PDA

View Full Version : ASMusic preferred room most likely available

pat fan
05-19-2007, 08:16 AM
If anyone wants a preferred room at the Music for a week in July, one will most likely be available next week. My DB and his family appear to be backing out of the Grand Gathering trip we've had planned for over a year :mad: :mad: :mad: (and the "D" in DB does not stand for "dear").

Actualy, I think it is his wife who is pulling the strings on this one, but either way, I am just so upset. First, their oldest daughter (24 yrs old) backed out a couple months ago. OK, whatever. She's got a BF she can't leave because she's afraid he'll find someone else in the 5 days she's gone :rolleyes: . Now my DB says they had to get an operation for their horse ( he wanted to put it down, wife said save it) so they can't afford Disney. Hello, this was planned a long time ago and if you own a horse (who is 13 mind you) you should be prepared for what comes your way regarding that.

I just feel like the whole family is getting shafted, mostly my sister. The older neice was supposed to be her roomie, and when she backed out, it was my DB's 2 younger girls. Now my DS is alone in a room, not much fun. Guess I'll ship my boys over there and they can have fun together. This was supposed to be a family reunion type trip to celebrate my DS's HS graduation and my DN's 16 b-day, but I guess it'll just be for my DS now.Thanks for letting me vent, and if you pray, just pray my DB changes his mind and decides to still go. Although at this point I'd probably push his wife off the ferry boat on the way to the MK!

Debbie
05-19-2007, 08:59 AM
Ah. I'm sorry that you are going through the disappointment right now. :hug:

Maybe, the horse is an excuse, and there is something else going on that you don't know about. Families are like that, sometimes.

Doesn't change your feelings, though, and you are entitled to be upset with the change in plans. But, I'm sure that, in the end, all will be well. (And if you end up sending your boys over to DSis' room.....that could be a break for you and DH. ;) )

DD and I are in a preferred room in August, so you'll have to let us know how you like it!

Cass
05-19-2007, 09:08 AM
What a shame, but I hope you can go and have fun without them.

PS - horses live on average to 35 years of age, and some over 50!

minnie61650
05-19-2007, 09:12 AM
How disappointing.
I know you worked planning this trip.
:grouphug: I am hoping things will work out.

Congrats on your DS's Graduation.

I hope you have lots of fun at Disney!:wizard:

ceecee
05-19-2007, 09:15 AM
Maybe the horse is an excuse, but 13 isn't really that old for a horse.
Probably there is more to it than that. Just focus on having a great time with your family.
My BIL and family have joined us for the past 7 years and it's getting old! They complain about everything and their DD is out of control! I purposely choose a value the last 3 years because they would never stay at a value! Then last year they went to the POP and liked it better than WL!!! Too bad they don't have a horse that needs an operation!:rotfl:

CanadianGuy
05-19-2007, 09:58 AM
And this is why I never vacation with family.

Seriously. I love my family ... but I am pretty sure I couldn't vacation with ALL of them. :)

Sorry to hear things aren't working out. Hopefully you have a great time no matter who goes!

Knox

pat fan
05-19-2007, 10:24 AM
And this is why I never vacation with family.
Funny thing is, we didn't really want them to go to begin with,it was their idea. DSIL has been complaining for years how we've been to Disney and she hasn't. When she heard that we were going for DS's graduation she wanted me to get her information for her family and that's when we decided all the family could go together.Thing is, I've put a ton of work into their portion of the vacation, besides coordinating meals for 12 people etc...and that's part of what has me so frustrated.
BTW, my DH is thrilled they aren't going, DSIL makes him crazy!

DD and I are in a preferred room in August, so you'll have to let us know how you like it!
We've been there before and love it! Have no worries for you and DD, it is our favorite resort area to stay at.