PDA

View Full Version : Room key with infant child

tbird89
05-19-2007, 05:37 PM
We're planning an August trip to The World and had a question regarding an infant child. I already know that children under 3 go into the parks for free, but are they also given a hotel room key with their name to use as a ticket or does the cast member at the turnstiles just waive the child through? We will be staying at Pop Century and wanted our child to have a keepsake (the room key w/his name) from the trip. It also doesn't hurt to have a spare hotel room key. If not, can you request an extra room key which will just open the room? Being that our original tickets will have the dining plan and park hoppers on them. :thanks: in advance!!!

mom-2-3
05-19-2007, 05:48 PM
When we've traveled with a <3 child, they did not receive a room key and for our upcoming trip, my 2 yr ds is not even listed on the reservation info. Not because we left him off, but because he's "Mickey's Guest". Don't know though if you could request one.

binigrl417
05-19-2007, 06:01 PM
We are unable to print out a room key for an infant because in that case we would have to list them as a child on the reservation. If a guest is not staying on a package (e.g. dining, tickets) we can list them as a child. However, if we do this on a package reservation that "child" will automatically be charged for the child dining or tickets.

disneyjunebug
05-19-2007, 06:30 PM
At the gates, If he is in a stroller, they will just open the gate and let you push him through.

CleveRocks
05-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Children under 3 get free admission to the parks. Therefore, a ticket isn't needed. Therefore, a room key is never generated for them in the first place.

kaytieeldr
05-19-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm thinking you can't do/get what you want because, aside from the excellent information in post # 3, any room key able to open the room door would be considered "activated", and would make the actual possessor eligible for perks like Extra Magic Hours.

thunderbird1
05-20-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm thinking you can't do/get what you want because, aside from the excellent information in post # 3, any room key able to open the room door would be considered "activated", and would make the actual possessor eligible for perks like Extra Magic Hours.

Good point--it would be really easy for dishonest people to get extra keys for their under 3's, then give them to non-resort guests (grandparents who are locals or other friends/family members staying offsite) for access to EMH. I've never thought of that before.

kaytieeldr
05-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Of course not - you're not a mistrusting, skeptical cynic like I am :teeth:

Debbie
05-20-2007, 11:38 AM
You'll be able to keep your key for your little one as a keepsake. Also, I think that there might be a button for "My first trip". Saw it on another thread. So, you could stop at Guest Services to check that out for him. Have a great time!

idreamofdisney24/7
05-20-2007, 11:49 AM
A few years back at POP we were checking in and holding our daughter who was probably about 1.5 at the time. The woman checking us in gave her a card that was not activated at all. We did not ask for it, she just gave it to us.