PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Room at Pop!!

Trentmom
05-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Hey All.

I just returned from Pop Century on May 15th.

We were there May 8th-15th,

We had building #10 in the 70s Section, Room 0225

One night, I am lying in bed watching tv, the whole place is quiet, minus our tv.

All of the sudden, two of the hangers in the closet, that have nothing on them and no air vent near them, bang and then start swinging for about 15 seconds...

This happened 2 more nights that we were there,

No one next to us banged the wall or no one above us made any loud bangs that would make them move.

Just wanted to share....Thought it was preety Creepy, but cool!!

disneyfanUSA
05-19-2007, 01:58 PM
AHH i would be so scared lol!!

Zoom
05-19-2007, 02:01 PM
thinking of changing our ASMU ressie to POP, but now I guess not!!!

DreaminDisney
05-19-2007, 02:02 PM
:scared1:

Huff
05-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Might have been an unbalanced A/C unit.

Fuddrules
05-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Earthquake. Florida is going to fall in the Ocean one of these days :scared:

Trentmom
05-19-2007, 05:47 PM
AHH i would be so scared lol!!

I had a few experiences at my house growing up, so I was used to it..

My house was very old!!!

Trentmom
05-19-2007, 05:48 PM
thinking of changing our ASMU ressie to POP, but now I guess not!!!

Don't let that scare you away....Pop is themed so nice.....and has great bus service!!

Trentmom
05-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Might have been an unbalanced A/C unit.

There are no vents on over there.....:confused3

Trentmom
05-19-2007, 05:49 PM

You made me think of Chicken Little:

"The Sky is Falling, the SKy is Falling!!"

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

2manypets
05-19-2007, 06:01 PM
OOOHHHH, very scary:scared1: I think I would have run out of the room crying like a baby!:faint:

Parla
05-19-2007, 08:06 PM
I would have taken the bible out, told the spooks to go away and slept with the bible in my bed. I would have wanted to leave but would be too embarrassed to go tell the front desk to change my room because it was haunted.

KMZOB
05-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Oh boy...I requested the 70s section for our trip in September...I may rethink it! LOL. I am a chicken. I would be terrified.

tkldisney
05-19-2007, 08:33 PM
:eek: Not sure what I would do. :faint: But, definitely spooky & cool at the same time.

skifast22
05-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Well with the Haunted Manshion closed for rehab those 999 ghosts need to find someplace to live, right? :teacher:

CanadianGuy
05-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Well with the Haunted Manshion closed for rehab those 999 ghosts need to find someplace to live, right? :teacher:

And the Chuckle of the Day Award™ goes to....

HeatherPage
05-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Were seances big in the '70's? Maybe this is new theming their adding...

pepperw23
05-19-2007, 08:56 PM
How exciting. I am mostly a big chicken, but not when it comes to ghosts, haunted houses scary movies etc...I know what room I am requesting. If I was a ghost I would probably hang at Disney too. ;)

Trentmom
05-19-2007, 09:01 PM

That was a good one!!!

Pop has more then enough rooms for all 999 and yourself....:lmao:

Trentmom
05-19-2007, 09:02 PM
How exciting. I am mostly a big chicken, but not when it comes to ghosts, haunted houses scary movies etc...I know what room I am requesting. If I was a ghost I would probably hang at Disney too. ;)

Wouldn't it be funny if guest after guest were to start requesting this room,it would sure make the people at reservations curious.....??

Would anybody actually give them the real reason or make something up?

Trentmom
05-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Were seances big in the '70's? Maybe this is new theming their adding...

"Since the 1970s, author Jane Roberts has transcribed text channeled from what she described as an "energy personality essence" named Seth. Topics attributed to Seth discuss the nature of physical reality, the origins of the universe, the theory of evolution, the many-worlds interpretation, the Christ story, and the purpose of life among other subjects and form a collection of more than 10 books and a number of videos and audio recordings.

Author John Fuller used a Ouija board in his research for his 1976 book The Ghost of Flight 401. As he was skeptical of its effectiveness, he worked with a medium and claimed they both contacted Don Repo, the flight engineer on the flight which crashed into the Everglades en route to Miami. According to Fuller, the information divined described facts that neither he nor the medium previously knew."

Trentmom
05-19-2007, 09:06 PM
OOOHHHH, very scary:scared1: I think I would have run out of the room crying like a baby!:faint:

Not me...I love scary stuff!!!

Trentmom
05-19-2007, 09:08 PM
I would have taken the bible out, told the spooks to go away and slept with the bible in my bed. I would have wanted to leave but would be too embarrassed to go tell the front desk to change my room because it was haunted.

Parla, I can so picture you doing that....:rotfl2:

You are not a big fan of quija boards are ya?? :lmao:

4eyedbuzzard
05-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Hey All.

One night, I am lying in bed watching tv, the whole place is quiet, minus our tv.

All of the sudden, two of the hangers in the closet, that have nothing on them and no air vent near them, bang and then start swinging for about 15 seconds...

No one next to us banged the wall or no one above us made any loud bangs that would make them move.

People die everywhere, even in hotel rooms. Could be a spirit trapped in this realm - never got to his last ADR and still has a day left on his Passport... :teeth:

pepperw23
05-19-2007, 09:10 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if guest after guest were to start requesting this room,it would sure make the people at reservations curious.....??

ha ha. Yea it would. Heck we should start a "request the room" thread. :rotfl:

I would tell em' :goodvibes

Trentmom
05-19-2007, 09:21 PM
People die everywhere, even in hotel rooms. Could be a spirit trapped in this realm - never got to his last ADR and still has a day left on his Passport... :teeth:

And the award for the 2nd Chuckle of the Day goes:

4EYEDBUZZARD

:rotfl2:

cindyfan
05-19-2007, 09:22 PM

:lmao: :rotfl2:

Trentmom
05-19-2007, 09:22 PM
ha ha. Yea it would. Heck we should start a "request the room" thread. :rotfl:

I would tell em' :goodvibes

OMG....that would be hilarious.....

:lmao:

Hobbes
05-20-2007, 05:07 AM

But wouldn't this contravene Disneys rules on overoccupancy-"Yes I'd like a room at the Pop and 995 trundle beds please"

I Love Pluto
05-20-2007, 05:27 AM
Ghostbusters - get them. "Who ya gonna call..."
But - weren't they the 80's? Oops - wrong decade.

Maybe the hangers were only dancing?!? They must get bored just hanging around all day.

FHS_chick_2005
05-20-2007, 05:36 AM
I want to stay in that room!! thats so cool Sharky!!!!

mirthmaiden
05-20-2007, 06:50 AM

Yeah, watch Disney throw in some fake cobwebs and spooky music and charge people $10 more per night to stay in the "preferred" room :laughing:

mbtileguy
05-20-2007, 09:14 AM
it is all the ghosts from across the lake in the " ghost town" called the
unfinished legend years. its very scary looking:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: over there

adamsloco
05-20-2007, 09:15 AM
I'm so sorry to burst everyone's bubble. But I am afraid that I am going to have to debunk the ghost theory. No such things as ghosts (EXCEPT at the Haunted Mansion).

You should be proud! You are now one of the few people who has actually witnessed -- and I've been trying all my life -- the clothes' hanger mating ritual! Congratulations! Did you see any new hangers? The ritual is so rare we have no idea of the common gestation period of the hanger. If you noticed any new hangers, that would give us an idea.

I've got to stay in that room!!!;)

izzys4
05-20-2007, 09:25 AM
Hanger mating rituals ...... OMG this thread is so funny!:lmao:

Poohbear123
05-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Very Loudly, "KNOCK IT OFF AND LEAVE!" Seems to work in the past.....:rolleyes1 4eyedbuzzard wins all the awards today!:thumbsup2

ktink
05-20-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm so sorry to burst everyone's bubble. But I am afraid that I am going to have to debunk the ghost theory. No such things as ghosts (EXCEPT at the Haunted Mansion).

You should be proud! You are now one of the few people who has actually witnessed -- and I've been trying all my life -- the clothes' hanger mating ritual! Congratulations! Did you see any new hangers? The ritual is so rare we have no idea of the common gestation period of the hanger. If you noticed any new hangers, that would give us an idea.

:lmao: Love it! The only thing is I wish our hanger would mate. We never seem to have enough hangers in the house.:confused3

Trentmom
05-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Ghostbusters - get them. "Who ya gonna call..."
But - weren't they the 80's? Oops - wrong decade.

Maybe the hangers were only dancing?!? They must get bored just hanging around all day.

Hanging around.....:rotfl2:

Trentmom
05-20-2007, 12:58 PM
I want to stay in that room!! thats so cool Sharky!!!!

Thanks Steph......

Write it down and don't forget for when you get you and your butthead to WDW....:goodvibes

Trentmom
05-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Yeah, watch Disney throw in some fake cobwebs and spooky music and charge people $10 more per night to stay in the "preferred" room :laughing:

That would be very Disney like....:rotfl:

Trentmom
05-20-2007, 01:00 PM
it is all the ghosts from across the lake in the " ghost town" called the
unfinished legend years. its very scary looking:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: over there

We walked over the bridge to take a peek and you are right, it is pretty creepy over there...

Trentmom
05-20-2007, 01:01 PM

You have quite the imagination.....:rotfl2:

Trentmom
05-20-2007, 01:04 PM
:lmao: Love it! The only thing is I wish our hanger would mate. We never seem to have enough hangers in the house.:confused3

We always have too many...

I guess our hangers are really busy....:lmao:

Here are some for you:

http://www.onlyhangers.com/DSN/wwwonlyhangerscom/Content/Images/metal%20hangers.jpg

beaniejawa
05-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Hey All.

Sounds like somebody has a mice problem. Mice in little red pants. :scared1: :eek: :scared1:

Trentmom
05-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Sounds like somebody has a mice problem. Mice in little red pants. :scared1: :eek: :scared1:

Now Mice are scary....:scared1: :scared1:

http://www.pulsatingdream.com/mr_1.jpg

Nienor
05-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Only wood hangers mate in the manner described. Plastic hangers reproduce by binary fission.

Now that picture is scary. :scared1:

Trentmom
05-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Only wood hangers mate in the manner described. Plastic hangers reproduce by binary fission.

I did my best looking for a scary Mickey Pic....:thumbsup2
Thanks

Binary Fission....:rotfl2:

G8r4evr
05-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Creepy! I cant tell my husband, because he will ask to stay in that room next time!

Trentmom
05-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Creepy! I cant tell my husband, because he will ask to stay in that room next time!

Don't be scared, don;t you remember this friendly ghost:

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2006/01/07/images/2006010702280401.jpg

disneyjunebug
05-20-2007, 01:36 PM

Yeah, and you can't shout at them to "Get a Room!!" because they have.... its just they picked YOUR ROOM!

I personally think it is the ghost of all those dead (thankfully) leisure suits from the 70's.... You know the powder blue ones?

Trentmom
05-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Yeah, and you can't shout at them to "Get a Room!!" because they have.... its just they picked YOUR ROOM!

I personally think it is the ghost of all those dead (thankfully) leisure suits from the 70's.... You know the powder blue ones?

:scared1: :scared1:

http://www.amasquerade.com/images/costumes/historical/1970s/image064.jpg

life of the party
05-20-2007, 01:59 PM

:rotfl:

mickeymouseclubhouse
05-20-2007, 02:26 PM
This thread is too funny! LOL :laughing:

Trentmom
05-20-2007, 04:20 PM
This thread is too funny! LOL :laughing:

Glad you and all are finding this amusing.....:goodvibes

http://z.about.com/d/themeparks/1/0/Q/HM9.jpg

englishrose47
05-20-2007, 07:56 PM
:idea: Why didn't you call "Ghost Busters"?:lmao: :scared1:

Trentmom
05-20-2007, 10:15 PM
:idea: Why didn't you call "Ghost Busters"?:lmao: :scared1:

Because even though it is a 800 number, I believe Disney will still charge you for making that call....:rotfl2:

Trentmom
05-21-2007, 12:38 AM
Just wanted to also share that I have had my share of ghosts growing up and now...:

My brother had the door to the attic in his room and when he was little, he kept referring to lady white to my parents...he said she visited him at night.....:scared1:

When I was about 10, I had just turned out lights and got into bed, when I saw this eerie blue glow under my ceiling fan and it looked like a lady from the 20s with big floppy hat and long dress from that era...:scared1:

My dad has seen people all the time...he said he saw peole in our living room playing cards...20era....:scared1: :scared1:

here is one for you...our basement used to be a slave chamber.....

Our house was very old!!!

PrincessJasmine1972
05-21-2007, 04:52 AM

:rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2:

JPN4265
05-21-2007, 06:08 AM
Hey All.

