PDA

View Full Version : Question about photopass sharing in September...

SpinningMakesUDisney
05-24-2007, 09:24 PM
We'll be at DW in late September and I would LURVE to share a photopass with a few people. Soooo...when would be a good time to start asking (begging) for other participants and what is an ideal number of people? Is there a seasoned veteran out there willing to guide me (particularly someone going in September...wink, wink)?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
:confused:

SerinaEmily
05-24-2007, 10:06 PM
When will you be there? We are going September 21-October 1 and would be interested in sharing with you .. I would think it would basically be something like we both have our own photopass cards and meet up at the end of our stay and one of us would take them all home and register them all under one account. Then say you'd paypal me or give me the money at the park for half of the cost of the CD, I'd order it, save them to my computer and send the CD along to you.
I'd have no problem organizing it and handling it, I could even host all the pictures on my website for sharing, and we could both have access to my photopass account to view them and edit them before I order the CD.
Totally doable and I'd be happy to have the cost cut down as I plan to utilize photopass ops fully!

newtodcl
05-24-2007, 11:15 PM
I am going 9/22-9/27 and would also be interested in planning ahead and getting a group together to share the CD. From what I have read from otheres a group of 4-5 max os ideal to allow everyone to have plenty of photos.....I am expecting our 2nd child in 2 weeks, so I will be a little busy to pull it all together:rotfl: , but please count me in to form a group/share the costs etc. I have a paypal account or we could do a meet at the parks i suppose.:confused3

SerinaEmily
05-24-2007, 11:39 PM
I am going 9/22-9/27 and would also be interested in planning ahead and getting a group together to share the CD. From what I have read from otheres a group of 4-5 max os ideal to allow everyone to have plenty of photos.....I am expecting our 2nd child in 2 weeks, so I will be a little busy to pull it all together:rotfl: , but please count me in to form a group/share the costs etc. I have a paypal account or we could do a meet at the parks i suppose.:confused3

what park are you going to be at on the 27th? We'd have to arrange a meet up time/place. What resort are you at?

Anyone know what the max limit of number of pictures they'll put on a CD is?

VanessasMom
05-24-2007, 11:50 PM
what park are you going to be at on the 27th? We'd have to arrange a meet up time/place. What resort are you at?

Anyone know what the max limit of number of pictures they'll put on a CD is?
I think the max is 300, but don't quote me on it.

Also, just to let you know...you don't have to meet up. You can just email each other your photopass number and order it online. Just an FYI.

My dates are 9/9-9/18, so if we could get someone who can bridge the 9/18-9/21 gap and there is enough interest I'd be in.

SerinaEmily
05-24-2007, 11:58 PM
awwww .. that would be a smarter way to do it lol!

newtodcl
05-25-2007, 12:00 AM
I did a search and found some more info posted below: it appears there is not a max number of pics now that they have raised the price to $125 (although more pics would be more cumbersome to sort thru...) you do not have to meet up to all use the same card or anything, I guess if you wanted to exchange funds in person you could. We will be staying at POP and the 27th is actually our departure day so we will probably go to MK for a little while.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Copied from another post below:

Bump and instructions. OK here is how others are doing this. You will be given a photopass card by the disney photographers as they take your picture. Once you get home do not put the numbers on your own account. We will have one person who will burn the CD's collect everyone's photopass #s (on the cards). He/she will then set up an account and share the username and password with the group. Then we (the whole group) can go in and alter our own pics. Then after the monies have been collected by a specific date, set up before hand, a CD will be created by the "CD person", then distrubuted to everyone in the group. I hope that makes sense. Here's a link to another thread that describes it, as well. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....e+photopass+cd I think that is how everyone is doing it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone who has recently participated in a shared account and has any tips, please let us know

SerinaEmily
05-25-2007, 12:21 AM
that sounds easy enough!
I'm staying at POP too btw!

SpinningMakesUDisney
05-25-2007, 08:18 AM
enough people to make this affordable!!

