PDA

View Full Version : single serving drink mixes

disneedee
05-21-2007, 09:07 PM
i've seen these mentioned here before but haven't paid a lot of attention. found them on office depot web site under weekly deals for $12.49 for 100ct.
seemed like a decent price and thought someone might be interested. this is online only, and you do have to spend $50 to get free shipping.

Kimmumum
05-22-2007, 10:25 AM
I buy mine at Walgreens 10 packets for a dollar. Wylers brand and many flavors. I think Walmart has close to the same deal too.

bookgirl
05-22-2007, 01:14 PM
I buy the sugar free walmart brands both the singles and the two quarts. The 4 pack two quart mixes are less than $2 like around 1.70 I believe, I don't remember the price on the singles but not more than the quarts I know. They taste great. The non sugar free may be less but I don't drink those.

hinodis
05-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Sounds like a good deal to me. Thanks I will be checking that out myself.

dameodie
05-22-2007, 05:34 PM
I found the Kool-Aid ones at our local discount megamart... They were $1.99 for 16 but they had packs of manufacturers coupons on the display for a $1 off... :thumbsup2

eeyore45
05-22-2007, 05:49 PM
At WalMart I brought a brand called "TRUE" as in True Lemon, True Orange, True Lime - I mistakenly thought I was trying another off brand, inexpensive "on the go" pack... imagine my surprise when I added it to my water bottle (it is on hte box that way...) and it had no taste - well an off orange taste - but it was a clear color!! So I sent an email to the company - mistakenly believing this batch somehow missed thier artificial coloring... :rotfl2: um NO, it was all me - I didnt read the label, or see no artifical color or flavor - it was supposed to be that way!!

I was embarrassed, next time take glasses and read the fine print!

calypso*a*go-go
05-22-2007, 06:53 PM
I wish they said what flavors were included. I've also been buying the Wylers brand from Walgreens...my kids really like the pink lemonade!

Chickysmom
05-22-2007, 06:59 PM
are the Wylers brand sugar/calorie free?

calypso*a*go-go
05-22-2007, 07:21 PM
are the Wylers brand sugar/calorie free?

Yes!!! I believe all the individual packets are. Walgreens had Raspberry, Lemonade, and Pink Lemonade.

billwendy
05-22-2007, 08:30 PM
im just curios - do they make any that are not sugar free? for some reason, im sensitive to any sugar substitute (and i've looked everywhere and tried everything) - i have no idea why!! it gives me an instant asthma attack - so i drink water, which i love, but every once and a while this would be so nice and easy if i could find one!!! thanks!!

Brenda in CA
05-22-2007, 09:06 PM
im just curios - do they make any that are not sugar free? for some reason, im sensitive to any sugar substitute (and i've looked everywhere and tried everything) - i have no idea why!! it gives me an instant asthma attack - so i drink water, which i love, but every once and a while this would be so nice and easy if i could find one!!! thanks!!

Kool-aid makes single serving packets that are not sugar-free

dameodie
05-23-2007, 07:06 AM
Yeah, I was gonna say, I think the Kool-Aid ones I got are sugar-full ;)

keishashadow
05-23-2007, 07:16 AM
Kool-aid makes single serving packets that are not sugar-free

:thumbsup2 only ones my family will drink; haven't found an "off-brand" yet that's full of sugary goodness.;)

i think crystal lights are yummy.

dameodie
05-23-2007, 07:18 AM
Seriously, how much sugar can be in one of those little packets anyway?? There's more sugar in a sugar packet I think...

It's still better than giving them soda!

keishashadow
05-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Seriously, how much sugar can be in one of those little packets anyway?? There's more sugar in a sugar packet I think...

It's still better than giving them soda!

and they so much better:rolleyes1

i don't like the taste of KoolAids non sugared variety and I live on Sweet N Low.

mnasmom3
05-23-2007, 08:09 AM
If you use the Kool Aid ones in a normal sized bottle of water, you'll need 2. Those are designed for the smaller kid sized waters. I like the True Lemon ones a previous poster mentioned because sugar substitutes give me terrible headaches. True Lemon ones don't have all the artificial stuff in them. I paid $2 for the box of 40, so at that price you can add 2 packets is one isn't enough.

disneymoon0606
05-23-2007, 10:24 AM
I've bought the Countrytime Lemonade brand, which are not sugar-free, and think it tastes awesome!

Anne34
05-23-2007, 02:54 PM
Our Walgreens also had a large box of the Wylers for Lemonade, Pink Lemonade and Raspberry small drink mixes. I paid $5.00 for 50 packets. Their selection is limited -- also they are sugar free.