PDA

View Full Version : How much does free dining impact park attendance?

annsteere
05-23-2007, 08:56 AM
I'm planning a trip for Sept or Oct.

When free dining is offered do the parks get crowded?

We've always done our fall trips in Oct. and enjoy the low crowd levels. Free dining sounds like a fun luxury. Will I end up "Paying" for it with long lines?

Faerie
05-23-2007, 09:46 AM
I've done free dining each year it's been offered. (and went in September every year before it was offered) and I've noticed no real difference in the ride lines. Now, to get into a TS - make your ADRs or you'll be scrambling!

Anthony1971
05-23-2007, 09:51 AM
There are less people in Septmeber then October. I think the ride lines have been shorter with Free dinning as people spend more time eating and people like me who do not have the dinning plan spend more time at the attractions and less time eating :lmao:

Cheshire Figment
05-23-2007, 09:53 AM
It does not affect park crowds at all. There were only a limited number of packages for each resort, and reservations could only be made during a particular time span.

However, to get into a decent restaurant at a decent time; that's anothr question entirely.

Tnkrbelle565
05-23-2007, 12:46 PM
We've been in September for the past few years...and like other posted have mentioned, there have been no changes in park attendence...only long waits for TS restaurants if you don't have ADRs

Pooh Girl 71
05-23-2007, 12:57 PM
We go to Disney every Aug and usually make a shorter trip in late Sept/early Oct., free dining hasn't impacted ride wait times at all. The restaurants are crowded though. Definately make your ADR's.