PDA

View Full Version : Radisson Worldgate -- BEWARE!

Tinkerbelll
05-22-2007, 01:29 PM
DBF and I just moved to Florida a couple weeks ago, so we decided that we should take a relaxing weekend trip to Orlando to visit the mouse. We just couldn't justify spending $80.00+ a night on a Disney hotel because it wasn't really a vacation, but more like a last minute trip. So we made the mistake of using priceline. I know that many have had good luck with this in the past but we were not as fortunate. We ended up "winning" 2 nights at the Radisson Worldgate in the Disney World Area for $45.00 a night.

The first room that we got had two double beds when we requested a King. The furniture was falling apart, the air conditioning unit was loud and half working, and it was dirty. We requested a different room right away.

It was worse. We got to the new room, which had a "Sleep-number" bed that Radisson recommended for $10.00 more a night due to the fact that we didn't want to sleep on the cardboard beds that were in the previous room. The sleep-number bed didn't even work. We also found 2 little black bugs in the sheets of the bed and the room had a horrible damp musky smell. Sure enough, right there in the corner... MOLD :crazy2: And to add to it, in the corner of the room, there was exposed insulation. Here are some pictures to show you that we are not exaggerating.

The mold on the carpet in the corner
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/Jaxy212/DSC02044.jpg

The exposed insulation
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/Jaxy212/DSC02045.jpg

Finally we requested to be moved to a different Radisson property because obviously this hotel had some major issues. But the manager on duty assured us that she would personally take us to a room until we were satisfied, and that all Radisson properties are franchised and that moving to another one was out of the question. This took 3 more rooms and we ended up in what they called an "executive suite." Basically this room was just cleaner, on the corner of the hotel, and had a few furniture upgrades. The big difference was that this room had central air conditioning, which was perfect because the individual air conditioning units in the other rooms we saw were all run down, leaking, and smelly. Make sure if you ever get stuck at this hotel you request an executive suite. There are only a few of them, but they were the only rooms that were not disgusting and/or falling apart.

The main pool area was decent. They had fire torches burning around the pool at night, but after seeing the quality of the rooms in this hotel and the lack of cleanliness in general, I could not bring myself to use it. Also the spa was broken and was roped off with ribbon. The second pool area was just disgusting and we didn't see anyone in it the whole time we were there. It was obviously not tended to and was completely unusable.

The only good thing about this hotel was the location. We could see Expedition Everest and the Tree of Life from our 5th floor window. It was literally in the backyard of Animal Kingdom and about a three minute drive to the front of the park using back roads. Hopefully they can completely renovate this property because the location is really amazing. In fact, with a little exploring we found that literally in the back of the parking lot of the Radisson was the Disney World Merchandise Building. And across the small street was the Entertainment Building (I think this is where they hold auditions and practice rooms for performers). It would be interesting to see exactly where the Disney World property ends and Radisson's begins. I am assuming the hotel is right on the border.

We would never stay here again and will steer clear of all Radisson properties in the future (although the manager did mention that Radisson properties are franchised and are independently owned and operated, which means it could be hit or miss). Also, we probably will not use the priceline service again because this hotel was listed as a 3 star hotel, and it was no where near the standard for that star rating. Just for reference purposes, the Value resorts on Disney property are all listed as only 2 and a half stars. No way that this hotel was even close to the standards of Pop Century. We have stayed at much nicer off-site hotels for under $50.00 a night, such as the Holiday Inn Sunspree.

rosiep
05-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Thank you for taking the time to post. We all rely on reviews like this!!

spiceycat
05-22-2007, 03:16 PM
write priceline and tell them - show them your pictures.

hotels and resorts have been downgraded by priceline. Or if the room is bad enough - dropped entirely.

MERMAIDLOVE
05-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Im so sorry u experience such a nightmare on your mini vacation :sad2:
I thank you for sharing your experience and I can only hope that
you write a letter to Priceline and the Radisson chain in order in
hopes that they will take action!!! :flower3:

Tinkerbelll
05-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Thanks for all the replies. We are in the process of writing to both the Radisson and Priceline and with any luck no one else will have to endure these problems in the future. I can't imagine an unknowing family going to Orlando for a week long vacation and being stuck in these horrible conditions. :sad2: I'll let you all know if we get any kind of response.

tarheel618
05-26-2007, 11:53 AM
We were there last weekend Thank goodness for one night. While our room wasn't dirty we had NO hot water. We keep calling and complaining to no avil. I also bidded off of orbitz. Won't do that again.

Luv2Roam
05-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Too bad the Priceline and Orbitz commercials don't mention what guests can get. ;)
It can happen at any hotel. But at least if you booked it yourself you could demand a refund and leave.
I think they are a Good Neighor Hotel too. Disney would be interested in what conditions guests can expect.

cara loves the poly
05-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Wow. Yuck. So sorry your getaway was not great.

NeedaVacation03
06-12-2007, 04:08 PM
We are also a "lucky winner" of this hotel. We will be there in July for two nights. I am very concerned since we will have a two year old and she gets into stuff. I think I am going to cry. My husband will kill me if I spend anymore money on another room. I have called priceline and they assured me that my stay will be nice. I should have just gone with a 2.5 star and known what I was in for. Darn, darn, darn!!!

Tinkerbelll
06-13-2007, 11:35 AM
We are also a "lucky winner" of this hotel. We will be there in July for two nights. I am very concerned since we will have a two year old and she gets into stuff. I think I am going to cry. My husband will kill me if I spend anymore money on another room. I have called priceline and they assured me that my stay will be nice. I should have just gone with a 2.5 star and known what I was in for. Darn, darn, darn!!!

Awww! Don't cry! :grouphug: Remember, if you are put into an unacceptable room, say something right away. We were brought to four unacceptable rooms before we were satisfied. I think we ended up in an "executive suite." Apparently, the Radisson has a "If your not satisfied, you don't pay" policy. There were little signs in the rooms during our stay. Obviously if the policy were 100% effective, we would not be out $150.00, but all is well. Try not to stress too much. You will probably be spending way less time in the room than you think anyway. Hope you have a magical vacation!

BTW -- We did send letters and pictures to Radisson Inc., priceline.com, AND Disney World, because, unfortunately, The Radisson Worldgate is listed as a Disney World "Good Neighbor" hotel. Our letter to Disney was not really a complaint letter because this hotel is obviously not their responsibility. We were just trying to let them know about the horrid room conditions that this hotel offered to guests while at the same time advertising a strong affiliation with Disney World all over the grounds of the property, as well as on their website. It is quite misleading for the unknowing family. Needless to say, a representative from Disney World LOOKED ME UP in their computers (as I mentioned in the letter that DBF and I are frequent visitors) and CALLED me (I didn't leave a phone number on the letter) and would like to talk to us, especially if we do not hear back from the resort directly. Which we have not yet, as of today. Priceline has also ignored our concerns. The only one who contacted us back was Disney World, the ones who have the least to do with the situation. :sad2: Hopefully, we will hear something from both Radisson and Priceline very soon.

a1tinkfans
06-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Thank you for taking the time to post this.

