Alicnwondrln
05-25-2007, 02:51 PM
I would love to hear about all the resorts in detail and reviews

ClaraBug
05-25-2007, 03:22 PM
What about the Parades?

Like The Mickeys not so Scary Halloween and the special stuff that happens along with the parades but include the afternoon parades too!

Quinn222
05-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Probably a limited audience but how about a segment on short trips? I live two hours from WDW and we take several shorter trips during the year of usually 3 nights. I'd be interested to hear how you'd suggest handling those kids of visits.

Torontogal
05-25-2007, 04:11 PM
- A comparison between WDW and Disneyland (any tips which may not be so obvious to those WDW experts going to California for first time)
-I think it would be neat to hear about the extensive training CM's must go through. Whether they are playing a character, member of the Dream Squad, etc. It is amazing how we experience amazing Customer Service on every trip.
-Any cool tips that most people would not know about. For example, at MK I heard if you are the 1st one at a particular store - your child can "wake up Tink." Other ones are the paint brush treasure hunt on Tom Sawyer Island. Any other cool items?
-Fun things to go at DTD. For example, make a potato head with your child - pick your own pieces which fit into a box.
-Some general information on Walt's family and life. Amazing how he came up with this concept and how popular anything Disney is...

P.S Loved your segment on DVC.

Cyrano
05-25-2007, 05:15 PM
I think this was covered by an email question but how about accomodation options for families of more than 4 :) Motive here is that we have still to have a first trip to WDW with 2 adults and 3 children.

How about some counter service reviews :thumbsup2

Photo and video tips :)

svalencia1
05-25-2007, 05:34 PM
How about a segment where readers are allowed to write in and compliment CMs. The best story is read on air. Maybe that would help people realize that the magic is still alive, even if you may have to look a little harder for it. As for restaurant reviews how abut Fresh at the Swan. And for a place to send Bob although not in the parks Chip and Dales campfire at Ft Wilderness.

Tissa
05-25-2007, 06:16 PM
How about sending Bob to the parks to cover Star Wars Weekend? May the force be with him.

For food review I would like to hear more about Boma. Everyone raves about it but I want an honest opinion.

Keep up the good work guys!

ericafny
05-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Here are some suggestions I have:

For food review I would like to hear a review of a buffet, either Hollywood & Vine or Cape May Clam Bake Buffet sound interesting to me.

Can you send Bob on another tour, maybe the Backstage Safari Tour at AK?? I am interested in that tour but am skeptical about what exactly they show you. Also, what about afternoon tea at the GF? I am not sure how Bob would feel about this but I have always been curious about it...I really like your idea about sending him to the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique! Too bad he won't go for it :rotfl:

I also wanted to say that I really enjoyed the 'Stump the roundtable' and 'Thread watch' this week. Especially thread watch because these boards are so big it is so hard to get to every single post. So thread watch gives a good sampling of some of the more interesting ones out there! I also really enjoy Corey & Julie's segments because me and DBF are in our late 20's and take some advice from C & J about the things they do.

In any event I truly enjoy the podcast and any segment you guys have on there is very interesting and informative!!

Blue Skies
05-25-2007, 09:29 PM
I would like to see a video podcast as well as the audio podcast.

I think it would be fun if you did something along the same lines as you did in "Around the World in 80 days". Information on resorts, restaurants, hidden treasures, more contests, etc...

How about sending Bob para sailing? :banana:

...just kidding! ;)

Snork
05-25-2007, 09:36 PM
I agree with ericafny, please send Bob on the Backstage Safari tour. My wife is about to begin school as a veterinarian tech, and I want to surprise her with this tour on our trip in Sept. We usually do one tour per trip, and she said it was up to me to choose this time, but I want to leave it up to Bob.

WebmasterBob
05-25-2007, 11:19 PM
Hi Blue Skies, I have actually done the parasailing :scared1: and do have a few stories :sail: to tell on this topic. Maybe Pete will ask me about it in a future podcast. You never know.:rolleyes1

kabbie
05-26-2007, 12:21 AM
Has Kevin been to any of the character meals and reviewed them? Maybe Whispering Canyon as well? What about hotel reviews? I enjoyed hearing about your experiences at the Hard Rock and Contemporary.

