PDA

View Full Version : So You Think You Can Dance 2007!!!

lewdyan1
05-24-2007, 08:20 AM
Tongihts the big night! See you all after the auditions!:cool1:

PrincessNancy96
05-24-2007, 09:10 AM
What channel??
My kids and I love to watch the auditions for shows like that!!!! :)

lewdyan1
05-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Fox...It's to make up for AI ending!

PrincessNancy96
05-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Thank you!
I'll go program the tv to flip to it when it starts!!! ;)

BernardandMissBianca
05-24-2007, 11:41 AM
SHUT UP!!! Nooo way!!! Ok off to set the Tivo. You rock Dyan!!!:thumbsup2 :cool1:

I don't know how they are going to top Benji?!?!? :love:

I hope that girl that broke her foot comes back, she was talented.

Mickster
05-24-2007, 12:19 PM
It is already in my TiVo. I can't wait! :)

Faerie
05-24-2007, 12:56 PM
I agree about the broken foot chick

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!

aprilvaca04
05-24-2007, 01:28 PM
DIdn't watch ot last time but am planning on checking it out this time around...probably a dumb question but I'll ask anyway...how often is it on each week? What's the format?

jennyL
05-24-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm going to the movies tonight so I set my tivo. I'll have plenty of time to watch it this weekend since my DH is getting his wisdom teeth out so we're just hanging out at home.

vanyel
05-24-2007, 03:50 PM
I want a tivo. I've been thinking about checking out the Dish network DVR though but I'm already irritated at their rates.

BernardandMissBianca
05-24-2007, 05:12 PM
I set my Tivo for 2 minutes late too. I think it ran over next year.

V, you have to get a Tivo!!! We have DVR service on our cable box too but we also bought a spacial Tivo at Best Buy that had a recordable DVD player with it so I can record my Tivo'ed shows onto DVDs.

April, last year I think it was on 2x a week??? One for the dances itself and one for elimination. Teh grand prize was a 1 year contract with Celine Dion. Don't know who it will be this year. The basic format was I think 12 girls/12 boys I'm guessing at the numbers. But they were partnered up and had to learn a certain dance every week, one week it could be broadway and the next week it could be the contemporary. Each of the dancers usually had some kind of dance background too. But they had to learn new things too. Benji, last years winner, was a Swing dancer. His dad is the SWing King of the West Coast. Anyway he had to learn krumping, hip hop, contemporary. etc....
Each week 1 boy and 1 girl was eliminated. Some people had their partners for weeks, others would get new ones if their other 1/2 was eliminated. Towards the end they started switching partners every week, drawing names out of a hat and then drawing names. I think they had solo numbers too.
The 2 finalists were thisclose. It was a tough call, but I loved Benji. So I'm happy he won. DH was routing for Travis.

aprilvaca04
05-25-2007, 04:53 AM
I set my Tivo for 2 minutes late too. I think it ran over next year.

V, you have to get a Tivo!!! We have DVR service on our cable box too but we also bought a spacial Tivo at Best Buy that had a recordable DVD player with it so I can record my Tivo'ed shows onto DVDs.

April, last year I think it was on 2x a week??? One for the dances itself and one for elimination. Teh grand prize was a 1 year contract with Celine Dion. Don't know who it will be this year. The basic format was I think 12 girls/12 boys I'm guessing at the numbers. But they were partnered up and had to learn a certain dance every week, one week it could be broadway and the next week it could be the contemporary. Each of the dancers usually had some kind of dance background too. But they had to learn new things too. Benji, last years winner, was a Swing dancer. His dad is the SWing King of the West Coast. Anyway he had to learn krumping, hip hop, contemporary. etc....
Each week 1 boy and 1 girl was eliminated. Some people had their partners for weeks, others would get new ones if their other 1/2 was eliminated. Towards the end they started switching partners every week, drawing names out of a hat and then drawing names. I think they had solo numbers too.
The 2 finalists were thisclose. It was a tough call, but I loved Benji. So I'm happy he won. DH was routing for Travis.

Thanks...We will definitely check it out more. Got home last night from my daughters Jazz Band concert at school and had forgotten to record it...caught the last half hour.

lewdyan1
05-25-2007, 05:39 AM
I liked watching last night! I only wished they would have showed more of the call backs. That shows us who actually has the talent. I especially wanted to see why the second hip hop guy didn't make it!:guilty:

My two favorites were the teacher and student! The student was unbelievable...oh, also, the first ballroom dancers!

ddavis860
05-25-2007, 05:55 AM
I liked the first ballroom dancers too, and the sister of last year's guy (name?). They spent too much time on Sex and his mom...sheesh! That was NOT entertainment to me. Loved the teacher and student. Wow, that girl has legs the just didn't end.

So, my question is do they have screeners like on Idol? I know they let the untalented through for dramatic effect, but sometimes it's just painful to watch!

PrincessNancy96
05-25-2007, 06:20 AM
My favorites too were the teacher & student.. Boy did that student have a set of LONG legs on her.. She was just breath-taking to watch!!! Very talented..

I too, as well as my complaining kids, would have liked to see more of the callbacks.. more of the "you've got to be kiddin' me".. I thought it was funny w/ the mom what yelled at Nigel...

Faerie
05-25-2007, 07:49 AM
I can't believe Sex came back! I mean come on! His mother is doing him no favors. I know "kids" have dreams but it's a 30-something year old man for goodness sakes!

The student and teacher were both really good and that first ballroom pair - WOW!

I loved Benji last year too :)

PrincessNancy96
05-25-2007, 08:19 AM
I can't believe Sex came back! I mean come on! His mother is doing him no favors. I know "kids" have dreams but it's a 30-something year old man for goodness sakes!

