PDA

View Full Version : Just back - CSR May 11 - 19th

Clang
05-19-2007, 03:35 PM
We just got back this afternoon!

We stayed at Coranodo Springs for the first time. The resort is STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!! We were in Casitas 5. We had a car...so the location was fine. We did not ride the buses....but saw them all the time. My boys - DS9, DS6 & DH LOVED the Dig Site pool! We also enjoyed our quiet pool near the room. Mousekeeping was fine, our room was clean enough, and most importantly it was READY when we checked in at 11:30 am.

BUT NO ONE TOLD ME THERE WOULD BE NO MICKEY ICE CREAM BARS AT CSR!!!!!! WAH!!!!!! What's up with that?????

Seriously, though CSR has become DH's Favorite!!!! We all enjoyed it very much.

bluerendezvous
05-19-2007, 04:04 PM
We will be there next week! Can't wait!

wdw-ocd
05-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Gald to hear you had such a good time. We'll be at CSR in July and I just can't wait!:banana:

DreaminDisney
05-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Glad to hear you liked it. We're staying there in December for 1st time.

rie'smom
05-19-2007, 07:04 PM
We were in Casitas 5 too! It's one of the most beautiful resorts we've ever visited either in the states or in Europe.

rlduvall
05-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Wow!! This is so great to hear. My friend and I are staying there in September for Free Dining . . . but being the OCD person I am (;) ) I keep looking at other resorts and wondering . . .

It's not the outside of the resort - that looks stunning, it's the inside of the rooms. They look a little . . . uhm . . . too bright and "busy". :confused3 Am I the only one who thinks this?

Also, I am becoming very confused about location to request. We are renting a car and my friend suffers from rheumatoid arthritis, so we need to be reasonably close to the parking lot. Everyone raves about Cabana B, but that looks a little far away from the car. (I'm trying to not be resentful of my friend's condition, but I would have loved a waterview from that location) I absolutely love the outside looks of the Casitas, but the last thing I want to hear are partying conventioners. Even with my "sound" machine, I hear EVERYTHING. :headache: I also think the Ranchos look interesting, but they also look hot with no lush vegetation.

Oh why, oh why, do we torture ourselves with our decisions?:sick:

rie'smom
05-19-2007, 07:33 PM
Wow!! This is so great to hear. My friend and I are staying there in September for Free Dining . . . but being the OCD person I am (;) ) I keep looking at other resorts and wondering . . .

It's not the outside of the resort - that looks stunning, it's the inside of the rooms. They look a little . . . uhm . . . too bright and "busy". :confused3 Am I the only one who thinks this?

Also, I am becoming very confused about location to request. We are renting a car and my friend suffers from rheumatoid arthritis, so we need to be reasonably close to the parking lot. Everyone raves about Cabana B, but that looks a little far away from the car. (I'm trying to not be resentful of my friend's condition, but I would have loved a waterview from that location) I absolutely love the outside looks of the Casitas, but the last thing I want to hear are partying conventioners. Even with my "sound" machine, I hear EVERYTHING. :headache: I also think the Ranchos look interesting, but they also look hot with no lush vegetation.

Oh why, oh why, do we torture ourselves with our decisions?:sick:

Most of the time,the convention people are in Casitas 1. We were in casitas 5 and were never bothered. Casitas 5 has a parking lot right outside the door. Just call and explain that you have a medical request and ask to be near the parking lot. We had what was probably the most beautiful parking lot view ever!:rotfl: The landscaping is so lush that you couldn't see the lot.

rlduvall
05-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Most of the time,the convention people are in Casitas 1. We were in casitas 5 and were never bothered. Casitas 5 has a parking lot right outside the door. Just call and explain that you have a medical request and ask to be near the parking lot. We had what was probably the most beautiful parking lot view ever!:rotfl: The landscaping is so lush that you couldn't see the lot.

Thanks so much for the info. I had seen an aerial view of the grounds and noticed that Casita building was very close to the parking lot. (verified building number from ******** site). Thanks again . . . so it is either Casita 5 to accommodate my friend . . . or Cabana 9B to accommodate me (for the waterview). :laughing: Actually, the photos of the Casita area are my favorite. :cloud9:

Did you eat at Mayas? If so, what did you think?

