PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions About Free Dining In Sept

grumpy28
05-22-2007, 09:24 PM
Hey all. I have a few questions about the free dining offered in Sept.......Do you have to stay at a Value resort to get the free dining? ........Is there a mininmum/maximum number of nights you must stay?...........Do you have to make reservations for the table restaraunts?........Any other info I must know? TIA ! You all are so helpful!! :)

BethR
05-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Hi Grumpy!

You can stay at ANY Disney Resort to get Free Dining - as long as there is availability at that particular resort for that promotion. But to get your best VALUE (most bang for your buck) for Free Dining - Values are the way to go.

You have to book a vacation for at least 3 nights. You also need to but at least one day's admission for everyone in your party to make it a package.

You don't HAVE to have reservations (Advance Dining Reservations is Disney's "official" name) for table service, but if you want to be able to use your TS credits, then I highly recommend it. And if you have particular restaurants that you want to eat at - you really need to call as soon as possible. And even then, you may have to be creative with your choices and times.

Good Luck with this and feel free to ask more questions! :)

Aimeedyan
05-22-2007, 09:38 PM
No, you can stay at any hotel that still has availability for the promotion

Yes, you must stay a min of 3 nights. 14 night max.

Anyone wanting to dine at a table service during those dates (on the dining plan or not) should make reservations.

Quote from All Ears Net:
Aug/Sept- Magic Your Way Plus Free Dining

Hungry for a great offer? Disney has announced an expanded Free Dining Program (it's not just for Disney Visa Card Holders!)

Get a Magic Your Way Plus Free Dining package! Booking dates: 4/12/07 – 6/24/07; Travel dates: 8/26/07 – 9/22/07

This offer requires a 3 night minimum stay – max 14 nights. Offer available most nights 8/26/07 – 9/22/07.
The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Jr & Child rates apply only when adult occupies the room.
Theme Park tickets are for one theme park per day and must be used within 14 days of use.
No group rates or other discounts apply.

NCardella
05-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Grumpy...check out the Disney Dining Plan threads. they have a wealth of information and is probably just what you are looking for.

Here's the link:
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116

grumpy28
05-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Thank you for the replies! You guys are awesome! I do have one final question- I know the dates are 8/26-9/22...If I book On 9/21, for 3 nights(for example), would I still get free dining, or do all the dates have to be within the time period? Hope that makes sense! Thanks!! :yay:

tinaluis
05-22-2007, 09:46 PM
As long as you check in by 9/22 you would have free dining for the length of your stay.

grumpy28
05-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Thank you so much everyone! :cool1:

Tammysue5
05-22-2007, 09:57 PM
We will be going to WDW for the first time in Sept. we are staying at the POR for 11 days w/free dining! YEAH! I took the advice off this board to make ADR ASAP... That was 4 weeks ago. I was able to get everything I wanted... CRT, Chef Mickeys, Sci-fi, Ohana, Restaurantasauras, Planet Hollywood, Crystal Palace, 5Os prime time, Akershus. Glad I made those back then... I originally had ADR for HDR and when I realized it was at the same time as MNSSHP I tried to reschedule it (just today and they were pretty booked up and so we opted to not do the HDR this time and do MNSSHP instead. ) So make sure you call right away to get reservations as they are booking up fast. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

grumpy28
05-22-2007, 10:01 PM
I will call in the next day or two, but I have a lot of "research" to do!! I am a DW newbie, so I have no idea about any of the restaraunts, charater meals, places that are "must see", (or much anything!). Oh the pressure!! :scared:

Tammysue5
05-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Grumpy,

I am new also.... I have some friends that have been helping me, and this board has been wonderful, I found that Birnbaums 2007 WDW The Official guide was Extremely helpful! It cost approx. $ 16 at most book stores. This book has all the info on the character dining (and everything else) I even bought the kids version and they 'gave' me their list of must dos/sees. It is how I decided what meals to ask for. Definately worth the money. :cheer2:

grumpy28
05-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Thank you TammySue5! I need to run to the bookstore asap! I guess this trip was "last minute" (though its still 4 months away!), and I want everything to be perfect since this is our first time going! :hourglass