I FEEL for anyone that is treated to a terrible hotel room, especially if people are saving up for that once a year vacation and then "stuck" in a situation like this. The big think FREAKED ME OUT!!
I really hope that priceline or the hotel chain responds. If not, I would definitely follow with Disneys call. They clearly would not want to be associated with this type of place.
Good Luck!
If it were me and I had charged the stay, I might call the credit company and tell them you are disputing the charge!

lost*in*cyberspace
06-13-2007, 01:45 PM
I suggest that in the future you check tripadvisor.com before booking a hotel (and don't use Priceline if you want to be sure of what you're getting). There are plenty of warnings there about this hotel.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34352-d84723-Reviews-Radisson_Resort_Worldgate-Kissimmee_Florida.html

tothesea
06-13-2007, 03:30 PM
I've been noticing this alot--wondering if you book thru the hotel and pay more, if you get the nice rooms shown in the pictures?

"After asking for another room seeking Sleep Number beds which they advertise as having, it was made clear to us by the staff that since we had booked this hotel by Priceline we could only stay in certain rooms."

NeedaVacation03
06-14-2007, 06:50 AM
I suggest that in the future you check tripadvisor.com before booking a hotel (and don't use Priceline if you want to be sure of what you're getting). There are plenty of warnings there about this hotel.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34352-d84723-Reviews-Radisson_Resort_Worldgate-Kissimmee_Florida.html

Hind sight is 20/20. Live and learn. I am going to try to remain positive about it and not let it ruin my trip. I will be at OKW before that so I am just going to focus on that and not tell DH about the negatives;)

ealimbuyao
07-22-2007, 12:51 AM
Tinkerbell,

Any news from Radisson? We are staying in this hotel in August, 2007. I am wondering if you got to talk to the Radisson people.

Thanks

DianeV
07-22-2007, 12:33 PM
This is why we are so hesitant to bid 3* in that area..we have gotten this place twice and did not like it either time. Complaining to Priceline does no good..they insist it follows their guidelines for 3*. I think the fact that it has a bar and restaurant makes them feel its 3* worthy..

Yes as long as you dont go in the guestrooms! :eek:

Tinkerbelll
07-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Update! ~~ Yes, we did hear back from Radisson Inc. But we just heard back last week, which happens to be about 2 months after our letter was sent to them. The letter that they sent was a form letter and did not address any of our specific concerns. Regardless, they did include a voucher that entitles us to one free night at any Radisson Resort that we choose and they did refund the $30.00 that was charged per night for the "sleep-number" bed upgrade, which didn't work. We would have loved to actually talk to someone about the issues that we encountered, but my guess is that they are getting more complaints than they can possibly address on a personal level. In Radisson's defense, they did attempt to make right by us. A little late and a little half hearted, but at least we weren't ignored. But when all is said and done, after the deplorable conditions of the hotel, and average customer service, at best, it would be quite difficult to persuade us to stay with them again.

As a side note, we heard nothing at all from Priceline, who received the same letter that Radisson did. We will never use this service again. A lot of the novelty and convenience surrounding the service that they provide is being able to bid on something that you have some control over, by choosing a star level. But as a previous poster suggested, priceline does a very poor job of assigning star ratings to the hotels. It was in no way a 3 star hotel, plain and simple.

Disney, on the other hand, was very interested in what we had to say about this "good neighbor" hotel and we heard back from them in a matter of weeks. We got a personal phone call from a woman who apologized to us more than once for the service and quality we received during our stay. Disney doing Radisson's job. Honestly, though, I am just not that surprised.

For those of you who do choose to stay at this hotel for whatever reason, just keep in mind that you are paying them to stay in their hotel, and therefore are entitled to a clean room, at the very least. Be persistent and you should come out all right.

dennise
07-31-2007, 07:10 AM
We had a similar incident with a Priceline property last march, We were booked into a 3* in Bellaire for 4 nights. the grounds were lovely, the hotel looked nice, in a gated area, but it stopped there. Our room was so old and had a lot of safety issures as well as not being very well cleaned. We stayed only 1 night and gave our reasons at the front desk for checking out early. When we arrived home we wrote both the hotel and PL. PL refunded the 3 nights we didn't stay. After 3 weeks of not hearing anything from the hotel I called and we were refunded the night we did stay. I thought PL was very prompt. We also had a lot of pictures, but we didn't even have to send them, I just listed the problems with the room. If we had recieved no results we would have taken it further, there must be some sort of hotel association that inspects these places. Hope you hear from someone soon.

G's mommy
09-29-2007, 08:52 PM
We also stayed one night in this dump last year before checking into our Disney resort. I had a credit from Hotwire to use and ended up with this hotel. We arrived at midnight and were out of there at 8:00 a.m. It was awful!

I have had good experiences with Hotwire and Priceline though, so it's not always bad.

davinakb
10-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Got this via priceline last March. Our room was not awful, but not a 3* (not SleepNumber beds). Sent complaint to Priceline, and keep urging others to do the same. Nothing happened, hope it's on file somewhere. If they get enough complaints, maybe they will downgrade the place. Esp. if you have pictures like these to send with your argument.

punkin
10-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Lovely! NOT. I just got this property on priceline for $45. Luckily we are only there for 2 nights and plan to sepnd as little time in the room as possible. :scared:

tlynk
10-13-2007, 10:23 PM
We stayed there in 2004- the room was OK, but the carpet in our room had huge stains all over it. I thought the hotel rooms would have been upgraded and/or cleaned up by now? We loved the pool and thought the staff was friendly. However, the transportation to WDW didn't cut it. We ended up moving over the the Wilderness Lodge. Wow- what a difference in price, but worth every penny!:thumbsup2 Sorry you had such a bad experience.

drtbk4ever
10-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Lovely! NOT. I just got this property on priceline for $45. Luckily we are only there for 2 nights and plan to sepnd as little time in the room as possible. :scared:

This is JUST GREAT, we too just got this hotel on Priceline for one night during spring break 2008 at $75 per night. Which I think for that time of year is an acceptable price.

But not given the reviews I have read about this hotel. Wife will not be very impressed with me if we walk into our room and see any of what you people saw.

I think Priceline must be receiving kickbacks from Radisson to keep this property listed as 3*. How else can you explain a company that is willing to piss off its customers time and time again.

Oh well, it is only for one night.

DianeV
10-23-2007, 10:52 PM
Thats what I dont get. There have been ALOT of complaints to Priceline about this hotel but they refuse to budge....

punkin
10-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Thats what I dont get. There have been ALOT of complaints to Priceline about this hotel but they refuse to budge....

Kickbacks?

I don't know and I don't want to pre-judge before we get there but I am really upset already.

Cyntillations
10-26-2007, 10:53 AM

Reading the reviews at the link you posted, it seems to be kind of hit-and-miss as to whether you get a decent room or not.