The student and teacher were both really good and that first ballroom pair - WOW!

I loved Benji last year too :)

That is exactly what I was thinking with Sex's mom.. Good grief.. quit allowing him to follow a dream to destruction!!! She is definitely not doing him any favors... My kids even said they hope DH and I will be honest and if they are pitiful point them in the right direction to make themselves successes... I very nicely pointed out.. I'm the perfect mom.. so you are perfect in everything you do!!! :):rotfl:

Faerie
05-25-2007, 08:43 AM
It is one thing if your 7 year old child has a dream to be a dancer but obviously when you're 30-something with no training no rhythm etc. and just are scary to watch, it's time to find something else to do.

ddavis860
05-25-2007, 09:43 AM
I agree about "Sex". It's really sad that they spent so much time on him...and his mom. It was so painful to watch. As moms we all encourage the kiddos, but this is just not fair to that guy. And the show putting on the whole thing with the mom and all the criticism, it was just a waste. I needed to see those better dancers that went to choreography. A few of the crazies is entertaining, but like Idol, the sad ones need to not be shown...IMHO.

I hope next week there are some good ones.

Faerie
05-25-2007, 09:59 AM
I was not happy that they didn't show much of the choreography round. I wanted to see it

vanyel
05-25-2007, 11:31 AM
I was not happy that they didn't show much of the choreography round. I wanted to see it

So did I.

poohbearluvr
05-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Anyone know when the show is on tonight?

Callie
05-30-2007, 06:10 PM
Anyone know when the show is on tonight?

8 til 10

Mickster
05-30-2007, 07:41 PM
We actually fast forwarded through most of that drama. I really enjoy the good stuff, not the wannabes. I hope tonight is better.:goodvibes

Callie
05-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Man there were some good dancers tonight.... I was kinda busy drooling over wade :lmao:

Faerie
05-31-2007, 08:35 AM
There were some really good dancers tonight. Not as many really wierdos

BernardandMissBianca
05-31-2007, 08:42 AM
I hope they continue to skip over the weirdos. I won't watch American Idol anymore because of that.

There was some great talent there and I loved seeing Benji again. He was my personal pic last season.

jennyL
05-31-2007, 09:36 AM
I have it on the Tivo since I was at the theater. I hope to get through it before tonights show starts.

Mickster
05-31-2007, 10:23 AM
No weirdos which is good. But they sure didn't show many of the good ones either. Many of the ones that went on to Vegas were just a footnote. I can't wait for the dancing to begin!

Faerie
05-31-2007, 08:34 PM
I danced for many years, tap, jazz and a bit of ballet and I will be the first to admit that I don't get the lyrical! I think something is ech and the judges love it... what the heck am I missing? Rolling around on the floor is dancing now? I can do that

jennyL
06-01-2007, 07:17 AM
I'm all caught up. I can't wait until next week with the Las Vegas round. I'm hoping we see some more of the dancers.

I like the ex-football player last night. He'd be somethign nice to look at for the top 20 but I'm betting there are alot of really good dancers we just haven't seen yet.

Faerie
06-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Two hours of Vegas coming tonight!!

Edit: Scratch that.... 8 PM is a repeat of the Atlanta auditions... BOO

aprilvaca04
06-07-2007, 05:47 AM
I'm having trouble getting into this show. Do I need to stick it out and it gets better once the dancing starts?? Didn't watch it last time so I'm not sure if it's just me...

Mickster
06-07-2007, 06:26 AM
My DH and I were just saying the same thing. It does get better once they select the 20 and have to do certain dances. The audition shows didn't show the interesting parts at all and some of the drama is just unnecessary.

jennyL
06-07-2007, 07:25 AM
I agree the audition rounds I don't think are nearly as good as past years. My DH was amazed at how quick they started cutting people last night. He was like the first day WOW. Tonight we get the top 20 and I really hope the Olivia girl isn't in it. She comes across very whiny and annoying.

Next week should be good with the actual dancing.

aprilvaca04
06-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Well than I'll try to convince my family to stick with it. Thanks.

Faerie
06-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Season 1's h*ll week (as they called the Vegas week) was so much better but they only started with 50 or so, which is how many were left.

I'm not surprised that they started cutting so quickly - AI does the same thing.

Olivia - I'm torn, I'm not happy with her edit (I'd have the same breakdown if I were here with the group she had) but she has talent.

Apparently, there are some who are rumored to have made the top 20 that we've seen little-none of so far, hopefully we see more of them tonight.

BernardandMissBianca
06-07-2007, 11:27 AM
I hope it gets better soon. Bring on the partners.

Is it me or did there seem to be a lot more poppers, breakers, and hip hoppers this year?

jennyL
06-07-2007, 11:45 AM
I hope it gets better soon. Bring on the partners.

Is it me or did there seem to be a lot more poppers, breakers, and hip hoppers this year?

I was wondering the same thing and am thinking maybe we are seeing them since they won't make the top 20 or something. Like we won't get alot of behind the scenes on the ones that made it so as to not have favorites up front. Guess we'll see tonight.

kelleigh1
06-07-2007, 12:37 PM
It definitely gets better once we get into the real dancers and out of the auditions stage. I missed it last week, but did watch last night. Nobody jumped out at me yet, but it's early.

Last year, I started watching right before they cut to the top 20. Does everyone remember that Benji had to dance for his life to even make it to the finals? That's when we started watching and then we ended up rooting for him through the whole thing. So upset that I missed seeing him last week. He was so fun to watch.

