PDA

View Full Version : Water parks & more ticket purchase qualify for Dining plan Package?

jayally
05-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Hello,

I have a 7 day land/sea package booked for November. We are going to stay an additional 4 nights after our cruise at a disney resort to take advantage of the 7 day park hoppers tickets already included. I purchased non refundable airfare and cannot add more days on to take advantage of 1 day base tickets we would need to purchase to qualify for the dining plan add on. I was told by someone that technically I could purchase the water parks and more tickets as part of a room package and that would qualify me for the dining plan? I was going to add it on anyway so this would be a great solution. Does anyone know if this is true? I hate to waste 3 1 day base tickets and I don't know when we will make another trip to FL as my kids are getting older and it is time to try some new places for our next trip. I heard the base tickets are non-transferrable so I would not be able to sell them to someone else. Would disney refund any un-used tickets? It seems silly the way this is set up but I guess Disney makes money from people who don't need more tickets but want to use the dinng plan. If you are going to pay for the DDP and stay at a resort anyway what difference is it to purchase more tickets, especially since I do have a package, just with DCL? :confused3

bicker
05-22-2007, 06:02 AM
I was told by someone that technically I could purchase the water parks and more tickets as part of a room package and that would qualify me for the dining plan?AFAIK, "Water Parks and More" is only an add-on option to MYW tickets. So you don't need the Water Parks and More option to qualify -- the MYW tickets which the Water Parks and More option is added-on to, as part of your package purchase, would qualify you for purchasing the Dining Plan. I'm not sure about that though.

I heard the base tickets are non-transferrable so I would not be able to sell them to someone else.Correct. Admission cannot be resold, except by companies licensed by Disney.

Would disney refund any un-used tickets?No. Admission purchase is non-refundable.

... I guess Disney makes money from people who don't need more tickets but want to use the dinng plan.That seems very likely and explains why these rules are the way they are.

Allison
05-22-2007, 08:46 AM
You cannot purchase the dining plan package as a part of the land/sea package. Are these extra days beyond your land/sea package?

You have to purchase a MYW base ticket at a minimum with the plan.

JoiseyMom
05-22-2007, 08:48 AM
You cannot purchase the dining plan package as a part of the land/sea package.

She is adding days to her trip, it is in ADDTION to her land and sea, a totally separate reservation.

jayally
05-22-2007, 02:29 PM
The tickets that come with the package are 7 day park hoppers. I am going to add on some days at a resort after our cruisie to use the remaining 4 days. I will have to pay for a room and wanted to somehow purchase the dining plan for the last 4 days but I don't need to purchase another day because I will not have time to use it. Too bad I already bought my airfare. :(

I was hoping it was true what someone told me that I could purchase only water park/disney quest tickets as part of my room purchase and that would be considered a package. I hate the idea of wasting money on a ticket. Too bad DCL won't allow purchase of the dining plan, I would be willing to pay for it if that was the case. I am trying to prepay as much as possible and the dining plan would allow us to experience places I would not othewise try.

extremesoccermom
05-22-2007, 06:35 PM
You would have to buy the one day but if you don't use it then it would not expire and can be used on a future trip.
I have 4 days of a 10 day non expiring pass left from a couple of years ago that I will use in August. I will not use my one day pass at all. For DD I will upgrade her ticket to a 10 day non expiring pass when we arrive. That way she will have 6 days left after this trip and I will have the 1 day pass that I can upgrade next visit.popcorn::

illiniowl
05-22-2007, 06:50 PM
The tickets that come with the package are 7 day park hoppers. I am going to add on some days at a resort after our cruisie to use the remaining 4 days. I will have to pay for a room and wanted to somehow purchase the dining plan for the last 4 days but I don't need to purchase another day because I will not have time to use it. Too bad I already bought my airfare. :(

I was hoping it was true what someone told me that I could purchase only water park/disney quest tickets as part of my room purchase and that would be considered a package. I hate the idea of wasting money on a ticket. Too bad DCL won't allow purchase of the dining plan, I would be willing to pay for it if that was the case. I am trying to prepay as much as possible and the dining plan would allow us to experience places I would not othewise try.

2 options for you to get the DDP for the 4-day (is that 3 nights?) add-on to the end of your cruise.

#1, book your room for the add-on nights as a package with 1-day base MYW tickets for each person in your group. Do NOT use these tickets, though - save them in a safe place and use the remaining days on your already-purchased park hoppers. Your 1-day MYWs will not expire, and when/if you return to WDW you can whip out those saved tickets and apply the value toward whatever admission you want to get at that time. IOW, for you to qualify to purchase the DDP you would need to "prepay" about $70 per adult/$60 per child toward future park admission for each person.

#2 is to rent points from a DVC member to stay at a DVC resort for the tail end of your stay. Check the DVC rent/trade board on here for more info. The DVC member making the ressie for you can have Member Services add the DDP to your ressie (no park admission purchase requirement here), and then you pay for it when you check in.

jayally
05-22-2007, 07:03 PM
#2 is to rent points from a DVC member to stay at a DVC resort for the tail end of your stay. Check the DVC rent/trade board on here for more info. The DVC member making the ressie for you can have Member Services add the DDP to your ressie (no park admission purchase requirement here), and then you pay for it when you check in.[/QUOTE]

I had not thought of that. Thanks, I will look into it. My kids are getting older and this is our 3rd trip and I don't know how likly it will be to make another trip for a long while. We are going to plan a Europe trip for 2009.