PDA

View Full Version : Anywhere to get $ for ink cartridges?

familyfirsttimer
05-23-2007, 11:36 AM
I searched but did not see anything current about this topic. I have a Dell so I cannot return them to Staples and use towards a future order. I am finding out if my kids school recycles them. What do you do with your old cartridges. I hate to just return them to Dell if I could make a little $ somewhere.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.

dbgardener
05-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Try Empties4cash.com, they buy original ink cartridges.
Deb

KKB
05-23-2007, 01:14 PM
You can get cartridges refilled for 30-40% less than just buying new ones.
We have a Cartridge World that fills them for about $7 each. (compared to $11-15 each at Target, Office Max, whereever)
It is a bit inconvenient...they are open like 10-6 M-Sat. But luckily it is right by Target...I just plan a trip on the way home or on a Sat. when we are running low.
I don't know what the site pays...but I am guessing this is still a better deal.

Suzanna1973
05-23-2007, 01:34 PM
A lot of schools recycle old ink cartridges and cell phones through fundingfactory.com. It's a great way to make money for your school. If your child's school doesn't have a program started yet, why not be the one to initiate! It's a great fundraiser!:banana:

eeyorethegreat
05-23-2007, 01:37 PM
I sent about $30 worth of cartridges into get cash back (darn if I can remember the place but I found it online) and never got any money back for them. I had done this before through 123inkjets.com and got promptly paid but now they just do a drawing for free ink for a year. Some places you can turn them in to benefit a charity:thumbsup2

JoiseyMom
05-23-2007, 03:47 PM
I searched but did not see anything current about this topic. I have a Dell so I cannot return them to Staples and use towards a future order. I am finding out if my kids school recycles them. What do you do with your old cartridges. I hate to just return them to Dell if I could make a little $ somewhere.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Staples gives $3.00 coupons for all Dell, HP and Lexmark cartridges. You can use the coupons towards any purchase, it doesn't have to be towards cartridges.

englishteacha
05-23-2007, 07:25 PM
We turned ours in at the movie rental place for a free movie rental. Since a movie rental is close to 4 bucks around here (unless we go way far and gone to the $1 rental store), it works out to a pretty good deal.