DanenRox
10-26-2007, 02:54 PM
We used Priceline in Sept...great experience....very pleased.
For our January trip used Priceline again....got Worldgate...am horrified by reviews. Immediately contacted Priceline who responded with their commitment to this hotel and instruction to expect a satisfactory room, insisting on room changes if necessary. Ultimately I am to contact Priceline if I am not satisfied.
In truth, I've decided to forfeit the $ 106.00 ( 2 nights at a $45.00 bid) and have booked at a well rated hotel. I wait too long and work too hard for vacations to spend any time in a dump.
Don't know if I'll ever use Priceline again....and I know I'm judging without seeing, but too many people have been too unhappy with Worldgate. :3dglasses

punkin
10-27-2007, 03:00 PM
I have used Priceline before and never been disappointed. I am willing to put up with 2 nights at a dump for $45 per night. If it really is that bad, we can always pay rack rate at the all-stars I will contact Priceline and complain if it really is as bad as all that.

Tinkerbelll
10-31-2007, 09:00 PM
We used Priceline in Sept...great experience....very pleased.
For our January trip used Priceline again....got Worldgate...am horrified by reviews. Immediately contacted Priceline who responded with their commitment to this hotel and instruction to expect a satisfactory room, insisting on room changes if necessary. Ultimately I am to contact Priceline if I am not satisfied.
In truth, I've decided to forfeit the $ 106.00 ( 2 nights at a $45.00 bid) and have booked at a well rated hotel. I wait too long and work too hard for vacations to spend any time in a dump.
Don't know if I'll ever use Priceline again....and I know I'm judging without seeing, but too many people have been too unhappy with Worldgate. :3dglasses

I find it very interesting that we attempted to contact Priceline at least three times in regard to our concerns and all 3 times we were completely ignored. We made phone calls and even sent a formal letter with pictures of the deplorable conditions of the rooms we were given and heard absolutely nothing. As I posted previously, Disney was the only one to respond in a timely fashion and, technically, they were the least responsible for the issues we were addressing. Radisson sent a form letter many weeks later including a one night voucher ... which does us no good as we now steer clear of Radisson properties in general while vacationing. I wonder why Priceline advises to complain about dissatisfaction when they do not even respond? :confused3

bab31
10-31-2007, 09:17 PM
I have used priceline before, but I am afraid to go lower than 4 star...never used it for florida before though. I have used it also for my car rentals

punkin
11-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Well if anyone stays here before December, could you please post another review. I'd hate to get so upset without some fairly recent feedback.

DianeV
11-02-2007, 08:09 AM
I just think that Priceline likes to act like they care but when it comes down to it and you do call and complain with legit concerns they will blow you off. There have been waaay too many complaints about this hotel with them for them to not realize the problems yet anytime anyone does complain they act like they are 'surprised' about it

punkin
11-02-2007, 09:51 AM
I just think that Priceline likes to act like they care but when it comes down to it and you do call and complain with legit concerns they will blow you off. There have been waaay too many complaints about this hotel with them for them to not realize the problems yet anytime anyone does complain they act like they are 'surprised' about it

There is one "review" on the priceline site of this hotel where the guy basically said "I will not write a review for you guys because you do not listen to anyone's concerns anyway."

I thought that was funny.

Gina Loves Disney
12-17-2007, 01:10 AM
I am really not sure what else you should be expecting for $45. No offense, I mean really though, that's like free

ChefBilly
12-17-2007, 06:40 AM
I am really not sure what else you should be expecting for $45. No offense, I mean really though, that's like free

While it might be 'like' free, it's not 'actually' free. At all.
And at what price point does ignoring maintenance, cleanliness and customer service become OK?
I stayed in a dump in Orlando once - for about four minutes. The way I see it, it's not OK to stay in a substandard hotel, even if it is a good deal.

MattM
12-18-2007, 09:09 AM
"And at what price point does ignoring maintenance, cleanliness and customer service become OK?"

Around 40$. You get what you pay for, unfortunately.

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone under any circumstances.

swilshire
12-19-2007, 05:22 AM
I haven't read this whole thread, but basic cleanliness is (or should be) a legal requirement. I might put up with a little less customer service for a discount, but if you can't keep a room clean and usable at a given rate, you should leave it empty and not rent it.

On the other hand, I've stayed in some expensive hotels that also have cleanliness issues. I stayed in a Hilton in Tampa a few weeks ago and was tempted to go buy a bottle of cleaner. I just wasn't convinced that the tub was clean.

Sheila

YayDisney!
12-20-2007, 08:17 AM
We stayed at Radisson WorldGate Resort the first two nights of our vacation - December 5 - 7. We had a wonderful stay there. The room was very clean and spacious, the furniture was nice, refrigerator, coffee maker, desk with free internet capabilities, etc. Very nice and we would definitely stay here again. We got this room from Hotwire and paid $54 per night. I was nervous about staying here after all the bad reviews, but we had a lovely stay.

:thumbsup2

MissRoseRed
01-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Oh, finally, a decent review! I am so worried about this hotel. Yes, I should have read all the reviews before booking, but I was in a bit of a time crunch and the search feature wasn't working...

I just planned a last minute surprise trip for my mom's birthday this weekend. It needs to be as low budget as possible for me to swing it, but I can't think of anything that would make her happier than spending her birthday in the Magic Kingdom. I was willing to pay rack rate for the value resorts, but everything is sold out and I just couldn't see spending more than Disney rates on a non-Disney hotel, so I tried Priceline and figured 3 stars couldn't be that bad.

There are good and bad reviews on the Worldgate at most of the travel sites. I'm not looking for the Ritz, just a clean, comfortable place to crash for a few hours. Here's hoping the hotel fairies are smiling on us! :scared:

picantel
01-21-2008, 11:28 AM
We stayed there about a year ago give or take and never again. We also had to switch rooms as in the middle of the night the air conditioning started to screech. You could not pay me to stay there it is that bad.

sorul82?
01-22-2008, 10:43 PM
We stayed there on 12/29/07 before moving on-site. The room was clean, but the bathtub was cracked on the bottom. It was fine for one night because I knew that the next two nights would be at DVC resorts. When we got our room at Beach Club, I plopped down on the bed, looked up, and saw a huge crack in the ceiling and the paint peeling off around it. :rolleyes: I'm ok with a few scraps and bruises as long as the room is clean. :thumbsup2

MissRoseRed
01-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Sooooooo... We are back from our quickie trip to the World.

Like I mentioned above, it was a last minute thing and I hit up priceline before I read reviews and got stuck with the Radisson Worldgate. I contacted priceline twice before leaving and was assured that it recently passed their "rigorous rating" system and I'd be fine. Of course, priceline has moved their customer service to India, so the only thing they could really do for me was read a script. I crossed my fingers and jetted off to Florida :cool1:

What a horrible, horrible place. The front desk staff was extremely friendly, so I still had hope. A current guest was asking to be switched, and for whatever reason (I'm guessing rm 610 gave up and left), they wound up giving me the room that those folks were about to be moved in to. Maybe that meant we were getting one of the better rooms?