So, it's SerinaEmily (thanks for volunteering to lead us), newtodcl, vanessasmom and me so far, right? We'll be at the Port Orleans Riverside from 9/22-9/27.

Is there a time frame we need to keep in mind? How long before the photopass expires?

Oh, I'm so excited!!

Maybe we should trade email addy's sometime, eh?

liliagm
05-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Count me in! We will be there from 9/26 to 9/30 at the AS Movies, on a short trip but it will be the first time with our baby, so I'm guessing we will have lots of pictures taken!, I have a pay pal account as well and I think that would be easier for the money part than meeting somewhere, there's always so much going on when on vacation.... but I'm open to whatever SerinaEmily wants to do, since she has volunteered to take care of it :) Thanks!

PA Princess
05-25-2007, 10:37 AM
I did the shared Photopass last fall with others from the Dis (I did not organize it), and it was such a nice thing! It was earier at that time because we could look at the pics at home and send on our photopass number for the shared CD. I think now you can only open the pics in one photopass account...is that correct?

We will be on vacation 9/1-9/11, and I would love to jump in on the shared photopass if that is still an option. Let me know - thanks!

bop28
05-25-2007, 10:43 AM
This sounds like a great idea, but I'm not sure how the cost to each family is determined. Can anyone help me with that? :)

SerinaEmily
05-25-2007, 12:01 PM
looking good!

Looks like there's 7 people interested .. do you think that's too many or should we split it into two groups because I'm sure more people will join this thread?
I'm just thinking 7 batches of family photos will be a lot to sort through on the CD?

Lets' say we take the first 5 people to start .. that makes it $25 each to forward to me ahead of time (plus tax i would assume and delivery charges and the cost of me mailing you your copy of the CD right?) so I'd say with 5 members we'd all pay $30ish for a photoCD .. that's awesome!
Would you all like to PM me your email addresses? My email is ryansmom_99@hotmail.com
Then we can set up how to pool the money together before we head down!

First 5 Members are

SerinaEmily
newtodlc
SpinningMakesUDisney
Vanessasmom
liliagm

you guys want to forward me your emails and we'll get planning ...

PAPrincess and bop28 I could help you guys organize your group too if you'd like and get it started (but have one of you collect the money) .. maybe be able to find more people going mid month closer to your dates PAPrincess so you're not waiting a month to see your pictures? Bop28 let me know if the price sounds right and you want to join group 2 :)

taraprather
05-25-2007, 12:09 PM
count me in!!! I'm going September 16-23

Makdyn
05-25-2007, 12:24 PM
count me in sept 12-18

SerinaEmily
05-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Group 1

SerinaEmily
newtodlc
SpinningMakesUDisney
Vanessasmom
liliagm

Group 2 so far

PAPrincess
bop28 ?
taraprather
Makdyn

.. anyone from group two want to take responsibility for the collection of the money and burning the CD's?

Punky's Mama
05-25-2007, 12:57 PM
I would definately be interested in joining a group. We are going 9/15-9/22. I don't know how this all works as I'm a newbie, hand holding please?? ha ha.

Thanks everyone!:grouphug:

tinaluis
05-25-2007, 01:10 PM
We're definitely interested in joining a group too. We're going 9/16 - 9/29 staying at POP!

SerinaEmily
05-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Looks like we got two groups full .. Bop28 isn't doing it so I added the two new interested members .. group 2's dates align well as well for mid September and group 1's for the end of the month.

Just need someone from group 2 to volunteer to be the money collector and CD burner :) and group 1 members PM me with your email addresses!

Group 1

SerinaEmily
newtodlc
SpinningMakesUDisney
Vanessasmom
liliagm

Group 2 so far

PAPrincess
Punky's Mama
taraprather
Makdyn
tinaluis

Makdyn
05-25-2007, 01:46 PM
how would i burn the cd? That is the only thing stopping me for volunteering. I know how to burn music, but will everyone get a copy of the cd with the other families on it? If someone will help me I will do it. I can pratice at home with the photopass cd from last year.