That is so cool!! Take about your E-Ticktet Ride.:thumbsup2

Trentmom
05-21-2007, 01:39 PM
That is so cool!! Take about your E-Ticktet Ride.:thumbsup2

Definitely!!!:cool1: :cool1:

I wish Disney would make a hotel themed like Tower of Terror....That would be so awesome!!!!

FHS_chick_2005
05-21-2007, 01:45 PM

I wish Disney would make a hotel themed like Tower of Terror....That would be so awesome!!!!

::yes:: but I think alot if people would take the stairs... I would! :rotfl:

GOOFY4DONALD
05-21-2007, 03:49 PM

I have heard that the Tower of Terror Hotel designed is based on a real hotel in Hollywood, The Roosevelt. I stayed there (before it got popular again) and let me tell you the place is haunted!!!! That is the hotel that Montgomery Cliff died in and Marilyn Monroe haunts.

Trentmom
05-21-2007, 10:04 PM

Very True...:lmao:

Trentmom
05-21-2007, 10:06 PM
I have heard that the Tower of Terror Hotel designed is based on a real hotel in Hollywood, The Roosevelt. I stayed there (before it got popular again) and let me tell you the place is haunted!!!! That is the hotel that Montgomery Cliff died in and Marilyn Monroe haunts.

Really???

Going to have to google that.....sounds awesome!!

Notice you are going on your first trip to Disney, is it the first time for as a family or have you never been before?

You are going at a great time and are going to have blast!!!!

The lights at MGM are amazing!!!!

TeddyToo
05-21-2007, 11:04 PM
I think the hangers are shivering in fright from the possibilty of having to "wear" one of those leisure suits.:scared1:

Trentmom
05-21-2007, 11:42 PM
I think the hangers are shivering in fright from the possibilty of having to "wear" one of those leisure suits.:scared1:

another good one...:rotfl:

http://www.coolorwhat.net/blog/images/34/o_larry1.jpg

Trentmom
05-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Just giving this thread a little bump, as I don't want it to become DEAD...

Wait...it already is......:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

luvthemouse71
05-22-2007, 07:05 PM
Last September(at POR), the toilet in our hotel room flushed by itself one night. Twice in a row! It was so funny, I told my sis, "Go look! Go look!" and she was telling me "No, YOU go look!":lmao: In a way, it makes sense..I'm sure it was just a former DISer who has crossed over to the other side. Hey, maybe that's what heaven is..a never ending WDW trip!:thumbsup2

BeenDISedTwice
05-22-2007, 07:36 PM
Doubt it is haunted. More than likely a CM down below in the cast only tunnel banged something and it vibrated up the wall. We have machinery and ductwork in my workplace that vibrates certain walls all the time even when they're seperated by a couple floors. Just like MK there is probably an entire area below each resort for doing laundry, etc.

shellbelle
05-22-2007, 08:48 PM
Hey All.

I'm glad you posted this. Last May we were staying at Coronado Springs and one night my daughter fell out of her bed pretty hard. She is 11 and never falls out of bed. I woke up and got her back into bed. Right after that I heard a loud thump and then crying in the room next to us. It sounded like the child in the room next to us had fallen out of bed, too. I didn't think it was a coincidence. Very weird...but true.

CanadianGuy
05-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Doubt it is haunted. More than likely a CM down below in the cast only tunnel banged something and it vibrated up the wall. We have machinery and ductwork in my workplace that vibrates certain walls all the time even when they're seperated by a couple floors. Just like MK there is probably an entire area below each resort for doing laundry, etc.

Nope.. nothing down there. Pop's laundry and service area is across the road.. sort of positioned between CBR and POP.

The buildings are on a concrete pad.. Nothing underneath. And even if there were a basement.. it would have to be something pretty neat to vibrate JUST the coat hangers and not the walls or floor.. two stories above the basement.

:)

Knox

Trentmom
05-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Last September(at POR), the toilet in our hotel room flushed by itself one night. Twice in a row! It was so funny, I told my sis, "Go look! Go look!" and she was telling me "No, YOU go look!":lmao: In a way, it makes sense..I'm sure it was just a former DISer who has crossed over to the other side. Hey, maybe that's what heaven is..a never ending WDW trip!:thumbsup2

That would be nice about heaven being a never ending WDW Trip....one can only hope...:wizard:

Trentmom
05-22-2007, 09:48 PM

Nope, there is nothing below Pop...

sorry....:goodvibes

Trentmom
05-22-2007, 09:49 PM
I'm glad you posted this. Last May we were staying at Coronado Springs and one night my daughter fell out of her bed pretty hard. She is 11 and never falls out of bed. I woke up and got her back into bed. Right after that I heard a loud thump and then crying in the room next to us. It sounded like the child in the room next to us had fallen out of bed, too. I didn't think it was a coincidence. Very weird...but true.

That is strange.....:scared1:

GOOFY4DONALD
05-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Really???

Going to have to google that.....sounds awesome!!

Notice you are going on your first trip to Disney, is it the first time for as a family or have you never been before?

You are going at a great time and are going to have blast!!!!

The lights at MGM are amazing!!!! This is the entire family's first trip to WDW. I grew up in So. Ca and have been to DL way too many times to count at least 50. But this is a whole new ball game. Anyway the Roosevelt (now it's a Radisson Roosevelt) was very popular in Hollywood's hayday. It was the place to be seen. Actually it was where the first Academy Awards took place. It is quite the hotel...and I have some stories that I find hard to believe...and I lived them.:scared1:

mom2taylorandemily
05-22-2007, 11:44 PM
Hey, maybe that's what heaven is..a never ending WDW trip!:thumbsup2

I'm counting on it!!!!:thumbsup2

Friendly Frog
05-23-2007, 09:07 PM

:thumbsup2

Oh me too!!!! That was what I told my husband the first time we went through the ride que.

I actually turned our guest room into a Haunted Mansion room.

I had a lot of fun doing it. I kept most of it "period" with a few cheap fun things thrown in. It has an old antique bed set complete with marble toped dresser and tables. The curtains and bed spread are a heavy burgundy fabric. I have gargoyle trim around the top of the ceiling. To the side is a fainting couch with caved bird back. An amour with a skeleton inside. One of those floating heads in a ball things that is motion activated. The lighting is old antique lamps, one of which is rigged with a device that makes the lights flicker with sound... oh and several dozen other little surprises tucked around.

Needless to say it would have to be a close friend or another Haunted Mansion fan staying over. :rotfl2:

Oh and it doesn't hurt that the room and bath are upstairs...alone. BOOOOO!

CanadianGuy
05-23-2007, 09:13 PM
Little Known Fact:

The original plans for the Tower of Terror included a portion of the building that extended OUTside the park and was an actual functioning hotel.

This was scaled back and then removed as the attraction development proceeded.

Knox

Friendly Frog
05-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Little Known Fact:

The original plans for the Tower of Terror included a portion of the building that extended OUTside the park and was an actual functioning hotel.

Knox

Really cool fact. Thanks!!!!!!

FHS_chick_2005
05-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Little Known Fact:

Knox

thats cool!!

Friendly Frog
05-23-2007, 09:18 PM

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

and speaking of funny, in my Jr. prom picture, my date has on a powder blue tux!! :eek:

FHS_chick_2005
05-23-2007, 09:24 PM

and speaking of funny, in my Jr. prom picture, my date has on a powder blue tux!! :eek:

so did my my moms date!!! :lmao:

Trentmom
05-23-2007, 11:34 PM
This is the entire family's first trip to WDW. I grew up in So. Ca and have been to DL way too many times to count at least 50. But this is a whole new ball game. Anyway the Roosevelt (now it's a Radisson Roosevelt) was very popular in Hollywood's hayday. It was the place to be seen. Actually it was where the first Academy Awards took place. It is quite the hotel...and I have some stories that I find hard to believe...and I lived them.:scared1:

I have always wanted to go to DL, but the airfare from NJ to California, is so high!!!

Now that you mentioned you have stories and you have lived them, you have to share them please!!!!

I love ghost stories!!

Thanks...:goodvibes

Trentmom
05-23-2007, 11:35 PM
:thumbsup2

Oh me too!!!! That was what I told my husband the first time we went through the ride que.

I actually turned our guest room into a Haunted Mansion room.

I had a lot of fun doing it. I kept most of it "period" with a few cheap fun things thrown in. It has an old antique bed set complete with marble toped dresser and tables. The curtains and bed spread are a heavy burgundy fabric. I have gargoyle trim around the top of the ceiling. To the side is a fainting couch with caved bird back. An amour with a skeleton inside. One of those floating heads in a ball things that is motion activated. The lighting is old antique lamps, one of which is rigged with a device that makes the lights flicker with sound... oh and several dozen other little surprises tucked around.

Needless to say it would have to be a close friend or another Haunted Mansion fan staying over. :rotfl2:

Oh and it doesn't hurt that the room and bath are upstairs...alone. BOOOOO!

That sounds awesome.

Do you have any pics you can post>? I would stay there in a heartbeat....:thumbsup2

Trentmom
05-23-2007, 11:36 PM

My brother wore a powder blue tux to his 8th grade dinner dance...:rotfl2:

Piecey
05-23-2007, 11:51 PM
Where is that room located? My brother and I stayed in a room at POP and weird things happened while we were there. We heard banging more than a few times (coming from the front door and when we opened it, no one was there!)

We also had the stuff on our hangers fall off on us!

This was the "B" building (closer to the 80s, furthest from the lake)

I forget our room number, but it was in the left wing of the T .
If I recall correctly it was the far left room of the second little grouping after the hallway that goes through the hotel (sorry, this sounds confusing to me and i even know what im talking about!) but, basically.. we were the room on the left, bottom floor, of the second little group to the left of where the bottom part of the T comes out.

Phew. Hope that doesnt make your head hurt!

FHS_chick_2005
05-24-2007, 12:11 AM
Where is that room located? My brother and I stayed in a room at POP and weird things happened while we were there. We heard banging more than a few times (coming from the front door and when we opened it, no one was there!)

If I recall correctly it was the far left room of the second little grouping after the hallway that goes through the hotel (sorry, this sounds confusing to me and i even know what im talking about!) but, basically.. we were the room on the left, bottom floor, of the second little group to the left of where the bottom part of the T comes out.

aww I love the puppy in your sig!! very cute!!

Trentmom
05-24-2007, 01:13 AM

It was in the 70s section, building number 10. The Big Wheel was right in front of our building,

If you took the elevator, when you came out, you went left til the end, then right and then the first left and we were the corner room...2nd floor..

Did I make your head hurt too?:laughing:

Piecey
05-24-2007, 01:35 AM
It was in the 70s section, building number 10. The Big Wheel was right in front of our building,

If you took the elevator, when you came out, you went left til the end, then right and then the first left and we were the corner room...2nd floor..

Did I make your head hurt too?:laughing:

Maybe a little :rotfl:

However, you took an elevator... I DID NOT!

Thus.. not the same room. Hehehe. Gotta love that reasoning! :thumbsup2

Trentmom
05-24-2007, 01:45 AM
Maybe a little :rotfl:

However, you took an elevator... I DID NOT!

Thus.. not the same room. Hehehe. Gotta love that reasoning! :thumbsup2

You too funny....

So, I take it you were on the first floor then....:rotfl:

Piecey
05-24-2007, 01:52 AM
You too funny....

So, I take it you were on the first floor then....:rotfl:

Yep! My brother loved it. He'd just recently started a rubbics cube fetish after Hitch came out, and he was determined to match his to the patterns on the giant ones in the 80s building--conveniently seen from our room! :thumbsup2

Trentmom
05-24-2007, 02:10 AM
Yep! My brother loved it. He'd just recently started a rubbics cube fetish after Hitch came out, and he was determined to match his to the patterns on the giant ones in the 80s building--conveniently seen from our room! :thumbsup2

That is hilarious!!

So, tell me.....was the plumbing loud in your room as well?

Everytime someone would flush, take a shower or just turn on the sink next door, it was so loud and annoying.

When we would flush the toilet, after the loud whoosh, there was his horrible whining noise, where DS would actually cover his ears, it was so loud....

CanadianGuy
05-24-2007, 04:59 AM
trentmom:

THIS thread that you created was featured in part in the DIS podcast this week. They read some excerpts from the first post and other posts throughout the thread. It's worth checking out if you haven't heard it.

Knox

beaniejawa
05-24-2007, 06:16 AM
I see this thread has possessed seven pages worth of people! If that's not a true haunting, I don't know what is.

Will the reign of terror never end?

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

FHS_chick_2005
05-24-2007, 09:34 AM
trentmom:

THIS thread that you created was featured in part in the DIS podcast this week. They read some excerpts from the first post and other posts throughout the thread. It's worth checking out if you haven't heard it.

Knox

i listened to it its cool!!

they even meantioned your name Trentmom!!

Trentmom
05-24-2007, 12:52 PM
trentmom:

Knox

Really???

