PDA

View Full Version : Trip Insurance?

budbeerlady
05-24-2007, 02:41 PM
I dont buy the trip insurance usually from Disney or AAA. What are some on-line offerings, and I am mainly concererned about if they would cover a delayed or earlier trip home due to a death in the family.

We are going in mid-october, booked thru AAA and I made my own flight arangements.

Thanks!

angwill
05-24-2007, 02:56 PM
try ***************** The last two trips I went with travelguard because they covered what I needed covered and my son was free so it ended up being the lowest. Keep in mind that some companies give lower rates if you get your insurance within 2 weeks of booking.

HTH

gilby
05-24-2007, 10:10 PM
We paid 59 a piece and our daughter was free. It a piece of mind having insurance after our last trip.
We planned a princess cruise in March. Well it was the week of two huge snow storms in one week, which caused our plane to not come in from Atlanta. So when we arrived at airport no plane, flight cancelled. We stood in line for an hour and 1/2 to find us a flight,then we flew to Newark, NJ, then to Atlanta, then to San Juan, missed our ship by 10 minutes. We were put up in a hotel in San Juan and flew to St. Thomas the following morning. Thank goodness we had insurance or it would have cost us 100 a piece to fly to meet our ship,plus hotel cost, because it was weather related. We had spent 22 hours in airports. Very tiring.
Our return flight was interesting too, all flights cancelled out of San Juan due to volcano ashes in the air, then when we finally were able to fly out, we had iguanas on the run way. We made it to Atlanta and when to get our seats to fly delta home and guess what, plane was full. I just about sat down and cried. Can't get to our trip, can't get home. Luckily 8 people opted to stay back so we took their seats and were able to make it home. We had a nice fun time when we were on the cruise and enjoyed the islands.