VanessasMom
05-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Looks like we got two groups full .. Bop28 isn't doing it so I added the two new interested members .. group 2's dates align well as well for mid September and group 1's for the end of the month.

Just need someone from group 2 to volunteer to be the money collector and CD burner :) and group 1 members PM me with your email addresses!

Group 1

SerinaEmily
newtodlc
SpinningMakesUDisney
Vanessasmom
liliagm

Group 2 so far

PAPrincess
Punky's Mama
taraprather
Makdyn
tinaluis
I am willing to coordinate & burn the cd's here for group 2. I think I need to switch into that group because my dates are 9/9-9/18. Could I switch with taraprather as her dates actually meet up to yours? Please let me know if there are any objections to me switching groups. I don't think I will be able to be in Group 1 because there is a gap in dates and you have to be consecutive, KWIM? Let me know. I'd love to coordinate. :)

Punky's Mama
05-25-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm a part of group 2, Yeah! Thank you for offering to coordinate VanessasMom, Jennifer! I will try to figure out how exactly to PM you my email address, etc to coordinate.

I am so excited!!:cheer2:

PA Princess
05-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Looks like we have a volunteer or two to coordinate group 2, so I will not add to the offers. We leave for a vacation (not WDW) tomorrow, so I will not be back for a week or so to check this thread.

Just wanted to reiterate that I am a go for group 2 even if I am silent here for a while. A week without the Dis but I will not be in the World - how will I manage??? :confused3

I am so excited to have the shared photopass lined up so early!!!

SerinaEmily
05-25-2007, 02:30 PM
How does this look?

Group 1

SerinaEmily - coordinator - PM with your email addresses :) September 21 - October 1
newtodlc - September 22 - 27
SpinningMakesUDisney - September 22 - 27
taraprather - September 16 - 23
liliagm - September 26 - 30

Group 2

Vanessasmom - coordinator - PM with your email addresses :) - September 9 - 18
PAPrincess - September 1 - 11
Punky's Mama - September 15 - 22
Makdyn - September 12 - 18
tinaluis - September 16 - 29

Punky's Mama
05-25-2007, 02:34 PM
Thank you SerinaEmily for coordinating all of this for us! I PM'd VanessasMom with my info. I am so excited to have this all taken care of so early, one less thing to worry about. This is great!!!

A little over 3 months till our trips, YES!!

tinaluis
05-25-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm sorry to throw a monkeywrench into the plan, but I'm thinking that I should be in Group 1. I read on the Photopass website that pics had to be looked at within thirty days?? Is that right? So if someone in our group is starting out on 9/1, would my return date of 9/29 (and actually later because we're driving) throw things off? I just don't want to screw things up and I've never used Photopass before. Anyone with some experience know the answer to this?

SerinaEmily
05-25-2007, 02:50 PM
hmmm .. I *think* you're able to view/order pictures on the photopass website for 30 days after you register your photopass card on the site .. so really it would be a matter of not registering yours until the end of the month after the last person is back? I'll look into it and as well .. if someone else joins whos dates mesh better then we can do some switching around.

SerinaEmily
05-25-2007, 02:53 PM
... but for the sake of argument maybe we should put you in group 1 now anyways and switch you with taraprather just going by last days .. that would even up the gap a bit too .. ill do that now I don't think anyone minds at this point :)

SerinaEmily
05-25-2007, 02:55 PM
Group 1

SerinaEmily - coordinator - PM with your email addresses :) September 21 - October 1
newtodlc - September 22 - 27
SpinningMakesUDisney - September 22 - 27
liliagm - September 26 - 30
tinaluis - September 16 - 29

Group 2

Vanessasmom - coordinator - PM with your email addresses :) - September 9 - 18
PAPrincess - September 1 - 11
Punky's Mama - September 15 - 22
Makdyn - September 12 - 18
taraprather - September 16 - 23

SerinaEmily
05-25-2007, 06:29 PM
I did a rough calculation of the cost of the CD ($125) plus shipping and tax (6.5% right?) plus the cost of the CD to burn the pictures on plus estimated shipping (I guessed at $5 but I would think it may be cheaper?) and I came to a total of $33 each .. does that look good to everyone? If i can I will try to separate each family's pictures so that your CD will not have 200 pictures of others on it.
I emailed Photopass to ask if there is a limit as to the number of pictures they will burn on the CD as well.