That is so cool!!!

How do I listen to the podcast?? Is it on here or do I have to go to another site?

Thanks

Trentmom
05-24-2007, 01:45 PM
trentmom:

Knox

I just found it and listened to it.,

That is so cool!!!

Thanks;;;

englishrose47
05-24-2007, 06:50 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Why don't we give the Ghost a name? Com'on you Dissers we can come up with some good ones How about "Popin" cuz he pops in at Pop!!:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Trentmom
05-24-2007, 10:15 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Why don't we give the Ghost a name? Com'on you Dissers we can come up with some good ones How about "Popin" cuz he pops in at Pop!!:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hmmm....going to have to think about that one.....

Since he was in the 70s Building, why don't we call her:

Closet Disco Queen
somebody who is afraid to go out to the clubs and dance but will stay at home and shake it to the disco mucic on their 8 tracks.

englishrose47
05-24-2007, 10:27 PM
:lmao: I like it Closet Disco Queen!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Trentmom
05-24-2007, 10:47 PM
:lmao: I like it Closet Disco Queen!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Cool!!!

I found a site with all terms from the 70s and thought that one was appropriate..

Fo Shizzle....:rotfl2:

LOLA2
05-24-2007, 11:12 PM
A really weird strange thing happened right after we got back from our trip last year. We got home late - and were out cold. I was awakened by a loud constant noise like sssshhhhhhhhhhhhh ongoing. Sort of when you turn the radio to a channel that is not working. I popped up in bed and was scared and just sat there listening. It definately sounded like it was coming from inside my room. My first thought was the vent that something was wrong with heating unit. I got up but started yelling to my DH "Get up, can't you hear that. Well I went to where the vent was by our bedroom door and knelt down well my left ear that was up to the vent did not hear anything but my right ear still heard this loud noise right next to me. Mind you it was completely dark in room. I followed my right ear about a foot found something on the ground and did a loud yelp. I flipped over the object and saw that the little green light was on. I almost layed a brick!! It was the t.v. we had hooked up in the car from the trip. I knew it was there but forgot about it. I hit it really hard and jumped up to turn on the lights. My heart was racing like crazy. It was a t.v that just hangs on the back of a seat, you have to plug it into battery outlet (cigarette lighter) for it to work.
So why in the hey did that thing turn on in the middle of the night super loud and not plugged in. Well my husband can sleep though an earthquake so he very sleepily did not understand what I was talking about but the next day he did find my story rather freaky.

Planogirl
05-24-2007, 11:33 PM
This is very interesting. I haven't read the whole thread but it's possible that someone walking over a part of the floor above or even closing a door could have jostled the bar the hangers were on. I don't know though, that almost sounds like bad construction in such a new building...

How interesting it would be if the newest resort wound up haunted!

Trentmom
05-24-2007, 11:36 PM
A really weird strange thing happened right after we got back from our trip last year. We got home late - and were out cold. I was awakened by a loud constant noise like sssshhhhhhhhhhhhh ongoing. Sort of when you turn the radio to a channel that is not working. I popped up in bed and was scared and just sat there listening. It definately sounded like it was coming from inside my room. My first thought was the vent that something was wrong with heating unit. I got up but started yelling to my DH "Get up, can't you hear that. Well I went to where the vent was by our bedroom door and knelt down well my left ear that was up to the vent did not hear anything but my right ear still heard this loud noise right next to me. Mind you it was completely dark in room. I followed my right ear about a foot found something on the ground and did a loud yelp. I flipped over the object and saw that the little green light was on. I almost layed a brick!! It was the t.v. we had hooked up in the car from the trip. I knew it was there but forgot about it. I hit it really hard and jumped up to turn on the lights. My heart was racing like crazy. It was a t.v that just hangs on the back of a seat, you have to plug it into battery outlet (cigarette lighter) for it to work.
So why in the hey did that thing turn on in the middle of the night super loud and not plugged in. Well my husband can sleep though an earthquake so he very sleepily did not understand what I was talking about but the next day he did find my story rather freaky.

OMG....That is one freaky story!!!

But very cool!!

Thanks for sharing it!!!!

Trentmom
05-24-2007, 11:37 PM
This is very interesting. I haven't read the whole thread but it's possible that someone walking over a part of the floor above or even closing a door could have jostled the bar the hangers were on. I don't know though, that almost sounds like bad construction in such a new building...

How interesting it would be if the newest resort wound up haunted!

The walls are pretty thin, so you can hear people walking above you and it was eerie quiet minus our tv....so, I don't know about that....:confused3

beaniejawa
05-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Here we go. Our ghost 'popped' in from the Bell hotel. See the link and note the coat hanger reference:

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:eOAN7nniskIJ:www.derbycity.com/ghosts/ghost-20.html+haunted+hotel+coat+hanger&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :scared1:

Trentmom
05-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Here we go. Our ghost 'popped' in from the Bell hotel. See the link and note the coat hanger reference:

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:eOAN7nniskIJ:www.derbycity.com/ghosts/ghost-20.html+haunted+hotel+coat+hanger&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :scared1:

That is hilarious!!!

disneydance
05-25-2007, 10:47 PM
yikes and wow

lucas
05-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey All.

Very creepy! :eek:

Bouncing4Tigger
05-27-2007, 07:03 PM
I am a little strange in the fact that thats the room I want :)

Trentmom
05-27-2007, 08:28 PM
I am a little strange in the fact that thats the room I want :)

Not strange at all.....

I love scary stuff as long as there is someone else in the room with me, besides the ghost....:rotfl:

Disneymommom
05-28-2007, 12:30 AM
Oooh......That is scary!!!

I would have wanted to change rooms...

sebastian75_99
05-28-2007, 12:38 AM
great thread. subscribing.

Trentmom
05-28-2007, 12:57 AM
So, does anyone have any other ghost stories at any other resorts they would like to share??

Dzny Nut
05-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Well, here this. The house i live in, it is 71 years old. in the room i stay in, it is haunted. it creaks, and when there is no breeze, my sheet blows. Yet when i was in the POP, noting like that ever happened. It must just be that room!

Trentmom
05-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Well, here this. The house i live in, it is 71 years old. in the room i stay in, it is haunted. it creaks, and when there is no breeze, my sheet blows. Yet when i was in the POP, noting like that ever happened. It must just be that room!

Cool Story!!

Keep thme coming everyone!!!

GOOFY4DONALD
05-28-2007, 04:50 PM
Here is my story. Believe me or not I am just telling you what happened. My friend and I were staying at Hollywood's Roosevelt Hotel, (before they turned it into a Radisson and before it got popular again). We were there for 3 nights. On night number 1 we had gone to bed early as we were planning on going to Universal Studios in the morning. About 3am the phone rang and a woman was yelling and crying in French, I hung it up only to have it ring again with the same woman. I called to the front desk to have a do not disturb on it. No more calls. Night 2 the same woman was calling even after we put another block on the phone. The phone rang through another 5 times. My friend called the front desk and they told us rudly that no one had called through our line. Night 3 there was a very loud party going on in the next room. Again I called the front desk. They sent someone up and sure eough it stopped. After he left we had the same party going on in the next room loud talking laughing and banging on the wall that divided us. I called down stairs again and the same guy came up, opened the empty room next door and told us we were the only ones that were on the 9th floor. He told us that if we didn't like it we shouldn't have requested it. The party continued through the night. We didn't call back downstairs. We had no idea what the bellman was talking about until we got home and read the history of the hotel.

Trentmom
05-28-2007, 09:13 PM
Here is my story. Believe me or not I am just telling you what happened. My friend and I were staying at Hollywood's Roosevelt Hotel, (before they turned it into a Radisson and before it got popular again). We were there for 3 nights. On night number 1 we had gone to bed early as we were planning on going to Universal Studios in the morning. About 3am the phone rang and a woman was yelling and crying in French, I hung it up only to have it ring again with the same woman. I called to the front desk to have a do not disturb on it. No more calls. Night 2 the same woman was calling even after we put another block on the phone. The phone rang through another 5 times. My friend called the front desk and they told us rudly that no one had called through our line. Night 3 there was a very loud party going on in the next room. Again I called the front desk. They sent someone up and sure eough it stopped. After he left we had the same party going on in the next room loud talking laughing and banging on the wall that divided us. I called down stairs again and the same guy came up, opened the empty room next door and told us we were the only ones that were on the 9th floor. He told us that if we didn't like it we shouldn't have requested it. The party continued through the night. We didn't call back downstairs. We had no idea what the bellman was talking about until we got home and read the history of the hotel.

OH WOW!!!

That is scary, but super COOl!!

Thanks for sharing!!!!

Friendly Frog
05-29-2007, 07:33 PM
That sounds awesome.

Do you have any pics you can post>? I would stay there in a heartbeat....:thumbsup2

I loaned my camera to someone but I will try to send you a picture as soon as I get it back. :thumbsup2

Trentmom
05-29-2007, 09:44 PM
I loaned my camera to someone but I will try to send you a picture as soon as I get it back. :thumbsup2

Thankd Friendly Frog.

Look forwarding to see them...:goodvibes

Trentmom
05-29-2007, 11:58 PM
Come on People, it is after midnight, a good time for ghost tales...

Any stories of anything spooky happening at a disney resort or even at your house?

http://aspirantartiste.free.fr/photoblog/images/dancing-with-ghosts.jpg

Friendly Frog
05-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Well, I guess I will stick my neck out here.

When my husband and I bought our first home, we had not been moved in long when one day we came home and could hear music playing in our hallway. We couldn't make out what the music actually was, it was loud and clear enough to be heard but it was sort of nondescript, like elevator music

This was the first of a number of times we came in to be greeted by the music. The music always came from the exact same spot in the house. If you will imagine a H, this is the pattern of the hallways in our home. The top left side of the H was the front door, the bottom left side of the H was our den, and the right side of the H was the hallway that leads to all of the bedrooms. The bar that goes across the H is a doorless, windowless part of the hall... and that is where you always heard the music, nowhere else.

The first time that it happened it was in the middle of the day and we just dismissed it as coming from a neighbors house. We didn't even stop to think that we had not heard it outside when we were walking into the house.

The next time it happened, we were a bit more curious. One step out of the center of the H and you could not hear it. We went outside and no music there. We went back in ...and the music was gone. :confused3

Then one night we came home very late. Tired, my husband and I headed for the bedroom and...MUSIC, we both looked at each other, for some reason this time we were both a little more unnerved. I think it is like all those creaks and sounds that you hear when you are home with someone else, you just dismiss them. Then when you are staying alone and you hear the same sounds, it seems that they really stand out more. I think we both had just dismissed the music we heard during the day as coming from a neighbor, but at this moment we knew that was not what it was. The neighborhood of mostly retirees was absolutely silent when we came it, definitely no music to be heard.

Still, my first thought was to ask my husband to "quick, go outside and see if you can hear anything"...but by the time I said it, I had already changed my mind. " NO! WAIT, I will go outside and you wait here to see if still keeps playing". I was a lot less fearful of going outside alone at 2am that I was of staying in that hall!

I went outside and all was a quite as could be, not a sound. I was even brave and walked around each corner of the house. It was so quite that I bet you could have heard a pin drop down the street.

I walked back in expecting my husband to say that the music had stopped, but there he stood and the music was still there too! He asked me if I could hear anything outside and I told him not a sound, and we looked at each other and slowly walked down the hall towards the bedroom. By the time we reached the end of the hall and turned the corner, the music was gone. It didn't fade away,it always just ended.

For many more years we would often be greeted by the music. It seems strange to say this, but it was actually quite pleasant and after that first night the music never frightened us. At first we speculated if some strange phenomenon cause the house wiring to pick up radio in the hall? We joked at how it had to be a good station cause it never had any commercials. Finally we would just joke that the house was in a good mood when we heard it.

I can't tell you when it stopped, we just one day noticed that it was gone, and honestly we missed it.

Trentmom
05-30-2007, 06:12 PM
Well, I guess I will stick my neck out here.

When my husband and I bought our first home, we had not been moved in long when one day we came home and could hear music playing in our hallway. We couldn't make out what the music actually was, it was loud and clear enough to be heard but it was sort of nondescript, like elevator music

This was the first of a number of times we came in to be greeted by the music. The music always came from the exact same spot in the house. If you will imagine a H, this is the pattern of the hallways in our home. The top left side of the H was the front door, the bottom left side of the H was our den, and the right side of the H was the hallway that leads to all of the bedrooms. The bar that goes across the H is a doorless, windowless part of the hall... and that is where you always heard the music, nowhere else.

The first time that it happened it was in the middle of the day and we just dismissed it as coming from a neighbors house. We didn't even stop to think that we had not heard it outside when we were walking into the house.