Buzz2001
05-20-2007, 06:44 AM
Welcome back!!

WDW LifeLong Fan
05-20-2007, 06:50 AM
Glad you had a good time. No Mickey Bars? How did I not notice that when we stayed there!?!?!?!? :confused3

"I like the Mickey Bars" :rotfl:

Welcome Back! :thumbsup2

Buzz2001
05-20-2007, 06:50 AM
Thanks so much for the info. I had seen an aerial view of the grounds and noticed that Casita building was very close to the parking lot. (verified building number from ******** site). Thanks again . . . so it is either Casita 5 to accommodate my friend . . . or Cabana 9B to accommodate me (for the waterview). :laughing: Actually, the photos of the Casita area are my favorite. :cloud9:

Did you eat at Mayas? If so, what did you think?cabana 8b would accommodate both of you. Great location and close to the parking lot.

http://i2.tinypic.com/5zlbvvk.jpg

msn4693
05-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Thanks for posting. We will be vacationing at CSR this fall.

fla4fun
05-20-2007, 10:35 AM

As someone who stayed frequently at CR during their bright and colorful phase, I don't find CSR to be bad at all. But, then, I usually remove the bedspreads right away when I check in, and that takes a lot of the bright and busy away.

aamob
05-20-2007, 02:08 PM
We will be arriving around 1:00. Do they ever allow early check-ins or will we have to wait until 3:00?

rie'smom
05-20-2007, 02:37 PM
We will be arriving around 1:00. Do they ever allow early check-ins or will we have to wait until 3:00?

If the room is ready,you can check-in.

Praise2Him
05-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Do they still have the old mugs or are the new ones there?

Lilolvr
05-20-2007, 07:29 PM
It's my favorite too! Thanks for posting!!

MargoBoo
05-20-2007, 07:40 PM
We will be there for Thanksgiving for our first time. I cannot wait! We requested Cabanas 8a, so we will see what we get. So glad you ahd a great trip.

Margo

bab31
05-20-2007, 07:56 PM
Welcome back!

We stayed in Casitas 3 and didnt have any issues with loud anybodies!

Pig Pen
05-20-2007, 08:04 PM
I adore Casitas. The Palm Court is very cool, but a waterview room in Casitas 5 is to die for.

The rooms look much nicer in person than in photos. I was worried about the busy colors and patterns as well, but they seem to fit together perfectly!

rlduvall
05-20-2007, 08:20 PM
cabana 8b would accommodate both of you. Great location and close to the parking lot.

http://i2.tinypic.com/5zlbvvk.jpg

********: I saw your post earlier this morning, but just noticed now that you marked the building with an arrow for me. Thank you so much!!!:) And thanks to everyone for the information about buildings, colors, etc. . . . :cloud9:

Buzz2001
05-21-2007, 05:33 AM
********: I saw your post earlier this morning, but just noticed now that you marked the building with an arrow for me. Thank you so much!!!:) And thanks to everyone for the information about buildings, colors, etc. . . . :cloud9:No problem. Have a great trip!

Buzz2001
05-21-2007, 06:27 AM
Do they still have the old mugs or are the new ones there?Good question, I'm not sure of the answer.

LaurieG
05-21-2007, 07:31 AM
I just returned from my first stay at CSR on 5/18 and they were still using the old mugs

Praise2Him
05-21-2007, 07:44 AM
Thank you!

Buzz2001
05-21-2007, 08:58 AM
I just returned from my first stay at CSR on 5/18 and they were still using the old mugsThanks!

Tinkerbell_Girl
05-21-2007, 09:33 AM
Great review! I will be staying there in November, I can't wait!

DisneyInDel
05-21-2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks!! Just changed from All Stars to CSR for our stay in September!:cool1:

luna99
05-21-2007, 11:00 AM
I've stayed there twice and really enjoyed it both times!! It is really beautiful, especially at night when you walk through the courtyards with the lighted fountains and stuff. :cloud9:

Disneyglobegirl
05-21-2007, 12:27 PM
We just spent 2 nights there this past weekend and really loved it too! The kids loved the pool and we thought the resort was very nice - we will definately try it for a longer stay in the future:thumbsup2

Mickey23
05-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks for sharing!

