PDA

View Full Version : Which one of these mod resorts has the best transportation?

breebella
05-17-2007, 02:19 PM
Since I have been unable to secure CSR for many months now, which of the two resorts have better bus transportation to & from the parks, CBR or POR?

I'm traveling alone with 3 kids ages 14, 14, & 5.

I know that both are big resorts and have a few bus stops each. Does CBR share bus transportation with any other resort? I know POR shares with FQ.

Thanks so much.

mickeystoontown
05-17-2007, 02:27 PM
The CBR bus system was very efficient when we stayed there last June. The CBR does not share it's bus system with any other resort.

We are used to driving so the first day we drove to Epcot. The second day, we decided to use the bus system. Boy oh boy was it great! It was so nice having someone else watching traffic and navigating through all the cars.

Because the CBR is so centrally located, it never took us long to get to any Disney destination.

We love the CBR. In fact, we're headed back in just 13 days for another 10 day stay!

beccasmom
05-17-2007, 03:02 PM
CBR might be a bit better, although it is a large resort. Of the two, POFQ beats POR with regards to bus transportation, IMHO. There is only one stop and the resort is compact and easy to maneuver around in.

If you opt for POR, the best place to meet the bus seems to be the lobby stop. We always had much better luck there than waiting at our stop.

binky
05-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Well, I've never stayed at CBR, but you would probably not have any problems with the transportation. It's true that CBR does not share with any other resort, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's any better or worse than POR, IMO. CBR has 7 bus stops. POR has 4 and shares with POFQ, which has 1 stop and is right next to POR. So it's 7 non-sharing vs. 5 sharing. I don't see much difference. We stayed at POR last May and found the buses to be great! We always had a seat on the way to the parks; sometimes sat and sometimes stood on the way back. By the way, we used the West Depot, which was the first stop during our stay. :thumbsup2

wildeoscar
05-17-2007, 04:35 PM
according to data from a web site that is not to be named in a post... Average wait time is shorter at PO then it is at CBR by 4 min.

catbertdave99
05-17-2007, 05:27 PM
We've stayed at CBR twice in the past couple of years. Bus service has always been fast and plentiful -- no problems at all! CBR does not share with any other resort, and while having many bus stops might seem to be a problem, we think it's really an asset -- no room is EVER far from a bus stop, and we like that!

The first time we were at CBR, my sons were 14 and 11 and had a 13-yr-old friend with them. This year, they were 16 and 13 and had a 16-yr-old friend with them. Teenagers will LOVE the resort -- whtie sand beaches, hammocks and beach chairs, all the quiet pools in addition to the main pool, boat rentals on the resort's own 45-acre lake, bike rentals, the 1.4-mile walking/jogging/biking path around the lake, the food court and game arcade and gift shops.... my guys insist that we return to CBR on our next trip too! Being at CBR is like a vacation within our vacation!

magchavez
05-17-2007, 05:35 PM
We stayed at POR last September and the bus transportation was great. We never waited for more than a few minutes and we always got a seat. It didn't seem like we were making hundreds of stops before we got to ours. I, for one, don't think transportation is an issue at POR.

kate&sarahsdad
05-18-2007, 04:13 AM
CBR!!! POR has terrible transportation that is shared with POFQ.

Buzz2001
05-18-2007, 04:21 AM
CSR is a great resort with the best transportation of the mods. Check out my CSR website below for pics and info.

I would call and continue to call until something opens up for any resort you are looking to book. Being a convention resort, CSR holds rooms for convention guests and then releases them once the "book by" date passes. Onr may open up for you. I've read about it happening on these boards numerous times.

Mickey23
05-18-2007, 07:13 AM
CBR because it is not shared like POR/POFQ. Don't give up on CSR though. I would keep trying.

Fionasmommy
05-18-2007, 09:28 AM
We've stayed at both and felt that the total travel time was shorter on the POFQ/POR buses. CBR is just so big and has so many stops! If you're on a POFQ/POR shared bus it's still only 5 stops total (including when you get on) so it's really not that bad at all. Also, it's great being first off the bus at night and having such a small resort to walk through to get back to the room.

minnie61650
05-18-2007, 10:07 AM
Transportation.

CBR has 7 bus stops.
CSR has 4 bus stops.
PO has 5 stops. 1st stop POFQ then 4 stops at POR.
POFQ & POR do have a boat to DTD.

By this fall the buses are going to have a new GPS system.
There will no longer be dedicated buses at any resort or for any bus run.

If a bus is not full after leaving a resort they may be called to another resort to pick up more passengers.

This should make bus runs all over the Disney property run more efficiently.

Pick the resort of your choice based on other reasons since the bus transportation will no longer (if the GPS plans work out) be better at any one resort.

Our moderator Canadian guy has more info on this bus system if you want to learn more about it.

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

Buzz2001
05-18-2007, 10:25 AM
By this fall the buses are going to have a new GPS system. There will no longer be dedicated buses at any resort or for any bus run.

If a bus is not full after leaving a resort they may be called to another resort to pick up more passengers.I find it hard to believe that a bus from CSR will pass a park just to pick up more passengers then return to that park.

With CSR being centrally located between Epcot, MGM and AK, that wouldn't make sense. From CSR, you only pass AKL on your way to Animal Kingdom, that may work. Going to EPCOT, you don't pass any other resorts and going to MGM the driveway to MGM is across from the Swophin. It will be interesting to see/read about what happens but I can't see buses going anywhere just to fill up with passengers.

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/3743/csrmap0kn.jpg

Linda T.
05-18-2007, 10:44 AM
We've stayed at both POR and CBR. The CBR bus transporation was 100% better than POR. We never went back to POR because of the bus transportation.

Linda T.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

June, 1979 - Offsite
June, 1995 - CBR
June, 1997 - CBR
June, 1999 - POR
June, 2003 - CBR
March, 205 - Disneyland
June, 2005 - CBR

Next Trip - July 11 thru July 18 - CBR :)

minnie61650
05-18-2007, 11:04 AM
I find it hard to believe that a bus from CSR will pass a park just to pick up more passengers then return to that park.

]

From this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1429832

Regardless.. this will all be changing with the new GPS dynamic bus routing. No bus will be 'dedicated' to anything. They'll all be routed and scheduled dynamically based on need at that exact point in time.

That new bus routing system is due to be implemented in phases this year. Most of it should be in place by the fall.

Knox

Yes:

Check here
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=18277681&postcount=8

And here..
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=18279335&postcount=12

Basically it's a GPS system that will track all buses (and number of guests aboard) at all times.. in coordination with a computerized routing and scheduling system that works 'on the fly'.

Knox

Buzz2001
05-18-2007, 01:22 PM
"So a bus that JUST left Pop and dropped off at Blizzard Beach might then proceed to All Star Sports and take guests to Epcot and then take departing Epcot guests to the Magic Kingdom. (for example)"This makes more sense. The bus is rerouted after each drop off has been made not during it.

minnie61650
05-18-2007, 01:59 PM
One of the big problems with this current setup.. is that in some locations buses are running borderline empty.. while at the exact same moment, others are running fully loaded as fast as they can. Some buses end up doing lots of 'empty backhauls' to pick up guests and so on......

This new routing and flagging system should move the buses more quickly to where they are needed rather than having dedicated buses sit, idling, empty and waiting for guests who may or may not show up.

Think of this kind of scenario.

A bus could leave MK and bring guests to Coronado Springs. And then leave CS empty and return to MK to bring back more guests. That's how it has kinda worked up til now.

Under the new system, a bus could leave MK and bring guests to Coronado Springs. Change the sign, and then take waiting guests from Coronado Springs to DTD. Then it would change the sign again and take waiting guests from DTD to the Contemporary. Quick change of sign again, back to MK and taking more guests to Pop Century.

While that bus was gone.. other buses could be dynamically assigned to take waiting guests from MK to CSR as well. Rather than waiting for the 'dedicated' buses under the old system. AND it freed up two maybe even three dedicated buses to be re-routed dynamically? Less empty miles, better use of the buses and drivers they already have and if all works as designed = less waiting time for guests.......

Now imagine that across all the resort and park destinations. ......

------------------------------------------------

Hopefully this will make wait times less at all of Disney's resorts.