The next time it happened, we were a bit more curious. One step out of the center of the H and you could not hear it. We went outside and no music there. We went back in ...and the music was gone. :confused3

Then one night we came home very late. Tired, my husband and I headed for the bedroom and...MUSIC, we both looked at each other, for some reason this time we were both a little more unnerved. I think it is like all those creaks and sounds that you hear when you are home with someone else, you just dismiss them. Then when you are staying alone and you hear the same sounds, it seems that they really stand out more. I think we both had just dismissed the music we heard during the day as coming from a neighbor, but at this moment we knew that was not what it was. The neighborhood of mostly retirees was absolutely silent when we came it, definitely no music to be heard.

Still, my first thought was to ask my husband to "quick, go outside and see if you can hear anything"...but by the time I said it, I had already changed my mind. " NO! WAIT, I will go outside and you wait here to see if still keeps playing". I was a lot less fearful of going outside alone at 2am that I was of staying in that hall!

I went outside and all was a quite as could be, not a sound. I was even brave and walked around each corner of the house. It was so quite that I bet you could have heard a pin drop down the street.

I walked back in expecting my husband to say that the music had stopped, but there he stood and the music was still there too! He asked me if I could hear anything outside and I told him not a sound, and we looked at each other and slowly walked down the hall towards the bedroom. By the time we reached the end of the hall and turned the corner, the music was gone. It didn't fade away,it always just ended.

For many more years we would often be greeted by the music. It seems strange to say this, but it was actually quite pleasant and after that first night the music never frightened us. At first we speculated if some strange phenomenon cause the house wiring to pick up radio in the hall? We joked at how it had to be a good station cause it never had any commercials. Finally we would just joke that the house was in a good mood when we heard it.

I can't tell you when it stopped, we just one day noticed that it was gone, and honestly we missed it.

That was an awesome story!! I love how you were not afraid to go outside at 2am by yourself....:rotfl2:

Thanks for sharing!!!!

Anyone else?

Disneymommom
05-30-2007, 09:58 PM
:cutie: When my son was 2 & 1/2 and my daughter was a newborn, they were both in bed asleep upstairs. My husband and I heard footsteps in our son's room. We thought that little stinker is up. So we went upstairs and he was sound asleep in his room. Obviously it couldn't be our daughter, Trentmom, as she was a newborn baby.
Another evening we were sitting in our living room and our son said, "there she is, there's the white lady." He pointed to the kitchen and we went out there and there was no one there.
Eventually we figured out that the "white lady" and the footsteps in our son's room was my mother. My mother had passed away when I was three. She was buried in a cemetery around the corner from our house that we currently lived in. She must have wanted to see her grandchildren as our son was the only one who could see her and he was never afraid of her. She came a few times, went into the kids' rooms and spent a little time walking around the house seeing us and then poof, she was gone and never seen or heard again. :cloud9:
We were never afraid and felt comforted that my mom came to see us.

Trentmom
05-30-2007, 11:49 PM
:cutie: When my son was 2 & 1/2 and my daughter was a newborn, they were both in bed asleep upstairs. My husband and I heard footsteps in our son's room. We thought that little stinker is up. So we went upstairs and he was sound asleep in his room. Obviously it couldn't be our daughter, Trentmom, as she was a newborn baby.
Another evening we were sitting in our living room and our son said, "there she is, there's the white lady." He pointed to the kitchen and we went out there and there was no one there.
Eventually we figured out that the "white lady" and the footsteps in our son's room was my mother. My mother had passed away when I was three. She was buried in a cemetery around the corner from our house that we currently lived in. She must have wanted to see her grandchildren as our son was the only one who could see her and he was never afraid of her. She came a few times, went into the kids' rooms and spent a little time walking around the house seeing us and then poof, she was gone and never seen or heard again. :cloud9:

Thanks Mom for sharing that tale!!!:love:

Torontogal
05-31-2007, 07:09 PM
subscribing...

Poohsmommi
05-31-2007, 08:08 PM
When I was first married, my ex-husband and I lived in an apartment. We had a cat, and the cat would act strange sometimes. She would run thru the apartment like she was chasing something; other times she would look up at the ceiling and meow, or she would take her paw and "bat" it at some invisible thing. This is where it gets really freaky now .... We were standing in the kitchen, and I turned to my husband and said "there is a ghost in this apartment" and he said "oh there is not. That cat is just crazy". Right after he said it, the salt shaker went flying off of the DINING ROOM table, which was in the room directly across from us, and onto the floor. It wasn't the cat because I was holding the cat, and no one else lived with us. At that point, I grabbed my camera and just started taking pictures. Anyway, my husband kept his mouth shut from that point on, but when I got the pictures developed, most of them were just walls and pictures of the apartment and such, but 1 picture had something wierd in it. It looked like the wall had peeled away and there were "layers" ... I don't know how else to describe it. It was strange though. Anyway, we'd get up in the morning, and cabinet doors would be open, or keys would be moved - stuff like that. Nothing bad ever happened, just silly stuff like that. Eventually I'd start talking to "it" ... asking it how its day was. I know, I'm nuts. We only stayed there until our lease was up and then we moved.

Trentmom
05-31-2007, 09:42 PM
When I was first married, my ex-husband and I lived in an apartment. We had a cat, and the cat would act strange sometimes. She would run thru the apartment like she was chasing something; other times she would look up at the ceiling and meow, or she would take her paw and "bat" it at some invisible thing. This is where it gets really freaky now .... We were standing in the kitchen, and I turned to my husband and said "there is a ghost in this apartment" and he said "oh there is not. That cat is just crazy". Right after he said it, the salt shaker went flying off of the DINING ROOM table, which was in the room directly across from us, and onto the floor. It wasn't the cat because I was holding the cat, and no one else lived with us. At that point, I grabbed my camera and just started taking pictures. Anyway, my husband kept his mouth shut from that point on, but when I got the pictures developed, most of them were just walls and pictures of the apartment and such, but 1 picture had something wierd in it. It looked like the wall had peeled away and there were "layers" ... I don't know how else to describe it. It was strange though. Anyway, we'd get up in the morning, and cabinet doors would be open, or keys would be moved - stuff like that. Nothing bad ever happened, just silly stuff like that. Eventually I'd start talking to "it" ... asking it how its day was. I know, I'm nuts. We only stayed there until our lease was up and then we moved.

Very Cool Story.

Thanks for sharing!!!!

FHS_chick_2005
05-31-2007, 10:39 PM
alright here is something just unexplainable... when ever I am at my fiances house his dogs always look off into space around the living room.. like they are looking up at someone.. and they have thier ears perked up and the hair on their back is usually raised but they never bark at it... but they are the kind of dogs that if the wind blows loud outside they bark. :confused3

FHS_chick_2005
05-31-2007, 10:40 PM

:rotfl: I would talk to "it" too!!! hey if you cant beat it join it.. makes living there easier!

Trentmom
05-31-2007, 10:58 PM
alright here is something just unexplainable... when ever I am at my fiances house his dogs always look off into space around the living room.. like they are looking up at someone.. and they have thier ears perked up and the hair on their back is usually raised but they never bark at it... but they are the kind of dogs that if the wind blows loud outside they bark. :confused3

Creepy.......

:scared1:

Poohsmommi
06-01-2007, 07:51 AM
:rotfl: I would talk to "it" too!!! hey if you cant beat it join it.. makes living there easier!

My thoughts exactly! I'd rather have it like me than not like me :rotfl:

Ana~n~Joseph
06-01-2007, 10:29 AM
I love this thread! :lmao:

CouchFamily1998
06-01-2007, 11:27 AM

My daughter was born a few years after my Dad died. She is the only grandchild he never met and is named after him. When she was a baby and young toddler she would laugh and giggle like someone was playing with her when nobody was around her. Just laugh and laugh at a blank wall.:confused3 I always joked it was Grandpa playing with her. When she was barely able to talk she pointed to a picture of my Dad in his army uniform and said Grandpa. Nobody remembers ever pointing him out in pictures and plus Dad was the photographer so there were very few pictures of him anyway. The only out was one of us as a family but was taken in his 60's. Didn't look anything like the young man in an army uniform. Especially not to an 18 month old.

Also my cousin and her husband were very close to my parents. Both farmers, kids the same age etc. When he was dying a couple of years ago his wife said he would carry on conversations with my Dad who he said was sent to help my cousin cross over. These were not drug induced hallucinations, the witnesses said it was lucid conversations with my Dad, just cousin Norman could see and hear him. Hospice said that was actually pretty common.

Always told my DD that Grandpa was her guardian angel. When she was 2 we were hit by a drunk driver. Her door was that only side of the car that was not smashed in, not even a scratch. Before and after was all crushed as she hit, bounced off and hit again. Luckily the drunk hit by the wheel shoving it into the engine. I can not bear to think if it did that to a wheel what it would have done to her little car seat. Anyway the wierd thing was when we were cleaning out the car I found a metal casino token under her seat. My Dad was a casino shuttle bus driver when he died. I had taken the token from his tip jar and carried it as a momento. No idea how that got from my purse in the front seat to under her car seat! :confused3

Hobbes
06-01-2007, 11:48 AM
My daughter was born a few years after my Dad died. She is the only grandchild he never met and is named after him.

You called your daughter "Dad"?:rotfl2:

Sorry, couldn't resist:guilty:

Trentmom
06-01-2007, 12:19 PM
My daughter was born a few years after my Dad died. She is the only grandchild he never met and is named after him. When she was a baby and young toddler she would laugh and giggle like someone was playing with her when nobody was around her. Just laugh and laugh at a blank wall.:confused3 I always joked it was Grandpa playing with her. When she was barely able to talk she pointed to a picture of my Dad in his army uniform and said Grandpa. Nobody remembers ever pointing him out in pictures and plus Dad was the photographer so there were very few pictures of him anyway. The only out was one of us as a family but was taken in his 60's. Didn't look anything like the young man in an army uniform. Especially not to an 18 month old.

Also my cousin and her husband were very close to my parents. Both farmers, kids the same age etc. When he was dying a couple of years ago his wife said he would carry on conversations with my Dad who he said was sent to help my cousin cross over. These were not drug induced hallucinations, the witnesses said it was lucid conversations with my Dad, just cousin Norman could see and hear him. Hospice said that was actually pretty common.

Always told my DD that Grandpa was her guardian angel. When she was 2 we were hit by a drunk driver. Her door was that only side of the car that was not smashed in, not even a scratch. Before and after was all crushed as she hit, bounced off and hit again. Luckily the drunk hit by the wheel shoving it into the engine. I can not bear to think if it did that to a wheel what it would have done to her little car seat. Anyway the wierd thing was when we were cleaning out the car I found a metal casino token under her seat. My Dad was a casino shuttle bus driver when he died. I had taken the token from his tip jar and carried it as a momento. No idea how that got from my purse in the front seat to under her car seat! :confused3

Wow...what an awesome story. That is so heartwarming.

It reminds me of a story you might see on that show Ghost Whisperer....

Thanks for sharing...:goodvibes

Trentmom
06-01-2007, 12:20 PM
I love this thread! :lmao:

Thank You....:goodvibes

Disneymommom
06-01-2007, 03:42 PM
These stories about grandparents coming back to be with the grandbabies warms my heart. I hope one day (a long, long time from now) to come back and visit Trentmom and Trent. It's a good feeling to think you can come back to your family and enjoy them in some form.:love:

Trentmom
06-01-2007, 06:06 PM
These stories about grandparents coming back to be with the grandbabies warms my heart. I hope one day (a long, long time from now) to come back and visit Trentmom and Trent. It's a good feeling to think you can come back to your family and enjoy them in some form.:love:

awwwwwwwwwwwwww...:love:

Disneymommom
06-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Honey, always be on your guard once I'm "gone" LOL. Remember Mom will be watching you! :scared1:

cindyfan
06-01-2007, 08:49 PM
These stories are so awesome!!!
that is why I love shows like "Ghost Wisperer" and "Medium"

Trentmom
06-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Honey, always be on your guard once I'm "gone" LOL. Remember Mom will be watching you! :scared1:

You Hilarious!!! :rotfl2:

Ana~n~Joseph
06-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Anymore stories? I'm dying to hear some more :scared1:

Trentmom
06-02-2007, 12:44 AM
Anymore stories? I'm dying to hear some more :scared1:

I was just in the kitchen getting DS some milk, and he likes it warm, so I microwaved it for him. When, I was done, I turned to leave the kitchen and a shadow zipped by real quick

Ds was in bed and I could see him, so it wasn;t him

Very strange....:confused3

Disneymommom
06-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Told you to always be on your guard, lol, maybe it was good old Mom watching you, hahaha :laughing:

fla4fun
06-02-2007, 03:36 PM
When I was 5 years old, we moved into a house that was only a couple years old, but was on the edge of the city (this was in Ohio) where there hadn't been a lot of development. The whole time we lived in that house, I hated being in the basement alone. There was a light switch at the top of the steps, which I would turn on before going downstairs, and I would literally run from the bottom of the steps to the downstairs light switches. We had our laundry room, family room, and playroom down there, and I just felt creepy when I was alone.