We were given room 305 in the North Tower. Without going into every detail (the list is a solid page long), the entire hotel was filthy, the room was superficially clean, but not really, the mattresses were horrible, the blankets were ripped with tons of moth holes, the tub was cracked, there was mold in the bathroom and on and on. The tv and the ac worked and we had hot water, so I figured this was as good as we were gonna get in this dump. The parking lot in our area was closed, so we had to park back by the conference center. I did not feel at all safe walking from there to the door (there was odd activity in the lots all night long) and the outside door did not lock -- or even close. And that door led right to the elevator. Not safe at all...

When we got back to the room Saturday night, housekeeping had given us new blankets -- these had no rips, just the moth holes, but they left dirty, wet towels on the bathroom floor -- that weren't ours! we checked out at 4am and I have never been so glad to escape a hotel.

I'm sure the Worldgate was nice, even luxurious at some point -- but that was probably 30 years ago.

I wrote a 2 page letter detailing every last thing and sent it to priceline, the hotel and Radisson corporate. I am also going to send it to Disney, because they are still claiming to be a Disney Good Neighbor and I would feel horrible if this place was a family's only experience with WDW. There are Disney offices literally attached to the parking lot -- I can't believe they haven't noticed how poorly kept it is...

Priceline has actually agreed to refund the entire amount I spent with them already. I am also trying to get the hotel to refund my $6.95 a night "resort" fee, because the wireless internet didn't work (in addition to all the other gross stuff).

I'm not a hotel snob, and ordinarily I wouldn't complain, but there was just too much wrong with this place.

Yuck. :scared:

DianeV
01-30-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm really surprised that 2 people think that $40 or less for a hotel means you should expect a dump!

Priceline says this hotel is a 3* hotel. It doesnt matter what price you end up getting it for. They are representing it as a 3* hotel and its not.

Plain and simple and with all the complaints it should be downgraded

rosiep
01-30-2008, 04:11 PM
I'm really surprised that 2 people think that $40 or less for a hotel means you should expect a dump!

Priceline says this hotel is a 3* hotel. It doesnt matter what price you end up getting it for. They are representing it as a 3* hotel and its not.

Plain and simple and with all the complaints it should be downgraded

ITA....just because you are frugal with your money does not mean you deserve to be railroaded. If this hotel is shoddy then it should be downgraded in *'s. Everyone agrees this can't possibly be considered 3*'s!!!

MattM
01-31-2008, 10:13 AM
ITA....just because you are frugal with your money does not mean you deserve to be railroaded. If this hotel is shoddy then it should be downgraded in *'s. Everyone agrees this can't possibly be considered 3*'s!!!

Its not an issue that you are getting derailed, its just you cant expect to get the same quality that you would if you were paying $100-150 dollars for a room. Thats why there are different levels and prices of hotels. The more you pay, the better the quality, just like in most things. If you want a cheap car and buy a Chevy Cavalier, you cant expect it to be as nice as a BMW. Im not saying its right, Im just saying thats the way it is.

This hotel definitely should not be a 3* hotel. We had a similar experience in a different town. If you call priceline, and keep asking for the current customer service rep's supervisor, you will eventually either be refunded or moved to a different hotel. Never accept the first 4 answers when dealing with customer service as a rule.

MissRoseRed
01-31-2008, 11:17 AM
Its not an issue that you are getting derailed, its just you cant expect to get the same quality that you would if you were paying $100-150 dollars for a room. Thats why there are different levels and prices of hotels. The more you pay, the better the quality, just like in most things. If you want a cheap car and buy a Chevy Cavalier, you cant expect it to be as nice as a BMW. Im not saying its right, Im just saying thats the way it is.

But you would still expect that Chevy to actually run, wouldn't you? Just because you pay $10k for a car instead of 30, doesn't mean you'll have to push it, just that it won't have all the bells and whistles.

With hotel/motel rooms, there is a certain base level of quality -- a bed you can sleep in, a room that is clean and a bathroom that works, and a door that locks. I don't care how cheap the room is -- that's the minimum. Then, start adding on room service and featherbeds and fluffy robes, sure, the price is going to go up. The base rate for the Worldgate on their website is $84.95 (plus the resort fee). That's not cheap.

I only had to ask once and both priceline and the hotel have refunded me. They know... I'm guessing there is a block of rooms at the hotel that are not rentable. They give these away to priceline customers, and know that not every single one will ask for their money back. So they're still making some money on rooms that would otherwise just be sitting there rotting... And yes, I would have to say that is getting railroaded... :confused3

MattM
01-31-2008, 11:36 AM
But you would still expect that Chevy to actually run, wouldn't you? Just because you pay $10k for a car instead of 30, doesn't mean you'll have to push it, just that it won't have all the bells and whistles.

With hotel/motel rooms, there is a certain base level of quality -- a bed you can sleep in, a room that is clean and a bathroom that works, and a door that locks. I don't care how cheap the room is -- that's the minimum. Then, start adding on room service and featherbeds and fluffy robes, sure, the price is going to go up. The base rate for the Worldgate on their website is $84.95 (plus the resort fee). That's not cheap.

I only had to ask once and both priceline and the hotel have refunded me. They know... I'm guessing there is a block of rooms at the hotel that are not rentable. They give these away to priceline customers, and know that not every single one will ask for their money back. So they're still making some money on rooms that would otherwise just be sitting there rotting... And yes, I would have to say that is getting railroaded... :confused3

Sure, I'd expect it to run, but not run as smoothly as the BMW and without the whistles, like you said. Like I said, Im not supporting the way it is, Im just stating that its the way it is. I dont agree with it, and I dont like it, but no matter how many times I disagree with it, thats still the way it is.

I definitely agree that Priceline should remove this hotel from their 3* list. 1.5* at best is what I would recommend.

MissRoseRed
01-31-2008, 12:29 PM
I definitely agree that Priceline should remove this hotel from their 3* list. 1.5* at best is what I would recommend.

Have you stayed there? Because I honestly don't think it even deserves 1* -- I've stayed in Motel 6's and Knight's Inns that were FAR better.

Anyway, not looking for a fight, just giving a review and hoping maybe it will help someone else avoid a rotten experience. :rolleyes:

DianeV
01-31-2008, 04:06 PM
The problem is that Priceline is advertising this as a 3* hotel and their regular rates are sometimes around $100. It doesnt matter if you pay $45,what about the ones how paid $100? Both should be treated the same way anyway

MattM
01-31-2008, 05:32 PM
Have you stayed there? Because I honestly don't think it even deserves 1* -- I've stayed in Motel 6's and Knight's Inns that were FAR better.

Anyway, not looking for a fight, just giving a review and hoping maybe it will help someone else avoid a rotten experience. :rolleyes:

I completely agree with you. Ive never stayed at a Knights Inn, but have stayed at a Motel 6 once and it was better.

Not looking for a fight here either, no worries!:goodvibes If you and I can keep someone from staying here from this discussion, then we have done someone a great deed!