SerinaEmily
05-25-2007, 07:14 PM
and yes it looks like we have 30 days from the day the pass is issued at the park to claim it on the site .. and then they stay on the site for another 30 days thereafter but with all our dates it looks like it will work fine.
I will give you my photopass login information and when we each get back we can register our cards on the site and start editing them. I think I'm the last one back on October 1 and I will add my pictures and then order the photoCD by the end of that week and I'm sure we'll be well within the time frame.

Hunzi
05-25-2007, 09:59 PM
I may be a bit late, but I'd be interested in a photopass share for September.

Our vacation dates are Sept 21-30, so I guess I'd be best in the later group or in a 3rd group.

Let me know if this would work out. I'd be happy to burn the CDs for a group too.

Always ;-)
Hunzi

SerinaEmily
05-25-2007, 10:26 PM
hey :) we'll be at POP the same time .. let's see if more people join and can create a 3rd group and if not we'll squeeze you in somewhere :)

zaztooe
05-25-2007, 10:27 PM
We are going from Sept 12th to the 17 and would love to join a group if there is one available.

GoofItUp
05-25-2007, 10:41 PM
I will be traveling Sept 14-23 and would be glad to coordinate a group. I'm coordinating one now for my aunt and uncle (who are at the world right now!), so I'll have one time of doing this under my belt by the time my trip comes up. If anyone is interested in joining a group with me, please PM me!

Just to let you know -- there is no limit to how many photos can be on a cd. I sent the same question to Disney Photopass last week.

le9397
05-25-2007, 10:49 PM
I will be traveling Sept 14-23 and would be glad to coordinate a group. I'm coordinating one now for my aunt and uncle (who are at the world right now!), so I'll have one time of doing this under my belt by the time my trip comes up. If anyone is interested in joining a group with me, please PM me!

Just to let you know -- there is no limit to how many photos can be on a cd. I sent the same question to Disney Photopass last week.

I'm going Sept 6 - 15 and would love to get to in a group. What a great idea! Thanks so much!

Dizneydaz
05-25-2007, 10:54 PM

Sent you a PM :goodvibes

zaztooe
05-25-2007, 11:53 PM
PM'd you! :-)

VanessasMom
05-26-2007, 08:11 AM
This thread is coming together great! I got 2 pm's with email addresses so far for group 2. Looks like there's a Group 3 now.

I actually wasn't considering getting the photopass before because it was so pricey, but now I'm REALLY excited to afford it! My husband and I never get our picture taken together because one of us always has to take the picture. I think we may have 5 pics of us together in the last 5 years.

You know it's bad when the preschool teacher asks you to send in a family picture and you have to send one in that is a year old! :)

mommic32
05-26-2007, 08:56 AM
I'd be interested as well....
Our dates are Sept 9-Sept 16th,, If we can squeeze in there some where, I'd appriciate it.

Thanks!

SpinningMakesUDisney
05-26-2007, 10:21 AM
I'm always so impressed when someone is willing to put themselves out to help a bunch of strangers. Thanks for babysitting this thread and organizing the different groups. I sent you an email with all my dirt...please let me know if there is anything else I can do to make things easier for you! And as far as sorting everyone's pics...not to worry for me...I don't mind wading through other people's fun to find my family!
Martine

CAJUNBLAZE
05-26-2007, 10:46 AM
I will be going sept 9th-15th and if anyone would take me in thier group i would be very thankful.
please pm me!!:thumbsup2

CAJUNBLAZE
05-26-2007, 10:54 AM
just a thought, i have read on another post that someone had 600 pic on their photopass alone and with the editing she did the 6oo photos took three cds!!