Faerie
06-07-2007, 01:09 PM
His little sister looks more talented than he is

jennyL
06-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Did anyone watch last night? I thought they all did pretty good. I loved Lacey last night and I wasn't prepared to like her. Alot of the top 10 from last season where there sitting behind the choreographers last night. I loved seeing them cheering.

Should be curious to see the bottom 3 tonight and who goes home. I think the style they got last night really hurt some of them.

Mickster
06-14-2007, 02:09 PM
We watched. Most were good. My DH said that Ricky and Ashley (the ones that did the tango) looked like a mother and a son dancing together (and not in a good way). Then the one judge said the same thing. It was very funny. I think their days are numbered. We really liked the couple who did the waltz (the girl in the white dress). We'll see tonight.

rlovew
06-14-2007, 03:40 PM
I saw most of it my satellite feed was out for part of it so I missed the first couple of numbers. I thought the waltz was beautiful. Overall I thought the dancing was good I didn't see anyone who stood ou as deserving to go home.

Rebecca

Faerie
06-14-2007, 03:57 PM
I was speechless watching Lacey. Very impressive.

As someone who LOVES musical theater and did a lot of it in the past, I have never ever seen a dance number like that in the Wiz (or any other show for that matter)

Disneyland_emily
06-14-2007, 05:20 PM
I'm addicted to this show and can't wait for results tonight...

It stinks that now Im at my new location Ill work Wed/Thur every week so will have to live vicariously this season... (I tech get "better" days off but I like them less...)

-em

lajones81
06-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Who's watching? popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

OK, not to sound dumb, but who is the judge named Dan?

Also, I LOVED the intro. dance!! I can't wait to watch more! :)

jennyL
06-15-2007, 06:35 AM
I wasn't surprised with who went home. I was least impressed with their dance on Wednesday and then like the judges said I don't think they brought it last night. I can't wait to see the dances next week and have some of the other b-boys not do hip hop routines.

Faerie
06-15-2007, 07:43 AM
I thought it was almost funny that the two dancers that Mia pegged as her favorites are already gone.

lajones81
06-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Join us on the official thread! :)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1463385

vanyel
06-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Join us on the official thread! :)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1463385

But I like our thread:confused3

Anyway, I wasn't surprised about the girl that left but I kinda liked the guy.

Faerie
06-16-2007, 10:49 AM
I was a bit surprised that they kick Ricky off over D-Trix (dude in green) since he seems like a one trick pony to me.

Ashlee wasn't a surprise. her solo (or DOD as other sites call it) wasn't very good, even more so after watching Sabra

vanyel
06-16-2007, 01:35 PM
I was a bit surprised that they kick Ricky off over D-Trix (dude in green) since he seems like a one trick pony to me.

I agree even though I thought D-trix was a smidge better in his solo. I just don't think he'll last. I thought Ricky had an interesting appeal and I would have liked to have seen more from him.

What did you all think of Benji's performance? Dropping his pants didn't quite work for me :scared1:

Lacey was amazing and I agree with jennyl about not being prepared to like her.

Faerie
06-16-2007, 04:28 PM
I didn't think I'd like Lacey just because she is Benji's sister.... but she was really really good.

Faerie
06-20-2007, 08:14 PM
And once again, Lacy has impressed me. My only complaint is that Chicago is a Bob Fosse-style dance show and that routine wasn't Fosse enough for me (maybe cause I LOVE LOVE LOVE Fosse)

BernardandMissBianca
06-20-2007, 10:48 PM
I think it will be a tough call for the bottom 3 tomorrow. I see Faina and Cedric in the bottom 3 for sure, he was soooo uncomfortable out there. Maybe Neil and Lauren and Shauna and Jimmy rounding out the bottom 3.
I love Lacey, but she has to watch her face, she is beautiful not quirky like her brother so the faces don't fly. Sabra and Dominic were a surprise, he was really good and organic (a Mia word ;) )

It will be interesting to see what happens, I think it's going to be a tough year!

BernardandMissBianca
06-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Oh and can I just say for the record I am glad they ditched greasy boy (Ricky) he was so trying to be Christian Slater from the movie Heathers and it was not working!!! He freaked me out!

Faerie
06-21-2007, 07:54 AM
Sabra and Domanic really impressed me. I was so not expecting that out of him.

Overall, I enjoyed last night's show, and I have to agree with the prediction of the bottom 3

jennyL
06-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Not sure about the bottom three except for Faina and Cedric. I think Cedric should go home but I'm open on the girls. None of them were really just that bad. I think I may have decided on my couple to cheer for the next couple of weeks as Lacey and Cameron. They are fun to watch.

BernardandMissBianca
06-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Not sure about the bottom three except for Faina and Cedric. I think Cedric should go home but I'm open on the girls. None of them were really just that bad. I think I may have decided on my couple to cheer for the next couple of weeks as Lacey and Cameron. They are fun to watch.

I agree about Lacey and Cameron, they really mesh well. You can see who just gets through it and who really enjoys spending time together. Of course I look at the end to see who hook ups when dancing the theme song. It's funny who partners with who.

And Dominic holy cow, I was in tears!!! He embraced the experience wholly and he will get far in his dancing career. I don't particularly love contemporary but he showed what it is all about.

I have to give props to the judges too, they are letting these kids learn just by being there. It is a school of sorts so they can move forward with their dancing careers. They say over and over this is a learning experience, a journey. I think it's great that they see it that way, unlike Simon Cowells who just says you're crappy have a nice day. KWIM?

vanyel
06-21-2007, 12:01 PM
I can't believe I missed it last night. My parents came to visit and I totally forgot to set the tape.:sad1: I'll be back in the swing of it next week though.