MissRoseRed
01-31-2008, 06:03 PM
:thumbsup2

Tinkerbelll
02-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Hello all! I'm the OP and just can't believe that 9 months later, priceline is still listing this resort as a 3*. These complaints are no longer just minor unfortunate circumstances. The deplorable conditions have become the norm for this establishment and in no way should Disney be endorsing it, nor should a company such as priceline, where your stuck with what you win, be offering it. This hotel was downright disgusting. I wonder if there is any thing else that can be done about this!?!? I just feel so sorry that people are still bidding on this dump. I guess I just urge everyone who stays here and has a bad experience to write a stern letter to Radisson and forward it to Disney. If Radisson wants to associate their name and business model with this filth, good for them. I doubt that the WDW company does... good luck to everyone :wizard:

Marshay
02-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Well count me in the LOSER category, too! I have always used Priceline for hotels in Disney World for the day we fly in... since we get in late and didn't want to spend the extra $$ for just a place to sleep.

In the past I got La Quinta, Comfort Inn, Best Western, Holiday Inn and Hilton and guess what I got today???? Radisson Worldgate for $45. Woo Hoo -- can you feel the excitement?? NOT!!

After reading these reviews, I'm dreading our one night in May...however, now I am prepared to request room changes until I get one I like and/or contact priceline/disney/radisson, etc.

I'll post a review once I get back -- maybe things changed?! please???

angiepangie8
03-05-2008, 09:34 AM

thanks for the info on the tripadvisor site. I'm checking there now for myself

SamSam
03-05-2008, 10:01 AM
I don't usually post in this section, but the headline caught my eye and so I popped in to add my opinion of this disgusting property. I picked this property from the advertising on these boards (thinking that made it an okay property) for a 1 night stay before checking into our DVC. DH and I were just plain disgusted, our room was ran down, dirty, etc.. Looking back, we should have complained and asked for a different room, but we decided just to make it through the night and never stay there again.

luke
03-06-2008, 05:46 AM
I don't usually post in this section, but the headline caught my eye and so I popped in to add my opinion of this disgusting property. I picked this property from the advertising on these boards (thinking that made it an okay property) for a 1 night stay before checking into our DVC. DH and I were just plain disgusted, our room was ran down, dirty, etc.. Looking back, we should have complained and asked for a different room, but we decided just to make it through the night and never stay there again.

I'm pretty sure the advertising on these boards is for the Radisson Resort Celebration, which is a different hotel altogether :goodvibes

BabyPiglet
03-17-2008, 11:21 AM
I'm sorry you had a bad vacation. Although I'm sure by now you've had much better Disney vacations.

We stayed at a Raddisson a couple cities away and were appaled by it. The entire hotel was very old and had a strong musty smell. Reminded me of something you'd see out of a horror flick. Thank goodness we were only there for the weekend. We also ate at the restaurant they had and there were bugs in our food. :sad2: I'll never stay at any Raddisson again, just can't chance it.

Marshay
03-17-2008, 02:59 PM
As I approach my May 3 reservation, I am getting more and more nervous about our stay!

So I decided to write Radisson Customer Service and the President of Carlson Hotels (Yvonne La Penotiere) in advance of my travel.

I gave them the web address of this thread and the one on Trip Advisor so they can read and see the comments/photos of this hotel.

Who knows? Maybe with all our comments, we will get their attention!

I hope my experience will be completely different but either way, I'll come back on here and let you all know.

Marshay
03-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Today I received a phone call from Radisson Hotels (Carlson) in regards to the letters I previously sent. Unfortunately, my DD2 was crying at the time and I didn't have an opportunity to really talk to the representative.

However, the rep (she) said that the regional team would be going to the hotel to check it out and would read this and the tripadvisor threads and she would get back to me. She gave me her contact information and asked me to contact her after my trip.

So, I am pleased to get a response so quickly and trust that the company will truly look into this hotel.

Since I haven't stayed here previously, I have no idea what to expect. But hopefully all the "advice" on these threads can really help.

We'll see...I remain cautious but hopeful!

Tinkerbelll
03-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Today I received a phone call from Radisson Hotels (Carlson) in regards to the letters I previously sent. Unfortunately, my DD2 was crying at the time and I didn't have an opportunity to really talk to the representative.

However, the rep (she) said that the regional team would be going to the hotel to check it out and would read this and the tripadvisor threads and she would get back to me. She gave me her contact information and asked me to contact her after my trip.

So, I am pleased to get a response so quickly and trust that the company will truly look into this hotel.

Since I haven't stayed here previously, I have no idea what to expect. But hopefully all the "advice" on these threads can really help.

We'll see...I remain cautious but hopeful!

I have to say that I am very interested in the outcome of this. When we were there last May, members of the staff were very adamant about the fact that all Radisson properties are franchised and even claimed that they have "little to do with one another". So much so, in fact, that if I remember correctly, the front desk manager didn't even know where the other property was located, let alone had a phone number, etc. We asked to switch to the other property because we were so disgusted with all of the rooms that they were showing us at Worldgate, but they said it was out of the question. Now it seems that you have contacted a regional team, which they had originally led me to believe didn't even exist?!?! Either way, hopefully they will finally do something about these conditions. As I've said previously, it really is a great location, even if it was the ONLY good thing... and you know what they say... location, location, location! Kudos to you and please keep us updated!

Marshay
03-25-2008, 08:35 PM
I have to say that I am very interested in the outcome of this. When we were there last May, members of the staff were very adamant about the fact that all Radisson properties are franchised and even claimed that they have "little to do with one another". So much so, in fact, that if I remember correctly, the front desk manager didn't even know where the other property was located, let alone had a phone number, etc. We asked to switch to the other property because we were so disgusted with all of the rooms that they were showing us at Worldgate, but they said it was out of the question. Now it seems that you have contacted a regional team, which they had originally led me to believe didn't even exist?!?! Either way, hopefully they will finally do something about these conditions. As I've said previously, it really is a great location, even if it was the ONLY good thing... and you know what they say... location, location, location! Kudos to you and please keep us updated!

Since we know that they are now reading this thread, I think it is legitimate to bring up these concerns and hopefully they will take us seriously and we will be serious with them, too.

Anyway, I'll definitely keep everyone informed and give my honest opinion.

If nothing else, it makes some good drama! ("As the Worldgate turns...)

:rotfl2:

Tinkerbelll
03-26-2008, 11:20 PM
If nothing else, it makes some good drama! ("As the Worldgate turns...)

:rotfl2:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

And btw, adorable avatar!!!

Marshay
03-26-2008, 11:26 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

And btw, adorable avatar!!!

Thanks! I just got it created by someone on the CMO thread! She is talented!

Marshay
03-31-2008, 09:22 AM
Update:

I received a phone call from Ms. Houston (Carlson Group) on Friday stating that the Radisson Worldgate Resort would be contacting me via letter that they received my letter, are reviewing the threads and to alleviate my concerns they are upgrading me to a Sleep Number Room even though I only booked the standard room.

I haven't gotten the letter yet, but should have it this week.