SerinaEmily
05-26-2007, 11:00 AM
did they have to pay for the 3 CD's? or was it all under one price for the account?

SerinaEmily
05-26-2007, 11:01 AM
and no problem Martine lol .. I'm too Type A to give up control of things so I enjoy organizing stuff like this lol.

CAJUNBLAZE
05-26-2007, 11:06 AM
she didnt have to pay extra for the cds, but it will cost extra for the person of each group that will burn the cds for that group. so you should make a cost per cd charge to be fair to everyone. please let me know if there is room in a group!:banana:

CAJUNBLAZE
05-26-2007, 11:08 AM
i dont think she said you could separate the pictures on the cd you order.

zaztooe
05-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Vanessa,

I would like to join a group. We would never get this on our own but this makes it much more affordable!! My husband said the same thing - Now he can be in the picture :-).

For our preschool picture we had to use the time on our camera in our living room the day before we had to give it to the teacher LOL

It seems I can't PM so my email is melindaj@optonline.net

THanks

SerinaEmily
05-26-2007, 11:18 AM
I was thinking though that if I saved all of them to my computer I'd be able to pick and chose which ones to view on which CD. No promises I'll have the time though lol but I could try :)

SerinaEmily
05-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Looks like GoofItUp is going to head up group 3 .. anyone not in a group should PM GoofItUp and then you can post who is in group 3 when you've all talked.

Chelley00
05-26-2007, 01:29 PM
We would love to share a photopass CD with someone. Our dates are Sept 16-22. Please let me know who to send information too! Thank you!

MikeAidanEoinMom
05-26-2007, 01:54 PM
We'll be at DW in late September and I would LURVE to share a photopass with a few people. Soooo...when would be a good time to start asking (begging) for other participants and what is an ideal number of people? Is there a seasoned veteran out there willing to guide me (particularly someone going in September...wink, wink)?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
:confused:

I am going 9/19 - 9/24 ....I would be in . I participated in one for MAy and LOVED just having them take tons of pictures knowing I would be able to get them all. LMK

mjhd
05-26-2007, 01:57 PM
I would love to get in on this! We will be there 8/26-9/2. Please let me know what you need me to do! Thanks!

VanessasMom
05-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Vanessa,

I would like to join a group. We would never get this on our own but this makes it much more affordable!! My husband said the same thing - Now he can be in the picture :-).

For our preschool picture we had to use the time on our camera in our living room the day before we had to give it to the teacher LOL

It seems I can't PM so my email is melindaj@optonline.net

THanks
I'll add you to my group.

I'm not Vanessa though, that's my daughter's name. :) I'm Jennifer.

As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't mind having more than 5 people join into Group 2. That's less money we have to spend...

MikeAidanEoinMom
05-26-2007, 06:46 PM

As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't mind having more than 5 people join into Group 2. That's less money we have to spend...

Our MAy group had 7 families.... we all pitched in $24.00 that included shipping and making the discs.... I'll join any group who will have me !!LMAO

Hunzi
05-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Hey gang!

Should I PM GoofItUp or am I already in with SerinaEmily? Just trying to know my place in the world. ;-)

Always ;-)
Hunzi

SerinaEmily
05-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Hey gang!

Should I PM GoofItUp or am I already in with SerinaEmily? Just trying to know my place in the world. ;-)

Always ;-)
Hunzi

PM GoofItUp to see if they need more members in group 3 and if not then PM me and let me know and I'll add you to group 1 as your dates fit well :)

GoofItUp
05-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Here's what I've got for Group 3:

GoofItUp - Sept 14-23
Disneydaz - Sept 6-16
Cajunblaze - Sept 9-15
mjhd - Aug 26-Sept 2
MikeAidanEoinMom - Sept 19-24
le9397 - Sept 6-15
Chelley00 - Sept 16-22

The only date I'm a little concerned with is mjhd's since we only have a 30-day window to get the pictures ordered. Is there an earlier group that still has space available?