Well, flash forward a few years. The family decides to move to Florida right after my high school graduation. We get all settled in our new home, and Mom tells me about an experience she had in our Ohio house, not long after we moved in. She said she was doing laundry and felt something warm in the room. When she turned around, there was a man standing behind her, wearing a suit styled like the 1920's-30's. She said he looked as surprised as she did. As soon as she tried to speak, he disappeared into thin air. She never saw him again. I was very glad she didn't tell me while we lived there.

Trentmom
06-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Told you to always be on your guard, lol, maybe it was good old Mom watching you, hahaha :laughing:

What did you have an out of body experience and your spirit came to scare me?

Trentmom
06-02-2007, 04:23 PM
When I was 5 years old, we moved into a house that was only a couple years old, but was on the edge of the city (this was in Ohio) where there hadn't been a lot of development. The whole time we lived in that house, I hated being in the basement alone. There was a light switch at the top of the steps, which I would turn on before going downstairs, and I would literally run from the bottom of the steps to the downstairs light switches. We had our laundry room, family room, and playroom down there, and I just felt creepy when I was alone.

Well, flash forward a few years. The family decides to move to Florida right after my high school graduation. We get all settled in our new home, and Mom tells me about an experience she had in our Ohio house, not long after we moved in. She said she was doing laundry and felt something warm in the room. When she turned around, there was a man standing behind her, wearing a suit styled like the 1920's-30's. She said he looked as surprised as she did. As soon as she tried to speak, he disappeared into thin air. She never saw him again. I was very glad she didn't tell me while we lived there.

Creepy...:scared1:

Good thing your mom never told you when you still lived there, or you would have never gone down the basement....

k5thbeatle
06-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Ok, since this has sort evolved into creepy stories...long story short...

I got my nickname from my fascination and subsequent knowledge of the Fab 4...The Beatles for those who might not know. At one time at the height of my "knowledge" of them I would defy anyone to stump me on any trivia, no matter how obscure or trivial.

So...at the time I am in college. I am in my algebra class. It is Monday morning, 10:00a.m.. I pretty much kept to myself not befriending anyone in particular in this class but this morning I cannot help but overhear what I believe is a conversation between two students with particular significance to me. What I heard was a discussion on the death of John Lennon. No details on how but just the shock of his death. Now I had been in classes since 8 so I had no access to news. My best friend at the time did not have a class until 1 p.m. (which was a class I was in) and so I anxiously awaited to see him figuring that he would have certainly heard the news of Lennon's death?

I can't concentrate the rest of the morning. I only think of the circumstances and validity of the death of John Lennon? Finally I see my friend and ask about news of his death? He looks perplexed? No news of his death and he had been listening to our favorite rock music station all morning. Afterall, he laughs..."What would John Lennon die from? A drug overdose?" I was relieved and had a good laugh myself and forgot about the whole thing. Oh, the precise date...Monday December 8th, 1980.

For those that do not know the rest of the story...he was killed that same evening.

When I saw my friend the next day...we didn't know what to say? We both were perplexed by my seemingly "early news" of his death???

I cannot explain this to this day but to say I was 100% positive that what I heard that morning was a converstion regarding the death of John Lennon. No doubt about it! Later, I got the nerve to approach these two students regarding their conversation and what I heard. At first they were looking at me like I was some kind of nut (I admit I was embarrassed myself to even bring it up). But when I explained they were amazed but still perplexed. Not only were they NOT discussing his death (how could they, he was not dead at that time), but they were not discussing anything remotely associated to death? As best they could recall they were talking about our upcoming finals and what exactly might be on the test? No discussion on any deaths...let alone John Lennon???

I cannot explain this but to this day what I heard was a discussion on the death of John Lennon...several hours before his actual death?:confused3

Trentmom
06-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Ok, since this has sort evolved into creepy stories...long story short...

I got my nickname from my fascination and subsequent knowledge of the Fab 4...The Beatles for those who might not know. At one time at the height of my "knowledge" of them I would defy anyone to stump me on any trivia, no matter how obscure or trivial.

So...at the time I am in college. I am in my algebra class. It is Monday morning, 10:00a.m.. I pretty much kept to myself not befriending anyone in particular in this class but this morning I cannot help but overhear what I believe is a conversation between two students with particular significance to me. What I heard was a discussion on the death of John Lennon. No details on how but just the shock of his death. Now I had been in classes since 8 so I had no access to news. My best friend at the time did not have a class until 1 p.m. (which was a class I was in) and so I anxiously awaited to see him figuring that he would have certainly heard the news of Lennon's death?

I can't concentrate the rest of the morning. I only think of the circumstances and validity of the death of John Lennon? Finally I see my friend and ask about news of his death? He looks perplexed? No news of his death and he had been listening to our favorite rock music station all morning. Afterall, he laughs..."What would John Lennon die from? A drug overdose?" I was relieved and had a good laugh myself and forgot about the whole thing. Oh, the precise date...Monday December 8th, 1980.

For those that do not know the rest of the story...he was killed that same evening.

When I saw my friend the next day...we didn't know what to say? We both were perplexed by my seemingly "early news" of his death???

I cannot explain this to this day but to say I was 100% positive that what I heard that morning was a converstion regarding the death of John Lennon. No doubt about it! Later, I got the nerve to approach these two students regarding their conversation and what I heard. At first they were looking at me like I was some kind of nut (I admit I was embarrassed myself to even bring it up). But when I explained they were amazed but still perplexed. Not only were they not discussing his death (how could they, he was not dead at that time), but they were not discussing anything remotely associated to death? As best they could recall they were talking about our upcoming finals and what exactly might be on the test. No discussion on any deaths...let alone John Lennon???

I cannot explain this but to this day what I heard was a discussion on the death of John Lennon...several hours before his actual death?:confused3

WOW...very creepy.

Sounds like you might have some psychic abilites....very cool:thumbsup2

englishrose47
06-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Okay here goes Mom Also known as Psychic Clara was watching the TV with myself, Dad and a couple of others . It wasthe Historuic return to earth of the first Rocket ship with John Glen (I believe) As it entered the atmosphere they lost contact, which later was a given but remember this was the first. The newscasters were all in adither as was Nassa1 All of a sudden Mom leaps up her face bright red and sweat ouring down, she runs to the sink and starts furiously splashing water on her self saying " He's burning Up" Then just as suddenly she announces " Thank God he's alright" 2 seconds later the newscasters announce Contact has been re established he's okay but the ship was burning up with heat!! Mom believes she was thinking of his family and how they felt and picked up what he was going thru . Strang Huh but true I still remember it like it was yesterday!!

FHS_chick_2005
06-02-2007, 11:26 PM
I was just in the kitchen getting DS some milk, and he likes it warm, so I microwaved it for him. When, I was done, I turned to leave the kitchen and a shadow zipped by real quick

Ds was in bed and I could see him, so it wasn;t him

Very strange....:confused3

did you check the bushes.. :rotfl:

I was there...........

Trentmom
06-02-2007, 11:37 PM
did you check the bushes.. :rotfl:

I was there...........

Hey....you stalking me?

Is that to get me back for stalking your sis?/

Trentmom
06-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Okay here goes Mom Also known as Psychic Clara was watching the TV with myself, Dad and a couple of others . It wasthe Historuic return to earth of the first Rocket ship with John Glen (I believe) As it entered the atmosphere they lost contact, which later was a given but remember this was the first. The newscasters were all in adither as was Nassa1 All of a sudden Mom leaps up her face bright red and sweat ouring down, she runs to the sink and starts furiously splashing water on her self saying " He's burning Up" Then just as suddenly she announces " Thank God he's alright" 2 seconds later the newscasters announce Contact has been re established he's okay but the ship was burning up with heat!! Mom believes she was thinking of his family and how they felt and picked up what he was going thru . Strang Huh but true I still remember it like it was yesterday!!

Wow...that must have been very eerie...

disnut1149
06-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Hi
I just got done reading everything and I have a few stories also. Two years ago, the week before Christmas, my DD's and I decided to bake cookies. My DH had been bugging us for weeks to make him some. After we let some cool and we were going to put them in some canisters, my DD said "look, there are Christmas cookies in here already". Those cookies were about 2 years old and they were all broken up in crumbs. The top ones were not broken. There were all different types. I know I'm not the best housekeeper, but no way were those cookies in that canister on my counter for 2 years. I had just washed the canister a few weeks before to wash out cracker crumbs from crackers that I usually keep in there. Also, I never mix my different types of cookies. My DH's mother had passed away the year before and my DH thinks that it was his mom that put the cookies in there. She always babied him, and probably wanted him to have his cookies.
Another time, recently at my house, my tv turned on by itself and then the channel turned to a different station.
I have a lot of spoons in my house, and we don't know where they all come from. I started off with about 8 and I must have 20, different patterns.
Also, my beloved dog, Jock, passed away, and my DH and I have heard him bark. My DH didn't know that I heard him and I didn't know that he's heard him. I live in a crazy house!! Nothing has happened recently. I think I stayed in the room that the OP stayed in. I was on a girl's only trip and I'm pretty sure that was our room. I'm going to look it up tomorrow and I'll post back if it is the one we stayed in. Maybe my ghost loved DW so much that it decided to stay in that room and not come home with me.:goodvibes

Trentmom
06-03-2007, 01:09 AM
Hi
I just got done reading everything and I have a few stories also. Two years ago, the week before Christmas, my DD's and I decided to bake cookies. My DH had been bugging us for weeks to make him some. After we let some cool and we were going to put them in some canisters, my DD said "look, there are Christmas cookies in here already". Those cookies were about 2 years old and they were all broken up in crumbs. The top ones were not broken. There were all different types. I know I'm not the best housekeeper, but no way were those cookies in that canister on my counter for 2 years. I had just washed the canister a few weeks before to wash out cracker crumbs from crackers that I usually keep in there. Also, I never mix my different types of cookies. My DH's mother had passed away the year before and my DH thinks that it was his mom that put the cookies in there. She always babied him, and probably wanted him to have his cookies.
Another time, recently at my house, my tv turned on by itself and then the channel turned to a different station.
I have a lot of spoons in my house, and we don't know where they all come from. I started off with about 8 and I must have 20, different patterns.
Also, my beloved dog, Jock, passed away, and my DH and I have heard him bark. My DH didn't know that I heard him and I didn't know that he's heard him. I live in a crazy house!! Nothing has happened recently. I think I stayed in the room that the OP stayed in. I was on a girl's only trip and I'm pretty sure that was our room. I'm going to look it up tomorrow and I'll post back if it is the one we stayed in. Maybe my ghost loved DW so much that it decided to stay in that room and not come home with me.:goodvibes

Wow...you sure have had some crazy stuff happen to you...

That would be too funny if we did stay in the same room..

can;t wait to hear!!!

Thanks for Posting...:goodvibes

disnut1149
06-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Hi Trentmom,
I can't find the paper that I know I have somewhere with the room written down on it, but I'm allmost positive that was the same room that we stayed in. I'll ask my girlfriend to see if she remembers. I did think of one more wierd thing that happened to my family. My DH and DS went to a Notre Dame football game in Indiana. My son had a favorite pair of shorts on in the hotel. He went to change for the game and when he came back to the room, he couldn't find his shorts. The maid had been in the room, since it was all cleaned. So my DH and DS looked all over the room for them, but couldn't find them. When they got home, my DS came down the steps with a look of disbelief on his face. Here, his shorts were on his bed!!! So I guess the ghost does travel. It wanted to see a Notre Dame football game and it wanted to see DW!!!

Trentmom
06-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Hi Trentmom,
I can't find the paper that I know I have somewhere with the room written down on it, but I'm allmost positive that was the same room that we stayed in. I'll ask my girlfriend to see if she remembers. I did think of one more wierd thing that happened to my family. My DH and DS went to a Notre Dame football game in Indiana. My son had a favorite pair of shorts on in the hotel. He went to change for the game and when he came back to the room, he couldn't find his shorts. The maid had been in the room, since it was all cleaned. So my DH and DS looked all over the room for them, but couldn't find them. When they got home, my DS came down the steps with a look of disbelief on his face. Here, his shorts were on his bed!!! So I guess the ghost does travel. It wanted to see a Notre Dame football game and it wanted to see DW!!!

I be curisou to know if it is the same room.

How creepy with your son's short.

I guess your ghost likes to travel!!!

Trentmom
06-05-2007, 01:06 AM
Hey Disnut....did you ask your friend if she remembers the room number? :goodvibes

Plus, wanted to give this thread a bump...love ghost stories...

Thanks..