Faerie
06-21-2007, 12:33 PM
Cameron is from where I live :)

jennyL
06-22-2007, 06:49 AM
Ok I'm very upset with who they sent home last night. I think Cedric has had enough chances and needs to just go. I'm ok with Faina going home. Her solo just wasn't all that but after watching Shauna's solo I want to see her do a contemporary piece. I didn't realize how good she really was. Hopefully Cedric doesn't pull her down with whatever they get.

vanyel
06-22-2007, 07:16 AM
I didn't see Wed but watched last night. I couldn't believe they kept Cedric, especially after sending Faina home when they said he let her down and got them to the bottom three. Not fair!

Faerie
06-22-2007, 07:38 AM
I missed last night - I went to see Ratatoullie. Did read who was kicked off and must say I'm surprised Cedric lives to see another dance

rlovew
06-22-2007, 09:57 AM
I thought Jessie should have gone home for the girls. I thought her solo was the worst of them but I thought Cedric who put his team in the bottom 3 should have gone home instead of Fiana. While I don't particularly like Fiana above others i thought since she was not the part of the team that helped them land in the bottom 3 she shouldn't have been sent home. My favorite dancers are still in so i guess it doesn't matter that much.

Rebecca

BernardandMissBianca
06-22-2007, 06:53 PM
I agree with Rebecca and I was beyond shocked to see Pasha in the bottom 3 boys but of course they had to go as a couple. I'm glad Nigel put Cedric in his place. Shape up or ship out. He is great at what he does but come on, he's a one trick pony. I hope I eat my words but I doubt it. I don't really like Shauna in anything she does but contemporary. She is great at what she does but kick it up a notch. I guess I'm biased but I just don't really see anyone as good as the top 10 from last year.

And wow is all I can say for Lacey's outfit!!! I would be sooo embarrassed if my brother and parents were in the audience.:blush:

SalandJeff
06-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Just found this thread! I love this show...I think because I CAN'T dance :dancer: except with my 3 year old.

Anyway, I was very disappointed last week. Cedric should be out of there and he let his partner down and yet she had to go. Not fair. The other thing that is bothering me this season is that so many times, the judges are saying that the choreography wasn't really the type of dance they are supposed to be doing,etc. But it is the dancer's who are penalized when they have to do the dance of some choreographer who stinks. My little vent on that.

Lacey is my favorite so far.

BernardandMissBianca
06-27-2007, 07:55 PM
OK, that was just painful to watch, and I know ya'll know what I mean when you see it.:sad2:

Faerie
06-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Did I miss something? Or are you talking about the rumor I heard?

BernardandMissBianca
06-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Did I miss something? Or are you talking about the rumor I heard?

not sure, but let's just say the judges made a HUGE mistake last week.

However on a better note, Dom.....holy cow!!!!

OK what rumor???? PM me if we don't want spoilers.

Faerie
06-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Got what you mean, but there was a good outcome at the end of that :)

BernardandMissBianca
06-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Got what you mean, but there was a good outcome at the end of that :)

ok hok is on now....

Faerie
06-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Wow.... wow.... wow

That was impressive

BernardandMissBianca
06-27-2007, 08:33 PM
wow is right, not exactly what I picture jazz, more contemporary but wow!

Hok has been my fave since last year so I would love to see him make it far.

BernardandMissBianca
06-27-2007, 08:35 PM
but can I just say they mutilated my favorite Big Bad Voodoo Daddy song, Lacey and Kams.

Faerie
06-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Pasha is HOT. that man can dance for me any day of the week.

I hope Jessi's chest pains are not serious!

Edit: EKG not looking good is not a good thing.

I think Lauren & Niel and Shauna & Cedric have to be in the bottom 3. I never vote but I just voted for Pasha 5 times. I don't want him to go!

BernardandMissBianca
06-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Pasha is HOT. that man can dance for me any day of the week.

I hope Jessi's chest pains are not serious!

Edit: EKG not looking good is not a good thing.

I think Lauren & Niel and Shauna & Cedric have to be in the bottom 3. I never vote but I just voted for Pasha 5 times. I don't want him to go!

I agree, but who will be #3? Pasha and Jessi but default? Which means Pasha and Shauna will be together.

I hope Jessi is better soon!

Pasha was smokin' I was so hoping his mom would be in the audience.

calanniebu
06-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Pasha was smokin' I was so hoping his mom would be in the audience.

I'm glad I wasn't the only having that thought. When he makes it all the way (another Pasha supporter), I hope they surprise him with a visit with his mom and brother!

BernardandMissBianca
06-27-2007, 09:31 PM
I'm glad I wasn't the only having that thought. When he makes it all the way (another Pasha supporter), I hope they surprise him with a visit with his mom and brother!

I couldn't imagine leaving my family behind. He must have come here for school or something. I really hope the show can do something.

jennyL
06-28-2007, 07:01 AM
Not sure one the last group in the bottom three either. I know they said no matter what Jessie was dancing for her life but that we could save Pasha. Does that mean if he's not in the bottom three then we could have 4 girls dancing? I'm not sure that doctors will let her dance if theys till had her at the hospital yesterday.

I could watch Pasha 24/7 he is hot.

Cedric better go home tonight. I hope people didn't rally and vote them out of the botom three that would really suck.

Faerie
06-28-2007, 07:38 AM
What we saw last night is taped on either Monday or Tuesday - it isn't live. The Results tonight are live.

Pasha can be safe if enough voted for him (and hopefully that happens). My guess is it'll be Cedric and Jessi heading home (Jessi by default)

vanyel
06-28-2007, 02:50 PM
I've been ready for Cedric to go. Debbie Allen's gushing over him made me ill!