SerinaEmily - Would it be possible to edit your first post on page one to keep a running tally on who's in what group so that no one gets left out? It might also help us align dates a little better. Or if it would be easier we could start a new thread and I could post on page one to keep a list. Let me know which we should do.

I know that there is no limit to the number of pictures you can have on the Photopass CD per an email from Disney Photopass Customer Service. I'm assuming they will send multiple CD's if you have too many pics for the first CD. At least for my group, the cost of burning an extra cd is nominal since my DH buys these in bulk. The extra cost if multiple cd's were used would be with shipping. Even that would probably not be more than a couple of dollars, right?

And finally, if anyone wanted to get a cd with just their pics, they could always upload all of their pics to Wal-Mart (or wherever) and have a cd made of just those pics. For my group, I'll copy all pics to the new cd's....I'm too nervous I would leave a picture out for someone if I tried to separate them!

CAJUNBLAZE
05-26-2007, 10:53 PM
thanks goofitup...:banana: :banana: :banana:
let me know if there is anything i can do to help!

mom2jacob
05-26-2007, 10:59 PM
I am interested in a swap also. I don't mind heading another group if you get another one going. My dates are Sept 1-10. Let me know Thanks Ashli

zaztooe
05-26-2007, 11:17 PM

Thanks Jennifer!! GIRTT ;-)

Let me know what you need. I think this is so cool!! We would NEVER buy the CD for ourselves.

SerinaEmily
05-27-2007, 12:31 AM
I didn't start this thread so I can't edit the first post .. it's probably better to start a new thread if you don't mind and we can keep track of who's in which group. Group one is all contacted and confirmed on my end.

CAJUNBLAZE
05-27-2007, 08:26 AM
It would be rather neat to get all your group pictures on your cd. You would get to see fellow dis having fun at the world and also get photo ideas for your next trip!:banana: :banana: :banana:

kaw1218
05-27-2007, 08:30 AM
Has there been a new thread started?
Is it too late to join a group?

I will be there Sept 8-16th.
Is there room for one more??? :)

Thanks.

meanviking
05-27-2007, 11:21 AM
We're going the 4th through the 10th. I'd like in if there's still room!

mjhd
05-27-2007, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't have a problem switching to Group 2 if they'll have me :) I wouldn't want to lose my pics or cause a problem for anyone else. Just let me know. Thanks!

Here's what I've got for Group 3:

GoofItUp - Sept 14-23
Disneydaz - Sept 6-16
Cajunblaze - Sept 9-15
mjhd - Aug 26-Sept 2
MikeAidanEoinMom - Sept 19-24
le9397 - Sept 6-15
Chelley00 - Sept 16-22

The only date I'm a little concerned with is mjhd's since we only have a 30-day window to get the pictures ordered. Is there an earlier group that still has space available?

SerinaEmily - Would it be possible to edit your first post on page one to keep a running tally on who's in what group so that no one gets left out? It might also help us align dates a little better. Or if it would be easier we could start a new thread and I could post on page one to keep a list. Let me know which we should do.

I know that there is no limit to the number of pictures you can have on the Photopass CD per an email from Disney Photopass Customer Service. I'm assuming they will send multiple CD's if you have too many pics for the first CD. At least for my group, the cost of burning an extra cd is nominal since my DH buys these in bulk. The extra cost if multiple cd's were used would be with shipping. Even that would probably not be more than a couple of dollars, right?

And finally, if anyone wanted to get a cd with just their pics, they could always upload all of their pics to Wal-Mart (or wherever) and have a cd made of just those pics. For my group, I'll copy all pics to the new cd's....I'm too nervous I would leave a picture out for someone if I tried to separate them!

GoofItUp
05-27-2007, 03:59 PM
ALERT!! ALERT!! ALERT!!

I am going to start a new thread called "Official Sept Photopass Thread" with the first post listing each group, the leader, members and travel dates. Give me a few minutes to get it typed up and then we can add on there!

AmberI
05-27-2007, 06:59 PM
I would be interested in a photopass share for September. i'll be there sept 15-22. Can I sign up too please.