FHS_chick_2005
06-05-2007, 01:10 AM
hmm.. strange.. I just had a bottle on my desk fly over and hit the door.. and I dont have my fan on and the window is shut.. and if dad turned the AC on it would go the other way... plus its full :confused3

Trentmom
06-05-2007, 01:14 AM
hmm.. strange.. I just had a bottle on my desk fly over and hit the door.. and I dont have my fan on and the window is shut.. and if dad turned the AC on it would go the other way... plus its full :confused3

I channeled the ghost from my room at Pop and sent him to viisit you....:rotfl2:

FHS_chick_2005
06-05-2007, 01:19 AM
I channeled the ghost from my room at Pop and sent him to viisit you....:rotfl2:

sweet... would you like me to send him a message?? come to think of it.. my hangers were kinda dancing.. I KNOW WHy they were tho.. my brother was moving things around in his closet that shares the wall with mine! but I did have to ask him if me was!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Deja Vu!

Trentmom
06-09-2007, 01:05 PM
BOO!!!!

Just wanted to give this thread a little bump...;)

lady9
06-09-2007, 03:41 PM
I was 7 months pregnant when my favorite great aunt died rather suddenly. She never married or had children. She was so thrilled when my DH and I announced we were expecting. I took her to church every Saturday and afterward we would have dinner. She loved to touch my belly and feel the baby move. Naturally I was so upset when she died before she could meet and hold our son. My aunt died on a Tuesday at 2:29pm. I went into labor 10 weeks later on a Monday. It was a long labor. On Tuesday about 1:00pm the doctor thought I should have a C-section. The baby was doing well but I had been pushing for 2 hours. I begged not have a C-section. At 2:00 he said I could go 1/2 hour longer but that was it and he told the nurse to get ready for a C-section. On my last try to deliver him, the doctor was not in scrubs, no instrument tray was ready, and the warmer had not been turned on, and I finally gave birth to him. His official time of birth? 2:29pm-exactly 10 weeks to the minute from when my aunt died.

DznyDreams
06-09-2007, 04:10 PM
This is a really cool thread. Love ghost stories - I even watch Ghost Hunters on SciFi. :)

I have a story, but it is more of a guardian angel story than a ghost story. This event took place when my daughter was approximately 18 months old. She and I were playing in the floor of our living room when DH arrived home from work. Just about an hour earlier I had placed a casserole in the oven for dinner, and it was time to check on it.

Before leaving DD alone in the living room, I popped her favorite video into the VCR (a Barney video). As usual she was completely engrossed within seconds, so I went into the next room to check on dinner. My plan was to return promptly to sit with DD, but just as I was closing the oven door, DH enters the kitchen and begins discussing his day at work.

No more than 2 or 3 minutes could have possibly passed when both DH and I looked simultaneously toward our bedroom door.

He said, "I wonder what that little squirt is up to?"

Knowing full well that he was referring to our daughter, and since I had just witnessed the same event, I replied, "I have no idea, but we had better go see."

We walked into our bedroom fully expecting to find our little one involved in her favorite pastime of scooting around in Daddy’s shoes, or possibly digging around in a box of his ball caps. To our surprise, she was nowhere to be found! By the looks on our faces, we each knew the other was quite puzzled.

DH said, “Didn’t you just see her in here?”

“Yes, I did. She walked right around the end of the bed here.”

“Exactly!” said DH.

I immediately turned back and walked into the living room only to find that DD was not in sight. I noticed that our guest bedroom door, which is on the opposite end of the house from our bedroom and is always shut, was now ajar. A lump came into my throat because I knew there were things in there that she didn’t need to find. I had just decided a day or two earlier that I needed to purchase one of those safety covers that prevents a toddler from opening doors. Unfortunately, I had failed to make it to the store to pick one up.

DH and I hurriedly walked toward the door and once inside we discovered the whereabouts of DD. She was sitting at the foot of the bed with a mouthful of tiny plastic game pieces from one of our pre-baby travel games! This game was inside a heavy dresser drawer that to this very day I still do not know how she opened by her tiny little self, but she did it by golly! She could have choked while DH and I were discussing his so-called “horrible day at work.”

Needless to say, the day didn’t seem quite so horrible considering what could have happened if it had not been for our daughter’s little guardian angel.

(Oh…and it also goes without saying that the child safety doorknob cover was purchased the very next morning.)

Trentmom
06-09-2007, 07:54 PM
This is a really cool thread. Love ghost stories - I even watch Ghost Hunters on SciFi. :)

I have a story, but it is more of a guardian angel story than a ghost story. This event took place when my daughter was approximately 18 months old. She and I were playing in the floor of our living room when DH arrived home from work. Just about an hour earlier I had placed a casserole in the oven for dinner, and it was time to check on it.

Before leaving DD alone in the living room, I popped her favorite video into the VCR (a Barney video). As usual she was completely engrossed within seconds, so I went into the next room to check on dinner. My plan was to return promptly to sit with DD, but just as I was closing the oven door, DH enters the kitchen and begins discussing his day at work.

No more than 2 or 3 minutes could have possibly passed when both DH and I looked simultaneously toward our bedroom door.

He said, "I wonder what that little squirt is up to?"

Knowing full well that he was referring to our daughter, and since I had just witnessed the same event, I replied, "I have no idea, but we had better go see."

We walked into our bedroom fully expecting to find our little one involved in her favorite pastime of scooting around in Daddy’s shoes, or possibly digging around in a box of his ball caps. To our surprise, she was nowhere to be found! By the looks on our faces, we each knew the other was quite puzzled.

DH said, “Didn’t you just see her in here?”

“Yes, I did. She walked right around the end of the bed here.”

“Exactly!” said DH.

I immediately turned back and walked into the living room only to find that DD was not in sight. I noticed that our guest bedroom door, which is on the opposite end of the house from our bedroom and is always shut, was now ajar. A lump came into my throat because I knew there were things in there that she didn’t need to find. I had just decided a day or two earlier that I needed to purchase one of those safety covers that prevents a toddler from opening doors. Unfortunately, I had failed to make it to the store to pick one up.

DH and I hurriedly walked toward the door and once inside we discovered the whereabouts of DD. She was sitting at the foot of the bed with a mouthful of tiny plastic game pieces from one of our pre-baby travel games! This game was inside a heavy dresser drawer that to this very day I still do not know how she opened by her tiny little self, but she did it by golly! She could have choked while DH and I were discussing his so-called “horrible day at work.”

Needless to say, the day didn’t seem quite so horrible considering what could have happened if it had not been for our daughter’s little guardian angel.

(Oh…and it also goes without saying that the child safety doorknob cover was purchased the very next morning.)

Wow...that is scary......

I am so glad your little one was okay and "someone" was watching over her....:goodvibes

Trentmom
06-09-2007, 07:55 PM
I was 7 months pregnant when my favorite great aunt died rather suddenly. She never married or had children. She was so thrilled when my DH and I announced we were expecting. I took her to church every Saturday and afterward we would have dinner. She loved to touch my belly and feel the baby move. Naturally I was so upset when she died before she could meet and hold our son. My aunt died on a Tuesday at 2:29pm. I went into labor 10 weeks later on a Monday. It was a long labor. On Tuesday about 1:00pm the doctor thought I should have a C-section. The baby was doing well but I had been pushing for 2 hours. I begged not have a C-section. At 2:00 he said I could go 1/2 hour longer but that was it and he told the nurse to get ready for a C-section. On my last try to deliver him, the doctor was not in scrubs, no instrument tray was ready, and the warmer had not been turned on, and I finally gave birth to him. His official time of birth? 2:29pm-exactly 10 weeks to the minute from when my aunt died.

Wow..that is Eerie..

I guess that was a sign of showing that even though your aunt was not there during the birth of your baby, she was there in spirit....:goodvibes

faindrops27
06-09-2007, 08:03 PM
I had a few experiences at my house growing up, so I was used to it..

My house was very old!!!

Ok, so this sums it all up right there. The ghost or spirits, that you encountered in your house growing up took came to visit you in your room at the POP. So, I would figure once you left the spirit did too.

Chloesmom
06-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Oh.. I had to share my ghost story. It actually lasts about 5 years while I lived in my last house. We moved into this 120 year old house in the historic district when DD was just one year old. The first night we were there I was awakened by a child calling " mama". I woke up and started into DDs room but stopped short when I realized that DD did not talk that clearly yet. I went on into her room and she was fast asleep. It happened agian the next night and I told my husband about it and he pretty much laughed at me. a few nights went by and I was awakened in the middle of the night by being shook and told to wake up. I woke up only to see a man sitting on the edge of my bed telling me wake up.. that it was very important. As soon as I was up her faded away and that was it. This went on every night for 5 years. The only times it did not happen were when my DD was either not at home or if I was sleeping with her. We later found out that a small child died there in the middle of the night in 1900. One lady told us that the child choked and another person at the historical society told us that he was murdered by his nanny. So... my Dd would sit in her high chair and she would lean far out of it and stare at our stairs and wave and say " bye bye big man". She also talked about the mean lady in the basement. I saw the " big man" several times aside from at night when he woke me up. He would be in the kitchen and just fade away. I never saw the lady but I hated to be in our basement. It made me sick and nervous. I would also see a dark haired girl about ten years old standing on our front porch staring into our front door. She really reminded me of the ring girl so I ignored her completely and never acknowledged her. I would talk to the man though and tried to find out why we woke me up . One night I asked him why I needed to wake up and he just stared at me and shook his head and got up and walked away. Several times I would wake up and see this green mist floating across my ceiling. I would just watch it and it would go away slowly. I tried to wake my husband up so he could see but he refused to look. One night he did yell at me to get off of the blankets and called me a blanket thief. I was taking a bath because I had a back ache and was not in bed but when I came in there was the inprint of a butt on the comforter and he was trying to pull the blankets out from under it. The look on his face when he realized it was not me was priceless. He never admitted that he experienced anything though.

Trentmom
06-10-2007, 01:22 AM
Oh.. I had to share my ghost story. It actually lasts about 5 years while I lived in my last house. We moved into this 120 year old house in the historic district when DD was just one year old. The first night we were there I was awakened by a child calling " mama". I woke up and started into DDs room but stopped short when I realized that DD did not talk that clearly yet. I went on into her room and she was fast asleep. It happened agian the next night and I told my husband about it and he pretty much laughed at me. a few nights went by and I was awakened in the middle of the night by being shook and told to wake up. I woke up only to see a man sitting on the edge of my bed telling me wake up.. that it was very important. As soon as I was up her faded away and that was it. This went on every night for 5 years. The only times it did not happen were when my DD was either not at home or if I was sleeping with her. We later found out that a small child died there in the middle of the night in 1900. One lady told us that the child choked and another person at the historical society told us that he was murdered by his nanny. So... my Dd would sit in her high chair and she would lean far out of it and stare at our stairs and wave and say " bye bye big man". She also talked about the mean lady in the basement. I saw the " big man" several times aside from at night when he woke me up. He would be in the kitchen and just fade away. I never saw the lady but I hated to be in our basement. It made me sick and nervous. I would also see a dark haired girl about ten years old standing on our front porch staring into our front door. She really reminded me of the ring girl so I ignored her completely and never acknowledged her. I would talk to the man though and tried to find out why we woke me up . One night I asked him why I needed to wake up and he just stared at me and shook his head and got up and walked away. Several times I would wake up and see this green mist floating across my ceiling. I would just watch it and it would go away slowly. I tried to wake my husband up so he could see but he refused to look. One night he did yell at me to get off of the blankets and called me a blanket thief. I was taking a bath because I had a back ache and was not in bed but when I came in there was the inprint of a butt on the comforter and he was trying to pull the blankets out from under it. The look on his face when he realized it was not me was priceless. He never admitted that he experienced anything though.

Oh man...that sound scary!!! :scared1:

I never would have lasted 5 years........

DznyDreams
06-10-2007, 06:29 AM

Holy cow! :eek: I definitely would not have survived 5 years of that! :scared: You are a much braver soul than I.

