PDA

View Full Version : Which curtains would be best?

pantherlj
05-24-2007, 09:42 PM
I need curtains for my 7 yr old's room. It get really hot in her room in the summer. She has blinds right now. I am looking for something to keep the heat down (and cold out in the winter). I have a gift card at Pennys and they have free shipping this weekend. I am awful with home decor so would love any input. I would even need help on what size to get! Her window it 70
' wide. The window itself is about 64" in height. About 81" from the top of the window to the floor.

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/categoryall.aspx?DeptID=25437&CatID=28416&cm_ven=WKND%20EVENT&cm_cat=16MEM&cm_pla=BOE&cm_ite=Window%20Sale%20Banner

Any tips? Any specific curtains you would recommend on jcpenny.com?

Thanks

Lunchlady
05-24-2007, 09:59 PM
I purchased the Antoinette Thermal Jacquard drapes for my living room. I have a large front window that catches the morning sun. The drapes really keep the heat out. I wanted these for so long. I had thermal drapes years ago in another house and swore by them. Take the plunge. You won't regret it.

pantherlj
05-25-2007, 01:12 PM
I purchased the Antoinette Thermal Jacquard drapes for my living room. I have a large front window that catches the morning sun. The drapes really keep the heat out. I wanted these for so long. I had thermal drapes years ago in another house and swore by them. Take the plunge. You won't regret it.

I like how they describe those - keep the heat out in summer, cold out in winter - perfect :) I think my only problem with those - they don't have a pattern that would work for DD's room.

Based on the size windows I have, do you know what size curtains I should get? I read somewhere that you are suppose to double the size of the window? So if my window is 70" wide, do I need 2 panels that are 70" wide :confused3

Lunchlady
05-25-2007, 01:53 PM
These particular curtains come in a pair which is rare now. I bought standard ones for my regular window but my front window is wide so I measured it and bought just a bit wider so i can have fullness in them. They really work.