PDA

View Full Version : when can you buy DDP

gokenin
05-20-2007, 02:51 PM
We are heading down in October and we are thinking about using the DDP when we go down this year. The question I have is how far out from your arrival date do you have to purchase the plan? I ask because I was thinking about waiting till after the food and wine special event lists come out, this normally comes out in june or july and we are heading down in oct can we still purchase the plan as late as Aug or Sept?:confused3

JimMIA
05-20-2007, 03:32 PM
DDP is a part of a package, not something you buy or not. The package usually includes a room onsite at a certain rate (usually rack rate or part of an AAA package*), a one-day base park ticket purchase for each person on the ressie, and DDP for each person in the room for each night of the ressie.

If you are staying in a DVC resort on points, you can call and add the DDP three days out without the theme park ticket requirement, and you pay for DDP at checkin.

I'm not sure what the purchase deadline is for a CRO or AAA package, but I'm sure someone will post that answer soon.

DDP is a great deal during F&W because most of the tapas selections at the various countries in WS go for just a snack credit. Lobster roll for a snack credit has to be one of the all-time bargains at WDW.

*ETA: This means an AAA package booked through AAA, not just calling CRO or another travel agent and getting a room at a AAA rate.

gokenin
05-20-2007, 03:45 PM
DDP is a part of a package, not something you buy or not. The package usually includes a room onsite at a certain rate (usually rack rate or part of an AAA package*), a one-day base park ticket purchase for each person on the ressie, and DDP for each person in the room for each night of the ressie.

If you are staying in a DVC resort on points, you can call and add the DDP three days out without the theme park ticket requirement, and you pay for DDP at checkin.

I'm not sure what the purchase deadline is for a CRO or AAA package, but I'm sure someone will post that answer soon.

DDP is a great deal during F&W because most of the tapas selections at the various countries in WS go for just a snack credit. Lobster roll for a snack credit has to be one of the all-time bargains at WDW.

*ETA: This means an AAA package booked through AAA, not just calling CRO or another travel agent and getting a room at a AAA rate.

Staying at Wilderness Lodge Villas on DVC points was wondering is the only way to pay for it is at checkin you cant pay before on a credit card?

JimMIA
05-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Staying at Wilderness Lodge Villas on DVC points was wondering is the only way to pay for it is at checkin you cant pay before on a credit card?
You can pay with a credit card, but as far as I know DVC members and guests have to pay at checkin and not before. We consider that a benefit, but I know a lot of folks don't -- they'd rather have it paid up front, but I don't think you can do that with a DVC ressie.

If you haven't already, you should start making ADRs. The Epcot eateries will be nuts during F&W.

gokenin
05-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the answers have already made our reservations still trying to figure out if DDP is a better choice for us than out of pocket

n2mm
05-20-2007, 07:11 PM
To add the DDP to a DVC reservations (w/Points), remember that the member has to call and add the DDP to your reservation prior to your arrival. ALso keep in mind that member services do not keep the same hours as CRO, so your member has only business days and hours to call and a few hours on Saturday, which means, don't wait until the last minute to make your decision. We often wait too and will call the week before we arrive. As others have said, it can only be paid during checkin.