I still like Lacey - I enjoyed their quick step. I agree w/ Fairie about the bottom 2 but also don't have a prediction about the 3rd couple. Pasha's partner may have been a champion (and I remember her from the PBS Ballroom Dancing championships in past years) but I wasn't impressed by her. Hope that doesn't hold him back.

BernardandMissBianca
06-28-2007, 03:04 PM
I've been ready for Cedric to go. Debbie Allen's gushing over him made me ill!

I still like Lacey - I enjoyed their quick step. I agree w/ Fairie about the bottom 2 but also don't have a prediction about the 3rd couple. Pasha's partner may have been a champion (and I remember her from the PBS Ballroom Dancing championships in past years) but I wasn't impressed by her. Hope that doesn't hold him back.

I think she toned it down so Pasha would shine. I could see from her stance that her body wanted to just go, but her mind was like no this is his moment. She moves way better in rehearsal. I think overall it was handled pretty well. Like they had run a pretend scenario before incase someone had gotten hurt.

I still like Lacey but Sabra has been a pleasant surprise too. I didn't think I would like her but she has really taken her dancing to the next level. But I can not stand Danny and I can't believe that him and Travis were raised in the same house, Danny is just so arrogant.

Faerie
06-28-2007, 03:20 PM
I so agree about Danny! He has that "I'm better than all of you" vibe and it just rubs me wrong.

Sabra is adorable and her dancing is beautiful. I love her and Dom together

SalandJeff
06-28-2007, 08:31 PM
I cannot believe that Cedric was not in the bottom three. He really can't dance at all and it is not fair to be poor woman that are getting partnered with him.

BernardandMissBianca
06-28-2007, 09:50 PM
totally totally unbelievable!!!

ERGH!!! that was wrong on so many levels.

And I'm sorry, I saw the recap of Danny dancing, he was to busy looking for the cameras to look for his partner. Feel the moment dude!

Ok I'm just disgusted.....

vanyel
06-28-2007, 09:50 PM
I'm glad Neil didn't go home. I know he wasn't great yesterday but he was much better than Cedric. This is where I have that "what if he wins" worry though I doubt that'll happen.

The girls wasted so much time on the stage with posturing and walking. What are they thinking when they hear "dance for your life"?

BernardandMissBianca
06-28-2007, 09:56 PM
The girls wasted so much time on the stage with posturing and walking. What are they thinking when they hear "dance for your life"?

vogue????

jennyL
06-29-2007, 06:22 AM
I went to see Transformers last night so I FF through the results this morning. It happened people felt bad for Cedric and he made it through. It had to be hard on the judges to pick out of the boys. At least this time they did pick the weakest dancer. I'm not a Danny fan but the boy can dance and he really did a great solo. The girls really need to step it up. Did they not see Shauna last week and hear the comments she received. I hope they all take it into account in a couple weeks. I was actually expecting Jessi to go home but I wish that nigel would have gave her some kindof reasoning or something. I actually thought her solo while not WOWing was one of the better girl ones last night at least she did stuff and not just stood around.

BernardandMissBianca
06-29-2007, 08:57 AM
how was transformers? Appropriate for 10 year olds??? DS wants to invite some friends to see it for his birthday on Friday so I won't have time to preview it.

jennyL
06-29-2007, 10:07 AM
how was transformers? Appropriate for 10 year olds??? DS wants to invite some friends to see it for his birthday on Friday so I won't have time to preview it.

I think it is. There is alot of fighting but its mostly between the robots or the people and the robots. If that bothers you then you won't want to see it. A couple of boys in front of me about 10ish loved it. They were talking on and on while we were filing out of the theater. Being a preview the place was packed literally no empty seats. The last people were coming in and all that was left were singles so they were taking those. Crazyness. Its also long. The actual movie ran for about 2hr 10min but I didn't look at my watch until about 20min left and that was because DH wanted to know the time.LOL I don't want to give away to much but its alot of action and set up for the people who I guess don't know Transformers history however the setup was boring and at no time was I waiting for more to happen.

Ok I just reread that and it kindof babbles. Sorry does it answer your question? If you want something specific I can try and answer that too.

BernardandMissBianca
06-29-2007, 10:19 AM
No it answers a lot, I was mostly concerned about violence, language, and nudity. PG13 is not what it used to be! Robotic violence I can deal with but blood and guts, no thanks.

That is pretty long though. I think the 2 younger boys may have to sit this one out.

jennyL
06-29-2007, 11:43 AM
I think there are a couple bad words in the movie but not that many that I remember. Hmm nudity not really the main girl wears a skimpy outfit but nothing really revealing. I was talking to DH at lunch about the violence and they leave alot up to your imagination. I mean you see places and obviously people getting blown up but you don't see all the blood and guts along with it. He thought 10 yr old boys would love the movie.

BernardandMissBianca
06-29-2007, 12:21 PM
thanks Jenny!

Faerie
07-01-2007, 08:53 PM
So.... I finally got around to watching Thursday's episode. I'm a bit surprised Jessie went home over Anya, although I didn't think much of either of their solos.

Jesus, I adored him, but his solo in comparison to the other two was seriously lacking. I cannot believe that Cedric was not in the bottom 3.

BernardandMissBianca
07-11-2007, 03:42 PM
going......through.....withdrawal........need my dancers.......:cool1:

so is it on tonight or what???? did they get the extra week to practice their routines? Will Nigel still have teeth so white you need sunglasses to look at him? Will Mary scream the Mary scream? Inquiring minds want to know.

