PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs vs. Coronado Springs

WeLoveSpaceMountain
05-18-2007, 11:57 AM
So...I am planning my fall trip and I am looking for advice. I have stayed at moderate resorts before and have been thinking about Coronado Springs based on the location in relationships to parks. I have a good deal lined up though for a villa at Saratoga Springs, and like the thought of staying at someplace considered a bit more "upscale". Can anyone offer me some advice??? I will be traveling with only my daughter (7) and we will be staying for 9 days. Additionally at approx what my travel times from SSR to the parks via Disney transportation that would be great!

Thank you all VERY much

:grouphug:

robinb
05-18-2007, 12:17 PM
I have stayed at both resorts: CSR when my DD was 6-years old and SSR when she was 7-years old. I like both resorts, but I think the "nod" goes to SSR.

Advantages to CSR:
1. The pool rocks and the slide is very fast.
2. The hot tub is huge.
3. The Pepper Market is a great restaurant.
4. CSR is centrally located to all the parks.
5. Daily maid service (I assume that you are renting DVC points for SSR).

Advantages to SSR:
1. Zero depth entry pool with a "natural" feel and a fun slide.
2. Hot tubs where you can see the pool.
3. Downtown Disney a short boat ride (or a walk depending on your room location) away.
4. Bigger rooms with a fold-out couch. We keep the couch folded up while we're not sleeping so we have a lot of extra room!
5. Private balconies.
6. No park pass requirement for the Disney Dining Plan.
7. Microwave and toaster in the room in addition to standard fridge and coffee maker.
8. General store with food to cook in the room.
9. "Horsey" theme for girls.

PS: I never had a problem with the buses at SSR.

Buzz2001
05-18-2007, 02:19 PM
I've never been to SSR but I can offer you pics and info for CSR on my website below to help you with your decision.

jwfla422
05-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Last summer dd (who was 7 at the time) and I stayed at SSR for the first time. (we are dieheard WDW goers but this was a non-WDW park trip since our APs were blacked out)

We were booked for a studio but were upgraded to a 1 bedroom villa in CP with a great view of DTD. Since we did a NON WDW park trip, we went to SW instead which was a convenient 10 min. drive from there.

I would stay there again in a heartbeat. We loved this resort and not only found it relaxing but also fun. We got a lot of rain so when we got caught in some storms at the pool we found our refuge in the activity center right by the pool area which was great. I see there are running specials again this summer so we may just take advantage of it again.

While many like the moderate resorts we're deluxe snobs so IMHO I'd go with SSR over CSR. We also liked the convenience of being able to walk to DTD from our room and we also had the convenience of the DTD bus depot so we were able to take the bus directly to other resorts for our dinners as we ate at many of the resort restaurants during our trip since we're DDE members.

ampooh
05-18-2007, 03:19 PM
can you tell me how much difference you think there is in pool size at CSR vs SSR?

We've stayed at CSR and the pool was fine (SAB at the BC is our fav but for a savings of 700 I booked the AP rate) but the main pool at SSR looks so small.

wiggles02
05-18-2007, 03:35 PM
My vote would go to SSR and we have stayed at both.

La2kw
05-18-2007, 07:43 PM
can you tell me how much difference you think there is in pool size at CSR vs SSR?

We've stayed at CSR and the pool was fine (SAB at the BC is our fav but for a savings of 700 I booked the AP rate) but the main pool at SSR looks so small.

I don't know the size, but I can tell you the SSR is not small. It's a large pool with a zero depth entry. In addition, they just opened the Grandstand section which has another large pool and a water play area for the kids. There's also two more quiet pools. If you go to the DVC boards, there's quite a few threads there describing the resort, along with photos.

4theloveofdisney
05-18-2007, 07:48 PM
We have stayed at both recently and hands down, I would pick SSR. The pool at SSR is so much better than the one at CSR!!!! The resort is nicer too, IMHO! The pool at SSR has several areas to it, many entrances and it's large. There is a zero entry area as well. My kids loved the slide and there is even a smaller handicap accessible slide (that my toddler loved) plus a water feature area this is close by. Not only that but the pool is just off of a really nice food court where you can get upscale and yet normal food items. We LOVED SSR and I don't feel you would be disappointed.
If given the choice, I would pick SSR over CSR ANYDAY.

WeLoveSpaceMountain
05-19-2007, 06:47 AM
Thank you all for your feedback, you have made my decision much easier! I will be doing SSR this year for 9 days in Oct. with my daughter, and I promise when I get back I will do a post and let everyone know how it was.

I will still be watching this post so if anyone has additional information / hints I should keep in mind, please let me know!

Best regards and many magical thoughts for all...

Chris

purpliequeen
05-19-2007, 09:03 AM
SSR hands down. SSR offers more amenities in the room, as it is a DVC resort. CSR is also a great resort, but it is not at the same level in terms of room amenities. Not to mention, SSR is in a great location for restuarants and night life, as it is a 10-15 min walk to DTD.

robinb
05-19-2007, 09:12 AM
I read on the DVC board that they show movies at the pool in new Grandstand area.