PDA

View Full Version : Castaway Cak Future plans

PepeLePirate
05-22-2007, 12:15 PM
I recently went on the 7-day western caribbean cruise, and at our stop in Castaway Cay, we noticed a lot of heavy equipment next to the pier. I'm wondering if Disney is planning a permanent resort there? expansions? maybe making the dock larger for the 2 new ships?

I asked a couple of cast members and they answers were pretty much "I have no idea", "Really can't speculate", "Can't say".

Any of you guys have heard anything? an all-inclusive resort (DVC??) in Castaway Cay would be awesome.

NowaSki
05-22-2007, 01:44 PM
There have been rumors about a Resort or Water Park on the Island for a number of years now, but nothing for sure.

IMHO, I doubt they will build a Resort or Water Park. I doubt the Infrastructure on the Island could support it (fresh water, waste treatment, electricity, etc.) .

The probably are starting work related to the two new ships. The ships are much larger than the current ships, which may mean bigger pier, and of course more guests on the island.

paulh
05-22-2007, 02:14 PM
dont think its for a resort,as we were told when we were there that when it gets dark the mosqetos are a major problem and just sprayng would not help.Every room would have to have nets and everone would have to have a jab to stay overnight.More like depening the dock as new ships are bigger
Paulh

PepeLePirate
05-22-2007, 03:34 PM
well...the whole all-inclusive resort was my wishful thinking. I know they whole infrastructure would be needed, but hey...where else would Disney be able to hold you hostage and charge you US$5 for bottled water??

I just loved the island and was hoping to stay longer.