Oh and Jenny, DH took the boys to see Transformers, they loved it!!! Even DH said it was cool! And they have already signed on for Transformers 2.
Next up, HP5 and Ratatouille.

lewdyan1
07-11-2007, 03:45 PM
going......through.....withdrawal........need my dancers.......:cool1:

so is it on tonight or what???? did they get the extra week to practice their routines? Will Nigel still have teeth so white you need sunglasses to look at him? Will Mary scream the Mary scream? Inquiring minds want to know.

I am so excited that it's back.:cool1: It was off last week for July 4th. And of course Mary will scream, that's a silly question!:rotfl:

Faerie
07-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Will Mary Scream? Does the sun rise in the East?

I'm going to be watching after I register for CKU

BernardandMissBianca
07-11-2007, 08:10 PM
he is not talking crap!!! The guest judge is spot on!!!!!! Arrogance all the way!!! ERGH!

BernardandMissBianca
07-11-2007, 08:49 PM
so are Sabra and Dom a real couple??? Wow!!!! I swear they wanted each other on that stage. LOL

That was good!

jennyL
07-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Oh and Jenny, DH took the boys to see Transformers, they loved it!!! Even DH said it was cool! And they have already signed on for Transformers 2.
Next up, HP5 and Ratatouille.

I think we are going to try and see HP5 this weekend and I'm not sure about Ratatouille but thats the one I want to see. Glad they liked Transformers. It was really entertaining but Josh Duhmel could have been in it even more. LOL I can't wait for Las Vegas to come back on for my Josh fix. He is one hot man.

Ok back on topic. I liked last night and loved the guest judge. He was so on with my thoughts on the couples. I'm not sure about the bottom 3 tonight and think almost anyone could go home.

BernardandMissBianca
07-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Love Josh Duhamel!!! What a man!

Ok tonight is going to be tough!!!! After last night I really couldn't decide who should go home or be in the bottom 3. Cedric really stepped it up but he still needs to go home.

lewdyan1
07-12-2007, 08:39 PM
I think either Cedric or Hok could go home, neither thrill me. Girls are hard, I like all of them.

jennyL
07-13-2007, 06:39 AM
Not really surprised by the bottom three or who went home. I can't wait a couple more weeks when they start switching partners that will be a true test for some of them.

Faerie
07-13-2007, 07:35 AM
I watched both Wednesday's show and the results show last night (this week has been chaos for me). I LOVED Benji's choreography. I was a tad surprised that Shauna went home over Anyna but I'm not really a Anyna fan.

As for Cedric, it was his time.

BernardandMissBianca
07-19-2007, 07:50 PM
bumping for the results show......

jamie and hok, neil and lauren, and lacey and cam are my predictions for the bottom 3.

Faerie
07-19-2007, 07:55 PM
America really doesn't like Ayna and Danny do they

BernardandMissBianca
07-19-2007, 08:00 PM
wow, I did not see that coming. Personally I dislike Danny's attitude. He is sooo arrogant. Always knows where the camera is, looking for it not his partner.

Faerie
07-19-2007, 08:11 PM
I totally agree... okay, just going on the three couples, I'm guessing Hok and Lauren

BernardandMissBianca
07-19-2007, 08:18 PM
I totally agree... okay, just going on the three couples, I'm guessing Hok and Lauren

hok and lauren or hok and anya???

StitchIsOurHero
07-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Ok, gotta say I'm not surprised Hok's gone! I was really, really surprised that Lacey and Cameron weren't in the bottom 3--I didn't like their routine. . .DH said it was because it reminded me of my high school students. :rotfl2: I was surprised, though, that Anya was gone--I really thought it would be Lauren for some reason (though she's my favorite of the girls).

DH & I just started watching this last week, so I'm just catching up. We fell into it because we've been watching "Don't Forget the Lyrics".

Jenny--I read some of the earlier posts, and I have to go off topic and agree with you about Josh Duhamel!! We have been watching the seasons of Las Vegas on DVD--we never watched the show before, but since Tom Selleck is coming on, I have to watch it, so I have to be caught up! Josh is one very, very cute man!!! :)

BernardandMissBianca
07-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Yum!!!

too bad he's dating Fergie.

not surprised about tonight's results, next week should be interesting when they start mixing things up.

Dom is my new fav to go all the way.

lewdyan1
07-20-2007, 05:58 AM
I agree that I was surprised that Anya was the one to go. You know that was the hardest kick off, at least from here on out, they rest who are kicked off still get to go on tour and further their career.:) I didn't like Lacey this week, but she is one of my favorites.:)

OT: I love Don't Forget the Lyrics!:cool1: That show is great! Ididn't like The Spelling Bee as much.

jennyL
07-20-2007, 06:47 AM
Just a quick stop by its been one of those weeks. I finally watched both episodes last night. Once it got to the bottom three I told my DH it would be Hok and Anya. I would have loved to see Hok on the tour but oh well I guess. I can't wait until next week and the new partners. I'm wondering how some of them will look without the other. I like Kameron but Lacey is so powerful he's always in the shadows I'm hoping with some of the other girls maybe he will stand out more. I'm not sure who I want to win yet they are all so good this year.

Faerie
07-20-2007, 08:00 AM
I love Sabra and Dom. I'm sad they're being broken up. I'd love to see Pasha and Lacy dance together. I think that would be a great pairing

vanyel
07-20-2007, 05:02 PM
bumping for the results show......

jamie and hok, neil and lauren, and lacey and cam are my predictions for the bottom 3.

That's who I expected but when I saw the bottom three dance, I wasn't surprised at all. I'm not sure who I'm rooting for yet. I do like Pasha though.

