PDA

View Full Version : Need help chosing a resort

Bichon Barb
05-18-2007, 06:44 AM
Which would you chose for a four night trip with your spouse--no kids--for October? We are going down for a business meeting and then staying for a long weekend. We'll have a rental car.

I'd love to hear your thoughts. We'll probably do Epcot (F&W Fest) one afternoon/evening and maybe a day at the MK.

BTW, AKL and WL would be through AAA and about the same price.

SSR would be via renting points and would probably cost a few hundred less.

TIA

eliza61
05-18-2007, 06:46 AM
Which would you chose for a four night trip with your spouse--no kids--for October? We are going down for a business meeting and then staying for a long weekend. We'll have a rental car.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

BTW, AKL and WL would be through AAA and about the same price.

SSR would be via renting points and would probably cost a few hundred less.

TIA

My vote would be for AKL. Only because I haven't been there before. All 3 are really good choices though.

Bichon Barb
05-18-2007, 06:48 AM
My vote would be for AKL. Only because I haven't been there before. All 3 are really good choices though.

It's a tough one, huh? :laughing:

Another option that I didn't put down is waiting until June 6th(?) and trying to rent points for a res at an AKV savannah view studio, but who knows if anything will be left by then. :(

spiceycat
05-18-2007, 10:09 AM
you can get VWL (not WL) through renting points too.

you can't AKV yet - probably next year.

Bichon Barb
05-18-2007, 12:19 PM
I thought that AKV is open for reservations for all DVC members on 6/6. :(

I'm really not so sure about staying at WL. I'm not crazy about WCC, and we just ate at AP last October. BUT, it would be nice to take the boat to the monorail and have access to all the MK restaurants (and the MK too).

On the other hand, AK has Jiko, and I've only been there once and that was just for appetizers. I'm sure my husband would love it.

The positive about SSR is DD. We both love DD.

Decisions! Decisions! ;) I wish I could rent points at BWV or BCV, but I think I have a snowball's chance in hell. :laughing:

nurse.darcy
05-18-2007, 12:24 PM
I voted for WL, though I have never been to any of these. I would have voted for AKL but you said standard view and not Savannah view.

Tinks Girls
05-18-2007, 12:31 PM
We have never stayed at the WL yet but we are staying there this August. We are going for our 10th anniversary. We have eaten at Artist Point a few times and I just love the lobby and the atmosphere that the WL has to offer. Very romantic and peaceful. I obviously voted for the WL woodsview --We reserved woodview as well.

Good Luck - All the resorts that you stated are wonderful. It really just depends on which one fits you best.:love:

mouseRD
05-18-2007, 01:00 PM
While technically not WDW resorts, they are both deluxe resorts & very nice for adults (my DH & I have stayed at both - the Swan has an edge for being quieter & the Dolpin for having more eateries - bluezoo was great!) & I checked for AAA rate (it was available a couple of weeks ago) in October - 189.50; walking distance for F & W. I've never stayed at AKL or WL, but I've been to Jiko's & AP for dinner & loved both! I would lean toward a stay at AKL & my DH at WL!

MKFan-PR
05-18-2007, 01:12 PM
Although I voted for WL, I second the option of Swan / Dolphin: excellent location for Epcot / Boardwalk and all their great restaurants, close enough to DTD. Plus I believe you can get comparable rates to WL and AKL.

Disney Doll
05-18-2007, 01:22 PM
I chose WL. I find that to be a wonderful, serene, relaxing resort. Very romantic to stroll around at night.;)

Bichon Barb
05-18-2007, 01:30 PM
While technically not WDW resorts, they are both deluxe resorts & very nice for adults (my DH & I have stayed at both - the Swan has an edge for being quieter & the Dolpin for having more eateries - bluezoo was great!) & I checked for AAA rate (it was available a couple of weeks ago) in October - 189.50; walking distance for F & W. I've never stayed at AKL or WL, but I've been to Jiko's & AP for dinner & loved both! I would lean toward a stay at AKL & my DH at WL!

Thanks! I should have my TA look into Swan and Dolphin. I had looked on expedia, but I think the rate was $220 for the first two nights and $320 for the second two--or something like that. It would be nice to walk in and out of F&WF. :)

Bichon Barb
05-18-2007, 02:10 PM
There is a code from Allears for the Swan and Dolphin. I believe it was $179 for the Swan and $189 for the Dolphin. Check out these Heavenly Beds at the Swan. Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout! :D

http://www.allears.net/acc/swan36.jpg