I'm pleased for the upgrade but told Ms. Houston that many of the concerns with this hotel are mold, dirt, cracked paint, worn out conditions, etc, and if these conditions are in a standard room or an upgraded room, they are still a problem. So although I certainly appreciate the upgrade, I trust that this isn't the "quick fix" to my letter but the start of really making this hotel a good one!

I promised Ms. Houston that I would contact her after my trip to relay my personal thoughts on the hotel, room, restaurant, management, etc.

32 days!!! :cool1:

agnes!
03-31-2008, 09:54 AM

If the staff is being truthful :rotfl2: , then for obviously *not* living up to the franchise agreement the Radisson Worldgate can certainly have their franchise yanked out from underneath them by whomever holds the rights to the Radisson brand.
And from what I've been reading here, that sounds like a good possibility. They should also be dropped like a hot potato from Priceline's system or re-listed as a 1* (is there a zero-star category :idea: ?)

agnes!

jglass3
04-23-2008, 09:53 AM
I also booked through priceline and have this hotel for 2 nights! What can I do? I don't want our vacation to be ruined by a roach motel. :scared1: Thanks!

Marshay
04-23-2008, 10:03 AM
I also booked through priceline and have this hotel for 2 nights! What can I do? I don't want our vacation to be ruined by a roach motel. :scared1: Thanks!

I'll be there in 10 days and will let you know if they made any improvements...:goodvibes

angiepangie8
04-23-2008, 10:09 AM
http://www.radisson.com/hotels/flkisgte

their site posts nice picts:

http://www.radisson.com/rad/images/hotels/FLKISGTE/room_496.jpg

http://www.radisson.com/rad/images/hotels/FLKISGTE/pool_496.jpg

http://www.radisson.com/rad/images/hotels/FLKISGTE/loc_496.jpg Do they have a Beach there? The site shows a couple of these picts

oh wait never mind! that is just there to show what OTHER things you can go and do in the area.

jglass3
04-23-2008, 11:04 AM
Yes, Marshay please let us know if they have gotten better. Yes, I looked on their website and the pics look great. Wonder how old they are?:lmao:

momofpirates
04-23-2008, 01:30 PM
We stayed here last year for the weekend between our Nick stay and our Porofino Bay stay at US/IOA. We got a deal through American Express for a third night free with a free upgrade to the sleep number beds. I think we paid like $54 per night. We were on the third floor in the taller building. When you get there you'll know what I mean. Our room was clean and bug/mold free. I can't say how the other standard rooms were as we didn't see them.

WARNING: we found the pool deck to be very slippery, even with water shoes on. Several children (at least 5) fell around the toddler pool and they were either standing still or walking slowly. No one was running as you might expect. I even caught myself from falling a few times while walking from one pool to the other. We reported this to security and the manager came out with another staff person to check out the battlefield around the toddler pool. These poor little kids were just dropping with no warning. I hope they have made changes to the pool deck surface.

They did have some fun pool activities the kids really enjoyed and some live music at the little bar/snack area at the pool.

Hope someone has a good experience with this hotel.

sorul82?
05-05-2008, 03:45 PM
I'll be there in 10 days and will let you know if they made any improvements...:goodvibes

I'm looking forward to your review!

Marshay
05-07-2008, 11:35 PM
quick review (I'll provide a more detailed one when I get back from WDW)

It wasn't as bad as some of the folks on here have led me to believe...

BUT

it is not as good as it should be.

We took pictures and I'll post them later...

Best thing -- sleep number bed (but I have one at home too so I'm completely used to it)

Worst thing -- they are not keeping up with the maintenance on the rooms. We found and photographed at least 5 things that a more conscientious management staff would not allow to happen.

keishashadow
05-08-2008, 12:43 PM
wow, sorry to hear of so many poor visits

thread caught my eye because DS just returned from a week here with a youth group participating in national Academic Games Competition (ps he came in 9th:goodvibes )

anyway, he's a bit of a hotel snob i'm afraid:rolleyes: being used to quality accommodations, was freaked out by an econolodge @ CedarPoint last year lol.

his take on the 2nd floor room he shared that had a view of the lake area (don't ask me what the bldg was called); it was dated yet clean and the A/C was cold. He said the pool area with DJ was fun, but it was freezing. Another thumbs up for the food they were served.

he actually suggested it for a night or 2 when DVC points are so pricey, shocked he does listen to me!

I must say i felt bad for the other guests staying there with hundreds of middle/HS kids; hope they were on good behaviour:wizard:

Marshay
05-20-2008, 12:11 AM
As promised, here is my review of this resort:

Radisson Worldgate Resort

We stayed overnight on Saturday, May 3 and we checked into our Priceline room at the Radisson Worldgate Resort. The location is great -- very close to Disney except you have to pull out onto 192 to go to Disney and there is no light at the intersection, so depending on traffic, you may have a long wait.

We checked into our room and my first thought was that I thought it was a really nice room. I can see how management would enter the room and at a quick glance, say everything is fine.

I was in #558 with a view toward the parking lot! I really thought I'd get a better view.

Here is the overview of the room:

Notice the wall to wall dresser/counter along the window. This was nice for storage.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s250/memch/WDW%20May%202008/DSC_3064.jpg

TV was on top...Refrigerator was on bottom of the large unit. This was really nice to have a fridge in the room. Also the bottle of water was complimentary!
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s250/memch/WDW%20May%202008/DSC_3065.jpg

View facing the opposite direction
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s250/memch/WDW%20May%202008/DSC_3067.jpg

The shower was nice because it had one of those rods that curve outward to give you more room. However, the bottom of the shower had marks on it. At first I thought it was just dirty and then realized that it was markings on it (chips?).

The Asira toiletries were really nice, esp as they provided separate shampoo and conditioner and 2 different soap bars.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s250/memch/WDW%20May%202008/DSC_3073.jpg

My problem with most showers is that there isn't enough light in them. Once you closed the shower curtain, it was quite dark in there.

So I'm thinking, this is really nice for a room -- nothing extraordinary but a good room. Then before we start to unpack, I explore the room further ... and became disappointed...

Rating Scale 1 (Unacceptable) to 5 (Excellent)

1. Broken Shelf Moulding Edge

It's hard to tell in the picture but the front piece of wood- moulding was not attached on the right-hand side. This made a sharp, splintery edge that my DD of course found first and starting playing with.

I found this very unacceptable to have a piece of furniture not attached, esp when it was wood.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s250/memch/WDW%20May%202008/DSC_3068.jpg

Rating: 1 - Unacceptable, Hazardous

2. Bubbled/Warped Wood

The nice wood shelf along the window was warped. There were numerous bubbles in the wood (not the crackled paint but if you look you'll see at least 11 bubbles in the wood (and there were more). Obviously people had put drinks on the wood and the wood was not properly laminated/sealed. IMHO, this is the fault of the hotel since this shelf is where the ice bucket, glasses and water bottle are -- of course people will put water on here!

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s250/memch/WDW%20May%202008/DSC_3069.jpg

Rating: 3 - Should be better maintained but not urgent.