Faerie
07-25-2007, 07:10 PM
My love for Sabra has no bounds :D She is a beautiful dancer.

BernardandMissBianca
07-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Loved Sabra partnered, loved Sara's solo. Just watched Danny and Lacey That was sooo COOL!!!! They were great!

Faerie
07-25-2007, 08:03 PM
I really haven't liked Neil until tonight - he and Sara rocked that Disco

BernardandMissBianca
07-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Finally Sabra and Lacey scream like you can hear them! Can the girls not scream and Danny's scream was weak.
Fast forwarding to the Disco now.

BernardandMissBianca
07-25-2007, 08:18 PM
That was cool. She is becoming my new favorite girl!

vanyel
07-26-2007, 06:47 AM
I missed the show as I'm out of town and dh forgot I had asked him to tape it. His response - "sorry, you can catch up next week", then he had to go because he was watching something. Maybe he'll remember to tape the show tonight and I can at least watch the recaps.

Faerie
07-26-2007, 07:22 AM
vanyel - televisionwithoutpity.com will have a pretty good recap a bit later today

jennyL
07-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Toss up for me as to who's going home. I loved the disco and thought it was great. As usual I loved Lacey. I really wasn't feeling Dominic and Jamie so for now they are my choices.

Faerie
07-27-2007, 07:32 AM
I'm cool with Jaime going home, although her solo was 10,000 times better than Lauren's. Lauren seemed to run back and forth on the stage, arms flailing.

I'm going to miss Kameron. Broward County is proud of you Kam! (he's from the same city I am)

jennyL
07-27-2007, 08:47 AM
So I FF through it this morning. I completely missed all the comotion on Mia's outfit and the solos but it was nice of them to apologize to those that needed it. I so agreed with Nigel when he said that he was tired of seeing it after the 5th one. I'm hoping they do different solos next week.

I'm fine with Jamie but really thought the Domonic shoud have gone for the guys. However I do see how Kameron has stayed the same and Dom has really improved.

Can't wait for the new couples next week.

Faerie
07-27-2007, 08:52 AM
If this had been individual from the beginning, I don't think Kam would have lasted as long as he did. He got to ride Lacey's coattails there for a while (although they did have amazing chemistry).

I'm pulling for Sabra or Lacey to win it all

BernardandMissBianca
07-27-2007, 09:25 AM
I did think the bottom 4 was right on. I liked Kam but he didn't grow like Dom did, Dom had one bad week and I think that was more the choreographers fault. But he has to stop making the faces, it's like he's poking fun at the latin dances.

It was a toss up for me for Lauren and Jamie. I don't particularly care for either one.

Can't wait for next week. I'd like to see Neil and Lacey dance together, I think that would be fun.

Faerie
07-27-2007, 09:53 AM
I'd love to see Lacey and Pasha in some ballroom style

Faerie
08-03-2007, 09:26 AM
Anyone have thoughts on Sara and Dom leaving last night? I wanted Lauren gone so I'm a bit sad that it was Sara

BernardandMissBianca
08-03-2007, 10:33 AM
I was really surprised that Sara went home, I like her and she grew the most. DH says no worries though she has a future in dance.
I knew Dom was going which stinks, but he was the least talented of the group. I see Sabra winning the whole thing.

Faerie
08-03-2007, 10:38 AM
I enjoy watching Lacey but the flower in the mouth thing Wednesday annoyed me for some reason.

KerTggr
08-04-2007, 12:25 AM
First time posting on this thread. Watched every season.

RE: the comments Adam (judge) made about Danny & Sara's costumes for the push it dance - um, had he ever seen the video for Push It? Sara was wearing *basically* the same thing as Salt & Pepa. Down to the red high tops. And Danny was wearing old school Air-Jordans. I think costuming was giving a nod to the era and song. That said, I think Sara did awesome and should have gone (I did vote for her, Sabra & Lacey). As you can tell by your key deductive skills, I didn't vote for Lauren. Like you stated before, I am just not getting from her what I think Sara, Sabra & Lacey gave.

I think if people had seen the solos Wed, that might have skewed a few more votes for Sara.

OK with Dom going home, but I hope that it is Sabra, Lacey, Pasha, and Neil in the final 4. I think it would be interesting to see Neil & Pasha dance together...

StitchIsOurHero
08-04-2007, 08:45 AM
I wasn't as surprised that Sara went home (just because the judges kept making the big deal about how Lauren "recovered" her fall and all of that). I think that Danny hurt Sara. The Push It routine was cute, but IMO, he just looked awkward. I know it's not his style, but Sara looked good in the things that weren't her style! I'm ready for Danny to go home! I think Sabra will win it all, too. She is great! :)

Mickster
08-04-2007, 08:48 AM
I enjoy watching Lacey but the flower in the mouth thing Wednesday annoyed me for some reason.

I totally agree. I thought it didn't match the mood she had just created with her dance. Seemed almost disrepectful or something.

Mickster
08-04-2007, 08:50 AM
I see Sabra winning the whole thing.

I think Sabra will win it all, too. She is great! :)

I totally agree, too. They gush over her. At first I thought it would be Lacey, but now I think it will be Sabra.

vanyel
08-09-2007, 05:14 PM
I can't believe no one checked in today :confused3 I thought they were all really good last night but I'm leaning toward Sabra and Pasha as the top 2. I loved Pasha's hip hop.

Lauren was my least favorite last night with Lacey a close 2nd to the bottom.