Chloesmom
06-11-2007, 12:28 AM
The only thing that bothered me was lack of sleep. I never got a full night sleep until my husband moved out and I started letting DD sleep with me.. the man would not wake me up then.
Something else interesting is that I moved out in 2004 and there was some water damage to the house that winter while it sat waiting to sell. Workers went in to repair it one day and they got so freaked out they refused to go back. I dont know what happened because by then insurance had taken it over but the adjuster called to ask me if I knew why they would refuse to go back. When I told him he did not believe me but the house still sits empty and unrepaired to this day. I drive by it everyday. Its listed for about $60000 less than what it is worth and no one even looks at it. It was in my ex's name and he let it get forclosed on so I dont really care if it sits empty or not but it is interesting. I ran into the neighbor about a year ago and she told me that soemone was living there because the lights would be on at night but she never sees anyone there or even a car. The electricity was turned off when the water damage happened because it affected the wiring in the attic. there is even a notice posted in the window stating that the electricty is turned off and why and that the house has been winterized also. < insert creepy music here>

SPJammer
06-11-2007, 01:50 AM
Got one for you all. It was 1994 and I, my DW (fiance at the time), and our three kids move to Benton Harbor, MI. My wife's older brother and his family are living in a small home on a corn farm at the time and we ended up staying with them for about two months while we were waiting for our rental to become availabe. My brother-in-law and his wife have three chidren of thier own and they were telling us about how cool the house was because it was haunted. They would wake up at night and see a man standing in the door way watching over them or he would be next to the bed as if checking in on them. Some times things would move, like a toy left laying the middle of the floor would be found the next morning in it's proper place or a night light would be found on even though it was off when they fell asleep.

Of course, I thought it was all a joke, child's tales. Well one night my wife and I are asleep in one of the rooms with our two youngest (2 and 6 month) and my wife rolls over and tells me to quit playing with the music box. I tell her I'm not playing with anything, she's just dreaming, go back to sleep. Then I hear it. I get up, flip on the light and the music stops. On a book shelf sits this object (sorry can't quite recall exactly what it was) that plays music only when you pick it up. It sat there on the shelf in an up right position so there was no way it should have been playing music. I picked it up and inspected it and it seemed to be working fine. I put it back, turned off the light and a minute later it started playing again. This time I didn't even bother with the light, I just went straight for the music box but by the time I got near it, it stopped. The next night it was just the two of us and we heard nothing. The third night, the kids were with us and again, the music started playing. Seemed to only happen when the kids were with us but not every time.

Jump ahead two weeks. I just started a job at a company that makes cardboard boxes. I am working on this one machine with a lovely lady who is in her early 70's. So we get to chatting and she notices my southern accent and asks what I am doing way up here. So I explain everything to her and I start talking about the things my nephew and nieces were telling me about the house. She looks at me and her face is white and she has tears starting to swell up in her eyes. She asks me if the house is on such and such street and if it sits at the end of a long dirt road. I tell her yes and the tears start streaming down her face. Turns out a few years back she lived in that same house with her husband. A janitor in the Benton Harbor school district for about 30 years or so. She told me that he walked into the house one day and fell over from heart attack. He died in the ambulance as it sat in the driveway.

She looks up at me and asks me to "tell the children that Harold will not harm them. He loved children so much, that's why he was a janitor for so long and would they please let them know that she still loved him." Of couse I passed the message on and I'm not sure if the kids ever did but it was quite at the house from that time on.

hogwartsdropout
06-11-2007, 06:11 AM
Wow I just finished reading this whole thread and I'd love to hear more stories! I'm not sure I want to be left alone in our resort room this summer!

dkostel
06-11-2007, 10:16 AM
I rented an old Victorian a few years back. We were there less than a year and had 2 incidents. One night I was working on my computer and had the TV on, listening to it. It shut itself off once, I turned it back on and a couple of minutes later it happened again. I turned it back on and said, to no one in particular, "I was listening to that". It never happened again, and I still have that TV.
Another night I was falling asleep in bed and a heard something hit the floor in the hallway to the bathroom. I got up and my makeup bag was on the other side of the hallway (there was a long counter with mirrors, I used to keep the bag on the counter usually up against the mirrors.) It was on the other side of the 3+ ft wide hall and it hadn't been touched since the morning.
I had the upstairs to myself, (2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms) and I would avoid the one bedroom whenever possible. It was creepy, it didn't really scare me, I never felt unsafe, just creeped out.

Trentmom
06-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Got one for you all. It was 1994 and I, my DW (fiance at the time), and our three kids move to Benton Harbor, MI. My wife's older brother and his family are living in a small home on a corn farm at the time and we ended up staying with them for about two months while we were waiting for our rental to become availabe. My brother-in-law and his wife have three chidren of thier own and they were telling us about how cool the house was because it was haunted. They would wake up at night and see a man standing in the door way watching over them or he would be next to the bed as if checking in on them. Some times things would move, like a toy left laying the middle of the floor would be found the next morning in it's proper place or a night light would be found on even though it was off when they fell asleep.

Of course, I thought it was all a joke, child's tales. Well one night my wife and I are asleep in one of the rooms with our two youngest (2 and 6 month) and my wife rolls over and tells me to quit playing with the music box. I tell her I'm not playing with anything, she's just dreaming, go back to sleep. Then I hear it. I get up, flip on the light and the music stops. On a book shelf sits this object (sorry can't quite recall exactly what it was) that plays music only when you pick it up. It sat there on the shelf in an up right position so there was no way it should have been playing music. I picked it up and inspected it and it seemed to be working fine. I put it back, turned off the light and a minute later it started playing again. This time I didn't even bother with the light, I just went straight for the music box but by the time I got near it, it stopped. The next night it was just the two of us and we heard nothing. The third night, the kids were with us and again, the music started playing. Seemed to only happen when the kids were with us but not every time.

Jump ahead two weeks. I just started a job at a company that makes cardboard boxes. I am working on this one machine with a lovely lady who is in her early 70's. So we get to chatting and she notices my southern accent and asks what I am doing way up here. So I explain everything to her and I start talking about the things my nephew and nieces were telling me about the house. She looks at me and her face is white and she has tears starting to swell up in her eyes. She asks me if the house is on such and such street and if it sits at the end of a long dirt road. I tell her yes and the tears start streaming down her face. Turns out a few years back she lived in that same house with her husband. A janitor in the Benton Harbor school district for about 30 years or so. She told me that he walked into the house one day and fell over from heart attack. He died in the ambulance as it sat in the driveway.

She looks up at me and asks me to "tell the children that Harold will not harm them. He loved children so much, that's why he was a janitor for so long and would they please let them know that she still loved him." Of couse I passed the message on and I'm not sure if the kids ever did but it was quite at the house from that time on.

Wow....that sounds like something that you would see on the Ghost Whisper Show.

What an incredible, touching storing.

Thanks for sharing...:goodvibes

Trentmom
06-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Hey People!!

It has been about a week and would love to see if there are any more hotel ghost stories floating around or personal ghost stories of your own.

Keep them coming!!

Please and thank you:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Lynn5700
03-11-2008, 01:46 AM

Wow that is an amazing story.

I'm loving everybody's stories!!:thumbsup2

Shmily1
03-11-2008, 07:41 AM

That is so funny!!! My grandmother lived in FL atleast 50 years of her life and always told me that FL would fall in the ocean one day.... I was little so I kept wondering if she knew this, why didn't she move!!!:confused3 :rotfl2:

HonnyDipp
03-11-2008, 08:10 AM
Our son was born at 7:05am on a Friday, my grandmother died at 11:55pm the same day. The evening before she passed, I was obviously tired, the nurse offered to take my DS to the nursery so I could get some sleep. I went to sleep early but at 12:30, I woke straight up. Something told me to go to the nursery and check on the baby. I walked to the glass window and there in the middle of the nursery was my 11 pound 5 oz. baby bundled up in a blanket with his eyes wide open staring up at the ceiling. He was surrounded by babies crying for thier midnight feeding. But my DS was just lying there. He was so alert it was rather odd, I asked the nurse if he was ok. She told me that he had been lying there for about 30 minutes, not a sound from him. After watching him for a while, I went back to my room. Something told me to call my mom, I knew it was late but, I had to call her. When I called, she was wide awake, but I could tell something was wrong, that was when she told me that my Grandma had passed away. I hung up the phone and walked back to the nursery, my DS was fast alseep with the babies around him still screaming. Thats when it hit me, my grandma was visiting the latest edition of our family.

letthewookiewin
03-11-2008, 09:18 AM
I have a couple I can add.
While I was dating my DH I would go and see him after I got out of school. (He graduated a year after me, and I was in my freshman year at college during his senior year.) If him and I would have an argument the doors in the other side of the house would start slamming, until we stopped.
After we got engaged and I started my 2nd semester at a school closer to him, I moved into the spare room in their house. I would often wake up to someone tugging on my big toe. I found out later, that anyone that had slept in that room had the same thing happen. My DH's neice use to talk about playing with another child while she stayed there, and she was the only young child there at the time.
In his parent's room, they had a dresser that had a rectangular mirror on the top. His dad would take his belt and loop it over the top. It was not uncommon for it to start swinging from side to side.
Then there were the several times that we saw shadow figures in rooms that no one else was in. One time his sister was visting, so we were sitting up late talking to her. When you walked into the house right in front of you was the back of a fireplace, so they had a couch. Then to your left was the living room area. There was a couch that the back faced the door, and another couch that made a right angle with the 2nd couch. To the right was the dining room, and it was just one big open room. Then walking through the dining area was the kitchen, and there was a door on both sides of the table. If you walked into the kitchen and went right, that was the room I slept in. If you walked into the kitchen and went left, it was the washroom and the door to the basement. Well my now sister in law was sitting on the couch that was by the back of the fireplace. My DH and I were sitting on the couch that's back was to the door, but we were sitting on our knees facing her and the kitchen and my brother in law was sitting on the other couch in the living room looking at her. I saw a shadow figure pass the door to the kitchen close to my bedroom. I guess my sister in law saw the look on my face b/c she looked at the kitchen. By the time she looked the same figure passed the other door in the kitchen going toward the wash room. We were all facing the door, so it wasn't just an out of the corner of our eye thing. Also we were wide awake and we all saw the same thing.

A few years later my DH and I are living in our first home. He finally convinced me to let my infant son sleep in his own room, he was probably about 10 months or so. I was pregnant with our 2nd son. Our first son was a premie and I would go and check on him often while he was sleeping. One night I heard him babbling, and then a woman's voice, then him babble, and back and forth. I stood at the door for about a minute before opening the door as the woman was talking. I couldn't make out what she was saying, but I could tell it was a woman. As soon as I opened the door, her talking stopped. He was sitting up in his bed looking forward like he had been talking to someone. My DS is now 10 so I can't remember which came first, the news of her passing or hearing the voice. Around that time, a friend that I use to room with in the summer (at a high school thing where we would spend the summer at a college) took her own life. She had been married and her and her husband split, he took their son to another state, and he told her that she would never see their son again. Since I almost died having my first son, I was not told about her passing until after her funeral b/c my mom didn't think my blood pressure could handle it.

amo
03-11-2008, 09:48 PM
"Since the 1970s, author Jane Roberts has transcribed text channeled from what she described as an "energy personality essence" named Seth. Topics attributed to Seth discuss the nature of physical reality, the origins of the universe, the theory of evolution, the many-worlds interpretation, the Christ story, and the purpose of life among other subjects and form a collection of more than 10 books and a number of videos and audio recordings.

Author John Fuller used a Ouija board in his research for his 1976 book The Ghost of Flight 401. As he was skeptical of its effectiveness, he worked with a medium and claimed they both contacted Don Repo, the flight engineer on the flight which crashed into the Everglades en route to Miami. According to Fuller, the information divined described facts that neither he nor the medium previously knew."

I have the Ghost of Flight 401...pretty compelling even with a skeptical view!

amo
03-11-2008, 09:51 PM

Now THAT is FUNNY..very dry.:lmao:

mom2girlsn1boy
03-11-2008, 10:04 PM
freaky

chickenskin
03-12-2008, 05:55 AM
To the OP, if you post the room number it will be come the most requested room at Disney. Seriously, my friend lives in the Charleston, SC area and it is considered one of the most haunted cities, there is a bed and breakfast on the battery downtown that is very well known to have a haunted room, it's almost always completely booked.

pawla68
03-12-2008, 11:16 AM
I have one for you. We moved into our house when youngest DS was about 11 months old. From day one he would sit in his bed at night and laugh and giggle alot. Strange things would happen around the house like lights on that we thought we turned off, doors left open,etc. We dismissed these things as one of our sons doing it and we just didn't notice. Our dog sits in certain areas of the house and watches toward the ceiling with his ears perked up. When we got our female boxer two years ago, she started doing the same thing. One day I finally asked DS what he was laughing at because by this time he was now 4! He stated that he was laughing at the little girl. I asked what little girl. He said that one that comes to see him at night! We have woken up on several occassions to toys playing (musical toys, remote control cars, cars that come on when you push the button, etc). When DH and I would go into the boys bedroom, the both were usually always sound asleep. One night youngest DS was laying in his bed laughing. He said that the little girl turned on his car and the sound of it scared her and she went away!! About 2 years ago, I had fallen back asleep on the couch one morning, only to be awakened by what I thought was my youngest DS. When I fully opened my eyes, there was a little girl standing in front of me wearing a dress from the 1800's!!! She looked alot like my youngest DS (blond hair, blue eyes)!!!! Now that youngest DS is 9, he doesn't report seeing her, but the dogs still look up at the ceiling, toys still go off, lights still come on, and the tv in the boys room is turned on by itself more times than I can count!!!