I love the new thread watch segment. I didn't know before if any of you read the threads so this thrills me.

checkwriter
05-26-2007, 01:48 AM
How about an occasional feature called something like "Orlando -- Weird and Wonderful." That Skycoaster bit that Corey and Julie did awhile back is a good start, but I'm guessing that's just scratching the surface. For this feature, the cheesier, the better. Tattoo parlors, bad dinner theater, the rodeo . l. . and wasn't there some cow chip dropping contest recently?

Torontogal
05-26-2007, 09:02 AM
I would also love to hear heart warming stories - "what WDW means to you..." Why people find it so special, what makes them keep going back, amazing experiences they share with their families, etc.

calypso*a*go-go
05-26-2007, 11:33 AM
I just love-love-love the fireworks at WDW and want to hear about the planning, usage, and sheer numbers of pyrotechnics (is that a word?) provided for our enjoyment. This is one of the things Disney really doesn't have to do to keep people coming to the parks and they could save truckloads of money just by cutting down the number of shows but choose not to because they know how much the guests love it. I, for one, really appreciate it and it sparks my interest -- so I want to know all the firey details! :teeth:

escape123
05-26-2007, 11:39 AM
I agree bob needs to do the back stage animal safari b/c my famly is debating on going on it or not so i think bob needs to go to the parks :thumbsup2

Cyrano
05-26-2007, 02:06 PM
I would like to see a video podcast as well as the audio podcast.
Pete has made mention of Lou and Bob from Beyond Main St. Now wouldn't that be great :goodvibes

nomie74
05-26-2007, 02:47 PM
I enjoy the segments that give ideas for things to do for adults. So much of the available information for trip planning has to do with families and kids. I also would like to see some restuarant reviews from off property locations, maybe just those at are so great they should not be missed. On our trip last year we tried Texas d Brazil because someone had posted about it and now we can't wait to go back.

DisneyGurlie
05-26-2007, 02:58 PM
I'd love to hear a few secrets about the Parks.

CamColt
05-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Seeing I spend a lot of time on the Restaurant Board, I always look forward to Kevin's reviews. His Ohana review sparked a 3 page thread. Keep those coming! :thumbsup2

Il Mulino in the Swan is fairly new and reviews on it are limited when people ask. I have dined there, but I'd love to hear other opinions too. That might be a good one to try.

DisneyEG
05-27-2007, 03:45 PM
I would like to hear a segment on a different resort each week, from dining,to pool area, ease of transportation with or without a rental car, room sizes and decor etc.

jockey
05-27-2007, 04:22 PM
A video podcast would be great!

Would also like to hear about the tors that Disney offers such as the Segway tour, family magic tour etc!! :)

ADisneygirl
05-27-2007, 09:51 PM
I would love to hear a segment on each resort. Also segments on Disney secrets and behind the scenes info.

Thanks Pete! Love to listen while I DIS!

two-foxes
05-27-2007, 11:24 PM
I know you have all mentioned this on previous podcasts, but if you could invite a Dis or Dreams person who does a monthly or weekly kid tip segment. We have the adult WDW/DCL vacation down, as I know you all do, but DH and I are about to invite a little man into our world. We have our first WDW trip with the baby planned this December and any segments on traveling with infants and families would be great! The family board is great, but it would be nice to have that hit in some podcasts!

Keep the wonderful podcasts coming....

MsDisney23
05-28-2007, 06:39 AM
wow, so many great idea's, I am looking forward to listening to the podcast.. :thumbsup2

danny1649
05-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Would like it to be like on June 1st 1966 WALt Disney announces Florida project,or on this date Space Mountain opened in WDW,I think many Dis nut nuts like me would love a short segment like this.Or a moment with Walt,a short comment about Walt his ideas,family,things he said or interesting facts about Walt:goodvibes :goodvibes Danny

tammydel
05-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Pete,
Just want to say love the site, love the podcast!
You can tell by reading and listening that they are both run by people who "believe in the magic". It is something that brings together such diverse groups of people. With that in mind it would be nice one day to hear each of your Disney Stories. When you first visited, how you became hooked, how you each ended up at "The Dis". As a felllow Disney lover, I know I love hearing other people's stories.

I also like all the other ideas previously posted.

Take care and I'll be listnening!
Tammy

M&M's
05-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Since people love lists (including myself), I always enjoy "Top Ten" or "Top Five" lists. It could be a regular quick segment where you change the topic each week.

Obvious examples of topics could be top five on and/or off property resorts/hotels, top five characters, top five attractions (for each park), or top five counter service restaurants. Less obvious examples could be top five queue lines, top five souvenir stores on property, top five tips on touring Disney World, etc..

Each of you could go over your own lists and explain why you chose what you did. That would probably bring up some fun personal stories that you might want to share with us listeners. And that's where I think the bread and butter of this segment could be. The personal experiences that helped you craft your top five. I love hearing people relive their favorite memories of their adventures in Disney World.

Thanks for doing the podcast! It's my favorite Disney podcast out there. Take care.

DJ Disney Kid
05-29-2007, 08:56 PM
I have a request:

I'd like to hear you guys spend more time talking about the attractions. Why not pick one attraction a week and run it around the table? I think alot of us DIS'ers just enjoy talking about the rides and attractions and hearing eachothers opinions on them. I'd like to hear your guys/gals thoughts on say Haunted Mansion for example. What do you think of the queue lines, the exterior, interior, positives, negatives? What do you hope happens with the upcoming rehab, etc?

makelab
05-30-2007, 11:23 AM
I would like a weekly reminder on how awesome DVC is, and all the benefits of having it, so I can finally get off my butt, and purchase a membership. :hourglass

....if my wife lets me. :thumbsup2

Actually, any "controversial" topic that Pete and/or Kevin can rant on would be great.

stenogoddess
05-30-2007, 07:01 PM
That is just what I was thinking! :lmao:

Actually, any "controversial" topic that Pete and/or Kevin can rant on would be great.

Also, if Bob could talk about his parasailing that would be great. I really want to try it on our Oct DCL but I'm chicken. Hearing what Bob had to say would really help me make up my mind. I would ask Julie to do it and give her opinion, but since she did that slingshot thing, I'm starting to think her judgement may be off! :laughing:

And one thing I would really like to do in my life is go to the outside the US Disney parks. Any info on what and how to do that would be very cool. Send Bob to Paris maybe??

rsbuxt
05-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Hi

Coming from the UK I guess some more info about life away from the World would be good. Great to hear Kevin do a review of the Orlando Ale House this week and more restaurant reviews from the Orlando area is my suggestion. Maybe an Englishman's...or woman's...imput would be good once in a while.

I vote for me :)

Rich

Friendly Frog
05-30-2007, 07:53 PM
-

A comparison between WDW and Disneyland (any tips which may not be so obvious to those WDW experts going to California for first time)

-I think it would be neat to hear about the extensive training CM's must go through. Whether they are playing a character, member of the Dream Squad, etc. It is amazing how we experience amazing Customer Service on every trip.

I think both of these are excellent!!

Or how about a "story from the other side" where you read a story from a CM. It could be funny, inspirational, or a OMG what were they thinking, story.

tinkerbellblondie19
05-30-2007, 09:58 PM
I would love to hear more about teen things to do around the parks

WDWFWfan
06-02-2007, 04:41 PM
I would love to hear "behind-the-scenes" related tidbits. What's it like to work at Disney, what goes on after hours and plans for the future.

tinkerbellblondie19
06-02-2007, 10:16 PM
It would be nice to hear more about the little experiences at Disney. Some of my best Disney moments were the little unplanned things. What are some magical moments the team has experienced? Like I said, the simple things. An example of my own experience is sitting on the steps of Mexico after Illuminations and waving "Buenos Noches" to everyone passing by.

Trentmom
06-03-2007, 01:51 AM
I think you should send Bob on Disney Cruise and have him do a daily report to you about his experience...the meals, the entertainment, the rooms, the islands...etc...

I really want to do a Disney Cruise and yes, I know there is a forum on here for that, but to hear like a live commentary, would be awesome!!!

MAGGIED
06-04-2007, 12:40 PM
I second the teen ideas... what fun things can we do that might be outside the norm at WDW?

vwlfan
06-10-2007, 08:24 PM
We are going to WDW for the umpteenth time this August. We never tire of going, (even in August if need be!). But we also look for other things to do both in and out of WDW.

I've been trying to get information together about the various tours that WDW offers such as the SUnrise Safari and the one that goes "underground" at the Magic Kingdom.

I would like very much to hear a podcast re these various tours. Are they worth it? Are they too tiring as I have read in a few places? Or better put, do my wife and I need to be "in shape" to do them? etc.

DisneyKevin
06-10-2007, 11:36 PM
I have done the Keys To The Kingdom tour and while I loved it....it was very tiring and there is a LOT of walking.

Also...being the Disney geek that I am....I kept finding fault with our tour guide's facts. That and the fact that she kept making up words....."some of Walt's characters were based on actual people and some are fictitional". They are either fictional or fictitious....they cant be fictitional.

She also explained that there only three hotels ever planned for the monorail. The Comtemporary, The Polynesian and the Grand Floridian. I have a map from 1971 showing that there was a Persian Hotel planned and no Grand Floridian.

On the other hand...Bob and I took the Backstage Magic tour. You can read my review here:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/reviews/backstage-magic-tour.htm

It's a long three part review, but the tour is 8 hours and a bit expensive. The good news is that the tour is 100% worth the price and most of it is done via air conditioned bus. There is a good bit of walking...but you travel from destination to destination via motor coach. Also...our tour guide was exceptional.

You get to see some INCREDIBLE stuff like the area where the attraction vehicles are made and the animatronic workshop.

Hope this helps...

Kevin

SnackyStacky
06-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Here's another vote to send Bob to BBB!!! Castle package all the way.

cobbler
06-11-2007, 08:36 AM
I really enjoy what is put out there right now. I love how there are different restaurant reviews.

How about one at the new, well newer Turf Club at Saratoga Springs.

I also liked the idea from a previous poster about telling the benefits and whatnot of each resort.

ETA:
Maybe review some tours that aren't that well known, or done a lot like the dolphins in depth or snorkeling in the Seas Pavilion tank.

Demosthenes
06-11-2007, 08:55 PM
I'd like to here reviews of local golf courses. The Disney 5 are obvious (and quite good), but off site would be nice as well. Likewise, I am a Scuba Diver, and would love to hear about local dive sites (fresh) and even some a little more remote (saltwater). Finally, I would love to here Kevin's reviews of each sit-down as well as counter service restaurant on property. (I actually think that should be a weekly segment).

aGoofyMom
06-16-2007, 08:49 AM
I would also love to hear about the resorts. And some kid-tips as well. I know it has been mentioned that they may be coming.

Sending Bawb to be "Boutiqued" would be excellent! I have the appointment already to step up & get "Boutiqued" along with my DD5 this fall - care to join us?

Keep up the great work!

happy2go2wdwmom
06-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Thanks for asking!

--I would love to hear about WDW sweepstakes and contests, but I am not sure if you'd be inclined to do this, or even if this could fit this into your already great podcasts?

--Would love to hear an interview of the round table with a family that won a YOMD major prize. Along the same lines, it could be really neat (and probably hilarious at times) to have an interview w/ a disser who just returned from a trip---to give their tips and tidbits.

--Other interviews that I'd like to hear: Ex-Dis characters and/or CM's tell all...; also, as I get older, I am becoming more and more afraid of the rides:confused3---would like to hear how the the mechanical engineers keep things safe....

lisajl
06-18-2007, 06:00 PM
I have not read the whole thread but what about the little things.

There are so many little things in WDW that people don't know about.
The one that comes to mind is waking Tinkerbell. I found out about on the board a couple years ago. I was talking to a friend about it and she had no idea.

Lisa

tubachick
06-18-2007, 06:05 PM
I love all the info already listed, as well as the discussions that have already happened on the DIS unplugged.

I would love to hear anything about Photography for the novice at WDW. good locations to get great shots.

Fredd's Girl
06-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Several shows ago, you guys were talking about the history of Gay Days and why you do/don't attend. During the show, Kevin was trying to get everyone to attend the Magic Kingdom together on that Saturday to see if it had changed since you'd last been. I'd like to hear an update on what you guys experienced, and if it changed Pete's mind at all since his article several years back.

happy2go2wdwmom
06-21-2007, 06:12 PM
I would like to hear the ins and out of DVC rentals---they sound as if they are really great bargains.

THANKS!:hippie:

happy2go2wdwmom
06-21-2007, 07:00 PM
I would really like to continue to hear from each of you about the ways that you think Disney could do better---Pete's feedback during a recent podcast about the updated Gran Fiesta Tour starring the Three Caballeros, was an excellent example!

I'll share mine with you: while I think they have a HUGE job bussing all of their visitors around from place to place for "free", I still can not help but to feel so steamed while I am standing around (or sitting on the ground out of sheer exhaustion) waiting and waiting in those seemingly excruciatingly LONG bus lines---esp. when I have seen them pick up the pace and load people up with back to back busses when a storm was coming. I just wonder if they could improve by maybe at least adding an announcment system that tells those waiting in line how much longer it will be??!

Thanks again!! You guys rock!:cool2:

vellamint
06-21-2007, 10:30 PM
I want to hear from WebmasterAlex lol. We used to pal around together in VMK!

HI ALEX! :wave2: I love hearing your name mentioned in the podcast!

DisneyKevin
06-21-2007, 11:07 PM
Tropical Storm Barry happened to visit on the same day as Gay Day this year.

Even with our being proud, diehard Disney fans.....none of us were willing to venture out in the weather predicted for that day.

Kevin

Fredd's Girl
06-22-2007, 08:06 AM
Tropical Storm Barry happened to visit on the same day as Gay Day this year.

Even with our being proud, diehard Disney fans.....none of us were willing to venture out in the weather predicted for that day.

Kevin

I forgot about that! Can't blame you...I'm thinking Disney in a tropical storm is probably not the best time to be had! :scared:

jpeka65844
06-22-2007, 09:37 PM
This would be appropriate for closer to Halloween, but what about tales of "haunted Disneyworld"? Julie made some reference as to ghost stories told by the Wishes cruise captain. That piqued my interest.....

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

happy2go2wdwmom
06-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Would like to hear more information and "deals" and reviews about offsite hotels...and how about hearing about the differences b/n the WDW resort and offsite experience for both WDW and Universal (aside from the obvious resort perks EMH, ME,...). How about describing the cheapest trip one could take for a family of four for say, 4 nights, 5 days, versus the most elaborate/expensive...this sort of thing.

Would like to hear you "harken back" about old trips, rides, shows, restaurants, characters that you recall and maybe miss....

If not taking the ME from MCO, how much should the average cost be per person for transportation to the hotel and back to MCO? Which limo services do you recommend??

Would like to hear a little bit about Gatorland, and other Orlando activities.

makelab
06-23-2007, 07:47 PM
this is totally OT, but i figured this is one of the few places pete and others would read with some regularity. why is C-O-M a bad word on disboards now?
was mccarthy a childhood hero or something? ;)

it's gone now

Disneybridein2k3
06-24-2007, 08:59 AM
No new ideas, but I will second some of the ones already mentioned:

- backstage tours like Segway

- secrets or little known facts about WDW

- WDWFWfan's idea: "behind-the-scenes" related tidbits. What's it like to
work at Disney, what goes on after hours?

- DCL segment - I would love an interview w/ Tracey from her Med Cruise!
That way I can live vicariously through her experience since our next cruise
isn't until the Sept '08 double dip!

happy2go2wdwmom
06-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Sorry to be such a hog on this thread, but there's so much I'd love to hear! Because of my Disney obsession, I plan a lot of trips for other people (which I thoroughly enjoy!!) and I have just been asked to plan my first Grand Gathering (they have to go during Spring Break/March '08)---I'd like to hear round table discussions about Grand Gathering info and tips. THANKS!

JL123
06-25-2007, 02:34 PM
Great ideas so far!

I would also like to hear reviews of the Disney resorts, including the group of Downtown Disney area hotels (I'm curious how they compare in amenities, bus transportation, pools, food, etc.).

How about a discussion on renting DVC points for your vacation stay? How does renting points compare cost-wise to booking a room? What are some actual experiences podcast hosts or listeners have had renting points? Any situations where renting points is recommended or definitely not recommended?

GREAT podcasts everyone...thanks again! :thumbsup2

happy2go2wdwmom
06-27-2007, 08:32 AM
What other DIS related websites do you recommend???

surfergrl31
06-27-2007, 10:06 AM
This would be appropriate for closer to Halloween, but what about tales of "haunted Disneyworld"? Julie made some reference as to ghost stories told by the Wishes cruise captain. That piqued my interest.....

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

I think that would be a really great idea esp. closer to Halloween. I have heard a few stories about different rides even one that includes the haunted mansion.

I think a segment on things you might not know you could do at disney. For example, the cruises, driving experience, pirate treasure hunt at GF and get some info and people who have actually done these things to comment on them.

cxcelica
06-27-2007, 01:48 PM
To me I would like to really hear more reviews. I think the work Kevin does with them are outstanding. You could even call it something like "A Kloser Look" with Kevin Klose. It does not have to just be limited to restaurants, you could mix in books (as you have already done) and hotel rooms etc. I really enjoy hearing the thorough and honest opinions.

mommyceratops
06-27-2007, 05:37 PM
I am a new listener and I just LOVE the podcasts! I listened to 4 shows at work today!! :happytv: could not be happier!!

I would love a Disney Did you know or secrets show.......Some of the little info you put in is so fascinating!

I love the show! Thanks for putting it together!!

popcorn::

Hygiene99
06-27-2007, 06:33 PM
No new ideas, but I will second some of the ones already mentioned:

- DCL segment - I would love an interview w/ Tracy from her Med Cruise!
That way I can live vicariously through her experience since our next cruise
isn't until the Sept '08 double dip!

That is a Great Idea!
:grouphug:

snoopywoodstockus
06-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Pete,

Thanks to you and the whole gang for all the work you do every week. I love the podcast and can't wait to hear it each week.

I would like to have Rose and Crown reviewed with attention paid to their bar menu as well. I hear the bar menu differs a little from the dining room menu and I can't find a specific menu for the bar area.

Torontogal
06-29-2007, 06:53 PM
I know I haev already posted before but some more ideas - sorry to be a hog!

I would love to hear about any great Disney books that people read. I am so fascinated by Walt's life and find it so incredible that he had this dream and it turned into something so incredible!

I would love to hear people's very special experiences at Disney - what are some of your most memorable times and what made them so special? These can be things like experiences with your family or special things done by a CM.

I would love to hear from big winners of the castle stay - what were their experiences like?

DVC members - why they became DVC members and what their tips are to other DVC members.

I would love to hear secrets about the Disney Magic (the cruise) things that the average person would not know or be able to read about in a travel
book.

Okay...I am done! Sorry to be a hog!

tinkerbellblondie19
07-02-2007, 12:14 PM
I'd like to hear a completely unedited show ;)

calypso*a*go-go
07-03-2007, 07:12 PM
My DD is entering high school this year and has already been talking about the College Program...I would love to hear more about it. Also, I'm very interested in the corporate structure @ Disney. Can someone truly work their way up the corporate ladder? That kind of thing. :goodvibes

DisneyDame27
07-04-2007, 09:36 AM
Hi Peter -
As I sit here with my "DIS" cup filled with my favorite flavored coffee I have come up with a few things that I would like to hear about. This, of course, is in addition to all the things that you already do so well.
First, cast members. I really would like to hear some of their stories. Especially the ones that have been doing this for a long time. Where they are from, etc and their "secrets" to everything not known by others.
Next I would like to learn more about the DIS team. I listen to you all every week and like people you see in your neighborhood I see/hear you but don't really know you.
Contests - does anyone every win. If so, who, what, etc...details I need details :).
Working for Disney - like Corey my son Tony is in school for graphic design and wants to work for Disney. He took animation classes long ago at the Disney Institute over one of our vacations and was hooked. He will be changing majors in the Fall to arts and animation. How do you get your foot in the door and what other organizations could he look into that will still allow him to fulfull his dream.
Lastly, is it at all possible to make the show a twice a week fix? There are some weeks that I really need that double dose of DIS!
We will be back in WDW in Nov for the Funai classic. Meet you at Spaceship Earth! Anita

happy2go2wdwmom
07-18-2007, 10:52 AM
This was probably talked about on the podcasts before my time, but I have recently noticed a huge influx of Disney brand foods in my area---bags of Disney apples, and now Disney frozen foods...is this just new to my neighborhood stores or is this new everywhere? I guess they know their brand is an automatic sell---it worked on me--I HAD to buy those Disney apples and I even thought they tasted EXTRA delicious. Would like to hear more about these new product lines.

Also, has there ever been talk about Disney opening House of Mouse restaurants/game places through out the country (sort of like ChuckE Cheese)?

THANKS for this thread!

disneydude91
07-19-2007, 03:46 PM
I want a show dedicated to Bob's props and trophies and such! :banana:

dec2901
07-19-2007, 08:16 PM
NEW IDEAS

What about a "Best of the Best" segment? Pete tosses out any subject (ie ice cream, room view, tour, rest area, ride to get wet, appetizer, etc) and each podcast member mentions what they think is the best in WDW.

You could also have an "If" segment - If you could have any dinner in WDW for you birthday what would it be? If you could change one thing in Fantasyland what would it be? etc.

Instead of doing current Disney movie reviews, you could review disney movies from the vault. This might inspire some to watch a movie that they may not have seen or even heard of.

WOULD LIKE TO HEAR MORE OF . . .

Bob going on tours

resort reviews

"kaut" cam

WOULD LIKE TO HEAR KEVIN REVIEW . . .

more character meals

dinner shows

50's Prime time

Thank all of you so much for all you do!

oakmanner
07-19-2007, 10:23 PM
My family and I have been to WDW many times and have done most of the major attractions over and over again. My wife and I are visiting WDW as part of a Land & Sea package in the spring. Information like hidden gems or off the beaten path attractions/diversions would interest us.

Thanks,
Dennis-

bigsis1970
07-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Hi I am a single mom of a DD 13 and DS 10 and we have been to WDW once a year since 2001 (yep that means I traveled from Maine to Disney with a 8 yr & 5 yr old alone) but some ideas for you to use maybe...

1. have are a segment on the single parent family and how seating is on the rides for parties of 3 - like Space Mtn everyone sits alone vs. Everest is only 2 seats per row vs. Pirates is a whole bench fitting 5 or 6 so that families like mine will know what to expect on their trip.
2. how about a segment on going to the world solo - I took my first solo trip the end of Sept 2005 for my 35th birthday and then another one Feb 2007. The 2005 trip was completely solo I didn't do any dis meets or anything but in 2007 I meet a few dissers. In 2005 I did do a character breakfast in the AK for my birthday breakfast and had such a blast but in 2007 I just had counter service because I felt weird eating alone - maybe you could touch on that too.
3. I like the idea about the "secrets" how about the ones that save you $$ or give you the biggest bang for your buck - we use the one where you buy the double cheese burger and an extra bun to save some $ and we also buy our light up wands from the Disney Store before we leave home and while we purchase bottles of water in the parks we bring the little packets of sugar free drink mix (Walmart brand of Crystal Light and Propel) so that we can have a little variety to just plain water without buying soda

Hope this helps you - Thanks for the podcast I look forward to listening every Tuesday now that I have found them and have even been going way back to listen to the older ones - this helps me get my disney fix since I had to cancel my upcoming Aug trip Michelle

spaddy
07-20-2007, 01:04 PM
I just started listen and I love the podcast. I have a 2 year old and I would love more opinions on touring/dining/staying with young children.

chef_mickey
07-20-2007, 01:08 PM
what are we talking about???

