PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to get the DP in my situation?

jayhjay
05-24-2007, 08:21 AM
I am pretty sure the answer is no, but figured I'd ask...

DH is traveling to a conference at the Dolphin/YC. We are staying at BC but booked through group reservations so we don't have a package. Even if we add on park tickets, I assume there is still no way to be eligible to buy the DDP, is there? We are getting a big discount on the room booking through the group ressies, so I doubt it would be worth it to book at the regular, or even AAA rates instead. I am not complaining, just wondering if there is a way to make this work that I have overlooked. We really enjoyed the DDP when we were there last fall. Thanks!

girli565
05-24-2007, 08:35 AM
From what I understand if you get a discounted room rate (aside from AAA room discount and dining package which you have to book through their TA agency) you can't get a package that includes dining. They consider the dining a discount and discounts cannot be combined. at least that's what the CM I spoke to told me when I booked.

paulh
05-24-2007, 12:04 PM
you would have to buy a 1 day base park tickket minimum for everone in the booking and pay for the DDP for evernight,for each in party.The 3 night min is for the free ddp.You could only try if you get it its a bounus
Paulh

kcashner
05-24-2007, 08:18 PM
You have to book a non-discounted room with at least a one day park ticket. Each member of the party must be on the plan and must purchase the same ticket. DVC members staying at DVC resorts on points don't need to purchase park tickets.

Your group rate for the conference would already be considered a discount...so no free dining.

paulh
05-25-2007, 11:30 AM
You have to book a non-discounted room with at least a one day park ticket. Each member of the party must be on the plan and must purchase the same ticket. DVC members staying at DVC resorts on points don't need to purchase park tickets.

Your group rate for the conference would already be considered a discount...so no free dining.

dont think op is trying to get the free ddp should be ableto get paid ddp even on a discounted room.Some have got it with the 40% code
Paulh

kat3668
05-27-2007, 03:41 PM
My understanding is that you must purchase a MMWY package to qualify for the DDP.. I had a room reservation with the 40%off with park hoppers and had to cancel my reservation and upgrade to a package to add the dining plan.
I think that with a group discount you would not qualify unless you make your own reservations with a package.
Hope you have a great trip!

tasha99
05-27-2007, 03:53 PM
I booked a DDP package with a discount code last September (not free dining, but I got about $40 off my CSR room per night). I'm pretty sure you only need to pay rack rates if your dining is free.

KKB
05-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Well, I booked rooms w/ 40% off discount...
Called later to add tickets & DDP; first they said NO, but I called again and said this was confusing to me that I could have booked it originally, but I can't now...
You KNOW they want my $...we got the DDP added to our 40% off package.