PDA

View Full Version : Fun/creative way to present giftcard?

eeyorefan74
05-23-2007, 09:58 AM
My DH's cousin recently got married and we're having a family shower for them this weekend. They didn't have a wedding or reception, and don't have a lot of money, so I was thinking of getting a giftcard to Target or Walmart so they can get what they need. Anyone have any ideas on a way to present it, other than just in a congratulations card? I've seen some cute ideas for teachers recently, but not weddings.

christinadei
05-23-2007, 10:04 AM
You could put it in a pretty picture frame or photo album that they could reuse for their wedding pictures.

Hedy
05-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Nice picture frame?

Bildmouse
05-23-2007, 11:38 AM
My DD's school had a dance and raffle. I made a flower arrangement (you could purchase one) and put several gift cards between the flowers. It went over really well! Since it was college sophomores I included cards from Starbucks and Olive Garden to give them a chance to get away from school food!!

patsal
05-23-2007, 01:14 PM
Along the same lines as the flowers, but a terracotta pot with garden stake labels insert gift cards into them and fill the pot with inexpensive seeds, maybe a pair of gloves and shears.

LisaNJ25
05-23-2007, 01:25 PM
I hosted a bridal shower last weekend.. the bride received a home depot gift card inside of a paint can filled with colored tissue paper. You can decorate more with ribbon hanging off the handle.

tmarquez
05-23-2007, 01:34 PM
I bought these puzzle boxes for some people this past Christmas. You put the gc in the puzzle and they have to solve it to get it out. One was a maze puzzle, and the other you just had to fugure out how to open it. They were fun.

WaltD4Me
05-23-2007, 03:21 PM
When my BIL got my sister a Disney Gift Card to take on our trip for her birthday, he got a Mickey mylar balloon and wrapped it in a box, when she opened it, the balloon popped out and the GC was dangling from the end
of it. -- Maybe not as good for a bridal shower, but it was really cute.