3. Carpet Stains

Our room had three carpet stains on it...I'm sure none of them were from our previous tenants. Here are 2 of the pics...the largest one we found next to the other bed in the morning, but I didn't get a picture of it.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s250/memch/WDW%20May%202008/DSC_3070.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s250/memch/WDW%20May%202008/DSC_3071.jpg

4. Torn Leather Chair

The desk chair was torn and there was also another stain on it.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s250/memch/WDW%20May%202008/DSC_3072.jpg

5. Paint on Mirror in Bathroom

Minor point but just continues to add up to the lack of maintenance. Whoever painted the bathroom did not take care to ensure that the mirror did not get marked up. It was on the left, bottom of the mirror so did not interfere with viewing.

6. Shower head

The shower head sprayed water into the main bathroom area. While my DH was getting his shower, my DD walked in and her socks got wet. Also, the shower curtain kept blowing into your body while showering. I absolutely hate this!!! Nothing like having a rubbery shower curtain clinging to you while you shower. :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Rating: 2 - Needs to be fixed or damage can occur.

7. Sleep Number Bed

First let me say that I love my Sleep Number Bed at home. We've had ours for almost 1.5 years and although it took me 3 weeks to truly find my comfort level, I totally miss it when I sleep elsewhere.

So the bed gets a Rating of 4.5. The only reason I cannot give it a "5" is because it was only a double bed. Being a tall person, I think any bed less than a queen bed is unacceptable. My DH and I can both fit on one, but neither of us sleep very comfortably. It's fine for one night but I really wanted a queen or better yet a King-size bed.

However, the foundation for the bed was horrible. If you sat on the bottom edge of the bed like we normally do while getting dressed or just sitting down, the other end of the bed lifted up. I was afraid I'd fall over. Then when you stood up, the bed slammed back down. They obviously need to have a longer foundation piece for the bed (think boxspring -- the piece that the mattress sits on top of...)

Rating: 2 - Needs to be fixed or damage can occur.

We did not have an opportunity to use the pools but they looked nice with lots of palm trees around them. However, the pools closed at 10pm I think so we couldn't use them.

Skipping ahead, we did eat brunch at the hotel, and except for the French Toast that literally went "ka-chunk" on my plate ("how long was that sitting there?!"), it was good. It had all the basics -- eggs, bacon, potatos, cereal, juices, fruit.

An unexpected surprise and not a pleasant one was the $7/day resort fee. When I asked about this charge, I was told it covered complimentary transportation to the parks (DIDN'T NEED, USE OR WANT), gym (DIDN'T NEED, USE OR WANT), and phone (DIDN'T NEED, USE OR WANT). It may have covered something else too, like the pool or safety deposit box which I also didn't need, use or want. So I guess that "complimentary" bottle of water was really $7 :eek: :eek: That's worse than Disney!:rotfl:

I plan to submit this report to Ms. Houston, my Carlson/Radisson contact, and am curious how they will respond. My overall rating for the Resort is a 3. It is fine for Priceline or a really good deal. They accepted our bid of $45 (but then you paid taxes and the $7 resort fee on top!)

tley
05-20-2008, 05:12 AM

It is fine for Priceline or a really good deal. They accepted our bid of $45 (but then you paid taxes and the $7 resort fee on top!)

Very interesting thread! You have to wonder, though, if part of Priceline's refusal to downgrade this hotel is revenue driven. I know that there are tens of thousands of hotels that figure into their profit - but this is Orlando, Mickey's Land! So by downgrading this, the $45/night is less appealing to the masses because the lower number of stars, the less expensive you expect it to be and thus less of a deal. Of course it could just be ignorance too!

Either way, I'm subscribing - this is interesting and I'd like to see how it unfolds!

NeedaVacation03
05-20-2008, 11:33 AM
I did not realize that this thread was still around.
We stayed here July of last year. Never again. It was everything I thought it would be and less. Even the pee smell in the stairwell that was not cleaned up the whole time we were there.

I plan to submit this report to Ms. Houston, my Carlson/Radisson contact, and am curious how they will respond. My overall rating for the Resort is a 3. It is fine for Priceline or a really good deal. They accepted our bid of $45 (but then you paid taxes and the $7 resort fee on top!)

I appreciate your review but I think when you are saying that it is a great Priceline deal, you are forgetting that you got upgraded to a better room than most are getting. Our room was terrible. It did not look anything like the room that you were in and it sure didn't have a sleep number bed. I think that when you reported back to Carlson/Radisson they should have been made aware that you were the exception not the rule for a Priceline room.
I am glad your stay went well. I wish that that was true for everyone getting this hotel.

Marshay
05-20-2008, 11:46 AM
I did not realize that this thread was still around.
We stayed here July of last year. Never again. It was everything I thought it would be and less. Even the pee smell in the stairwell that was not cleaned up the whole time we were there.

I appreciate your review but I think when you are saying that it is a great Priceline deal, you are forgetting that you got upgraded to a better room than most are getting. Our room was terrible. It did not look anything like the room that you were in and it sure didn't have a sleep number bed. I think that when you reported back to Carlson/Radisson they should have been made aware that you were the exception not the rule for a Priceline room.
I am glad your stay went well. I wish that that was true for everyone getting this hotel.

That is a very good point! I still think it is a fine Priceline deal (not sure I ever said great...) but that was based on the Sleep Number bed room.

The couple who checked in before me was also through Priceline and they were also upgraded to a Sleep Number Bed...obviously not a guarantee though.

I agree if there was a pee smell, that would be awful! Our room smelled fine.

NeedaVacation03
05-20-2008, 12:57 PM
That is a very good point! I still think it is a fine Priceline deal (not sure I ever said great...) but that was based on the Sleep Number bed room.

The couple who checked in before me was also through Priceline and they were also upgraded to a Sleep Number Bed...obviously not a guarantee though.

I agree if there was a pee smell, that would be awful! Our room smelled fine.

You are right. Sorry about that :flower3:
I would still not consider our room a good deal either, but your room did look good. I think if we had stayed there then it would have been a better situation. At the time we were there, the people we talked to who were Priceline were all in the yucky rooms. I am glad that it is working out for some people, because I would hate to think that it would ruin someones trip.

Marshay
05-28-2008, 10:54 PM
Just wanted to provide an update -- I sent my review of this hotel to my Carlson contact on May 20th and I haven't heard anything since.

FYI -- The review I sent was a cut and paste from what I posted here.

Marshay
06-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Just a final post -- haven't heard a word from Carlson since giving them my room report. I emailed them twice...guess they didn't like what I had to say...but I thought I was being fair -- their room definitely needed work, some was minor (like the paint on the mirror) and other was pretty bad (like the 3 spots on the rug and broken wood moulding).

disneycrazycatlady
06-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Stayed here 6/8 through 6/14/08- We got it on price line for $50 per night and I didnt expect much- BUT we were so pleasantly surprised. OUr room was spotless and the sleep number bed was very comfortable- We had a corner room so we had two exposures- the staff was great- very personable and accomodating- I would stay here again

PrincessTanyuhKaypoo
07-14-2008, 08:27 PM
I have stayed here twice over the last 3 years. We're only a couple of hours from WDW so we visit during the weekend a lot, and at the last minute. The first time was a couple of years ago for one night. I got a really good deal from Priceline so we gave it a shot. I wasn't very happy with our stay and said I'd never stay there again.

