PDA

View Full Version : Fingers crossed PHOTOPASS will be on Magic by Oct 07 !

Lindy Loo
05-18-2007, 07:00 PM
does anyone know if the photopass system, like in the parks will be on the Magic by this Oct?

If so we will be delighted and buy it for sure. Shutters is a DEFINATE NO NO for our family, so we are hoping Disney can get it sorted by Oct.

Any info anyone please?:confused3

pansmermaidzlagoon
05-18-2007, 08:20 PM
as far as I know there are no plans in the works.

we are already budgeting for Shutters for our 2008 trip!!!!:)

B9erSteve
05-18-2007, 10:50 PM
There are rumors that this was to be in place around the time of the European cruise. I saw a post a few weeks ago with another poster confirming that they heard that too.

pansmermaidzlagoon
05-18-2007, 10:58 PM
that would be nice - more convenient! Any idea what it would mean for pricing????

tvguy
05-19-2007, 02:46 AM
Okay, what is Photopass?

BuzzNutt
05-19-2007, 05:59 AM
Okay, what is Photopass?
Photopass is a system Disney uses in the parks. You get a card just like your KTTW card. There are photographers all around and you hand them the card, they take your pictures, then when you get home you can go online and order some pictures. It is awesome!!
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/specialindex?id=DisneyPhotoPassPage

tvguy
05-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Photopass is a system Disney uses in the parks. You get a card just like your KTTW card. There are photographers all around and you hand them the card, they take your pictures, then when you get home you can go online and order some pictures. It is awesome!!
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/specialindex?id=DisneyPhotoPassPage

Thanks. Sounds like an interesting idea. Though, when I Googled Photopass, I found not everyone agrees with your "awesome" description. Oh well, bottom line, if the photo is really important to you, take it yourself.

BuzzNutt
05-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Thanks. Sounds like an interesting idea. Though, when I Googled Photopass, I found not everyone agrees with your "awesome" description. Oh well, bottom line, if the photo is really important to you, take it yourself.

For me, who does take many of my own pictues, I enjoy the fact I can actually be in them now because I am not behind the camera. For me, photopass rocks.
To each his own! :cool1:

B9erSteve
05-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Pretty nice for my family and I. We didn't use it too much on our WDW trip but I will be using it a lot more next time. Very convienent.

Olaf
05-19-2007, 03:07 PM
The few pictures I purchased from Photopass were just awful. Very poor quality prints. I emailed them and never heard back.

Shutters may be more expensive, but at least you can get problems like that taken care of there.

tvguy
05-19-2007, 03:46 PM
For me, who does take many of my own pictues, I enjoy the fact I can actually be in them now because I am not behind the camera. For me, photopass rocks.
To each his own! :cool1:

We've always just had a fellow passenger or castmember snap our group photos. And of course, we do the same for fellow passengers.

Tonya2426
05-20-2007, 11:02 PM
I love using Photopass. You can crop the pictures online and add the year and disney graphics. I bought a picture of my mother and me from our last trip and gave it to her for mother's day. Not all of the pictures the photographers take are very good but usually there is one or two worth ordering. It would be nice if the cruises would use the Photopass so you have time to sort through the pictures after the cruise once you see the pictures you have taken. Oh well, maybe they will soon.

dlf246
05-21-2007, 01:07 PM
We have done both WDW photopass and DCL shutters, and DW insists that the quality of photopass is far less. We're not photographers, and so cannot tell whether the resolution they use is different, different processing, etc. Even I could tell a difference (but I appreciate the ability to wait until return home and order pics that way...)

mmouse37
05-21-2007, 01:26 PM
In the early days of DCL they had a kiosk that you would go to onboard and enter your stateroom number...you could then look at your photos and order any that you liked. I remember this from the Maiden Voyage cruise....I guess it did not work out because they switched to the sytem now in Shutters where you pick them from the wall.

DrCavin
05-21-2007, 01:33 PM
Last May I had one of the Shutters employee's tell me they would not be going to photopass. He stated legal issues & limits on storing the photos. I didn't exactly buy the limitations on storage, but that is what he stated. He said they would probably be going to a kiosk system w/possible face recognition.

Anything would be an improvement over the current system!!!

lillygator
05-21-2007, 01:36 PM
I am hoping they will go to this soon! Think of all the wasted paper from the prints that don't get purchased.

pansmermaidzlagoon
05-21-2007, 02:00 PM
I am hoping they will go to this soon! Think of all the wasted paper from the prints that don't get purchased.

I agree - so much waste!!!! that is even worse than the inconvenience!!!:)

ericamanda01
05-21-2007, 02:55 PM
While I agree that the convenience of photopass was great, the quality was just not up to that of Shutters. For our last WDW/cruise vacation we got pictures from both and the Shutters pictures are so much better. Now if they can upgrade the photopass to that of Shutters then I will be a happy camper!