StitchIsOurHero
08-09-2007, 05:39 PM
I didn't have a chance to post last night after watching this. I think that Lauren and Danny should be the ones to go home after this week, even though I like Lauren. I thought Lacey and Sabra both did a wonderful job for the girls, and Neil and Pasha were awesome! I'm afraid, though, that Neil may go home instead of Danny. I just don't like having to wait until Monday to find out!! :sad2:

Faerie
08-09-2007, 07:14 PM
For anyone who cannot wait until Monday to find out, the results show is being taped tonight and televisionwithoutpity will have the spoilers as soon as they're available. There's nothing there yet, but once it's available, it can be found here (http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3154458&st=1890)

I agree about Lauren. I'm more torn about the guys. For some reason, Lauren annoys me. I don't know why, I don't have a reason for it...

BernardandMissBianca
08-09-2007, 08:45 PM
I think the top for will be Sabra and Lacey, and Neil and Danny. I dislike Danny, still think he's arrogant and I can't believe he is Travis's brother. I wish Pasha would stay but I just don't see it happening.
I think Sabra will win the whole thing but DH thinks Lacey will.
I can't wait til Monday!! Hurry up will ya?!?!?

vanyel
08-09-2007, 10:10 PM
I think the top for will be Sabra and Lacey, and Neil and Danny. I dislike Danny, still think he's arrogant and I can't believe he is Travis's brother. I wish Pasha would stay but I just don't see it happening.
I think Sabra will win the whole thing but DH thinks Lacey will.
I can't wait til Monday!! Hurry up will ya?!?!?

Danny is Travis' brother - how did I miss that? Wow. I was disappointed in Lacey last night but I don't think she'll go home. I came home and my dh said "your show's not on tonight". I was not a happy camper.

BernardandMissBianca
08-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Danny is Travis' brother - how did I miss that? Wow. I was disappointed in Lacey last night but I don't think she'll go home. I came home and my dh said "your show's not on tonight". I was not a happy camper.

I think it was in the audition video, Danny was adopted when he was 13 I think? Maybe younger.....

ETA: and Jamie was taught by their mom.

Faerie
08-13-2007, 07:33 AM
It's on tonight! And H*ll's Kitchen's finalie is tonight too... I usually don't have this much good TV on a Monday.

BernardandMissBianca
08-13-2007, 09:47 AM
I need to find something for the kids to do so I can watch in peace. Or wait and watch it after the kids go to bed.

vanyel
08-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Nooooooooo! Not Pasha:sad: I really wanted to see him in the finale.

BernardandMissBianca
08-13-2007, 08:40 PM
yep, saw that coming.
I really hope anyone but Danny wins.

Faerie
08-14-2007, 07:51 AM
I had read that Pasha had posted a ton of photos on his myspace over the weekend. not logical if he was rehearsing for the finale. I'm sad it was him, but not surprised. Neil has the Tween fan base power voting for him.

I also read that Lacey has a back injury and is going on "red bull and painkillers" at this point.

calanniebu
08-14-2007, 10:39 AM
I had read that Pasha had posted a ton of photos on his myspace over the weekend. not logical if he was rehearsing for the finale. I'm sad it was him, but not surprised. Neil has the Tween fan base power voting for him.

I also read that Lacey has a back injury and is going on "red bull and painkillers" at this point.

where do you get all of your information! :-)

Was I the only one sad to see lauren go? I think she is a better dancer than lacey but lacey has the following of all of her brothers fans.

it's getting hard to choose for the guys. I :love: Pasha so I'm sad to see him go ... but I really I think Sabra's going to win it all so it doesn't matter which guy goes at this point.

Faerie
08-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Televisionwithoutpity.com

Under forums there is one for SYTYCD and a couple of spoiler threads. There is posts from people who were at last night's taping of tomorrow's show

jennyL
08-16-2007, 07:09 AM
So what did everyone think last night? I thought most of them were pretty good. I loved Lacey and Danny. I thought it was beautiful.

Not sure who I want to win but I think it could be a girl this time. I loved how some of Dannys personality came out last night but I'm thinking it might be too little too late.

Faerie
08-16-2007, 07:25 AM
I power voted for Danny. I think that of the dancers remaining, the title should be his.

BernardandMissBianca
08-16-2007, 09:53 AM
So what did everyone think last night? I thought most of them were pretty good. I loved Lacey and Danny. I thought it was beautiful.

Not sure who I want to win but I think it could be a girl this time. I loved how some of Dannys personality came out last night but I'm thinking it might be too little too late.

I agree, I really hope Lacey or Sabra wins, but I see a great future for all of them.

vanyel
08-16-2007, 07:12 PM
I just finished watching last night as tonight's was beginning. I'm leaning toward Danny or Sabra now that Pasha's gone. Just wanted my vote in before the winner's announced:thumbsup2

Honeybehr1
08-16-2007, 08:47 PM
I voted alot last night for Sabra. I am so happy she won. Danny has amazing technique but when Sabra dances, she is mesmerizing.

vanyel
08-16-2007, 09:07 PM
I was happy too - in fact I was happy when it was the two of them standing because I liked them both.

:banana: :banana: I thought we needed some dancing on this thread :banana: :banana:

BernardandMissBianca
08-16-2007, 10:16 PM
I am so happy Sabra won. She really deserves it! Can't wait til next year.

Faerie
08-17-2007, 08:04 AM
It was a great finalie. I'm happy for Sabra - she and Danny were my two favorites so I'm cool with her winning.

Did anyone catch Lacey mouthing "it's me" when Cat said they were doing a cut?

vanyel
08-17-2007, 09:29 AM
It was a great finalie.
Did anyone catch Lacey mouthing "it's me" when Cat said they were doing a cut?

I saw her mouth something but am horrible at reading lips. Hmmm. Her interview irritated me - she didn't seem to take this as seriously as the others.