Until my father surprised me with a weekend to WDW. He's an avid golfer and one of the tournaments he was in was based at this resort, so they had discounted rooms. I wasn't thrilled, but figured I could make do for 2 nights since it was free to me. I invited my best friend to join me and we set off for the weekend. I wasn't expecting much after my last trip, but I was plesently surprised this time. Our room was well cleaned and didn't smell. The bathroom was very taken care of and the beds were very comfortable- we did have Sleep Number beds.

We ordered room service on our first night because we got there late and were both exhausted. Our dinner arrived later then we where told, so we where given a free dessert. The food was very good, and would have been terrific if it had come on time.

It seems that this resort is very hit or miss, mostly being a miss.

Purseval
09-09-2008, 10:09 PM

We stayed overnight on Saturday, May 3 and we checked into our Priceline room at the Radisson Worldgate Resort. The location is great -- very close to Disney except you have to pull out onto 192 to go to Disney and there is no light at the intersection, so depending on traffic, you may have a long wait.

You left the hotel, turned left and got onto 192. If you had turned right instead, followed the road around to the left and made a right it would have brought you straight into WDW with no traffic, right near the entrance to Animal Kingdom Lodge. No wait at all.

As for the hotel itself, we stayed there for 2 nights in February 2008 and thought it was fine. We paid $45/night through Priceline. The bed was comfy (not a Sleep Number, btw) we could see the Tree Of Life from our room, the shower was hot and the ice was cold. They also had a ticket desk where they tried to talk you into buying an onsite timeshare, we got free breakfast and tickets to Pirate's Adventure Dinner Theatre just for telling them no thanks (we go to Orlando twice a year and free tickets through timeshares are a part of our vacation ritual). Nice pool and a pingpong table we used for a few games. The ease of getting into WDW was a big plus and you could walk to some nice restaurants out on 192. Well worth the price. No, it can't compete with the Grand Floridian but we weren't expecting it to and it was like a palace compared to the Grosvenor in Downtown Disney. That's a place we were expecting to be a palace and it was El Dumpo. Obviously a lot of others agreed, it went out of business and now I think they call it the Regal Sun.

djjradio
10-21-2008, 07:53 AM
Sadly, I have never heard anything "good" about this location.
We almost stayed here once, but the reviews on tripadvisor kept us away. :coffee:

d4est
11-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Looks like it's been downgraded to a 2 1/2 star.

Marshay
11-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Looks like it's been downgraded to a 2 1/2 star.

That sounds more appropriate.

On my list, it's a "if you need a place to stay for one night and can get it for less than $50", we'd consider...guess that means more like a 1.5 or 2 star...:rotfl:

Supermom3
11-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Is this the same Radisson as Radisson Lake Buena Vista on Vineland Rd.?

MattM
11-12-2008, 04:12 PM
No, the Radisson Worldgate is on US 192.

Minxe
03-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Hi all,

New to the forums here. :) I'm planning a trip to Orlando with my fiancee in May and we were eyeing Radisson Worldgate because it's one of the few hotels that actually provide shuttle services to WDW and Universal. We're on a rather tight budget so free shuttle is definitely a plus. However, the horror stories are starting to scare me... a ratty hotel room I think we can handle, but I read a review on TripAdvisor which criticized the shuttle service. Is the shuttle service going to be worth toughing it out there?

Thanks in advance! :hug:

Marshay
03-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Hi all,

New to the forums here. :) I'm planning a trip to Orlando with my fiancee in May and we were eyeing Radisson Worldgate because it's one of the few hotels that actually provide shuttle services to WDW and Universal. We're on a rather tight budget so free shuttle is definitely a plus. However, the horror stories are starting to scare me... a ratty hotel room I think we can handle, but I read a review on TripAdvisor which criticized the shuttle service. Is the shuttle service going to be worth toughing it out there?

Thanks in advance! :hug:

Sorry, can't help with the shuttle service since we didn't use it. But as for the hotel, if you are on a tight budget and got a great rate, then this hotel may be just fine.

Just remember with any shuttle service (WDW or others), that shuttle does not mean taxi...you'll have to wait, you may have additional stops along the way, timing may not work out for you to get where/when you want to go, so give yourself plenty of time to get to the parks, restaurants, etc.

Enjoy your trip and please write back on here how your visit turned out.

Calle&Jakesmom
11-07-2009, 09:25 AM
I'm curious if anyone has stayed at this resort recently. The web-site claims "$23 million" spent on renovations and "first class 4 star resort." I wonder if things have changed?

Marshay
11-07-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm curious if anyone has stayed at this resort recently. The web-site claims "$23 million" spent on renovations and "first class 4 star resort." I wonder if things have changed?

I hope they have improved their facility. It has great potential and it definitely is an 'OK' hotel, esp if you are only there a day or two or not really in your room and you get a terrific rate.

Otherwise, I'd rather stay on-site and live the magic longer.

disneycrazycatlady
11-07-2009, 12:47 PM
I agree- 1 or 2 nights in this hotel should be fine- when we stayed - 2 years ago- the rooms were comfortable and clean- what I didnt like was the surrounding area- the area on 192 is older and not so nice- I would rather stay on property- another plus is that the hotel is very close to the Animal Kingdom entrance and the AKL (about 5 min in the car)- also- it is close to the town center in Celebration which has some nice restaurants- although you do need a car to get to these places from this hotel since it is not on property.

Calle&Jakesmom
11-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the feedback. We always stay on Disney property (DVC or Deluxe resorts) and love it! Unfortunately, our trip this year needs to be done on a tighter budget, so I've been looking for alternatives and considering an off-site hotel as a way to save on expenses. I know nothing will live up to our favorites- BCV and Wilderness Lodge... but, we'll still be in Florida and in Disney parks!

disneycrazycatlady
11-10-2009, 10:58 AM
I know what you mean about a budget- We are DVC members and love the BWV and OKW- but when we stayed at the Radisson- we didnt want to use points that week- again- the hotel should be fine for a few nights- the people there were very pleasant- just dont go sightseeing down 192 West

kevindorsey
01-10-2010, 02:41 AM
I agree- 1 or 2 nights http://bodybuilderspro.info/customimages/5/1240197088/random.gifin this hotel should be fine- when we stayed - 2 years ago- the rooms were comfortable and clean- what I didnt like was the surrounding area- the area on 192 is older and not so nice- I would rather stay on property- another plus is that the hotel is very close to the Animal Kingdom entrance and the AKL (about 5 min in the car)- also- it is close to the town center in Celebration which has some nice restaurants- although you do need a car to get to these places from this hotel since it is not on property.

Yea, that's my experience 2. We stayed there about 18 months ago, and it was a good, clean, comfortable room for about 2 nights. Nothing spectacular.

Lucky1218
01-21-2010, 02:02 AM
Thanks for sharing your experience~~