JessieWoodyBuzz
05-21-2007, 02:08 PM
We just got back from CSR, too. We've stayed there before and loved it just as much this time.

solfan68
05-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Two weeks(and counting) to our first stay at CSR. Looking forward to the Dig Site and the Pepper Market in particular. Any of the recent visitors have tips for the CSR n00b ? Both of our previous stays were at CBR, so helpful hints are greatly appreciated ! :thumbsup2

Buzz2001
05-21-2007, 04:36 PM
We just got back from CSR, too. We've stayed there before and loved it just as much this time.Welcome back!

CanadianGuy
05-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Happy to read a great report.. I'm leaving in 9 days.. can't wait. Will be taking LOTS of pictures etc.

Knox

MudEJeep
05-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Woo Hoo! :cool1: Will also be there in 9 days and can't wait!! Look for us at the pool...I'll be the one with the look of disbelief that I'm actually, FINALLY, there!!!! :cheer2:

bru_ellman
05-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Well, uh, we're going to be at CSR in nine days too! We usually stay at CBR (we LOVE :love: CBR), but they didn't have any availibility when we made our reservations last week. However, we're really looking forward to trying out a new place.

We're also hoping for the YOAMD mugs so we can also use them when we visit CBR for old times' sake this trip.

rlduvall
05-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Happy to read a great report.. I'm leaving in 9 days.. can't wait. Will be taking LOTS of pictures etc.

Knox

Please post those pictures. We will be waiting with *bated breath.:cutie:

*(Is that baited or bated? Now that I have typed it - I'm not sure.:) )

Praise2Him
05-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Please post those pictures. We will be waiting with *bated breath.:cutie:

*(Is that baited or bated? Now that I have typed it - I'm not sure.:) )

You were correct...have more faith in yourself! :thumbsup2

We are booked for POP in September, but I'm ~this close~ to calling and changing to CSR as a surprise for DH. He loves this resort! I asked the kids (teens) and they said to just do it and then tell him it's a Father's Day present!

Carol D
05-22-2007, 04:28 AM
Thanks for the review! Looking forward to my stay.

LindsayDunn228
05-22-2007, 05:09 AM
No one has answered yet, so I will ask. Do they still have the CSR mugs or are they using the YOAMD mugs yet? I have, no kidding, around 10 of the mugs in my pantry. I was hoping they would have the YOAMD mugs :)

Buzz2001
05-22-2007, 05:16 AM
No one has answered yet, so I will ask. Do they still have the CSR mugs or are they using the YOAMD mugs yet? I have, no kidding, around 10 of the mugs in my pantry. I was hoping they would have the YOAMD mugs :)Someone posted on page 2 that CSR was still using the old mugs.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=18768498&postcount=24

G's mommy
05-22-2007, 06:12 AM
Our next vacation at CSR begins in just 4 days! I was hoping for new mugs also. Is it possible to purchase them at another resort and bring them back with you to CSR? Are the same mugs being used at most the resorts now?

Buzz2001
05-22-2007, 06:50 AM
Our next vacation at CSR begins in just 4 days! I was hoping for new mugs also. Is it possible to purchase them at another resort and bring them back with you to CSR? Are the same mugs being used at most the resorts now?Have a great trip!

rlduvall
05-22-2007, 08:13 AM
We are booked for POP in September, but I'm ~this close~ to calling and changing to CSR as a surprise for DH. He loves this resort! I asked the kids (teens) and they said to just do it and then tell him it's a Father's Day present!

