PDA

View Full Version : I thought pool-hopping was not allowed?

mathgeek
05-17-2007, 08:53 PM
I have been helping a friend plan her trip and when she booked her resort she was told that they "could use any pool except the Yacht Club and Beach Club ones." As a DVC member I always thought that this was a privilege for DVC members staying on points (and we can't use pools at Y&BC or AKL), with the exception of guests staying at Y&BC being allowed to use each others pools as well as POR & POFQ and the 3 All-Stars. Has something changed that I missed? Or was my friend misinformed?

I know this can be a hot topic - I just want to know if the rules have changed - my friend doesn't seem to believe me b/c she had read somewhere that they can use any pool on property and now it's being reinforced by the CM who booked their ressie. Thanks! :)

AJKMOM
05-17-2007, 09:01 PM
You are correct, there is no pool hopping except to a pool of a sister resort if you are at one. Your friend will be seriously disappointed depending on when and where she tries to "hop".

Kimberle
05-17-2007, 09:03 PM
You are correct. Perhaps she booked through a travel agent. There are still LOTS of people who truely believe pool hopping is still allowed.

safetymom
05-17-2007, 09:05 PM
The policy has been stated. She won't be able to pool hop.