:sad2: :disrocks:

chef_mickey
07-20-2007, 01:22 PM
pirate:
what are we talking about
pirate:

walkena
07-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Hi there,

I love the Podcast and just came back from a trip to Australia and listened to 15 hours of "saved" DIS Unplugged Podcasts - making the United Airlines flight bearable :) I also like your coments on accessibility - our DS (10) uses a WC and it is great to hear your tips and comments.

Anyways, as DVC members we have been fortunate enough to take 2 week trips each year. In order to avoid the point hike on Fri and Sat and to build in a WDW breather within the trip, we try to include a weekend away from WDW. It would be great if you guys could maybe profile a few places within Florida that are within 2 or three hours drive from WDW and that would be great places to spend a day or two exploring? For example, on our next trip we are thinking about visiting St Augustine for our mid-vacation getaway.

Keep up the great work.

WebmasterBob
07-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Hi Spaddy, I am going to be taking my grandchildren to the parks in the next few weeks. Touring with a 2 year old is going to be on the top of my list to check out.

digman6
07-25-2007, 09:07 PM
How about if someone is in the world talking to guests for tips , reviews on places they ate recently, rides what ever comes to mind. doing it all live on the air!

can you ask the Cms at the park if they had one tip for guests what would it be??? I bet they can give some great ones they are there daily!:confused3

Cyrano
07-26-2007, 05:45 AM
Hi Spaddy, I am going to be taking my grandchildren to the parks in the next few weeks. Touring with a 2 year old is going to be on the top of my list to check out.

I'm another who is looking forward to hearing a bit more for families with children. Thanks Bob :goodvibes

Aaronbox
07-26-2007, 02:01 PM
It would be a thrill to hear you all interview a current Disney Cast Member. I could see this go two ways:
1- Interview someone who has a very creative job there (choreographer for parades or shows, landscape designer just before Flower & Garden Festival, chef just before Food & Wine Festival, designer for the pyrotechnics, etc.).
2- PR person announcing a new attraction so that you all can ask all sorts of questions that wouldnít be answered in a Disney advertisement. Give us the inside scoop.

WebmasterPete
07-26-2007, 04:03 PM
I really appreciate all the suggestions. As I put together the shows for the next several weeks, I'm referencing this thread for ideas, so please keep them coming!!

Thanks,
Pete

3DisneyKids
07-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Hi there Pete and crew--love, love, love the podcast! :love: You guys get me through my physical therapy each week!

As for new topics...I would love to hear more info. about things to do on property, but not in the parks. On the DVC boards, there are tons of posts from folks who are no longer park commandos (due to being able to visit more frequently). We now play "down days" so that we can actually have a RELAXING Disney Vacation! Who even knew that was possible?!?! :rotfl2:

Seriously, I would love to hear about resort activities, activities at places like the Community Hall at OKW, Winter/Summerland mini golf, renting boats...basically, on-property acitivities that don't include going to a park. Thanks!

3DisneyKids
07-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Just thought of another idea...

Many guide books suggest taking a day and visiting the town of Celebration, the "Town that Disney Built." What is the history of this town (I know Disney is no longer involved.) Is it worth going to see?

disneyholic family
07-30-2007, 06:25 AM
Since i only began listening to your podcast this week for the first time, I feel a bit silly posting on this thread, since maybe you've covered this topic in your prior shows.

And I'm not sure if this falls within the range of what you'll cover in your podcasts, but anyway, here goes.

I'd be very interested in information/tips/whatever regarding Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea and Hong Kong Disneyland.