Last year a friend and I stayed at Pop for free dining. I tried to talk her into upgrading to a Moderate, but $$ was tight for her so I dropped it. I liked Pop well enough and would stay there again if that meant it was the only way I could go. :rolleyes1 BUT, I much prefer the Moderates over the Values. :cool2: It's not that the room is much bigger, but the furnishings are just a little nicer, the walls aren't quite as plain, the grounds are more special, and the theming is a little more elegant. Truly, the inside of a Pop room is a clean, basic Motel 6. I wasn't looking forward to returning to the resort like all of my other trips. Then again, I am the type of person that considers her hotel part of the whole experience. :cloud9: Not everyone agrees. I will say this about Pop though, with the free dining deal and after I ran the numbers on what we would have spent for food, they paid US to stay there. :lmao:

I am again doing free dining this year with a different friend who I easily talked into staying at CSR. ;) (Yes, I love my family, but they don't like to go to Disney as much as me - what's up with that - and it's a lot cheaper to go without them.:woohoo: ) I am so looking forward to staying at CSR and am more into the planning and dreaming this time. :cloud9:

Boy, this was sure a long dissertation to just say:

UPGRADE TO CSR!!!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Buzz2001
05-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Last year a friend and I stayed at Pop for free dining. I tried to talk her into upgrading to a Moderate, but $$ was tight for her so I dropped it. I liked Pop well enough and would stay there again if that meant it was the only way I could go. :rolleyes1 BUT, I much prefer the Moderates over the Values. :cool2: It's not that the room is much bigger, but the furnishings are just a little nicer, the walls aren't quite as plain, the grounds are more special, and the theming is a little more elegant. Truly, the inside of a Pop room is a clean, basic Motel 6. I wasn't looking forward to returning to the resort like all of my other trips. Then again, I am the type of person that considers her hotel part of the whole experience. :cloud9: Not everyone agrees. I will say this about Pop though, with the free dining deal and after I ran the numbers on what we would have spent for food, they paid US to stay there. :lmao:

I am again doing free dining this year with a different friend who I easily talked into staying at CSR. ;) (Yes, I love my family, but they don't like to go to Disney as much as me - what's up with that - and it's a lot cheaper to go without them.:woohoo: ) I am so looking forward to staying at CSR and am more into the planning and dreaming this time. :cloud9:

Boy, this was sure a long dissertation to just say:

UPGRADE TO CSR!!!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:Enjoy your stay!

LibertyLover
05-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Thank you for posting. DH, DD4 and I will be there the end of December. It's a new resort for us and we are looking forward to staying there.

mom22boys
05-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Do the inside of the rooms vary from Casitas, to Cabanas, to Ranchos?

By the way, I would love to stay in the Cabanas or the Casitas, but I do not think I would like the Ranchos. This is why I have never booked a stay at CSR. Do you think I should skip CSR since the Ranchos do not appeal to me or is there some hidden secret I am missing about the Ranchos?

Much thanks!:daisy:

Buzz2001
05-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Do the inside of the rooms vary from Casitas, to Cabanas, to Ranchos?

By the way, I would love to stay in the Cabanas or the Casitas, but I do not think I would like the Ranchos. This is why I have never booked a stay at CSR. Do you think I should skip CSR since the Ranchos do not appeal to me or is there some hidden secret I am missing about the Ranchos?

Much thanks!:daisy:They used to before the rehab but not the differences are in the boarder, headboard, and paintings. All the rooms have the same bedspread and rug. Three of the four ranchos have a distinct desert theme. If it doesn't appeal to you, or you think it would ruin your trip, don't take the chance because the room location is not guaranteed. Rancho 7b is not as desert like. It is surround by trees and has the quiet pool.

You can see pics on my website below.

mom22boys
05-22-2007, 06:26 PM
They used to before the rehab but not the differences are in the boarder, headboard, and paintings. All the rooms have the same bedspread and rug. Three of the four ranchos have a distinct desert theme. If it doesn't appeal to you, or you think it would ruin your trip, don't take the chance because the room location is not guaranteed. Rancho 7b is not as desert like. It is surround by trees and has the quiet pool.

You can see pics on my website below.

Thanks Buzz! Rancho 7b does look pretty. I know my DSs would love the Dig Site pool!

Buzz2001
05-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Thanks Buzz! Rancho 7b does look pretty. I know my DSs would love the Dig Site pool!Good luck deciding!!