Paula

Trentmom
03-12-2008, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=chickenskin;23747623]To the OP, if you post the room number it will be come the most requested room at Disney. Seriously, my friend lives in the Charleston, SC area and it is considered one of the most haunted cities, there is a bed and breakfast on the battery downtown that is very well known to have a haunted room, it's almost always completely booked.[/QUOTE

If I could remember it I would.

I only know it was in the 70s section.

I will have to do some looking around and see if I can find any papers with it on.

So cool this thread has been brought back to life

Enjoying all the new storiespopcorn::

mickeystoontown
03-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Subscribing because I absolutely love ghost stories.

FAB1
03-12-2008, 05:05 PM
To Trentmom & chickenskin

You posted the room number etc in your original post.

Shagley
10-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Just bumping an old post because I want to hear more scary stories!

Trentmom
10-05-2008, 12:48 PM
To Trentmom & chickenskin

You posted the room number etc in your original post.

I am not sure how I Missed this

Thanks to shagley for giving this a bump

Good time for more haunted stories since Halloween is upon us:thumbsup2

Trentmom
10-05-2008, 12:49 PM
I went back to my original post and I did indeed post the room info.

Here it is again for those who asked:

ROEDISNEY
10-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Love POP :cool2:

Mrs.Prince
10-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Sorry but I just thought of something...everyone always call the Legendary Years as a ghost town, maybe the ghost are tired of the builing too, and decided to join the living.:lmao:

Just a thought...:confused3

Trentmom
10-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Sorry but I just thought of something...everyone always call the Legendary Years as a ghost town, maybe the ghost are tired of the builing too, and decided to join the living.:lmao:

Just a thought...:confused3

That really is a good thought:laughing:

weesignlanguage
10-05-2008, 03:22 PM
There is another thread floating around here that is about a recent trip to Pop w/ some very strange happenings...let me find it and I 'll add it here in a minute...

Here it is http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1973660 but I think y'all have already matched up these two threads. Man...this is all spooky!

Trentmom
10-05-2008, 03:32 PM
There is another thread floating around here that is about a recent trip to Pop w/ some very strange happenings...let me find it and I 'll add it here in a minute...

Here it is http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1973660 but I think y'all have already matched up these two threads. Man...this is all spooky!

Thanks for the link wee:goodvibes

I just read that thread.

So strange how both of our strange occurrences happened in the 70s section

DearDaisyinDurham
10-05-2008, 05:45 PM
wow, spooky thread! spooky yet compelling!

DisneyFreak06
10-05-2008, 07:13 PM
A friend of mine told me a story that happened to her family. Her son was probably about 3 or 4 and her daughter was one and was just learning to walk. They were visiting her sister or sister in law at her cottage. They were in the kitchen and the little girl was about 3 or 4 feet from the basement stairs. All of a sudden she fell down the stairs! The little guy started getting really upset and said "Why did that mean lady push her down the stairs?"

I would not EVER want to be there again!

Trentmom
10-05-2008, 09:21 PM
A friend of mine told me a story that happened to her family. Her son was probably about 3 or 4 and her daughter was one and was just learning to walk. They were visiting her sister or sister in law at her cottage. They were in the kitchen and the little girl was about 3 or 4 feet from the basement stairs. All of a sudden she fell down the stairs! The little guy started getting really upset and said "Why did that mean lady push her down the stairs?"

WOW, me neither:scared1:

miprender
10-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Wow just read all the posts and I am a true believer of Ghosts. I live in the same city as Ghost Hunters. Their office used to be right down the street from us and DH would see them all the time packing up their van. I never saw them, but now they have moved a little further away, but in the same city.

Anyway, when I lived at home the house I lived at always belonged in the family and was built almost a 100 years ago. My mom still lives there. Well things would always go missing only to turn up a few hours later. But one night my brother and I were sitting in the parlor watching TV when my mom calls from the basement. I'm yelling back what does she want. Again she calls me so I get up and my brother follows because he heard her too and figured I must be in trouble and wanted to see what happened. I get ready to walk downstairs when from the corner of my eye I see my mom already in bed reading a book. :scared1:

I ask her what she wanted. She tells me nothing, doesnt know what I am talking about and my mom is not one to play jokes. I actually made her swear on a stack of Bibles that she was not calling me.

I always thought that basement was scary and I would have thought I was hearing things if it wasn't for my brother hearing it too! I am not sure what would have happend.

Another time I was sitting on the couch. No one is home except my cat who is sound a sleep on my lap. I start to hear someone walking up the stairs from the basement. Then it stops. I figure I am just hearing things. Then I look at my cat who is now wide awake, ears all the way back staring at the dining room where the door to the basement is. I figured if it was a burgular I only had a few seconds to get out. But nothing ever came (thank God) but I was awake for the whole night and never got off the couch until morning came.

DearDaisyinDurham
10-05-2008, 09:31 PM
I am reading these haunted posts with all the lights ON!!!!!!!

mickeystoontown
10-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Subscribing. Love to hear ghost stories...especially around Halloween!

Soarin08
10-05-2008, 10:16 PM

:scared1: I'm never staying at POP!!!!!! Eeeeekkk!!!!

My boss told me this morning her nephew's hobby is going to Confederate cemeteries and taking pics of the headstones. He took one on a digital camera a few days ago, and when he developed it, he saw a woman in period 1860s Southern clothing holding a baby standing next to a gravestone. He went back- THAT NIGHT- and said outloud "Is there anyone else here?" A woman's voice whispered "Yes," and he asked, "Who are you?"

"A dead person," was the very audible response.:scared1: He got it on a recorder. He has ghost-hunting equipment and RECORDED THIS CONVERSATION!! He's investigating to find out who the woman is.. was, whatever.

*Fantasia*
10-05-2008, 11:07 PM
We stayed at Pop in 2004. I believe on that year, we visited ASMovies. We stood outside the room (where my husband passed away in 2001). We prayed and we kissed the ballon and let it go. I think he might have followed us at Pop. He died so sudden in Disney (Buzz bldg.) and maybe he may think he is still alive. He may be walking around Pop century or at the ASMovies.
He may be waiting for us to come back to the room.

It was just a thought that ran through my mind and I thought I'd share them with you. I'm not afraid to talk about it.. I have learned, coped and accepted his death. If he is lingering around Disney.. It must be a joy for him. I hope it is not him.. I want him rest in peace.. in heaven.

Trentmom
10-06-2008, 12:36 AM
:scared1: I'm never staying at POP!!!!!! Eeeeekkk!!!!

My boss told me this morning her nephew's hobby is going to Confederate cemeteries and taking pics of the headstones. He took one on a digital camera a few days ago, and when he developed it, he saw a woman in period 1860s Southern clothing holding a baby standing next to a gravestone. He went back- THAT NIGHT- and said outloud "Is there anyone else here?" A woman's voice whispered "Yes," and he asked, "Who are you?"

"A dead person," was the very audible response.:scared1: He got it on a recorder. He has ghost-hunting equipment and RECORDED THIS CONVERSATION!! He's investigating to find out who the woman is.. was, whatever.

Oh wow, that is scary :scared1:

We stayed at Pop in 2004. I believe on that year, we visited ASMovies. We stood outside the room (where my husband passed away in 2001). We prayed and we kissed the ballon and let it go. I think he might have followed us at Pop. He died so sudden in Disney (Buzz bldg.) and maybe he may think he is still alive. He may be walking around Pop century or at the ASMovies.

It was just a thought that ran through my mind and I thought I'd share them with you. I'm not afraid to talk about it.. I have learned, coped and accepted his death. If he is lingering around Disney.. It must be a joy for him. I hope it is not him.. I want him rest in peace.. in heaven.

Wow,,, I am so sorry for your loss:hug:

HeyIt'sMe
10-06-2008, 07:44 AM
I'm loving the ghost stories!

Fantasia - I am so sorry about your DH. :hug:
I also have a family member that died in a resort room at WDW.

At my DH's family's annual Christmas Eve dinner in 1992 I was talking to his aunt & uncle (who I only saw maybe 2-3 times a year) and the subject of Disney World came up. DH & I had a trip planned for October 1993 and I found out during the conversation that his aunt & uncle were going in February 1993.

Flashforward - - - I was at work in February 1993 totally immersed in work when all of sudden, out of the blue, the thought of DH's aunt & uncle popped into my head. I wondered if they were on their trip or if they were back (we didn't talk specific dates when we talked at dinner) and how the trip was going/went. I turned my attention back to work. About 15 minutes later I had to have to the company's President sign something (another one of DH's uncles) and when I walked in his office he looked so upset. I asked what was wrong and he said that he had just gotten off the phone - the call was letting him know DH's uncle died in WDW! It really freaked me out to hear that since I had just thought of him! DH's aunt & uncle had spent the day golfing and went back to their room (Port Orleans) to clean up for dinner. After DH's uncle got out of the shower he said he didn't feel well. He collapsed after that and died of a heart attack right there in the room. :sad1: My DH's aunt said Disney handled the situation very well.

Poohbear123
10-06-2008, 05:17 PM

You are totally amazing, and I was thinking the same thing.:hug:

shane&jakesmom
10-06-2008, 07:59 PM
I have stayed at Pop a few times in the 70's building, I do not recall what room, I checked and could not find it :sad1: too bad cool stories want to hear more

DearDaisyinDurham
10-06-2008, 10:49 PM

:grouphug: Blessings to you and your beautiful family. :grouphug:

Momto8
10-06-2008, 10:49 PM

Fantasia, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your DH. I pray that it is not him and he is at rest in heaven.

I am the poster that started the thread that was linked at the top of the previous page on the strange happenings at POP when we were there this past Sept.

*Fantasia*
10-07-2008, 02:37 PM
:grouphug: Blessings to you and your beautiful family. :grouphug:

Fantasia, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your DH. I pray that it is not him and he is at rest in heaven.

I am the poster that started the thread that was linked at the top of the previous page on the strange happenings at POP when we were there this past Sept.

You are totally amazing, and I was thinking the same thing.:hug:

Oh wow, that is scary :scared1:

Wow,,, I am so sorry for your loss:hug:

I'm loving the ghost stories!

Fantasia - I am so sorry about your DH. :hug:
I also have a family member that died in a resort room at WDW.

Thanks everyone.. I appreciate your kind words and your thoughtfulness. Things are better. Always taking one day at a time and always thankful for what we have and always feel blessed.

Telly

dizydreamer
10-07-2008, 11:17 PM
Hi All, I have just found this thread and love it. I would like to add a few of my stories and hope you all enjoy them.

When I was 8 I was sleeping at a friends house. I woke in the middle of the night to my friend sitting up talking to some one. I asked who it was and they would not answer me. So I waited for the lady to leave and asked my friend who that was. She looked at me and said "You saw her?" I told her that I could and she asks if I was scared. I give her a strange look and she says that it was her grandmother and she just stopped by to say good bye and that she loves her. I say Oh and try to go back to sleep only to have the parents phone ring. Her parents come to the room to wake her up and tell her only to find her already up and she says to them I already know, we saw her. Her parents thought we were crazy.

Not too long after this my mom was taking my brothers & me to CCD school. While driving down the street my mom and I see a man dressed in robes and holding a staff. He walked right INTO the hillside and never reapeard. My brothers did not see a thing and they were looking in the same place. (To this day my mom and I belive we say Our Lord)

I aslo knew when each one of my grandparents passed, when one of my brothers jacknifed his truck, and my other brother had a car accident that wrecked his car he just put on the road.

Things got very quite for a few years and then I had my second daughter....

We moved into our house when she was 11 months old. She would sit in her crib and move her mouth, shake her head and smile as if she was talking to someone. Both of my girls would stand a the bottom of the stairs with the dog and stair at the top of the staircase. My older daughter would tell me that a mam in a green shirt was there and would not move and the dog would sit on the stairs and not let the kids up the stairs. My younger daughter who did not start to talk untill she was 2 1/2 finally said her first word.... guess what it was..... GHOST. She was standing, once again, at the bottom of the stairs and pionting up. They are now 13 & 10 and have just started to sleep with the light off. They see him mostly in the kitchen now as well as anyone that comes over seeing him. I see him go from room to room and as I stay up late he used to keep me company in the family room. I made the mitake of asking him to clean my house for me and I have not seen him in a few months. Guess I scared him off.

I could get into more but those are the big ones. Hope you enjoy.

Kim

ilovemyjj
10-08-2008, 09:50 AM

Amen...i woulda told them where to go!!! I was wondering if i was the only one who ever brings a bible??lol!!
But i do believe there is the gideons one in the desk? WHy do you think there there silly???
IN the name of Jesus..be gone you foul spirit!!:worship: :worship: